Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
You guys weren't kidding about Manfred being godawful overpowered. I had hosed up and gotten myself into a pretty bad fight against empire troops where they had a 3/1 advantage in early game and his army was still largely full of garbage units. I sniped the enemy lord first thing which caused a good third their force to just gently caress off. Unfortunately by this point the only thing left on field of any note was Manfred and the Varghulf who both just kinda rampaged around wrecking poo poo. I did end up losing the fight, but both Manny and the Varghulf survived and barely any of that force managed to.

I honestly thought I was going to pull it off because half of their army was running around terrified of Manfred the entire time.

EDIT: Do wizards for the Empire campaign feel useless to anyone else? I feel like the only time I got any good use out of mine was during a siege I managed to get both a bright and celestial wizard up on the walls. The enemy had a big fuckoff ball of light/heavy cavalry sitting at the end of the main thoroughfare that runs the length of the wall prepared to fling themselves at whoever made it to ground level first so I just started dumping AOE spells into them as soon as they came off cooldown/I had the celestial farts to do it for several minutes straight while I cleared the walls.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jun 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Von_Doom posted:

So... running as Empire is kicking my arse. Hard diff. Mainly Norsca and various northern tribes. Dogs and fast Cav seem to dance around my blocks of spears and swords and head right to my cannons and crossbow. Had a couple of guys zig zag between 4 sword and spear units just to engage my cannon. I like running heavy cannon (4) after dwarf run. Isn't there some threat range that forces the calvary to engage my melee? I've even had then charge through my unit and hit the crossbow to almost disengage and them go from cannon to cannon group. A pain as I have to turn off the melee toggle on my crossbow and then re-select the guncrew on the cannon. A bit of a pain. Wondering why I'm so bad at micro. Also I am trying to put a protective block around the crew but marauders always dance around them. Annoying.

Honestly I two specific armies just to deal with these assholes, and those specific armies involved heroes/generals with a lot of move speed bonuses, no artillery and a lot of white dudes with guns/bows.

Basically the American South.

EDIT: And I hunt those fuckers down like dogs. Watching them run rampant all over the north was really frustrating when they'd do literally anything to avoid my stacks, and when I did finally trap the fuckers it was all missile cav... which is largely useless but drags the battle out.

Can't wait to go north with my VC's so manfred can snipe the leader so the whole stack runs away then I can just autoresolve execute on the next move turn.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Jun 9, 2016

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Playing a VC hard campaign right now and the loving dwarves decided that mid chaos invasion was the best possible time to declare war on me. They haven't actually done anything because they are busy trying to wipe the greenskins out.

So I've now wiped chaos out and I've decided to make it my mission to nurture the orcs and gently caress the dwarves. The main greenskin faction is slowly getting wiped out but I'm injecting money into their economy to help stave it off, while slowly raizing my way down to them from the north all the way south. Each province I enter is getting deployed banshees to quickly drive corruption up so reconquering is a pain in the dick. These loving dwarves didn't even send agents up to gently caress with chaos. They are clearly chaos dwarves. They are going to burn.

• Locked thread