Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

They came after you after saving Megaton. They're just loot piñatas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
They had cool armor iirc

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Philippe posted:

They came after you after saving Megaton. They're just loot piñatas.

Oh those guys. I mean, at least there the motivation is "Tenpenny is mad at you and hired some guys". The Gunner motivation is to stand around and do nothing.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Zereth posted:

Oh those guys. I mean, at least there the motivation is "Tenpenny is mad at you and hired some guys". The Gunner motivation is to stand around and do nothing.

Haha no, they get hired to kill you if you have positive karma also. Someone wants you dead because you gave water to some beggars. Its even stupider because they come after you even if you never did the thing that gives a solid motivation because gently caress anyone who is a good person.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Fantastic Alice posted:

Haha no, they get hired to kill you if you have positive karma also. Someone wants you dead because you gave water to some beggars. Its even stupider because they come after you even if you never did the thing that gives a solid motivation because gently caress anyone who is a good person.
:negative:

... still slightly more motivation than the Gunners have.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Fantastic Alice posted:

Don't worry there is also a faction that does the exact same thing if you have enough negative karma, because I guess they wanted to be very sure the player's experience was not qualitatively different in any way depending on the choice they've made.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Don't worry there is also a faction that does the exact same thing if you have enough negative karma, because I guess they wanted to be very sure the player's experience was not qualitatively different in any way depending on the choice they've made.

not if you stay morally gray! (iirc)

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

The Cheshire Cat posted:

That actually makes sense though. No poo poo people want you dead if you've been acting like a douchebag thieving murderer.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If you have neutral karma then zapp brannigan comes and shoots you in the face.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Zereth posted:

I don't remember the talon company at all. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They yell "talon company!!" at you.

It would be neat if you could ever hire these mercenary mooks to back you up in these games.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

The Talon Company and Reilly's Rangers would be great disposable companions, yeah, instead of the ridiculous "you must be this neutral to recruit me" system Fallout 3 has.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Don't forget that defending yourself against "evil" guys that attacked you on sight got you positive karma, so you needed to do the occasional atrocity in order to stay neutral! :shepface:

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Does anyone know of a mod that prevents my kids from waking up every half hour while I'm playing Fallout?

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

tadashi posted:

Does anyone know of a mod that prevents my kids from waking up every half hour while I'm playing Fallout?

Nyquil of the Wasteland

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

tadashi posted:

gun

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

So I think I want to do another run at 4, but now that I have a non-potato computer, I'd like to mod it. Sim Settlements looks neat, and I'd like something that definitely made that part of the game stand out more.

Aside from that, are there any super cool must have type mods? I don't need to super heavily mod it, but maybe something to address the bullet-sponge nature of things, especially in the expansion, or some cool crafting thing or something? Just kinda curious. The OP is dense and looks like it hasn't been updated in a year or two so I'm not sure what's good and what's not.

Edit: Looks like I'll be getting power grid mods if I get it.

Saxophone fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Sep 17, 2021

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

I'm playing FO4 for the first time. I'm getting massive amounts of motion sickness, which is rough - I can only handle about 90 mins before I need to go lie-down
Are there any mods that improve the usage of terminals? They feel... sticky, and slow. Want them to operate quicker, more like FNV

Spacehams
Jun 3, 2007

sometimes people are mean, and I think they should try being nice
Grimey Drawer

Moreau posted:

I'm playing FO4 for the first time. I'm getting massive amounts of motion sickness, which is rough - I can only handle about 90 mins before I need to go lie-down
Are there any mods that improve the usage of terminals? They feel... sticky, and slow. Want them to operate quicker, more like FNV

I have a lot of trouble with motion sickness in Bethesda games, but raising the FOV to 100-105 usually does the trick for me. You can change it in the ini files, but I just use this config tool: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/102/

Faster Terminal Displays will make the terminals move a bit faster, but you're still stuck with the clunky operation and annoying animation every time you use it.

There are mods to remove head bob, too.

Spacehams fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Oct 14, 2021

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Another option for helping with motion sickness - you can also remove the POV camera that changes the camera angle in the cut scene-style interactions. I think that's just a base setting. The only problem is it messes up some of the content adding mods (like sim settlement 2).

I was pretty disappointed that SS2 just doesn't work on older XBones (like mine). They tried to make some improvements in the last update but I'm reading that other people still have the same issues like me - game freezes frequently and at random intervals when I'm in a certain range of settlements.

Settlements feel so loving boring after messing with sim settlements. The part of my brain that doesn't understand they aren't real people feels pretty bad for the settlers who have to go back to living in my lovely buildings and working at crap assignments. You can't even build merchant stalls until rank 2 of local leader at level 14.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
The answer to that is becoming a robot wrangler, and assign boring repetitive tasks to machines. *Should* lower food/water requirements, bet it doesn't though.

Keep any humans you want for later, but don't recruit more unless they're special named ones that you can assign as merchants.. And make Marcie a provisioner, in rags, with a nail board, making the run through Quincy. Give her a reason to be bitchy. :getin:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I've also gotten the itch and started up fallout 4 again; all the Sim Settlements stuff looks cool, that was always a disappointing part of the vanilla game for me, I like the idea of just being able to set up sim city districts and let the NPCs do the work (or apparently you can even appoint a leader to do the setting up for you, though I haven't found a qualified candidate yet in my few hours of play; not sure how rare those are supposed to be).

I'm a bit overwhelmed about where to start with it though; it looks like there's a a "Sim Settlements" (with what appear to be expansion packs--rise of the commonwealth, industrial revolution, and some conquest thing) but there's also a Sim Settlements 2. Is 2 better and a good place to start? Or is the original the better, more polished one at this point? I'm just coming in to all this now after originally playing the game at launch and getting too bored to finish it so I dunno where everything's at in terms of bugginess. I'm playing with the original right now and it...well I don't quite understand how to use it, and I'm wondering if I should start figuring that out, or delete it and just use 2, I guess.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Don't bother with the first iteration, start with SS2. there is a separate category on Nexus just for SS2 stuff to help exclude the old version. You will need to start a new game also, it's one of those things you really don't want to add post-start.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Optimus Prime Rib posted:

I have a lot of trouble with motion sickness in Bethesda games, but raising the FOV to 100-105 usually does the trick for me. You can change it in the ini files, but I just use this config tool: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/102/

Faster Terminal Displays will make the terminals move a bit faster, but you're still stuck with the clunky operation and annoying animation every time you use it.

There are mods to remove head bob, too.

Just wanted to say, this worked for me. So, thanks! Moving the FOV to 105 solved the issue. And terminals are definitely much better now.

Now I just have to deal with the fact that after New Vegas, Fallout 4 is ridiculously pretty - and I'm basically just running a standard game with some bug-fixes atm.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Ygolonac posted:

The answer to that is becoming a robot wrangler, and assign boring repetitive tasks to machines. *Should* lower food/water requirements, bet it doesn't though.

Keep any humans you want for later, but don't recruit more unless they're special named ones that you can assign as merchants.. And make Marcie a provisioner, in rags, with a nail board, making the run through Quincy. Give her a reason to be bitchy. :getin:

The only time I've played Automatron all the way through I put Jezebel into a Protectron body and gave her the supply line between Sanctuary and Red Rocket Truck Stop. Shouldn't have been so rude, honey. Now you're cursed for all eternity to slowly walk the same mile back and forth forever.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
Is the OP useful anymore or is it completely outdated?

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

NeoSeeker posted:

Is the OP useful anymore or is it completely outdated?

I tried to clean any outdated stuff out of the OP but I haven’t kept up with any newer mods

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Independently of the F4NV project, a team is porting/integrating the FNV map into F4. Not entirely clear what the end goal is, but I don't think they intend to remake the entire game. It'll just be a new zone for your F4 character, iiuc.

Project Mojave

The current wip version includes the strip and chunk of the map.

e:oops, didnt notice how big those images were

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Rinkles posted:

Independently of the F4NV project, a team is porting/integrating the FNV map into F4. Not entirely clear what the end goal is, but I don't think they intend to remake the entire game. It'll just be a new zone for your F4 character, iiuc.

Project Mojave

The current wip version includes the strip and chunk of the map.

e:oops, didnt notice how big those images were

They've been releasing parts of the mod piecemeal when possible to show off progress so the end goal is still recreating FNV in FO4's engine.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

F4NV also seems dead. Some controversy happened in the spring I never saw the details of and they haven’t posted any updates since then and locked the subreddit. I’ll be surprised if any of these big content mods ever release. Fallout Miami Fallout London and Fallout Capital Wasteland any of them coming out would be a shock.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
any good weapon mods you guys would recommend?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
very fond of this one, it's a huge collection of overhauls of the vanilla guns all done by the same guy. the goal was to try to make all of them relevant at all points of the game, rather than (e.g.) pipe guns be something you use for a few levels and never touch again they can be upgraded much further and remain competitive with the high end stuff. so much work went into this, it's done really well:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/41344

zhar
May 3, 2019

cheesetriangles posted:

F4NV also seems dead. Some controversy happened in the spring I never saw the details of and they haven’t posted any updates since then and locked the subreddit. I’ll be surprised if any of these big content mods ever release. Fallout Miami Fallout London and Fallout Capital Wasteland any of them coming out would be a shock.

I looked up f4nv just now and they posted a Twitter / Facebook “featured content” update like 2 days ago, although it does seem to be the first in a while. I agree with you though I’m not holding my breath for any of them to be released (at least in a complete state) but if they do it’ll be a pleasant surprise.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

toasterwarrior posted:

Good lord, that team has made a trailer with more animation and craft than Bethesda ever managed for this loving game. It's astounding.

Same, holy poo poo :stare: I'm legit more hyped for the next SS2 chapter than I was for actual FO4, what the gently caress.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

zhar posted:

I looked up f4nv just now and they posted a Twitter / Facebook “featured content” update like 2 days ago, although it does seem to be the first in a while. I agree with you though I’m not holding my breath for any of them to be released (at least in a complete state) but if they do it’ll be a pleasant surprise.

Apparently they had a falling out with the F4CW team earlier this year, but honestly they've always been pretty quiet. They're certainly active enough on their discord server, though.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I could swear I used to have a Fallout 4 mod that merged all your settlements' inventories so you could craft in any of them using the materials from any/all of them, eliminating the need to, for example, zip around from place to place trying to figure out which one you left those oil cans in. I can't seem to find it, though. Anybody know what I'm talking about?

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
That sounds like you just mean the vanilla game's Supply Line feature. You might have used a mod to get rid of the Local Leader perk requirement for that, or one like IDEK's Logistics Station to enable more complete inventory sharing, instead of only making junk available for crafting.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Mygna posted:

That sounds like you just mean the vanilla game's Supply Line feature. You might have used a mod to get rid of the Local Leader perk requirement for that, or one like IDEK's Logistics Station to enable more complete inventory sharing, instead of only making junk available for crafting.

Hmm, maybe? I could swear I've never touched the Supply Lines feature and just had something that linked all settlement inventories together like the Item Boxes in Resident Evil. Maybe I just completely made it up in my head? Thanks anyway. :)

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

cheesetriangles posted:

It's not dead, in fact activity is ramping up now that the team has adjusted to Covid. Like others just said they released a big update a few days ago and before that the updates weren't any more infrequent than say openmw

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb
Does anyone know of a working autoloot mod? The one on the nexus has been deleted.

I also have the problem that alt-tabbing breaks the game's menus - afterwards they are displayed larger and off-center, and selecting stuff no longer works. Any solution for that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Pope Guilty posted:

I could swear I used to have a Fallout 4 mod that merged all your settlements' inventories so you could craft in any of them using the materials from any/all of them, eliminating the need to, for example, zip around from place to place trying to figure out which one you left those oil cans in. I can't seem to find it, though. Anybody know what I'm talking about?

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/41511

This might be what you mean. I use it and it's a lifesaver.