Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
My Sim Settlements menu is only giving me interior plots for Recreation and Martial stuff, is that normal? I get the impression it isn't but no amount of sorting mod orders or reinstalling things seems to be fixing it. :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

You don't.... have to?

Post your load order and make sure IR, SS, and ROTC are all updated to their latest versions.

Actually, not using RotC right now because I was worried about bugs in a new release. :v:

0 0 Fallout4.esm
1 1 DLCRobot.esm
2 2 DLCworkshop01.esm
3 3 DLCCoast.esm
4 4 DLCworkshop02.esm
5 5 DLCworkshop03.esm
6 6 DLCNukaWorld.esm
7 7 Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp
8 8 ArmorKeywords.esm
9 9 XDI.esm
10 a HUDFramework.esm
11 b NAC.esm
12 c SimSettlements.esm
13 d Quieter Settlements - Recommended Settings.esp
14 e NoVanillaRadiantDLCLocations.esp
15 f LeverActionReloadOverhaul.esp
16 10 th1nkEyebot.esp
17 11 th1nkEyeBot-FarHarbor.esp
18 12 th1nkEyeBot-NukaWorld.esp
19 13 th1nkEyeBot-DLC03DLC04Addon.esp
20 14 CompanionsGoHome_A.esp
21 15 Craftable Armor Size.esp
22 16 Craftable Armor Size - Fix Material Requirements.esp
23 17 BrighterSettlementLights_LongAndSoft.esp
24 18 DD_Khassar_De_Templari_Increased_build.esp
25 19 ManufacturingExtendedFH.esp
26 1a DLC items to manufacturing.esp
27 1b ManufacturingExtended.esp
28 1c Vivid Fallout - All in One - Best Choice.esp
29 1d CompanionStatus.esp
30 1e Easier Hacking - 1 Word.esp
31 1f Easy Lockpick.esp
32 20 Faster Terminal Displays (20x).esp
33 21 SkipHSH1_6.esp
34 22 QuickTrade.esp
35 23 NPCGreetingTweak90.esp
36 24 NAI.esp
37 25 ImmersiveGenericDialogues.esp
38 26 LongRangeBulletHoles.esp
39 27 ShellRain.esp
40 28 PD_VisualReload.esp
41 29 GKX Worthwhile Caps Stashes.esp
42 2a Nuka-Cola Flavors for the Commonwealth.esp
43 2b RAW INPUT.esp
44 2c SafeTrunkContentsReworked.esp
45 2d SettlementMenuManager.esp
46 2e ValdacilsItemSorting-00-ValsPicks-DLCVersion.esp
47 2f MK_ComponentsRedone_VIS.esp
48 30 dD-Enhanced Blood.esp
49 31 dD - Limited Blood Decals.esp
50 32 dD - Small Splatter Size.esp
51 33 FlaconOil HD ReTexture_Performance Pack_Part_1.esp
52 34 X01Light.esp
53 35 ModdableRobotSettlers.esp
54 36 TinaDeLucaSettlerVoiced.esp
55 37 Crimsomrider's DLC Ammo.esp
56 38 AllSetsExtended.esp
57 39 Mechanist Lair Overhaul.esp
58 3a FortHagenSataliteArrayOverhaul-Automatron.esp
59 3b The Castle.esp
60 3c nvvault1080.esp
61 3d HAIA With Crafting.esp
62 3e Armorsmith Extended.esp
63 3f Crimsomrider's Transparent Cleanroom Suit.esp
64 40 NAC-AE Patch.esp
65 41 EAMR.esp
66 42 MoreAGOMBz.esp
67 43 MoreAGOMBz_CP_ASE.esp
68 44 ClassicShacks.esp
69 45 Altairp's Animal Farm.esp
70 46 Better Settlement Defence.esp
71 47 PCDugBuildAWall.esp
72 48 Settler Sandbox Overhaul.esp
73 49 SkjAlert_All_DLC.esp
74 4a SimSettlements_XPAC_IndustrialRevolution.esp
75 4b SimSettlements_AddOnPack_Foundations_JtBryant.esp
76 4c PCDugWedges.esp
77 4d UncappedSettlementSurplus.esp
78 4e ValdacilsItemSorting-ArmorBySlot.esp
79 4f ValdacilsItemSorting-Weapons.esp
80 50 Radrose Usability Enhancements.esp
81 51 Armorsmith All DLCs Patch.esp
82 52 AWKCR - Color Swap Mod Slot Hider.esp
83 53 FlaconOil HD ReTexture_Performance Pack_Part_2.esp
84 54 Fat Man Weapon Rework - Nuka World and Far Harbor - Mav's Marvelous Mods.esp
85 55 Publick Occurrences Expanded.esp
86 56 DV-Durable Vertibirds.esp
87 57 contraptionslights.esp
88 58 BetterAutomatronWeapons.esp
89 59 Broadsider Weapon Rework - Mav's Marvelous Mods.esp
90 5a Cyrolator Weapon Rework - Mav's Marvelous Mods.esp
91 5b Fat Man Weapon Rework - Mav's Marvelous Mods.esp
92 5c GatlingLaserAmmoFix.esp
93 5d NuclearPhysicistFix.esp
94 5e Laser Musket Mods.esp
95 5f Missile Launcher Weapon Rework - Mav's Marvelous Mods.esp
96 60 Minigun Weapon Rework - Mav's Marvelous Mods.esp
97 61 Railway Rifle Weapon Rework - Mav's Marvelous Mods.esp
98 62 Yona_Weapon_DefenseGun.esp
99 63 NAC-FarHarbor.esp
100 64 NAC-NukaWorld.esp
101 65 Radrose Usability - Workbench Perk Requirements + Armorsmith.esp
102 66 Radrose - Valdacil Patch - Armorsmith Extended.esp
103 67 Radrose - Valdacil Patch - CompanionsGoHome_A.esp
104 68 Radrose - Valdacil Patch - Craftable Armor Size.esp
105 69 Radrose - Valdacil Patch - nvault1080.esp
106 6a Radrose - Valdacil Patch - Publick Occurrences Expanded.esp
107 6b Radrose - Valdacil Patch - SimSettlements.esp
108 6c CheatTerminal.esp
109 6d UsefulCrank.esp
110 6e UsefulCrank_LMO.esp
111 6f No Fusion Core Drain.esp
112 70 NoNegativeAffinity.esp
113 71 HalfAffinityCooldown.esp
114 72 NoNegativeAffinitySeason.esp
115 73 StartMeUp.esp
116 74 StartMeUpNukaWorldPatch.esp
117 75 StartMeUpFarHarborPatch.esp
118 76 StartMeUp VIS.esp

Bolded the Sim Settlements related stuff. It's mostly just LOOT defined load order, but swapping stuff around didn't seem to help much. I tried putting all the SS stuff at the bottom with no go, for example.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

I would suggest trying installing Settlement Menu Manager because that's supported by SS and is designed to overcome issues with lots of things adding to the menu. It should give you a new SS menu at the end of the root menu with all the gear in it.

45 2d SettlementMenuManager.esp :v:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

Must have missed that then.

Is it not showing up in either menu?

E: can't you just pick up another companion and then just tab/esc out of the "send previous companion to...:" screen and it sends them back to their home location?

Yeah. Like, Res/Agr/Ind/Com plots are all normal and pop into a submenu with the basic plot, concrete, wood, interior, but Rec and Martial plots only have the interior 1x1 plot option.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

Did you definitely update industrial revolution as well? I know it didn't actually update but cos they rolled the plots from it into the basic SS, it seems to have some weird conflicts with older versions regarding martial/recreational plots.

Yep. 3.0.0.

My save was only a few hours in so at this point I'm just saying loving it and nuking the entire install. :sigh:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Whatever was causing it is fixed after a total flatten, so welp.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Pound_Coin posted:

Is Natural and atmospheric commonwealth outdated? it crashes after a few minute every time even when running with no other mods

It's running fine for me, but I haven't seen a ton of the weather effects yet so maybe a specific one is crashing and you just had the bad luck to draw it?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

What are some decent lore friendly gun mods that don't have clipping or animation issues? Most of the high endorsed stuff on Nexus seems to be high speed low drag tacticool ARs and the like. :negative:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

The_White_Crane posted:

Depends on exactly how anal you are about "lore friendly".
The Wattz Laser Gun: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/26386
The Fallout 3 DKS-501 Sniper Rifle: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15909
"That Gun": https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10669
The Fallout 3 R91 Assault Rifle: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/27101
12.7 mm Pistol: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/23434
FNV Assault Carbine/Service Rifle: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24069

And less lore friendly, but high quality and still aesthetically fitting:
A bullpup Bozar variant: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/28478
A cool revolver rifle: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17170
A weapons pack by asXas: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/26076 (Contains a "Crude Blowback" and "Handmade Revolver" based on concept art for FO4, a Varmint Rifle, an M1 Garand, and a Russian SKS rifle. You can get them all individually if you only want the most lore-friendly stuff though.)

I mostly mean fitting with the aesthetic of the game as it is, which means not a ton of matte black tactical elite assault rifles and poo poo mostly. Thanks for the list. :toot:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Lum_ posted:

Your F4SE may also not be working because Bethesda patched Fallout 4 yesterday to push out more Creation Club stuff, which breaks F4SE and will thus break any mod depending on it

If that's the case this will fix: https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/7sobus/psa_you_can_download_this_mod_to_autobackup_your/

How long does it usually take the F4SE people to release a new one anyway?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Holy gently caress the unique in the new creation club poo poo is stupid humongous, and despite being patterned after the colt 6520 it's still a semiauto magazine feed BETHESDA

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Glazius posted:

So the thread-pooling options in Sim Settlements are paying amazing dividends in game stability. Instead of just trying to update 50 plots I haven't seen in a while and crashing the game unless I pull up short of the render radius for a few rounds of Red Menace, I can set it up to do 4 or 5 at a time.

Do I get to those from the Holotape settings or such?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Sim Settlements by default also only allows 2 unemployed folk before recruitment stops, so make sure you have enough non-housing plots for folks to go work in, maybe?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

SeanBeansShako posted:

I don't mind the pop culture references but some of the just naked straight from real life post cold war guns in fallout 2 were a mistake...

i didn't mind the g11 but that was a wacky spacegun irl too

basically if it's got picatinny rails and an acog with a high speed low drag front vertical grip it doesn't belong in MY FALLOUT

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

i always tilted my head a bit at the fatman being a pneumatic launcher system instead of a davy crocket sorta thing

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Yeah the OG P90 is just fine imo, it's a wacky plastic spacegun like the G11.

Basically if it has rails on it or anything more advanced than maybe a big laser sight or very basic holo sight (like the reflex sights in 4 basic) then I get salty :goonsay:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Are there any decent mods to rebalance laser weapons so they're not garbage past early game? :nyoron:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I'll give Equilibrium a go. It'll likely conflicted with Mav's Marvelous [X] mods though, right? Would a merged patch be able to sort that sort of poo poo out?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

And yet the bartender in Bunker Hill talks about how Minutemen 'at the end' were able to be taken down by raiders, the minutemen in question having his grandfather in them :wtc:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

khy posted:

I'm seriously conflicted about Dogmeat's AI. The part where he always runs ahead of you trying to figure out where you're going feels pretty true to many dogs I've known in reality, but at the same time it's a video game and having a companion running ahead triggering mines and traps isn't good video game companion behavior. It's bad enough when a companion goes into combat mode and stops following me only to walk DIRECTLY INTO MY LINE OF FIRE ADA GODDAMNIT GET OUT OF THE WAY.

I'm replacing her drat Assaultron head with a Sentry Bot one soon.

Just make Ada a full on Mr Handy with gatling lasers or miniguns, she's ridiculously accurate and melts poo poo. Plus the Hydralic armor for the handy looks sick as hell.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I'm tired of my robot buddies dying when the hordes from More Attackers invade. What's the best mod to use to set them to be the same as other settlers, where they just sit around until poo poo's dead if they hit 0 then revive? Also what's the best mod to do that to other important NPCs like provisioners/the wandering traders/anyone who might die randomly where it'd be annoying or upsetting

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

That's irritating as hell, drat. Thank you for the help though.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Easier than making them companions at least, thanks.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Does anyone have any experience editing models? There's a nice mod that reduces the default 10mm pistol's size by 20% and makes it way more reasonable, and I was hoping for some pointers on maybe doing something similar for the Classic 10mm from the creation club. I like how it looks and it's better as a single shot 10mm so I wanna use it, but it's too goddamn huge. :v:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I always have a snort laugh when I weapon bash someone and their head falls off like a crash test dummy

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I found a couple alternate start mods (Another Life, Start Me Up) and I'm not sure which is best. Another Life is older by over a year. Is there a consensus on any alternate start mods?

I use Start Me Up, since the author's still working on it and it does a solid job. I've found a few edge cases, like Jack Cabot still having his line about you recently coming out of cryosleep, but overall it seems the most stable and well put together of them. Now and then Vault 111's doors bug out and I can't get in to find the holotape and start the main quest but nothing a little tcl in the console doesn't fix.

Also I chuckle whenever I get one of the more obviously stitched together lines, like telling Piper you're not a Vault Dweller.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

quote:

Sturges - A true industrialist, he can guide a settlement's factories and workbenches to success. Strange, he doesn't seem to have any downsides...

Sturges confirmed for synth? Remember to like and subscribe youtubers.

For real though this is neat, I haven't bothered with the ROTC city stuff because I didn't like the idea of tying down companions to settlements.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Oh, what sorts of downsides can happen? I wasn't even aware kingath had that system functional for settlement managers yet.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Very Well-Done Gun

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

How would I go about removing the irritating shading that eyewear causes in NAC? I like the mod otherwise, because I can't wear my beloved welding goggles and look like a very low budget steampunk cosplayer.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Gonkish posted:

The mod comes with a configuration holotape. There's an option under, if memory serves, "miscellaneous options" that allows you to change that. You can disable it outright (which is what I do) or limit it to first person only, as well.

Oh poo poo, I had no idea it was available in the options. You're a lifesaver.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

turn off the TV posted:

When I was messing around with the CK I was able to get a combat style set up for NPCs where they just flat out ignore cover and do nothing but shoot at you and walk directly towards you.

So you turned it back into FO3 and NV? :v:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

A low-impact green wasteland mod just went up on the nexus. I've wanted one of these for a while but couldn't reasonably run the big ones already there other than just the one that adds grass. :toot: So far other than constantly mistaking the ferns it adds for hubflowers that I can't harvest it's pretty awesome.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

There should be a mod to turn Sturges into a companion proper like the Sunny Smiles one for NV.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I gotta say, running into my plodding robot provisioners and their steadfast brahmin packmules as I run around is pretty charming. It's also hilarious when I'm fighting raiders or some poo poo and suddenly there's a massive storm of gatling laser fire and cluster bombs exploding like WW4 just started because one of them happened to be nearby.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anyone with experience using the CK, how rough would it be to do something like scale down the sentry legs so they can actually be used if you plan on ever going anywhere not a flat plain? I love the way they look but they're just way too unwieldy. I'm worried it'll be something super hard to do since the legs on automatrons seem to apply a scaling effect to the rest of the parts.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Well I mean, would it be as easy as 'open nifskope, scale 60%, save' to make it work properly in game? Or would I need to do animation edits and poo poo too?

edit: Further question regarding Automatron, anyone have any idea what could be causing this to happen whenever I load a save? It's like a bunch of the armor and weapon particle effects are mistakenly applied even they wouldn't be on those parts, dozens of times over until my framerate drops to poo poo. If I edit the robot at all in a workbench it fixes all of it, but it comes back if I load a save again :wtc: The only mods I have directly touching automatron visual stuff are Automatron Cryo Flamer Nozzle Begone (which is just a swap to change the cryo and flamer nozzles to protectron hands for armor use and because the nozzles are ugly as poo poo), and Less Annoying Voltaic Armor (which just removes the sparking effect on the voltaic armors), neither of which I think would cause this.

Kitfox88 fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Feb 23, 2018

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfK4kgvqPP4

god bless this great nation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

It's been a few months since the OP stuff was last updated, any major changes to watch out for?