Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

So I'm running into the problem of like half my mods just not working even after being installed correctly. Anything involving power armor, like fusion core drain and the fast enter/exit animations, and the settlement workshop crap, like homemaker and scrap everything. Have these mods just not been updated for the latest patch or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

SeanBeansShako posted:

Do you use NMM? sometimes it half asses when auto extracting the stuff. If you do look the files over and maybe try installing them manually?

Mod Organizer, and after having problems with that I did everything manually. Used Loot to check my load order. At this point I'm just gonna do a clean reinstall. Too much isn't working and I'm not too far into this playthrough.

Roadie posted:

There is literally no reason to use NMM anymore now that the latest releases of MO and LOOT work with F4 pretty well.

Loot works fine, but MO either won't start fallout or it'll crash right away.

Brainamp fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jul 21, 2016

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Sintax posted:

Or MO sounds kinda messed up

So yeah, MO turned out to be the problem. A clean reinstall and using NMM this time had everything work just fine. MO seemed to really not like extracting stuff from the archives.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Nitis posted:

I don't think I'm understanding something here.

I've installed Mod Organizer, and tried to associate to FO4, but when I navigate to the folder where the application is, MO doesn't find it.

Am I missing a step here?

You're not navigating to the exe itself, just to the folder it's located in. Like assuming you installed it through steam.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\fallout4

that's where you want to navigate to.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Is there a mod that replaces DR with DT?

Brainamp fucked around with this message at 23:11 on May 21, 2018