Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Did this last update mess up something huge? Because I seem to need to deactivate all my mods in the Nexus Mod Manager and then reinstall them after launching the game without them to get them to work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

MikeJF posted:

The update automatically changes all of your load order to alphabetical, apparently, which'll probably break your saves until you restore it to what it was.

Every time I restart my computer? God I hope they fix this soon.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Can I get some help identifying a crash? Whenever I fast travel to Sunshine Tidings co-op the game crashes on the load screen and I'm not sure why. I have the crash log if that helps and my load order.

https://pastebin.com/hENgtDAd
https://pastebin.com/3pXVzV9d

Really hoping it isn't a Sim Settlements thing.

Edit
Update - Fast traveling to a nearby area and walking there works though. Seems to be specifically fast traveling to the co-op? That is weird.

Fantastic Alice fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jan 16, 2018

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

Something broke tenpines bluff for me as well, though I'm on vr so that might be part of it. Can't even walk to it though, the cell itself crashes the game

Walking there seems to have fixed it for me, no idea how.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Any of the Sim Settlements add-ons people here recommend? Making a nice looking town that runs itself to an extent is pretty nice.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

AkumaHokoru posted:

if you want it to be nice looking you definitely want the most recent one. just download what you need (you need all 3(?))

I meant besides the 2 expansions to it, sorry. Curious if any add in some neat stuff.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

AkumaHokoru posted:

oh for that you can download mods to make civilians wear any outfit randomly from whatever outfits you download. there's a lot of mods to give random people different/random stuff making it more like people finding stuff to wear than everyone wearing the same generic outfits but I am thr wrong person to ask about these since I came here to see if someone could help me get those running lol

Sounds perfect, what's it called?

toasterwarrior posted:

I use these:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/23421/ - Animal farms, so you can have more than just plants to feed your dudes. Some of the resulting products are kinda overpowered though, particularly if you're playing Horizon.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/23125/ - Industrial plots that can fulfill power and defense needs. I particularly like the barracks chain; more faction dudes hanging around makes settlements feel a bit more alive.

Will look at these when I get home, thank you!

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Glazius posted:

And maybe turn up the number? If Preston, Codsworth, and Mama Murphy aren't doing anything...

You can assign them to some stuff though?

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

So how's the Sim Settlements/Horizon patch? Love Sim Settlements and am curious if its an ok thing to keep in the firs time I do Horizon. Also, anyone got advice on starting in Horizon?

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

So my girlfriend and I were talking and we're unhappy with the lack of women for companions. Are any of the mod ones good?

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

marshmallow creep posted:

I like Ellen and Heather. They are pretty good companions, especially as fan productions.

There are some much lower effort ones if you simply need more. Molly the cheerleader is almost deliberately bad but she gives you a perk that triples all xp rewards if that is your thing. And there is Eppie the South African photographer which is...uh, sure, I guess?

My personal favorite, however, is the Nora Spouse mod, so you and your wife can adventure together. It makes meeting Father much better when you do it as a couple.

See, this implies I'd ever play as a guy :P

Thank you for the suggestions.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Max Wilco posted:

I also recall TrainWiz did a theme-park style mod that's supposed to be pretty good.

Can confirm, Maxwell's World is cool and good.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Does the unofficial patch fix that quarry looking hosed every time you start a new game?

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Nalesh posted:

Sim Settlements has that.

To be more specific, it has both premade buildings and settlement plans you can implement with one if it's expansions. Just plop down a city planners desk and assign a plan and leader.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

E-Tank posted:

I thought I heard somewhere that NMM got axed for some new hotness.

NMM did I think, but the Nexus website is still up and where mods can be downloaded. If you need a mod manager I recommend Mod Organizer 2. It is a lot less complicated then it can seem. I'd be down to answer questions you have if you wanted. Can work on a list of bread and butter mods once I've gotten my morning coffee.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14141
Also found a mauser.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

So, for mods you'll want as a base the the Unofficial Patch, Faster Workshop, and maybe the Achievements mod if you care about getting achievements on Steam.

Sounds like you want to mod the hell out of weapons, so I'll look into weapons first. If you don't want to worry about making a bashed patch to handle merging leveled lists you'll want to stick to one mod that adds new weapons for enemies, so the most bang for your buck if not exactly lore friendly would be Weaponsmith Extended. You'd just make sure to install the frameworks it lists and the weapons it says to download before installing it.

For stuff to recommend besides weapons, Sim Settlements. You want a better settlement system where they build on their own a bit or at least need less fiddling? Sim Settlements. You place down plots for specific kinds of buildings and settlers will build on them. Need another bed? Make a residential plot.

Start Me Up so you don't need to go through the intro again. In addition to alternate start options it also lets you skip straight to getting out of the cryo pod after character customization.

Just focusing on general stuff, if you have ideas for what you'd want to fix up specifically I can list more.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

I am happy I'm on my phone and don't want to bother logging into Nexus to see that. Jesus Christ, just bring back the Oblivion torso swords and tentacles please, it was less weird.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Zereth posted:

Oh those guys. I mean, at least there the motivation is "Tenpenny is mad at you and hired some guys". The Gunner motivation is to stand around and do nothing.

Haha no, they get hired to kill you if you have positive karma also. Someone wants you dead because you gave water to some beggars. Its even stupider because they come after you even if you never did the thing that gives a solid motivation because gently caress anyone who is a good person.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Don't worry there is also a faction that does the exact same thing if you have enough negative karma, because I guess they wanted to be very sure the player's experience was not qualitatively different in any way depending on the choice they've made.

That actually makes sense though. No poo poo people want you dead if you've been acting like a douchebag thieving murderer.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Friend recently went looking at modlists for fallout4, is there a wabbajack pack that is rated higher then the rest? believe he tried to download either magnus or enhanced edition and it failed to install on the final mod.

I could help trouble shoot that for him if he wanted or he join Lively's discord for support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

dragonshardz posted:

What little MO does install into the game directory - F4SE and the like - is required across most modern modlists for the game, so the distinction you're drawing is almost meaningless. MO leaves the vanilla game executables and data completely unmodified, without needing to make an entirely separate copy of the game.

In fact, I think the "Stock Game" feature is the less-efficient method.

The point is not needing to swap ENBs around yourself and in the case of some Skyrim lists not need to get the downgrader.