Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
What happened to Millenia? I thought he was going to port his guns to Fallout 4, but so far there was only the shotgun and combat rifle retextures and then he dropped off the face of the earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So my New Vegas modding finally collapse into itself and my saves are hosed, so I am reluctantly coming back to FO4. Now, what is the current preferred method of modding? What stuff should I be looking for as quality of life/performance improvements? Finally, what mods are there that require the DLC, of which I have none, because gently caress paying twenty five dollars for Far Harbour or thirty five for Nuka World.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

FlyinPingu posted:

nuka world is $20 not $35

$30 actually. I'm stuck with Canadian funny money.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm trying to run F4SE through Mod Organizer 2, but every time I try to load it, a window pops up saying a component of the script extender isn't working, and then I get a black screen fuckup.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Is there a mod that prevents dungeons from respawning enemies after a I've cleared the place out? I'm a perfectionist, and I don't like wandering down the same street only to see that places I've massacred suddenly have new tenants.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
What's the consensus on the Perk Paths mod in the OP? Is it any good?

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Sep 22, 2016

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
How difficult would it be to make a merchant in F4Edit for a guy with no modding skills?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Oh hell naw.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Is there a mod that let's me scrap folders? Bethesda why the hell are folders listed as misc items and nor junk items?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

SeanBeansShako posted:

They are fetch quest item for a radiant BOS quest.

I thought those were technical documents that only appear in the world after speaking to the head scribe, not folders.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Someone should make a mod for Mama Murphy's chair to make it like the concept art tank chair.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
There is always a chance obsidian will get another go at fallout. Bethesda has spent the last few years branching out into other franchises contracted out to other developers, and I've always felt they've treated fallout as secondary to their elder scrolls games. I mean, zenimax developed ESO notwithstanding, they'll never let another dev touch their main elder scrolls series, but they were willing to farm out new Vegas to obsidian to do as they pleased. And obsidian has been on a huge rebound lately. There is still hope.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Obsidian is like a nuclear cockroach due to their business style. They aren't owned by a publisher and do freelance work getting paid up front. This let's them survive even if a game they make tanks. Not being bound by publishers is their big strength, so Bethesda or EA could always contract them out again to make new games.
(Though not likely EA, as the only star wars game they seem to want to make is battlefront)

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
They should just hard cap your health and enemies health, turn Dr back into dt and call the game new vegas

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Is he still filling his interiors with a billion pieces of junk?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I have a very niche mod request. Does anyone know if there are some mods that try to clean up the outfits in the game? Like, abraxo washed and all the torn hems sewn back? There are some outfits like the Ratty Dress that look great but also tattered, and I'd like to see some non tattered versions.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Whenever I crouch, I'm getting what looks like polygons from my character's face clipping on the side of the screens. Should I bump my FOV down or up?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Are there any radio mods that add more boston/Irish flavored music to the game?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So what should I be doing if a weapon mod isn't working? I've checked F04 Edit and the R-91 Assault Rifle mod is overwriting the M14 rifle mod in the leveled lists, meaning I only see one or the other depending on the ESP priority. Also, there are other weapons that don't even have leveled lists and so only spawn via console. How would I go about getting them added to the lists?

Finally, is there a mod that makes companions stick closer to me? Half the time during dialogue or just wandering around, they will run off or do poo poo without me telling them to, and they always end up needing to run halfway across the map to keep up with me.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Oct 20, 2016

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Midnight Voyager posted:

Unless they are added via scripting, leveled lists override each other. The R91 might be overriding the other two? Check out the leveled lists in FO4Edit and see if that's the case.

I did that and it is the case. The M2216 doesn't even have a leveled list, its apparently a console spawn only. How would I add the M-14 and the R-91 so they both show up instead of one or the other?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So I've been holding off on getting the DLC until a sale comes. So far as the crafting DLCs go, what mods should I get on top of Wasteland WOrkshop? I don't want to get a mod if the same features are implemented in the DLC.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Vegas has the 2-Step Goodbye, a shotgun fist.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Is there a mod which makes some of the first person weapon models slimmer?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

dont be mean to me posted:

Why would GUN result in good mods?

Or, at least, why would GUN result in the proliferation of good mods?

Because they can hide behind their asinine brownie points system at GUN so they can hoard all their ported content mods letting them think they have any real power, thereby taking mod drama with them.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Shbobdb posted:

The Fallout:NV anti-crash beta isn't fixing my Win 10 crash issues. Any other suggestions?

Have you put any other mods on it?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Unoctium has finally finished it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Lurdiak posted:

How does that mod handle perks? New Vegas' difficulty curve is pretty clearly designed around only giving you so many of them, while Fallout 3 (and 4) just hand them out every single time you level up.

I'm pretty sure it's compatible with Project Nevada, which has a built in feature to let you change when you earn perks and how fast you gain experience.

I go with one perk each level, but I balance it out by halving experience gain and making headshots extremely lethal.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

SeanBeansShako posted:

I'm considering at some point going back, this time learning to bolt and tweak mods together.

Do take breaks playing it with other games, or you will burn out. My only issue when I tried it was for some reason the Super Mutants in the Capital Wasteland were god awful bullet sponges not just the high tier ones.

That's what happens when DC mutants get west coast mutants' high DT.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
drat it the gnomes from New Vegas Interiors were annoying enough.
I prefer my collectibles to be of the shooting, exploding, punching variety.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I wouldn't put it past most people being able to use them, and the requirements being what they are to account for poor engine optimization.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Coughing Hobo posted:

Fidelity means nothing when the style is so bland.

This. Upscaling the textures can't fix the base meshes or the lighting issues. You'd need to completely redesign them ala Skyrim's Static Mesh Improvement Mod to notice a major visual change.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

turn off the TV posted:

If anyone is still on the fence about the texture DLC, someone on Reddit had a look at it and a total of 5% of the textures included are 4k, and it has thousands of duplicate files. So uh, yeah.

Bethesda.txt
:effort:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Considering the majority of the US military is and was stationed on the west coast I find it hard to believe that the east coast got nuked harder. Los Angeles is called the Boneyard for a reason.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
In a war with China, yes, I can see far more military on the west coast

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Think Thin! posted:

^^
This
not sure what kind of crazy-pills revisionist fuckworld the last page was inhabiting

Yeah. Nowadays you find a lot more people discussing New Vegas than Fallout 3 anyways. It sold fine, and lots of people like it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The Morita battle rifle has excellent custom animations. I'm from Buenos Aires and I say kill'em all!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

SeanBeansShako posted:

We got three different Wattz rifles but barely any of the melee weapons from the earlier games have been done sadly.

Still waiting on a ballistic fist. And on Millennia to do anything, really.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I actually quite like the ghoul design in 4 for the sentient ones. the feral ones look like crap though

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Are there any mods that make weapon modding more in depth than "upgrade to Advanced receivers"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So how long are we going to wait before turn off the TV releases his version of Fallout 4 rebuilt from the ground up?