Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Saint Sputnik posted:

OK, cool. Without looking, I assumed a lot of patches went the long and hard way, of adding the item IDs themselves or something all to the same file. I was dreading that.

The issue I'm having now in my testing is Gunners and raiders spawning in just underwear and over-armor, with the new outfits in their inventory but not equipped. I changed the body part flags so the outfits should function as underarmor but it's still not happening.

Before doing something heavy like that, I read you're supposed to put yourself in an NPC-less cell (like the bomb shelter in Sanctuary) and then load your mod, followed by sleeping for a few days (5 days? 7 days? I'm not entirely sure) before mods like that can kick in with NPC armor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

I think Armorsmith Extended also has a jetpack, because I've been using it and breaking my legs every 20 minutes for the past week or two. Love it

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

So some new Wastelands Contraption DLC is being mentioned on Reddit, anyone have any news?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

EDIT: I give up, nifskope too confusing. Someone make a mod that adds snap nodes to the Magazine Shelf so it can stack perfectly against other Magazine Shelves. If you make this super simple mod it'll be popular. Thanks in advance.

Otacon fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Jun 15, 2016

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Seashell Salesman posted:

Has anyone tried raising the settler population limit and making really populous settlements? Does this totally break the game (not balance-wise)?

I got 36 settlers in my giant Starlight Drive In before the delay after assigning a settler to a new object made me want to kill myself - upwards of 5 minutes real time before the settler would start guarding or pickin' tato's. On top of this, whenever I'd fast travel to the settlement, there'd be 30+ settlers all standing around the exact same point milling around trying to find a path out of the mob. Also, settlers tend to use the closest stairways from Point A to Point B, which meant that even with 4 stairways spread out, they'd all try using the same stairs at the same time and traffic jam everyone else up.

Other than all of that, it worked perfectly.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

So last week I finally installed that True Storms mod from the OP, and I just experienced my first loving sandstorm and holy poo poo this is completely not what I was expecting.

All I can do is wander around bumping into poo poo trying to find a place to take shelter so I can let it pass. How long do these things last for, anyway?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

What exactly does Weaponsmith Extended do? Last time I went to the mod page it was a ton of videos about how's awesome it was with no description

adds a bunch of weapons with a complete leveled list as well as an ammo reloading/creation bench

SpookyLizard posted:

Trainwiz's new quest mod is really great and you should download it already if you haven't already.

Inzombiac posted:

Don't link it or anything.

Unique Uniques http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15139/

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Found a bug with Scrap Everything with Automatron installed, and reported it through Nexus.

Place: Robco Sales and Service Center with Automatron DLC installed, on the final quest of the DLC. Literally as soon as you enter the basement.
Issue: The big huge locked vault doors have disappeared, as well as other textures, including some floors/walls. FPS lag spikes are terrible.
Pictures:
How it looks normally:

How it looks with Scrap Everything installed:

Anyone have any ideas about how to fix this? I really love Scrap Everything and I'm hoping there's a quick turnaround for the bugfix. There's also other textures (certain floors in General Atomics, certain walls in the Fort Hagen Satellite Array dungeon) that are invisible as well.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

The author of Scrap Everything responded to my bug report - "The FPS issue is known and looks like it'll force us to remove Automatron support entirely. Those aren't missing textures, those are meshes not rendering."

I reinstalled Scrap Everything through NMM, and disabled Automatron support which removes the Scrap Everything - Automatron ESP, and guess what, the meshes are now rendering. So, if you want to keep ScrapEverything for the other 35+ settlements, but not experience severe lag and be able to complete the Mechanist DLC without issues, just disable Automatron support through Scrap Everything, or remove "Scrap Everything - Automatron.esp" from /data/. This will only prevent you from using Scrap Everything inside Mechanists Lair, a place that's actually pretty clean already.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Open up console with the ~ key, type
code:
help "rule breaker" 0
it'll return a holotape with an ID, something like 01234567

after that, type
code:
player.additem <id from above>
this is of course if the actual holotape is actually named something-something rule breaker

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

EDIT Found it!

Otacon fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Jun 21, 2016

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

So the new weapon racks are.... strange.

The Cryolator won't fit on any of the racks, and I needed to place it in its own glass display case instead of using the heavy weapon frame or the nice wall mounted options Beth gave us.

Okay, so they missed a rare weapon you can get 15 feet from where you start the game, okay, I can sort of understand.

But why the gently caress can't I mount any .44 revolvers?! I can fit a loving assault rifle with a huge fuckoff scope on the medium pegboards, but my dinky little .44s won't fit anywhere! OUTRAGED

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Seashell Salesman posted:

Interestingly the Cryolator is one of the few (only?) weapons in the game that has its own custom display case object.

You mean the one in Vault 111, not something I'm missing in my display case menu in settlement build mode?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

7seven7 posted:

What mod are those posters from? They look really good.

Business Settlements http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/6226/

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

:aaaaa:

Link to the creator: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/users/1573725/?tb=images&pUp=1
Apparently he gets less than 10 fps with a 980 TI.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

So with the new Power Armor displays, I ended up starting over and made a museum. I struggled with that drat 4-floor elevator for about two hours before I finally figured out how to work with it - when Bethesda fixes their poo poo and lets it snap, I'll add a second elevator on the other side and respace out the racks.

No, this isn't legit. I don't think there's this many suits of T-51 in the game.

Every single stock Power Armor paintjob, including all seven BoS variants.

Raider (and Raider Overhauls) on the ground floor, T-45 on the first floor, T-51 on the second floor, T-60 on the third, and X-01 on the fourth.

Now to figure out how to add a second and a third wing to my museum for weapons and clothing.

The Sims: Commonwealth Edition

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

gasman posted:

Yea, but why aren't the armors arranged perfectly symmetric?

it was a first draft and the first time i actually looked at it from outside

wtb invisible floors

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

CommissarMega posted:

Reposting from page 12, 'cos I really like the look of the mod:

Should I just store my PA at places unaffected by the mod to escape the mod?

I run that mod. I haven't stored _anything_ at any of his recreated houses. The mod page does list a mod that supposedly fixes the issue by recreating every container in every settlement, but I've not bothered to try it.

Solid Poopsnake posted:

So did Contraptions break any mods? I have a lot of mods.

Not that I can see, and I too run quite a bunch of mods. Wasteland Workshop added a new category to the main settlement menu (Cages) which affected things like Home Maker, Expanded Settlements, OCDecorator, but Contraptions only adds submenus. Overall, I don't think there were any conflicts for me.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Oh, I actually use Buildable Power Armor Frames and scrap/remake all my frames.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/6698/

Also there's an optional setting to allow you to craft them from scrap

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Falcon2001 posted:

What's the best way to move a shitton of stuff from one settlement to another? Is there a linked inventory or something?

I know this one!

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10967/ Basement Living

This mod gives you nine hatches you can build at any settlement which leads to its own special cell - each basement cell is linked to your parent settlements workbench.

You can only have ONE of each specific basement, and if you rebuild the hatch, the entire basement you've built will move instantly from one settlement to another.

So what I'd do is install this mod, go to Settlement A, build a hatch (Storage Warehouse is the largest one, I think?) and go inside. Create a container, and move everything from your workbench inside the container. Once you've deposited everything, exit your basement, head over to Settlement B, and build the same basement - the hatch will remove itself from Settlement A, and recreate itself in Settlement B, effectively moving everything from one settlement to another instantly.

I moved 15 power armor frames, which, while tedious, was nothing compared to what the game would have had me do without mods.

Plus, you can totally deck out a really decent basement to escape those rad storms or pesky settlers.

Otacon fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Jun 24, 2016

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

gasman posted:

Yea, but why aren't the armors arranged perfectly symmetric?

And here's the best I could do.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Apoplexy posted:

As someone who knows nothing about the settlement system in this game yet, which mods should I get? Settlement Keywords Expanded? Better Settlers? Don't Call Me Settler? Settler Management Software? HELP!

BetterSettlers is great, it varies the look of settlers that come in, their clothing, their faces, their hair, etc.
Don't Call Me Settler changes their names and lets you differentiate them a little easier - very useful for 20+ settlers, as well as for identifying who is a farmer, who is on caravan duty (also useful in telling you their route, shows up as Sanctuary->Red Rocket for example)
Settler Management Software gives you some great prompts, telling you when a settler has arrived at any of your settlements, letting you know if you lack beds or water, and giving you options to burn all corpses as well as making unassigned settlers run towards you when you want.

I happen to use all three.

I don't use SKE as none of the mods I use require it.

There's also building parts mods, which are very cool. Some recent examples I'm currently using are Auto Doors (automatically close doors that settlers leave open) Basement Living (personal bunkers! woo!) Immersive Vendors (stock stores that look like they have stuff for sale instead of an empty stall) Better Stores (more store options/decorations) Business Settlements (more decorations) Place Everywhere (super useful and pretty advanced mod that lets you build things better - requires some reading and setup) and Scrap Everything (allows you to scrap EVERYTHING)

There's also individual packs - I use a bunch of these from this author http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/users/8671518/?tb=mods&pUp=1 such as Craftable Balcony Supports, Craftable Glass Stuffs, Craftable Pillars and Support Braces, Tall Walls, Stackable Concrete Foundations - just a bunch of these.

Then there's the decorating things - OCDectorator allows you to place static items out of misc items - no more running into and kicking over ashtrays or dinner plates or whatever decor you chose. I've been LOVING "Do It Yourshelf" as well as Elinora's mods (Crafting Fury 9000 GTX) for giving my places a little bit more color.

Also, use something like No Object Limit or Increased Build Limit to disable the "oh no your settlement is full and you can't place anymore objects!" crap that was only put into the game for potato computers and consoles.

Otacon fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jun 25, 2016

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Nevets posted:

Are you sure it's that mod which is doing it? Don't Call Me Settler does all those things, too.

My bad, you're right!

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

My basic understanding was this: When you crawl out of Vault 111 for the first time, the game spawns all containers, including power armor frames, with a known contents. Sanctuary Container A might have some ammo and a pipe pistol, and Power Armor Frame B might have a T-45 head and left arm. You do your thing, going through the wasteland, and get to Sanctuary - you (for some reason) use Sanctuary Container A and put some guns in it. You find Power Armor Frame B, and deck it out with fully upgraded armor and complete the rest of the pieces. You then fast travel to Diamond City, and fast travel back. You find your neat Sanctuary Container A containing only some ammo and a pipe pistol, and your Power Armor Frame B now has a lovely head and left arm. All your stuff is gone because of the cell reset bug.

EDIT: I'm also probably wrong - there's something else to do with a "refresh" flag applied to certain containers, which some mods happen to exacerbate.

Otacon fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jun 26, 2016

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Crossposting to share screenshots of my bar in Starlight Drive In - I wanted to work with the stock projector building, so I did. I clipped the cafe stalls from Better Stores and did some organizing. Looks pretty great I think!

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Back Hack posted:

This guy hasn't made any settlement mods, but he sure knows how to put it all together and show the full potential of what some of these mods can do when used in conjunction with each other to produce some very professional looking stuff, in a very condensed and easy to watch video.

For example, he made this neat car gate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXQRxcvsi9U

His Channel can be found here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/TwentyFourGames/videos

Thanks for this! Watched his entire Starlight build series and it gave me some ideas!

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Jon Do posted:

So, I see a lot of settlement mods making me want to pick FO4 back up, but -- I made a post a while back -- really would rather wait until someone made happiness/water/food mechanics and settler behavior and AI a lot better. Mainly because settlements were the main thing driving me to play the game, and I pushed that as far as it would go for me.

I'm curious from the modders; is that stuff just not possible/accessible? People are into settlement stuff and "there's no reason to do it" was a super common complaint, so I'm afraid there's just some sort of limitation.

When you say "happiness/water/food mechanics" what do you mean? There's been some reverse engineering going on that better explains how to keep happiness high, and water/food mechanics are basically "if population# < food# and population# < water#, build more food and water"

As Kimsemus said, there's Don't Call Me Settler and Settler Management Software which do a number of things to make it easier to get the data you need, or to reset supply lines / show info about settlers, and there's now some actual concrete information (mostly on reddit) that explains how certain things affect happiness, but I'm still not sure I understand that part of your question.

With regards to settler behavior/AI, the answer is going to be probably not. From what I've researched, AI is going to be a bitch to change even with the geck, but there's definitely mods that allow you to have settlers perform actions with ploppable action-mats (stand here with a clipboard, do pushups here, meditate here, etc) but it's a far cry from "settlers now know how to use stairs" and "settlers no longer spawn into the same location every time you fast travel there"

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

mpyro posted:

Yes they are wandering all around the map. Jun Long was near Fenway. I think it might be a mod.

I noticed this once a few weeks ago, was cruising around Finch Farm and most of my Starlight Drive-In dudes were walking down a road, similar to a caravan but without the brahmin. After significant amounts of WTF, I fast traveled back to Starlight, and it was a ghost town. Slept for 8 hours, woke up, everyone was back again. Hasn't happened since!

If you manage to track down which mod it was, please let me know.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

If you're on Steam, there's a new Beta for Fallout4 released just a few minutes ago.

New Features:

ExitSave - creates a save file when you return to the main menu - PERFECT for survival mode when you NEED to get some sleep IRL and can't be assed to find a bed in game.
Addon Icons - In settlement build menu, there's now tiny icons in the corner of categories to let you know which DLC they're from - a tiny Mechanist, a deathclaw for Wasteland Workshop, a boat for Far Harbor, and a wrench for Contraptions - these are on categories such as the cages, conveyor belts, barns, concrete stuff, etc.
New Keyword Menu for Raider stuff - contains the spike poles, cages, and tiny tent structures.

On top of this, general bug fixes, quest fixes, and optimizations.

How to access the Steam Beta:
Right Click on Fallout 4 in your Library.
Select Settings.
Select Betas.
A drop down menu will appear. Select Beta.
Select OK.
Wait a few minutes and Fallout 4 should update.
When done, Fallout 4 should appear as Fallout 4 [Beta] in your Library.
The update is 732.0 MB
Please leave feedback on the update at the official Bethesda.net forums.
Link: https://community.bethesda.net/thread/44996

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Azhais posted:

Does it say ExitSave works on survival?

It does, as well as all other difficulties

Once you resume the save file, it deletes it, still making beds the only way to actually create a permanent saved game in Survival, however.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

I disabled TrueStorms since there was inevitably going to be a huge giant fuckoff sandstorm or thick fuckoff fog anytime I wanted to build a settlement.

Also, Mr.Grit - I too have noticed some funkiness going on with my beacons. Never went through the trouble of doing any troubleshooting though.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

A lot of mods will come with holotapes that provide uninstall scripts - check the mods page and see if there's an uninstall section

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

jadebullet posted:

BTW, are there any good mods for going for a shotgun build? Shotgun Surgeon is sorely missed, as is the ability to add slugs. I'm also sad that noone has made an Ithaca 37 yet.

No mods required - pick up 5 points in Rifleman, pickup 4 points in Demolition Expert, find/console yourself an Explosive Shotgun (double barrel or combat, doesn't matter) and mod it to the highest damage non-auto variant that you can, proceed to kill all humans.

There's definitely a mod that adds different types of ammo: Loads of Ammo: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9057/

quote:

Shotgun Shells
Birdshot: Higher damage, wider spread, more projectiles
Beanbag: Very low damage but knocks targets back
Pyro: Fires a blast of flame.
Flechette: Adds 40% armour penetration
Solid Slug: Fires a single round
Explosive: Adds a small blast
Tazer: Staggers targets

if that's what you're looking for

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Vault-Tec Workshop DLC got leaked early

https://imgur.com/a/XNs8d

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

I think I'm going about building "settlements" a little backwards, compared to this guy

https://www.reddit.com/r/falloutsettlements/comments/4rkj82/got_tired_of_living_in_a_shack/

quote:

snap n build for the house , fort sanctuary for the lovely flat version of sanctuary , Northland trees and fauna for the greenery. (and various furniture mods/OCD for decorations, etc etc)

Video of the build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5NN8E9O0k0

Otacon fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Jul 9, 2016

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

No it shouldn't

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Achievements wasn't working for me either, but that was on last weeks build. I've since uninstalled FO4 but I can't imagine the author of Achievements has bothered to look at it.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Started a new FO4 save after almost a year of putting it down, installed about 40 mods and now I'm having an issue...

I thought I remembered corpses (dead raiders I've killed, etc.) taking about 24 hours to despawn.

For some reason, they're now despawning within about 10-15 minutes.

Is this normal? I see there's a "More Dead Bodies" mod and a "Pile of Corpses" mod that might fix this, but they haven't been updated since 2015.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Nevets posted:

I think corpse despawning is normally tied to cell resets. Do you have any time scale mods or save game bloat prevention mods that might be resetting cells sooner than normal?

Nothing like that from what I can remember installing.

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

It's wildly variable, even in vanilla. Quest-related corpses will tend to hang around longer, especially outside, and some seem to never despawn - the drug dealers at Drumlin Diner and the Triggermen at the big Diamond City drug rip not only don't despawn, but their loot respawns. :getin: There's a raider corpse at Concord, thinks it's a scripted kill by the Deathclaw, that respawns loot as well.

Meanwhile, the ghouls at Sunshine Tidings just lie there stinking up the place. :(

My most recent (modded) run, the Concord Deathclaw just sat in front of the museum for literal ingame *months*. Kinda wanted to somehow drag it back to Sanctuary and drape it over the kid-killer or something.

I noticed it inside Corvega - I finished murdering everything and was in salvage mode, going around collecting loot. Noticed a lot less bodies than normal, ran to the last room I was in (maybe 10 minutes before) and saw a corpse disappear right in front of my eyes before I could scoop the loot. Now that I think about it, I did zone out for a split second in the sewer pipe exit/entrance in the basement, may have had something to do with it.

Regardless, I ended up installing Pile of Corpses and it seems to have fixed the issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Blast of Confetti posted:

Searched Nexus and Beth's site for More Shootymans and got nothing. Sounds like the mod for me though. I like how the game starts out a bit slow before I'm flinging nukes at dudes so a mod that trickles that out would be cool.

Might be this one:

More Spawns: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4253

Or this one (this is the one I use)

NPCs Travel: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16987

For War for the Commonwealth, it's here but be sure to check Bug reports to know what you're getting yourself into:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12395/