Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I haven't played in a long time, what is the best "build more things for your settlement" mod now? I think I used Homemaker last time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Sim Settlement looks neat, but I want the best mod (or combination of mods) for building more/better settlement poo poo myself. Which one(s) should I use?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Trying to get through the early bit of the game so I can start BUILDING RANDOM TOWNS AND poo poo OOOOOH YEAH

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Is there a mod that seamlessly dumps in a nice pile of new guns without being a buggy shitpile or having everything be overpowered? I wouldn't mind more gun variety, but don't want to try to add a bunch of different mods to make it work on top of the shitload of mods I just got to run without crashing.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

What are currently the best mods for improving what you can manually build in the game (as opposed to Sim Settlements)?

I think I used Homemaker in the past, but that was years ago.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

heard u like girls posted:

Ive been pulling my hair out over the last few weeks, because my fallout 4 install seems to be unable to use more than 4 GB of system ram, while have 16 in my computer.

I'm trying to get ENBoost to remove the memory cap but task manager and Fallout Performance Monitor both claim it's using a maximum of 4 :'/
The entire game is choppy as gently caress still. At some point Sim Settlements just brings it to its knees...

Anyone else have this, or perhaps can check if their modded games go over this value?

E;

Have you tried validating steam files? I had bizarre slowdowns for no reason that went away once I did that.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Morality_Police posted:

Seconding this question. I'm midway through a playthrough and my patience has run out with Homemaker - trying to build any of the structures in that mod other than bunkers just...doesn't seem to work. Is there a better mod for manually constructing buildings that I can jam into an existing playthrough without breaking everything?

I've used Snap N Build a little and so far it seems pretty good. It doesn't have the sheer volume of stuff Homemaker does, but a higher % of it seems to actually be implemented properly. Stuff mostly just snaps together like the title suggests, though there's a more complex building set called "real estate" or something I don't have a good handle on yet.

It's also compatible with Homemaker so you can just add it to your current game without breaking poo poo. That's what I did.

Homemaker has The Most poo poo, but a lot of it is implemented badly or doesn't play well with base building stuff.

e: Gunmetal Armor Skins - Vault Suit Pack lets you extensively customize everything about how your vault suit looks at the armor workbench. Change main color, trim color, patter, numbers, logos, you name it. It's probably one of my favorite mods now for playing dress-up. So goddamn sick of adding an outfit only to find out it glitches if your character does anything but stand there (and sometimes even then.)

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Mar 30, 2020

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Morality_Police posted:

You're the hero the Commonwealth needs, thank you.

I've only tried the industrial and capsule sets and they seem bug-free. The capsule set needs a lot of aluminum to build with IIRC.

Fun fact, the industrial set looks like it only has holes for windows, but if you dig around it also has panes of glass to put in the holes, or opaque window covers.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Internet Wizard posted:

Are AWKCR and AE still pretty commonly used or is there a better option for them?

They still seem to be pretty standard.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Nordick posted:

The whole "Everyone should only ever use MO2" thing is just dated goon hivemind dogma, Vortex works fine.

FWIW Vortex has been trouble free my current play-through. :geno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It prompts you to choose the order where it finds conflicts.