Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
an actual classical libertarian or the new type who yearn for unfettered totalitarian corporate hegemony with no oversight whatsoever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

8-Bit Scholar posted:

That depends. Is he a Randian "Libertarian" (and thus not a Libertarian at all, really) or is he an actual Libertarian, in that he supports smaller government, strong local government, states rights >>> federal rights, and an abolishment of the drug prohibition?

you dont know poo poo about anything

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wee Stubby Nublet posted:

I confided in one of my friends recently. I shared a sockibg and shameful truth that I've been trying to keep hidden. Sure, by some of the things i come out with and say, my stance on both important and mundane issues, I'm guessing that quite a few peoplee may well have their suspicions - but neither friends or family have outright said anything about it or confronted me for the facts on the matter or the truth.

Anyway, this friend of mine. He's a close friend, very close. We were having a d&m convo the other day and I was comfortable to disclose my dirty l'il secret to him. I felt sure he'd understand my position, not judge me, and well at least (try? pretend even?) to be a little bit supportive. Apparently I was wrong! Wrong about him, wrong about trusting him with my innermost secret, just wrong about everything. Ugh!

It appears that he doesn't understand me at all. I am so torn up about this. I'm in tears as I type this... *sniffles*... been crying all day about it. How can my very best friend in the whole wide world not understand me properly? It just hurts so drat much.

It's gotten back to me from other friends in our circle (even my grandpa rang me about it for gently caress's sake!) that my trusted confidante friend has been going around whispering to all and sundry about my politics. Like wtf? He's telling people that I'm a libertarian and asking for advice on how to counsel me about it, also asking whether he should just try shame me out of my choices. I cannot believe this is actually happening!

I loving hate politics. With a passion! Take pains to avoid anything to do with the stupid poo poo whenever possible. I confided in my friend that it's in my heart, that my true nature and very essence, is to be glib. That I'm a glibertarian. Obviously my best friend doesn't understand a loving word I say. And that's just heartbreaking. FML! :(

wtf

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if he doesn't return, he was never a libertarian to begtin with

• Locked thread