Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Wazz please this is not how you go about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

lol

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Love to see it

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
After all the drama of a hacker rendering Titanfall unplayable and poking into keeping prominent Titanfall 2 streamers from playing, it’s weird that a hacker promotes this message in Apex.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

TF1 is actually playable on PC today for the first time in a while. The lack of slide hopping and a grappling hook is loving me up but it's cool to see some of these maps again.

Josherino
Mar 24, 2021

I've been in a number of matches lately where everyone forms a TRUCE the minute a hacker is identified.

I mean it obviously sucks that this issue is getting worse and worse, but it can bring out the best in folks - so I guess that's a win.

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
Yesterday was the first day I've seen any problems in multiplayer after over 70 hours of play time. Ping jump to 2000 ping as everyone left the dropship to start a round.

What a bummer that a game this good has weirdos spending their actual human free time preventing people from enjoying it

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

so unless this is some kind of inside viral marketing experiment it looks as if people from the titanfall community are engaging in DDoS wars with people from the apex community, both games are being hacked a lot lately

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Sounds like a great use of everyone's time

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Field Mousepad posted:

Sounds like a great use of everyone's time

Extremely Normal Behavior™

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Fuckin gamers man

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

It sucks I can't play Titanfall 2 but this is also pretty funny.

Josherino
Mar 24, 2021

Ibexaz posted:

Yesterday was the first day I've seen any problems in multiplayer after over 70 hours of play time. Ping jump to 2000 ping as everyone left the dropship to start a round.

What a bummer that a game this good has weirdos spending their actual human free time preventing people from enjoying it

We SHOULD see greener pastures soon now that the steam summer sale is over.

fingers crossed

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

come on Zampella, pull the loving strings, enough of this poo poo give us titanfall 3

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

come on Zampella, pull the loving strings, enough of this poo poo give us titanfall 3

Titanfall 3 being released between Battlefield 2042 and the new CoD. Now that would be the biggest facepalm ever.

Just release Titanfall 3 either before Christmas or in March when a lot of people are burned already from the other games.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Guillermus posted:

Titanfall 3 being released between Battlefield 2042 and the new CoD. Now that would be the biggest facepalm ever.

Just release Titanfall 3 either before Christmas or in March when a lot of people are burned already from the other games.

If the only way we got a TF3 is another doomed release, I don't give a gently caress. It almost feels like a Valve situation where selling Half-Life Alyx means nothing against their other revenue streams, if TF3 had a solid playerbase and frequent updates, I'm there. Give it to me, straight to the vein.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

sigher posted:

Give it to me, straight to the vein.

Welcome back, Pilot. We're better together.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

vague as always

https://mp1st.com/news/apex-legends-ranked-arenas-coming-in-season-10-new-maps-takes-year-a-half-to-make

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

in an unprecedented twist: Vince reveals that Titanfall 3 and Factions 2 are the same game

That arena mode sounds dumb as hell.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

sigher posted:

If the only way we got a TF3 is another doomed release, I don't give a gently caress. It almost feels like a Valve situation where selling Half-Life Alyx means nothing against their other revenue streams, if TF3 had a solid playerbase and frequent updates, I'm there. Give it to me, straight to the vein.

After seeing the numbers of TF2 when they did the last steam sale I feel like they would at least break even. And the OG fanbase is pretty hardcore so I feel like it would be worth it because we would buy pretty much anything Titanfall related at this point.

Josherino
Mar 24, 2021

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

in an unprecedented twist: Vince reveals that Titanfall 3 and Factions 2 are the same game

That arena mode sounds dumb as hell.

To be honest, I thought I'd feel the same way about arenas - but it's actually great.

Really nice to come home after work and play a few matches where I know I'll get my $$ worth out of some solid playtime.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Ibexaz posted:

Ah poo poo, this is happening to me too on Playstation. All I want to do is some frontier defense.

Kachunkachunk
Jun 6, 2011
I haven't experienced any issues playing Frontier Defence, but yikes what a dumb hacktivism (or trolling) campaign this all seems to be.

Edit: Okay, finally experienced issues! Not quite sure how it works. If I'm alone (a rarity, but when players fall off), I can play just fine. Then some player joins and it'll kill the round. I guess there are bad actors connecting and doing it that way (yay matchmaking). If I'm right, people can just form squads on Discord and play as a party of 4 in Frontier Defence without issues.

Edit 2: I wasn't able to try it anyway, but it looks like the moment a friend enters even a private match with you, the problem would recur. Neat, but I guess it just says that server-side, things be effed. At least as of this second edit, apparently the servers are back up.

Kachunkachunk fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jul 12, 2021

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I periodically play some Apex and then just get bummed out that it feels a lot like Titanfall but with a massively gimped movement system. And the movement system is where a large chunk of my fun came from. :smith:

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
There's definitely not full on wall running but there's a lot more things than are readily apparent. I just hate how technical most of it is to pull off, necessitating weird binds on PC.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

:words: :shrug:

https://techraptor.net/gaming/features/save-titanfall-interview-noskill-community-tf-remnant-fleet

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDznau7dwVs

It's even weirder than one crank trying to bring down the game.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Ironic that one of the guys quoted heavily here, p0358, was actually a hacker. For the insane reason of getting game assets from Respawn and to drive attention to the Remnant Fleet Discord to somehow help in furthering resurrection of a failed Korean mobile port of Titanfall.

This is so intensely weird. Again - one guy, Jeanue, being nuts made more sense to me than this.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

wtf, so they want to recreate Titanfall Online (a game that never even made it out of South Korea) and manage it? This is batshit. Like... I'm all for another Titanfall title and one that gets lots of new content but not like this.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
And the reason why we haven't been able to play titanfall 1 for years and titanfall 2 for months is because they wanted less competition for their never-released asian market titanfall game they wanted to steal the source code to own.

Yeah.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

And the reason why we haven't been able to play titanfall 1 for years and titanfall 2 for months is because they wanted less competition for their never-released asian market titanfall game they wanted to steal the source code to own.

Yeah.

TF1 probably was Jeanue for a while, to my understanding. The more recent attacks including the two day Apex shutdown were these weirdos though.

In the Apex shutdown they put up a message to go to Save Titanfall, in part because it linked to the Remnant Fleet discord.

It's interesting how easily they manipulated media.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
So, been trying to get some friends to play titanfall 2 lately but been constantly getting "connection to server timed out" when trying to queue with them.

Is there still a DDOS problem going on, do I need to open up ports to reliably play with them, or what is going on here?

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Yeah it's just been like that for the past few weeks, even playing solo. I usually get 1-2 timeouts before finding a match, but once I'm in game things are fine (except pilots vs pilots for some reason, every other mode has been good).

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Not sure how true it is but supposedly if you don't mess with your load outs while searching for a game it's less likely to time out? No idea, sounds silly but hey anything to try to make it work.

Josherino
Mar 24, 2021

Been dealing with some family issues that have pulled me away from the player base; how are matches looking lately?

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009
Was also gone for 6 months without a computer. What's going on with multiplayer? Skimming news articles of looks like some hackers did some stuff and multiplayer is all but impossible now? Or is it only some days? I know I haven't been able to load for 2 days now; I joined during the great steam sale influx of players and it was super fun and it's a shame if you can't play anymore...

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!

PageMaster posted:

Was also gone for 6 months without a computer. What's going on with multiplayer? Skimming news articles of looks like some hackers did some stuff and multiplayer is all but impossible now? Or is it only some days? I know I haven't been able to load for 2 days now; I joined during the great steam sale influx of players and it was super fun and it's a shame if you can't play anymore...

Only some days, I was able to play a few days last week, but the attacks have picked back up this week.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I was hoping they finally got it under control, even if the servers disconnect multiple times between matches.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
https://twitter.com/Titanfall4Ever/status/1435682998167429123

https://twitter.com/Titanfall4Ever/status/1435702345418121223

I can't find more information on this topic other than via this Twitter thread, so take it with a grain of salt, but the second post sounds plausible IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Epsilon Plus posted:

https://twitter.com/Titanfall4Ever/status/1435682998167429123

https://twitter.com/Titanfall4Ever/status/1435702345418121223

I can't find more information on this topic other than via this Twitter thread, so take it with a grain of salt, but the second post sounds plausible IMO.

so what you're saying is that BT is alive