Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

Titanfall without the movement mechanics or Titans is just Call of Duty with some unique weapons. And nothing about Battle Royale map design sounds like it'd mesh with what Titanfall is about.

It sounds like EA just wanted a Battle Royale game and DICE had enough pull that they were able to shuffle it off onto someone else.

I seriously hope none of the main Respawn team is spending time or effort on this, and it's just a B-team that got put under their wing when they were acquired by EA.

On the other hand, Respawn needs a win sales-wise, so the ideal for me is that this sells just well enough that we get a proper Titanfall 3 (if such a thing can even happen anymore).

AdmiralViscen posted:

Battle Royals is coming to BF5 in like a month lol

Wait, is EA seriously pulling the same poo poo as when Titanfall 2/BF1 launched within weeks of one another?

Back Alley Borks fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Feb 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

Just caught up on the thread, words cannot express how absolutely upset I am right now.

I knew EA buying Respawn would be bad, but this...

:negative:

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I'm hoping they made it free on PC at a later date, I wouldn't mind joining the waves of newbs getting clowned on by vets.

Mostly I would just want more newbs so that they have people to actually kill instead of getting dunked constantly.

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

I had all my DLC stuff without purchasing any of it on Steam.

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

OctaMurk posted:

I guess my issue is that I don't have any of the DLC, but I want to buy it on steam because it's way cheaper than getting the DLC on origin right now. But want to keep all my progression so far.

You keep all your progression when you log in since it's just your Origin account anyway. You can buy DLC on Steam afterwards; it's just passing a flag to the Origin backend that you bought it.

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I miss TF1 rodeos with my spitfire... :blastu:

I was thinking about this today too. And how tense it was in high level play where everyone ran Cluster Missile, so you'd need to cloak, jump on, bait the missile, jump off before you got trapped, *not* double jump so you didn't fire your jets, guess which way they'd dash to avoid getting crushed, then jump back on so you could then proceed to unload.

And then also fight the Pilot once they jumped out.

It was a lot of effort, but man. It felt good.

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

My main weapon for both Titanfall games is the EVA-8, running Cloak (with a brief stint w/ Phase Shift after Cloak got nerfed, then I went back cause Cloak rules). Good movement allows easily getting in and out of closed spaces quickly, which means you can get any shmuck to follow you through a doorway and slap 'em in the face with every pellet.

There's a few maps I'll use the CAR on though, if interior spaces are too far apart.

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

One loading screen tip from Titanfall 1 that I'm not sure is in 2: throw clusters into small rooms and hallways that you know Pilots are in. They'll die!

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

sigher posted:

But..... why? Isn't that game completely dead?

edit: I still bought it though, lol

:same:

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

That explanation of the hack is bull. There's so many reasons why things couldn't work that way, enough that I could fill five paragraphs about it.

This reeks of being fake and I bet any "demonstration" will be done via the same "RCE" stuff that was done for the other TF2 a year ago, which also ended up being a big nothingburger.

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

Depends, Respawn may not fix the DoS exploit this time either. They acknowledged it months ago when Apex got owned but only fixed Apex.

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

Stan Taylor posted:

They hired that guy who did goofy reload animations on YouTube right?

They did, but then he left some time in-between TF2 and Apex. Not sure where he's at now.

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

I loved regular burn cards, but rare burn cards shouldn't have been a thing. Getting three small power ups during the match was fun. I never used any of my rares, eventually getting a full deck of 100 of them and never using a burn card again.

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

Quite a few of the people who made Titanfall are no longer at Respawn. If Apex dies, Respawn will likely suffer the same fate all EA-acquired studios do.

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

This smells of a PR move to keep up brand value.

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

The EVA-8 was perfect on a chunk of the maps that had denser pilot routes, just like Titanfall 1. Rise was always a CAR map for me, Angel City was EVA-8.

What made EVA-8 busted early in TF2 was how Cloak would only reveal for a moment on shooting, and Tactikill recharging it for infinite free unseen murder. Both got nerfed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

Wazzit posted:

Seems weird but yeah it worked after I did this.

Be careful about this. I'd clear the environment variable immediately after you're done playing.