Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

Moatillata posted:

C'mon you know you still wanna murder me anyway. Release your hatred. Cut me down. I shall become more stumpy than you can imagine.

Are you hoping for a repeat performance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Last time I let loose it totally dragged a game down. I don't feel like releasing hatred, and I'm not voting you for what you said in your scum doc in Overwatch.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Adahn1986 posted:

alloerotic asphyxiation?

Huh, learn something new every day.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Infinitum posted:

Like you trying to back out of this deal is super scummy to me.

Please stop flirting with toxxing in Mafia games.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I am also extremely tired and have to go walk the dog before taking the train this morning, but here is one other thought:

Moatillata posted:

Ive never played with him before, is this his normal style of play?

My meta read on the situation is that this is pretty typical Quid play. Coming in like a missile and going through everything that has been posted is what I expected from him, and we got it, so I do disagree with MT's case.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Quidnose posted:

I do that as town or scum. What about my content is saying I am town to you, Max?

I guess I've never played a game with you when you were scum.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

But I'm feeling you on the AA case, so maybe it's confirmation bias, or whatever you want to call it.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah hello, I post as my thoughts come to me without pausing to combine them. Sorry about that.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Moatillata posted:

Before and after pics and you have a deal m8. If you are right I will buy you a new av or archives or some poo poo.

:getin:

Also I missed this part, but this is really loving game breaking.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Li Dawny posted:

Along the lines of my feelings toward AA, Max seems to be waffling back and forth quite a bit. He agrees with AA, then AA is slightly scummy, then AA is totally scummy with no reasoning of his own.

:shrug:

I agreed with AA's point about lynching bringing the possible night targets down, giving the firefighter a better chance in terms of numbers.

I did (jokingly) call out how on the fence he was about Adahn and I's back and forth, but I wasn't really focused on him at the time.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Li Dawny posted:

This all means nothing. You still jumped onto Quid's case for AA with no reasoning of your own except "Quid's totes town b/c how he's playing" and when that was pulled out from under you the response was "oh well, still staying in AA". I mean, I agree that AA is scummy, that's not my point, I just think you may be too.

What? Where did you get that as my reasoning? I called out AA's hedgy post right when he made it, I just didn't focus on it too much because I was in it with the whole Adahn / No-Lynch discussion.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I mean, yeah, I agree with the case.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I don't really like how you're drilling down on how exactly I've worded my reasoning, because I thought I was clear.

##unvote

It actually makes me want to see AA get lunched today more than anything else, because MT calling Quid's reasoning suspicious before even seeing AA's flip is strange.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Murmur Twin posted:

How is that you believe that

(a) AA thinks Adahn is acting scummy, and
(b) AA is scum

at the same time? Don't those contradict?

I don't understand why those would contradict.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Lil Dawny:

Max posted:

This post seems a little too . . . hedgy.

Perhaps we'll have to . . . give you a trim.

Tree pun.

Like I said, this was sort of jokey because I was tied up with the Adahn stuff at the time it happened, but AA was on my radar for his super hedgy post. Quid posting about it reminded me that it had happened.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Quidnose posted:

...because people, as scum, will fake opinions on town members in order to get them mis-dunked?

How is this even a question MMT :psyduck:

Yeah, I'm not parsing that either.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Li Dawny posted:

Okay, I disagree with you Max, but I'll leave it be.

:shrug:

What are your feelings on mmt?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Like what you're saying now is disconnected entirely from what I said and questioned. I don't see why you think it's some scumtell either. I am legitimately confused.

It's more that you were doing some serious fence-riding when you initially posted about it, and almost literally said "I'm gonna wait for others to weigh in."

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Long day, going to bed early.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm here and will be sort of around, but I have to prepare for a presentation at 2PM, which is just before deadline.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Adahn1986 posted:

I'm physically incapable of doing things in advance of deadlines. It works for me though.

Yeah, this is for a professor I work with, they want me to walk through Photoshop with their summer students. I don't want it to be one of those things where I'm fumbling around trying to answer questions in the middle of the thing. I know it, I just need to get the order of what I'm going through down pat.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Moatillata posted:

Infinitum that's a really lame case. I appreciate your :words: though.

First off, day one was mainly spent seriously strategizing the game. I guess maybe you werent reading the thread? There has been literally no "joke phase". When I call you out there has been a ton of posts already. None of which were you. Also, you claim high volume posts. We are on page 10 already for day one. Also, I didn't feel the need to tunnel you because, Jesus, your overreaction spoke for itself. You have contributed zero to the game up until now when you make a huge post which has a strong emotional appeal for my lynch without much content. Then you go to bed.

I'm sorry to disappoint you but I speak for the trees. I like trees. I am a tree wizard. Ramalama Alabama. I don't understand why youre being so willfully obtuse. Unless you are playing against your win condition or you are scum. Which is it?

I still don't agree and don't get the lurker callout that you did to Inf. We were literally 8 hours into the game and even I was aware that he was on Australia time. Why are you sticking to your guns on this?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Moatillata posted:

How do you get post counts for every person in the thread?

What does that have to do with what I asked?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Since you want it.

postcount posted:

dongsbot 9000 76
Max 63
Adahn1986 46
Anomalous Amalgam 40
Moatillata 36
Quidnose 32
Infinitum 26
Li Dawny 22
Murmur Twin 19
Absurd Revolver 15
votefinder 1

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I don't think that feature is available on awful. You could use your phone's mobile browser to go to SA though.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

But I just posted that thing for you.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Adahn1986 posted:

I actually get kind of a town read from Infini, because he gets really insane and tunnely when he's town and is more laid back and passive as scum.

But that's from horrifically limited exposure.

This is my experience with him as well.

I'll give mmt a re-read when I get a chunk of time to do so, but we do only have 4 hours.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm happy with Moat or AA today. Kinda feeling AA more, but it's fine.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Which part do you want me to explain?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Like, AA posted the hedgiest post I have ever seen (not a pun) right off the bat when the mechanics chat started. It's something that I've ignored in previous games whenever I see it, and it almost always ends up being a scum tell for most people. I don't want to ignore it this game.

Moat is making a disingenuous argument, re: Inf, though it looks like they're realizing that one isn't going to get much traction.

Basically gut says AA, brain says Moat.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Adahn1986 posted:

Hmm, sometimes people do the groupings, so I can do it too.

Leans scum: MMT, AA
Leans town: Moat, Infin

Black hole of uncertainty: Everyone else

Except for me, I am a tree.

Let me tell you about lumpen lists.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Quid, why Moat over AA?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

It's deffo getting worse the more Moat posts, though I am cautious about how AA is going quiet at the moment.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hrrmm.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Again, I'm not really seeing how I come across as hedging when I make one post about being on the fence and then definitively decide and explain which I thought was the better course of action.

I also explain why I was so adamant about standing up for myself, it's not that I have anything to lose, but instead I refuse to be bullied into what has ultimately read as flawed circular logic that can only be validated subjectively.

Honing in on one or two posts from what was effectively the start of the game and ignoring the actual thought and contribution I've made outside of that is scummy and thats what I see Li Dawny, Max doing right now. Adahn was doing this, but at least he has further belief for voting me despite being wrong about it.

Also I'm quiet so I don't get fired, phone posting for the time being but Li Dawny's case feels like a me too, and Max focusing on the hedging argument seems off to me as well.

There is soooooo much passive language in here, christ.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

My general issue with AA is the tone of their posts, starting with the hedging argument. That post seems really . . . constructed, and has a really passive voice.

"Max seams off"

"Dawney's case feels like a me too."

I dunno, I'm nit picking, but it's definitely a pattern with their posts.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Quidnose posted:

Guys I think Max might be scum. For real.

Dude, you're all over the place today.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

This is low involvement?

And do me a favor and at least give me something to respond to if you're gonna make a "Max is scum for real" statement.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Quidnose posted:

I am now suspicious of you and Max. How does that show me going with the wind of the populace, as you are saying?

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

You usually give pretty good reasons for your suspicions.

I woke up this morning thinking "it'll probably be AA today" but in the last few hours there has been a lot of momentum off of them out of nowhere. That's strange to me and now I really want to know their alignment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh, you responded while I was typing.

• Locked thread