Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

JethroMcB posted:

"Orlando: We care."
[5 minutes later, footage of Link emptying an M4 into wave after wave of ReDeads]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
I wish I could be as excited as some Nintendo fans are for Zelda but it's just not happening

Oh well
At least I have some 3DS titles to look forward to

:(

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

waiting for vr pokemon snap with added camera controller

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Bloody Pom posted:

Another year, another chance to get my hopes up about a real Metroid game and then have them dashed.

:smith:
But we are and its called Metroid: Federation Force.

:negative:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://www.twitter.com/DanRyckert/status/742593063080468481

Still blows my mind.

Maxwellsdemon
Nov 12, 2007
meh
Grimey Drawer

Bloody Pom posted:

Another year, another chance to get my hopes up about a real Metroid game and then have them dashed.

:smith:

I feel you.
:sadwave:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I said come in! posted:

Nintendo should make a successor to the 3DS. Focusing on a whole new console when your current one is Sega Dreamcast levels of commercial failure seems like a terrible business decision.

What? Nintendo didn't make the Vita.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Explain.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

sony's conference was good and giant bomb thought it was bland

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I'm rewatching past Nintendo Digital Events starting with the one from 2014 to get hype for today

Iwata vs. Reggie is still the best thing in anything

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Giant Bomb hated the Sony presentation to a level which shouldn't seem possible.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

univbee posted:

Giant Bomb hated the Sony presentation to a level which shouldn't seem possible.
But they actually showed games.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
They didn't hate the conference but they weren't impressed with it and had some dumb complaints

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Metroid is now a turn based card game that you have to buy physical cards that are made out of plastic

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

univbee posted:

It's pretty obvious why someone in the industry who isnt an idiot wouldn't buy into hype, but it seems like every year a bunch of idiots melt down over Giant Bomb not being enthusiastic enough.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Accordion Man posted:

But they actually showed games.

Exactly. Like, not every game looked like an amaze-balls must-preorder title, but the way most were presented was really solidly done and just about everything they showed (Infinite Warfare excluded) was either PS4 exclusive or had exclusive PSVR components. Maybe they were hoping for a new Bushido Blade like I was?

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
Giantbomb are literally nothing but a group of obese white Americans who hate fun. Somehow people still want to watch their videos.

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Terminally Bored posted:

Giantbomb are literally nothing but a group of obese white Americans who hate fun. Somehow people still want to watch their videos.

Ah, goons.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
i think Dan & the east coasters are pretty cool.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

univbee posted:

*looks around slowly* seems possible to me

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

univbee posted:

Because they aren't a bunch of easily impressed morons?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

What was the problem with the Sony conference?

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I mean I was bummed that they didn't show FF7 but I still really liked Sony's presser. I guess some people are just impossible to please.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I'm surprised to hear that the GB crew didn't like the Sony conference, because they seemed fairly positive about it in their post-show. v:shobon:v

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I had my doubts about Scalebound before but good lord does it look unfun.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

giant bomb thought someone should have come out after each trailer and said "that looked good huh. we liked making it"

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Golden Goat posted:

What was the problem with the Sony conference?

lovely VR poo poo, boring games nobody cares about, FMV trailers
Apparently people were actually impressed by the prospect of another terrible Resident Evil game though so maybe I'm just out of touch?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

It was a lot easier to believe it was good while sitting in a theater, but I can understand not being impressed sitting at a table of other snarks watching a web stream

I stand foursquare with the sony conference

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Augus posted:

Apparently people were actually impressed by the prospect of another terrible Resident Evil game though so maybe I'm just out of touch?

Jaded and miserable maybe

Sio
Jan 20, 2007

better red than dead
Sony's conference was their worst in years so GB's reaction is understandable. Days Gone did not deserve that much time.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I forgot about Days Gone

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Augus posted:

the idea of the terrible resident evil game being the first actual VR game I've seen that's not basically a minigame was something

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Varam posted:

Sony's conference was their worst in years so GB's reaction is understandable. Days Gone did not deserve that much time.

Well the last two years were pretty amazing for them.

This year two of their three mega announcements from last year didn't even show.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Ending on zombie shooter #352 wasn't great, but Sony did exactly what they were supposed to do -- announce and showcase games without patronizing the audience

Maybe Microsoft has just lowered my standards to the degree that I no longer know what a decent show is supposed to be like

I hope Nintendo is good this year

Fried Watermelon posted:

Metroid is now a turn based card game that you have to buy physical cards that are made out of plastic

Still preferable to chibi Federation soldiers

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Augus posted:

Sooooo like all other E3 conferences then.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Golden Goat posted:

Sooooo like all other E3 conferences then.

Yes, bad like all other E3 conferences.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Varam posted:

Shows a Days Gone trailer without zombies.
Ends the show with shooting a zombie kid and showing a million zombies.

:geno:

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

univbee posted:

There was no Shu and no Adam. How could you get into that.

Seriously though, Sony played it super safe. They seem scared that GB's Neo leaks may have upset this PS4 customer base that's so big that three years ago they would have been thrilled to have it. They've gone from "will anybody buy consoles now?" to "people need to start buying consoles regularly like they're disposable cell phones or hard drives." In about three years.

They not only neglect to display Neo because they're afraid to make their customers feel like they have obsolete hardware, but they didn't even drop the price of the PS4. They had a LOT of VR and it's not certain there's anything about VR that doesn't look like a VR specific DLC mission for a larger game property.

The things they did well was bring God Of War into the Dark Souls age. I did not like any GoW game, even the first one, but I would give this new version a chance.

The poo poo they chose to show, though, I dunno. Bungie showed the Destiny expansion on a Twitch stream like four days ago when previously that property was a staple of Sony shows. Final Fantasy 15 had two displays at yesterday's event that were worse than they were when the game was a concept.

Last year they strained for time a bit, everybody has their Assassins Creed Syndicate trailer that was one piece of the larger demo shown at Ubi. Sony (or MS, I forgot) had a whole segment on Fallout 4 last year even though the Bethesda event thing was more complete. But come on, Lego Star Wars?

It was still slightly better than Andrew House announcing that Ratchet movie dud and letting someone spend half an hour talking about Powers.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Jun 14, 2016

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Regardless what you think about the conference, on a scale of the rest of E3 Sony actually had games to show and nobody in a blazer and jeans came out to describe exactly what you just saw for 10 minutes.

Now the important question: when is Persona 5 being shown because Atlus made promises.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Again this is put up against Microsoft's E3 presser, which was about ten minutes of Gears 4 and them going "hey maybe don't buy an Xbox One"

• Locked thread