Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Zas posted:

as has no doubt been mentioned, I can't wait until there are some setups to glitch up some crazy speed w/shield baording or the kite thing or whatever

Backwards bomb sled superslide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I guess you could use the stasis to build momentum on an object then just stand on it + fly across hyrule

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I thought the characters in Color Splash were fairly expressive too, which I'm really liking

I just imagine the first two Paper Mario games redone with the visual bravado that game is bringing

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
I agree that Resident Evil 7 looks interesting because Capcom clearly took the hint that RE6 was a mess (they are probably the only Japanese company that is taking the West seriously) and, once again, they are going to reinvent Resident Evil and 7 has me intrigued. I honestly might get a PS VR for this one (yes, I'm going on the VR bandwagon gently caress you) if it's anywhere close to P.T. in tone.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Justin Godscock posted:

I agree that Resident Evil 7 looks interesting because Capcom clearly took the hint that RE6 was a mess (they are probably the only Japanese company that is taking the West seriously) and, once again, they are going to reinvent Resident Evil and 7 has me intrigued. I honestly might get a PS VR for this one (yes, I'm going on the VR bandwagon gently caress you) if it's anywhere close to P.T. in tone.

Squenix is bigger in the west via eidos and sega probably is too via their western studios.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://twitter.com/kobunheat/status/743530449562017792

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

What's that booth really for?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Dead people.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

TheMadMilkman posted:

Did you look at anything other than the character models?

The papercraft look for the environmental models is absolutely stunning. That's what we're talking about when we say it looks amazing.

The game may very well be trash, but I'll buy it just to stare at the backgrounds.

The characters you look at shape every scene you look at for the entire game, and are easily the most important part to nail down correctly in any given aesthetic for a game. If they stand out badly, they make everything else look bad (even if by themselves, the environments are okay). So...basically yeah? Cause that's what's most important when you're gonna spend most of the game looking at all the characters/enemies. You can (and typically do!) have the characters stand out some, but usually it's more subtle and easier on the eyes than a giant White Outline.

If the game were sticker star, it'd make a lot more sense since it gives that out of place touch that a lot of stickers normally have (even if Mario isn't necessarily supposed to be a sticker in that), which would reinforce the main motif of the game. But that's not how it is there nor in Color Splash. You could argue it's to counterbalance the paint splashes in the world ala some Canvas, which you can see when Mario uses the paint hammer on toads and their white outlines also fill up with color, but that usage looks extremely minor and niche and wouldn't justify al the characters looking bad? Maybe later on in the game they do more with painting the characters to make it worthwhile, but as is they just have double outlines (solid black and thicker white) for no real big benefit.

My best guess is that it has to deal with some of the new animation tricks they are doing, with slight bends on the paper models and some higher up camera angles to with some differences in character turning, but IDk they already did a bunch of that stuff before in older games and they looked fine? :shrug:

Spellman posted:

I just imagine the first two Paper Mario games redone with the visual bravado that game is bringing

Oh God, it sounds like the WWHD port all over again.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

What's that booth really for?
Mafia III apparently

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Quest For Glory II posted:

Mafia III apparently

someone told me that they watched a long-ish gameplay video and the game looked good

i hope it's true

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

New Orleans funeral procession. So weird.

Also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_hMZ8HuIc0

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

New Orleans funeral procession. So weird.

Also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_hMZ8HuIc0

I find being pointlessly negative is really tedious

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Quake Champions is being developed by Sabre Interactive who has a track record of incredible hits: TimeShift, Battle: Los Angeles, Inversion, God Mode, RIPD the Game, and the Master Chief Collection.

Oh wait did I say hits, I think I meant a different word

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Quest For Glory II posted:

Quake Champions is being developed by Sabre Interactive who has a track record of incredible hits: TimeShift, Battle: Los Angeles, Inversion, God Mode, RIPD the Game, and the Master Chief Collection.

Oh wait did I say hits, I think I meant a different word

wolfenstein: hit
doom: hit
quake: terribile because people are conditioned to buy

classic move bethesda

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Lemming posted:

I find being pointlessly negative is really tedious

There was a lot to be negative about. You can be positive when things are good.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

There was a lot to be negative about. You can be positive when things are good.

If there was genuinely nothing interesting to you at all at E3 then I would seriously doubt that you liked video games in the first place.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Well yeah I've got like 5,000 posts in this forum but I don't like video games

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Have you tried a new hobby?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Well yeah I've got like 5,000 posts in this forum but I don't like video games

What are your favorite games, then? Maybe there's something you would think is neat that was at E3 and you just missed it.

Zelda was probably the big one for me, but I'm also looking forward to games like Titanfall 2, Mount and Blade 2, and For Honor. I thought Horizon Zero Dawn looked cool, but probably not enough for me to buy a PS4 for. There were also a lot of VR games I'm looking forward to trying out, because I think VR is really cool!

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I'm interested in a lot of games but they're almost all sequels or very familiar genres. Mafia 3, Horizon, Watch Dogs (I know), Battlefield 1.

VR was disappointing I thought, I'm almost certainly going to cancel my PSVR preorder unless something blows me away before October.

Just seemed like a very "safe" E3, I wanted more info on Scorpio and Neo and more surprises other than Steep.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

This video is really really bad

I don't think these guys actually enjoy anything about video games

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

I'm interested in a lot of games but they're almost all sequels or very familiar genres. Mafia 3, Horizon, Watch Dogs (I know), Battlefield 1.

VR was disappointing I thought, I'm almost certainly going to cancel my PSVR preorder unless something blows me away before October.

Just seemed like a very "safe" E3, I wanted more info on Scorpio and Neo and more surprises other than Steep.

VR is the kind of thing that it makes such a huge difference to try it for yourself. If you're thinking of getting PSVR you should try one of the demos (this site lists times and locations https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/playstation-vr/trial/ ) and see if you like it! Of the available demos, I think The Heist in PlayStation VR Worlds and Battlezone will be the best ones to try.

I agree it could have been better and more surprises would have been nice, but I think we're coming to a next-ish gen next year and there will probably be some more experimental stuff there.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I would only try a public demo of VR if the representative spent 10 minutes disinfecting the headset between each user

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
VR is stupid. Trying it for yourself seems game changing because you only ate using the drat thing for maybe half an hour, tops. But they take around an hour for the novelty to wear off and you realize you paid $500 to buy the equivalent of ipad non games and call them experiences.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i was gonna say the equivalent of Wii Sports

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

greatn posted:

VR is stupid. Trying it for yourself seems game changing because you only ate using the drat thing for maybe half an hour, tops. But they take around an hour for the novelty to wear off and you realize you paid $500 to buy the equivalent of ipad non games and call them experiences.

Oh I think it's absolutely not worth it for most people to buy right now. That might change based on how good PSVR games end up being, but especially for the Rift and the Vive they cost at least $600 for the headset and $1000 for the computer to power it, and you're right, there isn't a ton of stuff to do yet. But I disagree that it's stupid! I have a Vive, and everyone I've shown it to has been blown away. It's really cool technology, and I think being an early adopter is not worth it, but once computers get a bit cheaper and the hardware gets better and more affordable, it's going to be a big deal.

Have you tried one yourself? Space Pirate Trainer on the Vive is my gold standard right now for being super fun to play. It's setup like a classic arcade game so all you can do is go for a high score, but dodging lasers and shooting at robots is incredibly fun.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
We need to enjoy all our time making fun of early VR while we can because soon we will all be in vats wearing our headsets as vEarth becomes are new home forget about old earth there is nothing wrong just let it fade away vEarth is safer no one can hurt you good bye old earht good. by. e.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Lemming posted:

VR is good my friend

VR peaked with Dactyl Nightmare

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m4X4JURcr4

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Jun 18, 2016

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWeFB00IuFE
I was so excited till the demo. drat it capcom.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Megasabin posted:

Have you actually tried it? It's very impressive imo. Real full games instead of "mainstream title VR experience!" are still probably about 2-3 years out, but the tech itself is not a gimmick, and will not be going away. Anyone who thinks so is deluding themselves.

i don't really care

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA1gx_3jPrw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SSDhiBV6pA&t=356s

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Jun 18, 2016

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwxU2t6Tnnw

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

17 minutes...

I think I need a supercut for this supercut

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Wheany posted:

17 minutes...

I think I need a supercut for this supercut

Here you go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq46xLbQE6c

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgtKalT_HgM

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kzb2ZNam5O8

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

finally, the post/username combo i have been waiting for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Looks nice, shoulda come out 3 years ago though.

• Locked thread