Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

s.i.r.e. posted:

I'm trying to think of all of the pig Ganon appearances and there's a bit, but only three games where he even has color (LOZ, LTTP, FSA); I guess maybe he looked up art for Ganon or something.

The linked Oracle games :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

s.i.r.e. posted:

Was he blue there? I can't remember but I don't even know if I got to do that because of the whole link bullshit.

He's monochromatic, but yes.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

Kaysette posted:

Those fuckers are tough if you suck at dodging.

I suck at dodging, but Lynels (like many things) are really easy if you just shoot them in the face :black101:

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

The Legend of Zelda: Heroes Die Twice?

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

Angry Diplomat posted:

It's worth fighting every Talus you see until you inevitably manage to comedically kill yourself in That One Specific Way. Everyone has done it at least once, and I suspect almost everyone experienced that same sense of total surprise and "why the gently caress did that surprise me, of course that can happen, lmao god I'm such an idiot" when they did.

For the life of me I can't think of what you're talking about. Can you elaborate?

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

Angry Diplomat posted:

Wait you can just straight up fight them? I thought if you got caught they sent you back to the prison cell or whatever :psyduck:

If they hit you it will, iirc. As long as you don't get hit, though, you're good.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I just flipped the maze over. It's flat on the bottom.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

Captain Hygiene posted:

But then you won't get to enjoy their delight as they excitedly prance over to a surprise banana :(

Lure them with bananas, then unexist them.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

Captain Hygiene posted:

the Majora's Mask water temple (aka the good water temple)

:psyduck:

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

Conceptually, absolutely. In practice, it's annoying as gently caress.

Argue is knows what's up, Ancient Cistern is the best water dungeon.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

Twelve by Pies posted:

but then I could have only had one cold resist armor piece and I didn't feel like cooking any spicy food.

Equip a fire weapon.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

Runcible Cat posted:

Any other suggestions for Zelda-alikes - other games that scratch the same itch? I've just played Anodyne and really enjoyed it for the "wandering round weird maps hitting things to a cool soundtrack" vibe, so has anyone got any opinions about similar ones?

I always get bored with the Dragon Quests before I finish them because there's too much unavoidable fighting and faffing about with levels and career progressions, FWIW. And I'm slowly working my way through Cadence of Hyrule, but I have no sense of rhythm.

Have you played Okami? It's basically Japanese mythology Zelda where you're a wolf.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I also wouldn't really say HLD is a Zelda-like... But everyone should go play it because it's loving amazing. I should go replay it. It is quite challenging though, if that's a deal breaker.

And yeah, Okami definitely has its flaws - Issun is terrible, the animal crossing speech is a turnoff for many people, it never really gets at all challenging, and the plot is plodding and tells you everything in at least triplicate - but it's also gorgeous, does have several charming characters despite Issun, is quite a neat romp through Japanese mythology, and imo the actual gameplay is pretty fun for the most part. There are definitely worse Zelda games. There are even worse Zelda games where you get to be a wolf!

Plus you get to feed all the animals. All of them!

HLD is way better though, go play that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

Bust Rodd posted:

Viriconium by M. John Harrison

This sounds amazing, thanks for the recommendation! I can't wait to pick up a copy.