Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Just brought light to Kakariko Village in TP (Wii). Playing this after Skyward Sword is an experience, though not a great one. SS, I think, perfects the issues I'm having with TP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Playing through TP for the first time, this is easy to say:

Skyward Sword >>> Twilight Princess

It's not even close.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Comrade Fakename posted:

SS is an insult of a Zelda. TP is just a little aesthetically lacking.

Kakariko Village is a Western movie one horse town

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Playing that boss in Skyward Sword 3x sucked. I just finished learning a sumo wrestling mechanic in Twilight Princess and it is poo poo. Jousting that guy on that bridge? Also poo poo mechanics.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I will never get all the heart pieces on a playthrough, not even close. I won't do most of the other things (TP has fishing, possibly bug catching? - the point is I haven't done it) either. I will get everything in dungeons though. But for instance I did not explore Hyrule Fields at all as I traveled from Faron Woods to Kakariko Village. In this sense, I prefer the (lack of) overworld in Skyward Sword even though, yes, the overworld is often a (some say The) draw for Zelda games.

Also, I like the art style of Twilight Princess and even some of its cinematic interludes (though they should be skippable). It's weird that Kakariko Village is literally experiencing a plotline similar to The Magnificent Seven or something.

Alec Eiffel fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Aug 17, 2016

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The Lakebed Temple boss in Twilight Princess is hands down the easiest Zelda boss ever. And now they want me to collect ghosts!? loving bugs, fish, and scrolls wasn't enough – loving ghosts now?? gently caress that, gently caress 100%.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Is this the catch-all Zelda thread? I can't find another. Anyway, Oracle of Ages is, like, super hard or I'm super stupid or both. I got my rear end handed to me repeatedly in the second dungeon (Wing Dungeon).

Maybe it's because I just played and beat A Link Between Two Worlds without any help, but good lord, I will likely have to consult a FAQ soon.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Why is this the most hideous thing ever

http://store.iam8bit.com/products/hero-of-time-2xlp-the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I preordered the Wii U version and am excited to play it. I just have to get through the last seven temples of Twilight Princess (Wii) or... leave Twilight Princess unfinished as I tear into Breath of the Wild.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
How many Zelda games have you 100% beaten ("New Game Pluses" do not count: you can say 200% if you've beaten a game and its New Game Plus and collected everything each time)?

I've 100% beaten A Link Between Worlds. That's it.

I just beat Snowpeak Ruin (Twilight Princess - Wii) and realized I'll never 100% most Zelda games. I'm not collecting all these drat Poes or bugs.

As for every other Zelda I've played and beaten, I never, ever get all the heart pieces or upgrades. Except ALBW.

Alec Eiffel fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jan 18, 2017

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Minish Cap's God awful statue collecting mechanic is way worse than the Kinstone fusion sidequest. But both suck.

The Oracle games have that insane ring collection spanning four (?) complete playthroughs.

You people... did these things???

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Twilight Princess (Wii) - I'm attempting to locate all the hidden skills but there isn't a single howling stone I haven't examined, yet none make noise for me to listen to. I'm missing the last hidden skill. I'm about to go to the City in the Sky. What gives?

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'm missing the Great Spin Attack but I did the howling stone in the hidden village. I thought I missed the stone in Death Mountain but it isn't making noise for me to listen to. I've since checked them all. Maybe I'll go back to the village, but 100% without question I did that stone.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I got that one. Because I missed a stone somewhere (apparently), that wolf did not give me the Great Spin Attack, but an earlier move. I'm not at home, but now I'm thinking I might have activated all the stones and forgotten a wolf somewhere. I mean, that's the only thing that makes sense because I definitely approached every stone yesterday.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I lost on the 49th level of the Cave of Ordeals (3 armored swordsmen) and now I don't believe in video games anymore.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Holla if you're playing the Wii U version in a little over a week.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I just climbed the Central Tower while avoiding being shot at! Woo! It only took me a million tries.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Why did I just spend 2k on the flame repellant helmet when it wasn't needed

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
How is inventory sorted when you press Y?

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

How does it run on wiiu? I don't want to buy a console for this game.

Mostly I mean how bad ate the 'frame drops'

It's fine. A few drops here and there, mostly when there's an enemy barrage.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
You're a dumb rear end bitch if you mimic amiibo functions. I just paid $11 for SSB Link (new!) on eBay. Either the seller didn't know it has a purpose/value now or I'm about to be sent an empty cardboard box.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
DLC is going to be original 150 Pokemon to catch and battle with. My uncle works at Nintendo.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Some guy 100%'d the game in 49 hours (he took a nap).

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/04/18/first-speedrunner-to-100-complete-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-in-just-49-hours/

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mega64 posted:

Including all 900 Korok seeds. :stonk:

It's disgusting.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
My uncle works at Nintendo and says there's serious talks of a Zelda II remake à la Link's Awakening

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Finding 50 seashells sure beats finding 900 Korok seeds.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Just 100%’d Link’s Awakening, making it only the second Zelda game I fully finished. I feel hollow

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I would never, ever, ever pursue 900 shits though

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
My other was A Link Between Worlds. In both cases, they had a plotted map or system for locating items.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Twelve by Pies posted:

I will never 100% Link Between Worlds because a) gently caress Octorok Baseball b) gently caress the Cucco dodging game and c) it has Streetpass stuff so even if I wanted to 100% it that would prevent me from doing it anyway.

Oh I didn’t do Streetpass stuff. Welp.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Twelve by Pies posted:

At least the only reward for doing Streetpass stuff in LBW is getting to fight the old man which is pretty whatever, but there's 50 challenges for Streetpass battles and you can't say you've 100%'d a game if there's in game challenges you leave uncompleted, so.

I can and will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

LionArcher posted:

I just want wind waker and TP ports while we wait man. Is that took
Much to ask for? (I’ll buy skyward sword never played it before).

Yeah. They released those for the Wii U.