Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

The ipad is always getting new drops of water put in it in this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

What a weird lie. I would have been way more inclined to believe that it had to be cut for performance reasons, considering how rear end the game runs

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

ditty bout my clitty posted:

Hard to imagine how a map or inventory screen would've impacted performance.

Well yeah I mean it would have been a lie also, just a vaguely more plausible one. That said I wouldn't write off any weird performance poo poo out of hand in a game where trying to hit an enemy with your sword sometimes causes a literal 1 second long hitch

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

The Walrus posted:

thats intentional, man. though I do miss the accompanying musical notes

I really don't think so, this is distinct from the frame pause when you hit an enemy a la Wind Waker. I think it's a physics issue or something since it usually happens when you're about to ragdoll an enemy and the amount of hitch varies widely.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I think it's the autosave every ~30 seconds that really matches the feeling of dark souls the most

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

CJ posted:

Also wtf is with the voice acting? Did they hire them off Craigslist?

The Zora girl who wants to jump Link's dick is the most distractingly bad VA I've heard in a game in recent memory and that's really saying something

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

"Taking on the voice of Mipha is Amelia Gotham, who is most famous for her roles as the player character in Let it Die, the Moogles in Mobius Final Fantasy, and Lexi in the Warigami television series."

Amelia, you didn't do a good job

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

VanSandman posted:

Zelda was loving trying, you jerks.

Trying to win the worst voice acting award, maybe

But she couldn't even manage that because Mipha is also in the game

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Link's only canon GF is Mipha. It's disturbing on many levels but #damnitstrue

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

You don't have to like the reality that link went on dates with, and probably kissed, a badly voice acted fish. But you do have to accept it and make peace with it

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

They weren't just dating, the Zora Tunic is a marital tradition, made by Mipha for her fiance Link. That's why it fits him perfectly.

I don't want to traumatize the young readers of this thread any worse than they already will be by the revelations of my OP. Please spare them the true horror until they are older

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Your Computer posted:

You know the answer in your heart.

Also is it just me or is Breath of the Wild very horney for a Zelda game.

It used to be they rounded up any horney people working at nintendo and forced them to make fire emblem

Un/fortunately, in order to bring botw over the line they had to free the horney devs and they horned the game up

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Moltrey posted:

the plot of Hyrule Warriros was literally a witch wanted to gently caress Link so badly, she opened up portals to other timelines

What she didn't anticipate, is the constant in all timelines is Link Is A Fish Fucker

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

If you get 100% you get the double secret ending where link kisses mipha's ghost

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It doesn't seem right, to me, for a small boy like Link to ride on such a giant horse

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

cheetah7071 posted:

I like Mipha

Mods? Mods?

Mods??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Runcible Cat posted:

Unless there's a memory I've missed so far all we know is that she'd decided she was going to marry him. Fishstalker!

They had a date where they sat on the trunk of a giant elephant together. Think about that for a minute, get real, and face the terrifying reality