Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I'm pretty happy that both of the huge games from my childhood's latest installments start the same way.

Also I don't know how weird this is to ask, but in the year-ish before Skyward Sword came out there was a big Goon simuplay challenge of the whole series, and seeing as we have this coming up and between the 3ds and WiiU you can pretty much play every game in the series asides from 4 swords, I'm wondering if there'd be any interest in doing it again this year?

Last time I got up to OOT, broke a 3ds screen and couldn't finish and I've wanted an excuse to try again..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Evil Eagle posted:

I did every game with a challenge back then, but I just started a timeline order run through the series. I'm 2 dungeons into Skyward Sword on hero mode with 6 hearts/no shield and no healing items. this game looks incredible on dolphin.

I think I'm just going to go down the hero fails timeline since I've played most of the other games in the timeline recently.

How do you have controls set up for SS on Dolphin? I have it on VWii but I play games at a desk and wiimotes and desks don't play well together.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I really hope I can grab a frog and hang out with the frog and bring him all over post-apocalyptic Hyrule with me and then maybe use him to reflect a lightning attack back at Gannon

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Have art

:neckbeard:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I will not be satisfied with this game's racial diversity until I see a drat Subrosian :colbert:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Just got my preorder for the WiiU version in. Was hyped to buy a switch yesterday but then I remembered I'm broke and that I bought a Vita at launch and that didn't work out too well..

Hopefully the Wiiu version isn't too different. I'm ready for a new Zelda!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I'm going to feel so bad when I roll a burning barrel down a cliff at some Moblins and blow up my dog by mistake.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

mastajake posted:

Divine beasts in 4 directions, eh?

Looks like the 4 guys in either corner, the little glimpses of them in the trailers really remind me of Shadow of the Colossus which mixed with Austin Walker saying the game reminds him a lot of Dragon's Dogma has me hyped as hell.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I dropped into my local GS and nabbed a collectors ed. of TP for a nice smooth 40 euros. Took my Wiiu out of a drawer and all.

2 things, woah the WiiU pad's screen can get super gross and dusty, and also when did the WiiU Vc get Skyward Sword and the DS Zeldas?? I think you can play every Zelda now between the Wiiu and 3ds legitimately except for 4 Swords?

Also I'm about 20 mins into TP and I forgot all about herding goats and doing nothing for like a year at the start of this game.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Wait doesn't Phantom Hourglass need you to blow into a mic and shut the Ds?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Nephzinho posted:

You need to have been a 3DS Ambassador to get Minish Cap.

Yeah I ended up with the WiiU version instead. Which I don't mind because that game looks really nice on the pad\tv

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Where does this Zelda fit in the Kingdom Hearts timeline? Between 2.8888888 and 2.88889 I think

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
King of Red Lions was cool as heck

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
http://gematsu.com/2017/02/legend-zelda-breath-wild-guard-trailer

New trailer.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
WW Link is one of my absolute favorite Links. They really used the cartoony design as an excuse to make him super expressive

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Y'all are forgetting his last Canon appearance

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Yeah god I hate when a giant tree has characterisation

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I paid off my preorder on the WiiU version today. I can't wait!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Cojawfee posted:

No, I want it to rain all the time.

It can't rain all the time

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
The Legend of Zelda: Grapple a Gannon, Slay a Skulltula, Climb a Cucco, Pitch a Pig

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

I wanna hug Lonely Arrow Girl.

Let me hug every npc Nintendo please

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Wendell posted:

She wants more than hugs, bro! You're not very good at reading signals.

More than a hug?! Do I have to carry her arrows to class now? She's smothering me!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Wendell posted:

"It me"? I don't get why that's funny. I guess memes have left me behind.

The joke is he's basically posting :same:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

PerrineClostermann posted:

We're safe for now, seems the game needs an update to run.

Is that capture or did I miss there being a WiiU emulator??

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Dehry posted:

There's a Wii U emulator and there's a piracy app that downloads direct from the Wii U servers. The games even run on Wii U without exploits if they were on disk.

Holy gently caress Nintendo, why are you so bad at this???

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

El Burbo posted:

Twink Link

:swoon: He is very pretty..

Ahem anyway, here's someone loving around with the physics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXelBLFkfiI

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Gorgolflox posted:

got 25 seconds in, those dudes are not very tolerable

edit: Zelda doesn't have achievements so what are they hunting?!?!?

You missed the fun thing they did!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
It's actually from the timeline in MM were the Moon fell.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
This game I haven't played is objectively worse than this amazing game that came out the morning I wrote this email, HOW DARE U!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Calaveron posted:

So you get your shield and stalfos arm and pants and get past the equivalent of the prologue. North, South, East, or West?

Go left

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
That Skull lake is definitely something I want to check out early.

Map/starting area spoilers? From what I've seen from some early videos the area you're stuck on is up north, so legging it South-East to Skull lake early might be easy.

Edit: gently caress ignore me, I got the location totally wrong haha

I've taken friday off, and even so I've been so restless with hype that I've done a heap of work in the two days I've been in this week. I'm really glad for it because otherwise this week would CRAWL along. I've also been getting up earlier all week in an attempt to tire myself out by tomorrow night so I'm not like some bloody child and actually sleep. I think the last time I was this excited for anything was MGS5 and I think I slept for like 3 hours the night before release! I know I'm going to wake up at 6am on friday and go nuts until the Gamestop down the road opens up too

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Mar 1, 2017

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
If you've 9gb free on your WiiU and the extra funds you could always cancel your physical copy and download it. I dunno how everyone else's internet is though

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Giant Bomb's stuff is up

http://www.giantbomb.com/reviews/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-review/1900-760/
There's a 1:39 quicklook up there so look out for spoilers

Also Dan gave it 5 stars

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Harrow posted:

I don't know if anyone is far enough to know this yet, but I'm okay being spoiled on this aspect of the gameplay (though ideally not story): how is the Master Sword handled in this?

Do you get to wield it at all? Is it only available in certain fights? Does it have durability? I'm really curious how something like that works in a system designed around mostly-disposable weapons.

From what I've seen so far:
Yeah and it seems like you can find it at different times? No it looks like you can use it whenever, but it does have durability and it seems like it regens itself. No idea about the rate or how it compares to late game weapons or anything

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

The Walrus posted:

also as much as "dark souls of" is overused this is literally zelda dark souls. they did it. get hype.

I've been getting a team Ico vibe from it. It might be the muted colours and the sounds of the wind.

Either way this seems dope as gently caress.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

The Walrus posted:

hm that would make my constant jumping instead of attacking on the pro controller a little easier to manage, good call

aesthetically and even maybe thematically sure, very much so. but in terms of gameplay - both the actual minute to minute game play as well as the overall design philosophy - its dark souls.

I would rather it be aesthetically like SOTC and Ico and mechanically DS, than the other way around. Could you imagine super bleak Zelda?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
If you missed a certain quest on the plateau you can get the reward at the old man's hut were you found his diary

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I played this from 10am to midnight last night. Now I have to go to my stupid job that I love and also celebrate my brother's 21st birthday after, who I also love but I might like this game slightly more than both... combined..

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
So because I figured this would be such a broad experience and because I've always wanted to tbh I've been taking notes while I play in a little notebook. Just littlw observations like what ingredients to mix, some notes on puzzles and where I found some stuff. I've a small personal questlog too for some places to look for and some other things to try, because I'm bored as gently caress in work and I can't deal with it.

I'm also curious about how everyone is finding/figuring out cooking. I'll spoil it just in case actually

So how I think it works is the more food items you throw in the more hearts each dish produces and then more again if you mix ingredients but I haven't made any massive dishes yet just a mix of one or two ingredients.

With seasoning I think the more seasoning you add the longer or stronger the buff effect is. So you could cook really potent spicy apples with one part apple four parts chilli.
I for some reason never tried mixing seasoning to see if you can get multiple buffs per dish but I know buffs dont stack when eating seperate dishes.

So you could make food that heals a lot buffs a lot or go halves on ingredients I think?

I think elixers work similarly, but i have no idea if using multiple monster parts or multiple..uh regents lets say, changes anything. If it works like condiments the regent sould decide how strong a buff you get is but then what do monster parts do? Are some of them just better paired with certain regents or are they literally just bases for elixers with no real effect?

Cooking and eating has been a ton of fun so far. My map is like 90% pot markers for cooking fires and even though I've been cooking like crazy I still feel pretty far from being a Hylian Gourmand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Loopoo posted:

drat. I'm gonna have to ride all the way back to Dueling Peaks to register this horse. I've fallen for him and really don't wanna lose him. I'm too scared to go into a shrine cause I feel like he'll despawn.

I did this last night with a horse that turned out to be poo poo. Siiigh.
What's worse is if found a stable neaer were I caught him about 20 minutes later.