Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

Maybe 8 months ago we got a new cleaning guy at work, at first he started calling me Nick. I didn't correct him because Nick was standing there and we thought it was funny, figuring that eventually someone would set him straight. That never happened and now here we are 8 months later and he legitimately thinks that is my name, he calls after 'Nick' in the hallway and I turn and answer to him, we've had entire conversations with him referring to me as Nick. Is there any way I can come out of this situation not looking like an enormous rear end in a top hat now?

Help me GBS you are my only hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

sounds like your only option is to transition and legally change your name, and have him call you by that name

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
he already knows and is just loving with u

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
I'm impressed that you speak Spanish, op.

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS
Tell him you've had an identity crisis and that you are Pete now.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
nick this is your coworker, your name has always been nick, you're having a mental breakdown

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

Orkin Mang posted:

he already knows and is just loving with u

I have considered this, and I think it is the best and most hilarious outcome.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

tell him you actually prefer Nicholas

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Tectonis posted:

Maybe 8 months ago we got a new cleaning guy at work, at first he started calling me Nick. I didn't correct him because Nick was standing there and we thought it was funny, figuring that eventually someone would set him straight. That never happened and now here we are 8 months later and he legitimately thinks that is my name, he calls after 'Nick' in the hallway and I turn and answer to him, we've had entire conversations with him referring to me as Nick. Is there any way I can come out of this situation not looking like an enormous rear end in a top hat now?

Help me GBS you are my only hope.

Just fire him and get another one. Cleaning people are disposable too.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I forget how Chandler dealt with this in that episode but without a doubt it was cooler and zannier than whatever you'll do

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
have a sex change and correct the man sayin ur new identity is "Nicole"

might be ur only option if u dont want to be a total rear end im afraid. gl

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

nick this is your coworker, your name has always been nick, you're having a mental breakdown

That can't be true, I have never been caught taking shirtless selfies in the secret/abandoned bathroom.

Have I???

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS
Your name's TOBY

*cracks whip*

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

Professor Shark posted:

I forget how Chandler dealt with this in that episode but without a doubt it was cooler and zannier than whatever you'll do

If you aren't going to help me could you at least post some PAWGs to cheer me up?

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
how do you even let it get to this point OP

you really ought to take some time to reflect

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
if you ever had a conversation with him that lasted longer than a few minutes, you would have already brought this up with him. so if the only interaction you have with him is briefly pausing in the hallway, then you can afford to be called nick for one minute a day.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
have sex with him; only way to solve this

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Tectonis posted:

If you aren't going to help me could you at least post some PAWGs to cheer me up?

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
dare thinks i am a girl named "Megan", its kind of awkward. i feel your pain nick

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

haha. rad.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

did you hear that the little circus midget that used to run around in the Alf suit for the full body shots on the show passed away?

very sad, he was amazing. :rip:

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

JiveHonky posted:

dare thinks i am a girl named "Megan", its kind of awkward. i feel your pain nick

he thought I was his ex "k8" after I followed him for a few threads to harass him.

welfare gets paid at the end of june, so I guess that's when we can expect more dare threads.

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

Airborne Viking posted:

if you ever had a conversation with him that lasted longer than a few minutes, you would have already brought this up with him. so if the only interaction you have with him is briefly pausing in the hallway, then you can afford to be called nick for one minute a day.

I have, he told me all about his gambling problem and alluded to owing some shady people money. Our previous cleaning was Puerto Rican but this new one is American which is actually really weird.

Airborne Viking posted:

he thought I was his ex "k8" after I followed him for a few threads to harass him.

welfare gets paid at the end of june, so I guess that's when we can expect more dare threads.

Wasn't he just burning his time until he went to jail for rape?

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

kill yourself and print out the op as your suicide note, it is the only option

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Sorry buddy, some secrets you just have to take to the grave. :kiddo:

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Airborne Viking posted:

its nice to finally meet u k8, heard so much about you!

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Real talk pull the guy aside and tell him you aren't Nick. You just froze up on correcting him and felt awkward ever since. It's that easy. If he asks why you waited so long just tell him you are socially awkward and didn't know how to.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

JiveHonky posted:

did you hear that the little circus midget that used to run around in the Alf suit for the full body shots on the show passed away?

Alf dead. so what

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

JiveHonky posted:

I hope he was salty and mean to children

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/13/entertainment/alf-actor-dies/index.html

quote:

Meszaros wore a full-body suit to portray the alien wiseguy "ALF," which was sometimes portrayed by a puppet. The character was voiced by another actor, Paul Fusco. The NBC series ran four seasons.
Meszaros was born in Hungary and joined Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey circus in 1973. He performed for U.S. presidents Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan and became friends with Michael Jackson after Jackson saw him performing, said Varga.

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
How often do you interact with your cleaning dude? Who gives a gently caress.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Tectonis posted:

That can't be true, I have never been caught taking shirtless selfies in the secret/abandoned bathroom.

Have I???

Nick that was the lobby!! Didn't you wonder why people told you to stop making GBS threads in the fountain!?

10-1 odds MJ tried to gently caress the midget

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

Tectonis posted:

I have, he told me all about his gambling problem and alluded to owing some shady people money. Our previous cleaning was Puerto Rican but this new one is American which is actually really weird.
What? That's the perfect time to bring it up! "Hey, this is going to sound like a Seinfeld moment, but..."

Tectonis posted:

Wasn't he just burning his time until he went to jail for rape?
Part of me wants to believe he didn't do it because his ex is just as batshit crazy as him, but here's hoping!

JiveHonky posted:

its nice to finally meet u k8, heard so much about you!
Tom, I don't get why your brother told me your dad didn't like Angela. He was pretty insecure about it and hurt. I can understand it. She did have the nickname Slagathor (not from me) after all. Though she is a bit zealous, wild, and agro, those are mostly traits she got from being an Alberta girl and a French Canadian. She's not going to change those aspects of herself but if she got gassed with some kind of hallucinogen she'll be fine.

I'm really enjoying the mild neural implants you put in me when I was in the emergency. And I understand and remember everything that happened. This still leaves the question of money for both YOU and ME and MASE.

Pat can not get the ALL the women and ALL the money in this adventure, and I suppose that's why I've been contracted in.

Mostly though manyak is pretty hurt by all of this, so I'm going to be sticking it out with him and our agreement that was on discord about a month ago.

@caro_ witnessed this and gave it her okay.

Kasia is pretty hosed from all of this, so we're all hoping she doesn't off herself suddenly when the drugs/mania spell from bipolar wears off.

Her family needs to watch her closely. Especially if she gets charged.

It is probably in her best interests to quagmire the whole assignment/operation whatever word you want to call it, forgive herself, and move forward in peace.

She wants to live the more blood for the blood god fantasy though so I suppose I'm a dead man walking or she's in for a real shock.

I hope people are watching out for her.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
A coworker was calling me Nelson for a few years until someone else got angry enough to correct him.

People have been mispronouncing my name for as long as I can remember :smith:

Wee Stubby Nublet
Nov 20, 2015

by Lowtax
Does your real name rhyme with "Nick"? Could it be... oh, I dunno... perhaps something like ahhh... is your name actually DICK, by any chance? I think maybe the whole " cleeaner" scenario is just cunning subterfuge, a clever ruse, whereby you wanted to ask us for help in not looking like a dick since your name is actually dick and you look like one every day, but were too embarrassed to tell us that. *nods, on top of the situation*

The jig is up, OP... or DICK, I should say!!

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

Wee Stubby Nublet posted:

The jig is up, OP... or DICK, I should say!!

My Dick is up :smuggo:

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Why in earth would you talk to a janitor in the first place? The guy scoops shitters for a living, God knows what's living under his fingernails.

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

How often do you interact with your cleaning dude? Who gives a gently caress.

My old boss left a few months ago and now I get to handle his stuff like building maintenance but with no additional pay. :shrug:

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Legally change your name to Nick, problem solved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wee Stubby Nublet
Nov 20, 2015

by Lowtax

Foreskin Problems posted:

A coworker was calling me Nelson for a few years until someone else got angry enough to correct him.

People have been mispronouncing my name for as long as I can remember :smith:

KneelSon? Is that you piping up there? I thought i recognized you, but couldn't put a face to the posting. I suppose next you're gonna be saying how people have been misspelling your name for as long as you can remember, right? *rolls eyes*

Ha! Just stirring ya, Kneel Neilson *ruffles your hair*... you're alright in my book, man. :D

• Locked thread