Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
saberchicken
Jun 15, 2016
I prefer with Force gauge because that's the only way I've ever played. I'll get my discards in tonight.

EDIT: Actually, I'm fine with Special Action as well. Most people on SA seem to play Special Action.

Sent!

saberchicken fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jun 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saberchicken
Jun 15, 2016

ActingPower posted:

Let's stick with Special Action. That way, neither of us have to ante. So convenient!

In that case, can you link me the rule book for the set with Special Action?

I'd like to know how to activate each action, what each action means for me and my opponent, how to switch sides of my finisher (use Finsher with more than 7 HP?), and what actions take priority over others.

EDIT: Is there any way to get email/RSS notifications from bookmarked threads?

saberchicken
Jun 15, 2016
Nah, it's okay. I think pulse rearranges board and makes opponent discard pair, but doesn't advance counter. Cancel makes opponent discard pair and advances counter. Finisher is finisher unless you don't meet requirements -> you can choose to switch. Not sure what happens with special action priority though.

saberchicken
Jun 15, 2016
How to I use certain actions? IIRC, Strike/Dash = Finisher, Burst/Dash = Pulse, Shot/Grasp = Cancel?

saberchicken
Jun 15, 2016
Oops, that's what I meant. Sent in my pair last night.

saberchicken
Jun 15, 2016
I'll move left 1 so I'm at the center.

So if I take the last action in a beat, I should post the next Beat?

saberchicken
Jun 15, 2016
I'll retreat 1. drat, I'm getting rekt.

saberchicken
Jun 15, 2016

potatocubed posted:

I had a quick look at BCB to check nothing was going wrong there. Whoever's playing Kehrolyn forgot to put the game ID in the subject of their email.

Oops, sorry. No wonder there weren't any updates. I just resent my pair.

saberchicken
Jun 15, 2016
I'll advance 1 and take the turret shot.

saberchicken
Jun 15, 2016
I think like SoB, EoB resolves in order of Active -> Reactive player?

saberchicken
Jun 15, 2016
Yup, dash 3 and EoB retreat 1.

saberchicken
Jun 15, 2016
Oh wow, I didn't know you could move markers around too.

For pulse, I thought only your opponent's pair discards or is that cancel? I know for sure beat remains the same.

Regardless of whether or not my pair recycles, I'd like to do Kehrolyn | O | Aria | O | O | O | Both droids

EDIT: Kehrolyn in 1, Aria in 3, both droids in 7.

saberchicken
Jun 15, 2016

ActingPower posted:

Beat 7b

ARIA -- 20/20
Discard 1: Catalyst Shot
Discard 2: Dimensional Reconfiguration
Finisher: Laser Lattice
Droids deployed: Turret, Magneton

Kehrolyn Ross -- 12/20
Discard 1: Whip Shot
Discard 2: Exoskeletal Burst
Finisher: The August Strain

Where were we? All right, let's start again!

Did you discards recycle? I thought Catalyst Shot was just added to your discard 1.

saberchicken
Jun 15, 2016

ActingPower posted:

I cycled mine, but not yours. Isn't that right?

I think Pulse adds your current pair to discard 1 and doesn't cycle. also, cancel = both players put current pair in discard 1?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saberchicken
Jun 15, 2016

Mad Fnorder posted:

Pulse= Pulse-r doesn't cycle, Opponent does.
Cancel= Canceler picks up their base and discards their special action. Opponent dumps pair to Discard 1 (having 2 pairs there),.

Ah, my mistake. I was under the impression that both pulse and cancel added the opponent's current attack pair to Discard 1. I'll send my pair as soon as I'm less overloaded with work.

EDIT: Sorry for the delay, I've just sent in my pair.

saberchicken fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jul 10, 2016

• Locked thread