Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
some people deserve a padding to give them a sense of perspective OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

JiveHonky posted:

im not saying i didnt deserve my beatings, just that i'm pretty sure i didnt learn a sense of perspective or anything else from them.

you should have participated in the other form of corporal punishment, school fights

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

JiveHonky posted:

It sounds really cool to write on an internet forum but "powering up and going super saiyan to bring the flying fists of berszerker fury to the faces of your tormentors once you were pushed too far" wasn't a realistic option for me when I was bullied and beat up in high school. There were gangs and drug dealers and poo poo. I remember seeing some big muscle freak senior jumping and stomping on a kids head trying, I assume, to get the candy out the pinata. People would get hosed up like that fairly regularly. I was a skinny dork with sally jesse raphael glasses, not a tough guy. Its good that some of you cats could avenge yourselfs but like I said, that wasn't my circumstance.

In b4 getting called a beta bitch.
im sorry you missed out on the best part of school

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

spacetoaster posted:

I took my son's tablet PC away for an entire month once. It sat on the bar the entire time. I forget exactly what he did, but it was bad (lied about something important I think). I'm pretty sure that's the worst punishment I ever did to him (he's 7).

Now his older sister is another story. I'll withhold a shopping trip or movie night and you'd think I stabbed her in the chest with a steak knife.

write a book on how to raise millennials

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Roylicious posted:

This post is called Squidbillies

i hope your children end up better than your posting

but that's not a high bar to set

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

tenspott posted:

How is this thread still going when it has been proven multiple times that corporal punishment is the easiest, quickest, and most effective way to discipline children? Why are there so many people that hate facts? I bet the people who are against corporal punishment also think vaccines give autism or evolution is just a "theory". Lol

some people want their children soft and supple

• Locked thread