Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

CottonWolf posted:

That's exactly the character I'm going to be playing, full on, surrender and submit to Kyros' authority or die, lawful neutral. No fiddling decisions for personal gain, just dispassionate judgements.

nthing this approach, I feel like the 'moral dilemnas' in crpgs can often feel pretty shallow/arbitrary, hopefully this'll help mitigate that. I really enjoyed Pillars of Eternity, but that game/the promo material so far haven't given me a ton of faith that they'll manage poo poo like pleasure slaves or whatever the gently caress in a nuanced way...

I really want someone to take an approach from like Octavia Butler/Margaret Atwood/China Meiville on dealing with hosed up societies in sci-fi/fantasy settings. Or just get an author like that to write a game.

Either way, Torment seems like it'll be fun; the scroll/spell system looks great, feels like it's taking some inspiration from like the Elder Scrolls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

Jimbot posted:

Next game better be about you working for an all-powerful mysterious progressive ruler who is heavy into socialized programs where your objective is to convince the last bastion of rebels to accept single-payer and tuition-free college and green energy. Make sure it's ready for the next election, Obsidian!

Ready for Kyros. Seems like they subsidized law school for our erstwhile protagonist, so that's something.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

Some general chargen questions:

So, my understanding is that a mage wants to pump stats into finesse/quickness as well as lore and control X.

Should I also be worried about that other spell stat, like, am I loving myself over leaving it at 10 or 12 if I want to focus on magic?

Also, are there any conquest or like general early choices that are important to keep access to I.e. Fire spells? Like, say, if I I burned the fire mages to death am I locked out of fire magic?

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

Harrow posted:

During Conquest, pick the Fire sigil. The other choices there aren't that useful and the Fire sigil is extremely strong. You'll have another chance at getting them later but it's quite a bit later.

How do you pick the fire sigil in conquest? I missed it the first time round and want to start over anyway.

• Locked thread