Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Djokovic hasn't played since the French Open but Federer is an old man with a broken back and they're on the same side of the draw so eh maybe Murray will win

http://www.wimbledon.com/index.html

The most prestigious slam of the year begins Monday, June 27 and ends Sunday, July 10. Local time in London is 5 hours ahead of U.S. Eastern Time.

TV coverage begins 7 a.m. Eastern every day on ESPN with streams of every TV court on WatchESPN. The Wimbledon app and website also offer excellent radio/video streams.

Draws

Top 8 Men's Betting Favorites (Ladbrokes)
N Djokovic 8/11
A Murray 5/2
R Federer 12/1
M Raonic 14/1
S Wawrinka 20/1
N Kyrgios 20/1
D Thiem 40/1
K Nishikori 50/1
M Cilic 50/1

Top 8 Ladies' Betting Favorites (Ladbrokes)
S Williams 6/4
G Muguruza 5/1
M Keys 10/1
P Kvitova 12/1
A Radwańska 22/1
C Vandeweghe 22/1
A Kerber 25/1
S Halep 28/1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUj5CNKEKo4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
I am looking forward to two weeks of Andrew Castle waxing lyrical about the magnificent roof and fawning over whoever's sitting in the royal box.

It'd be real nice if Murray won, and also if Petra won, but I fear she won't make it past Makarova to be honest. Although it's not like Makarova's particularly consistent either so who knows.

And Kyrgios v Brown in round two looks fun, hopefully that happens!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Does Fed have the most Wimbledons or is it still Sampras?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Ross Angeles posted:

Does Fed have the most Wimbledons or is it still Sampras?
They both have 7.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

I'm hoping for Federer to pull one out of his hat to pass Sampras and to ruin Djokovic's chances of a calendar slam again. I have nothing against Djokovic but it would just be hilarious and I don't want another Murray/Djokovic final.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Players were amusingly asked about the terrible Brexit thing and Murray very wisely said nothing. Federer said the most neutral thing possible.

The Nike dress that got recalled is ridiculous. It's more of a negligee than something you would play sport in. Not Nike's first terrible kit this year either, the outfit Bouchard was wearing for the past few months was basically a long tank top.

Glare Seethe posted:

It'd be real nice if Murray won, and also if Petra won, but I fear she won't make it past Makarova to be honest.

Kvitova won't if she has another meltdown like the one she had this week at Eastbourne against Konta.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Sodium Chloride posted:

The Nike dress that got recalled is ridiculous. It's more of a negligee than something you would play sport in. Not Nike's first terrible kit this year either, the outfit Bouchard was wearing for the past few months was basically a long tank top.
In principle, it doesn't seem that bad...

Oh wait:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/1338887/page-3-girl-rosie-takes-tiny-nike-wimbledon-dress-for-a-spin-around-town/

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jun 27, 2016

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Ugh, it's 4am. Why am I awake? Tennis doesn't even start for 2 hours!

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Please not Djokovic and Serena...

Go, umm, the shadow of Roger Federer and that Spanish lass.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Vekic is wearing the Nike dress against Venus right now and it doesn't look like Nike made any alterations.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Nike sleepwear is so in this grass season

E: Seeing Ivanovic eliminated in the first round and not even being shocked.

Puckish Rogue fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jun 27, 2016

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Querry wins a long match against Rosol with 12-10 in the fifth. The umpire was probably sweating when it got to 10 all.

Mad Keys dumped the Nike dress for a basic top and skirt.

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013
I just pull for whoever is using a babolat cause I have one

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The funny thing is, it would have been less trouble with the slightly see-thru Nike dress had they not worn it at all, since they often practice with just the sports bra and shorts they're wearing underneath.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

ESPN is trying to get Trey Wingo to start covering Wimbledon for some reason.

During a highlights package, he called Mattek-Sands "Britney" twice and Ivanovic "Ivanisevic" twice, even after Chanda Rubin deliberately said "Ivanovic" like 8 times before giving the mic back, and then called it "the Wimbledon Championships" twice as well.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Jun 29, 2016

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

gently caress the rain :mad:

They should put a tarp over the top of Courts 2 and 3.

e: Men's doubles have been reduced to best of three for the first round at least. It should be that anyway.

Sodium Chloride fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jun 29, 2016

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Haha, Willis can't stop grinning. This will probably be a practice match for Federer but at least it'll have a fun atmosphere.

I'd probably be watching a different match if it wasn't raining, though. :argh:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Give all the tennis to Willis.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Muguruza looks like she's had some sleeping pills. Complete lack of energy and it's sad to see.

Xarthor
Nov 11, 2003

Need Ink or Toner for
Your Printer?

Check out my
Thread in SA-Mart!

Lipstick Apathy
Bouchard/Konta just started. Bouchard looks like she's coming out hard and fast, so we'll see how Konta holds up.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Konta giving a good account in the second set.

Xarthor
Nov 11, 2003

Need Ink or Toner for
Your Printer?

Check out my
Thread in SA-Mart!

Lipstick Apathy

Chas McGill posted:

Konta giving a good account in the second set.

:woop:

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Konjuh failed to serve out the match against Aga twice and then while chasing a drop shot stepped on the ball and rolled her ankle badly. Someone hates her.

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
Switched over to Aga v Konju after Konta won the 2nd set. Konjuh steps on the ball and twist her ankle at 7-7 in the 3rd. She's in tears.

Edit : me too slow :unsmith:

MTO starts now, she will try to continue

fancyclown fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jun 30, 2016

Quaternion Cat
Feb 19, 2011

Affeline Space
Yeah just tuned in and saw it - really heart breaking and some absolutely brutal slow motion replays. Dunno if she's gonna be ok... I'm guessing probably not but, wow.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Mastigophoran posted:

Yeah just tuned in and saw it - really heart breaking and some absolutely brutal slow motion replays. Dunno if she's gonna be ok... I'm guessing probably not but, wow.
She's hosed
e:She's trying her best but it's tough to watch

Chas McGill fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jun 30, 2016

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Sad ending to a good and tight match... but I'm glad Aga is through in the end. Konjuh played great other than when the nerves kicked in while serving for it. edit: And I guess the first set but I missed it.

Sway Grunt fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jun 30, 2016

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

I haven't seen Bouchard play this well for ages.

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
Yeah, well done by Konjuh but really happy that Aga is through.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Nick Kyrgios vs. Dustin Brown about to start. :getin: :gizz:

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

The FO curse of Ivanovic all over again. My heart cannot take it.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

Nick Kyrgios vs. Dustin Brown about to start. :getin: :gizz:

If Brown is on this is going to be so good.

edit: Haha are you serious. They managed three points.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Are Kyrgios and Brown going to get back into action soon?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

cmndstab posted:

Are Kyrgios and Brown going to get back into action soon?
Tarps are off, play to resume imminently.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

They've been back for 15 minutes actually, your stream might be behind? It's 3-3 now with Brown serving.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Del Po is back! :dance:

Disappointing from Stan. Just wasn't happening for him.

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
Delpo :love::love::love::love:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

pray for del pos wrist and backhand to be true

Xarthor
Nov 11, 2003

Need Ink or Toner for
Your Printer?

Check out my
Thread in SA-Mart!

Lipstick Apathy
S. Williams / McHale is on now. Serena is looking a little tense. And McHale is really taking it to her. We'll see if McHale has the energy to keep up this pace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buddy Holly
Oct 14, 2004

I am still determined to be cheerful and happy. Run along now.
Holy poo poo, sudden heavy shower on match point.

• Locked thread