Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

ArmZ posted:

djoko will break first and then murray will stay in and no one but brits will watch men's tennis and all the sponsor money will dry up

Djokovic strikes me as the type of guy who as soon as he is no longer in the top three or four players in the world competing consistently for grand slam titles will call it a day and retire. Murray I can see playing on tour at age 37 when he's no. 34 in the world or whatever because he's a tennis obsessive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

ArmZ posted:

djoko will break first and then murray will stay in and no one but brits will watch men's tennis and all the sponsor money will dry up

Also known as "the WTA method"

Quaternion Cat
Feb 19, 2011

Affeline Space
Yep there are the credits, and now some weird Andy Murray biopic at the intro to the BBC two coverage of the mixies.

Aaaand a repeat of his post match interview?

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe
Djokovic retires a few years before Murray, and magically Murray suddenly goes from 3 grand slams to 10 in like two years.

How on earth do you go 5-0 up in two consecutive tie breaks against someone who can serve like Raonic can? Are we absolutely certain he wasn't just serving against a brick wall?

Raonic I can see getting better and better. You could tell in the interview he really does want to be the best.

I think when I look back on this Wimbledon in years to come, my defining image will be Murray screaming at his box after every point like a drunk Ranger's fan in a stand off with the police. I find it ridiculously entertaining when he does that.

Quaternion Cat
Feb 19, 2011

Affeline Space
The Wimbleon grass champion competitionship is over for another year, our new wimbledoons have been crowned: nice tennising all around guys, see you next year!

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

That's stupid.

Do you think player meltdowns are just a series of unlucky die rolls or something

Happy for Andy, love that surly dick and don't know why

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I'm still mad that Big Fed decided to implode instead of teaching Murray a lesson in the final.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Josh Lyman posted:

Andy won't be British for too much longer :black101:

80+ years of hurt

Paperhouse posted:

Murray in a Wimbledon final is a deadly combination of wanting it more PLUS crowd factor. He's virtually unstoppable.

Home Crowd Advantage (the english.)

Raffles posted:

Looking forward to him making GBS threads the bed in the us final against big Novak in a few months.

After getting a shiny silver Olympic medal.

Mastigophoran posted:

The Wimbleon grass champion competitionship is over for another year, our new wimbledoons have been crowned: nice tennising all around guys, see you next year!

thank you for joining us in watching this funny badminton spin-off, friend

Puckish Rogue fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Jul 11, 2016

• Locked thread