Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

whats Cullen's story? I would love to have him back for another year if he'll do it for cheap. He's a great 4C

He said after the Cup win that he wasn't decided either way. If he re-signs, he'll be the 4c. If not, it will likely be Sundqvist.

Can't understate how much Cullen owned this year though. Had like 25% o-zone starts and still managed a positive Fenwick. Sundqvist looks like he'll be a nice little player too though. He had some pretty good games when he was in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Fuckin lol if the Isles let Okposo walk and turn around and sign Andrew god damned Ladd.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Eric the Mauve posted:

The AAV is standard bottom six money on the market, the fifth year kinda sucks and will make him harder to trade later, but that's not an outlandish contract.

e: This is why Matt Cullen isn't coming back to Pittsburgh unless he's willing to take a huge discount to do it, he'll only get a 1 year deal but on the open market, after the year he had in Pittsburgh, he's getting like $3.5M minimum and the Pens don't have the cap space.

He's not going to sign with someone else. He's 40 and he's not going to go uproot his kids again. If he signs with anyone, it will be Pittsburgh.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Levitate posted:

Oh and the Pens re-signed Sestito

Mission accomplished

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Probably gonna load up on guys like this on two-way deals and hope one of them can be a halfway playable 7th d

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
That Campbell deal is pretty good. Fuckin Chicago and their bullshit.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Look Around You posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if the penguins don't sign a single FA of note today, really. They keep almost their whole team going into next season.

Well they can't, unless they trade somebody. They have like 1 million of cap space. Cullen would be the only one I figured they'd go for and that's assuming he's okay with signing the same deal he was just on.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Pens got Warofsky back. He was pretty decent here, so I guess there's your #7 d.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

toxicsunset posted:

who the heck is #6

Derrick Pouliot until he inevitably gets benched when Warsofsky outplays him

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Eric the Mauve posted:

Also if Pouliot plays next year and is decent then they'll have to trade him or lose him in the expansion draft, since the Pens already have Letang, Dumoulin and Maatta to protect. So even if they actually like Pouliot now they might keep him buried in the minors one more year in the hopes Vegas ignores him

That doesn't work. AHL seasons count for the purposes of waivers.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Radulov and Therrien is a match made in heaven

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

yellowcar posted:

Zach Redmond signs with Habs for 2 years 1.225 per

Was he the guy that almost bled to death because he had an artery severed during practice?

He bleeds red, exactly the kind of player the Habs are looking for

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Habibi posted:

Oh pish posh he's fine. The term is fine. The cap hit is fine.

He's been a negative possession player his whole career, but he can score a bit I suppose

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Habibi posted:

Gonna go out on a real long limb here and suggest playing for Arizona and then Colorado may have had something to do with it.

Possibly, but it doesn't bode well that the past two years his linemates had better possession stats without him than with him.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Krime posted:

The longer Schultz doesn't sign somewhere, the more I think he's going to come back to Pittsburgh on the cheap for a "prove it" contract.

Unless Cullen chooses to sign with Pittsburgh, then there are basically 0 cap dollars to spend.

I imagine Cullen is their first choice, and if he goes to Minnesota then they'd try for Schultz.

I don't mind the look of the d as is though. Warsofsky is a perfectly acceptable 7th d and Pouliot needs to play. I wouldn't be completely opposed to Schultz coming back but I'm also happy with what we've got.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Mind_Taker posted:

I guess it just seems weird to me that guys like Versteeg and other decent wingers are overlooked around the league even though they will only command a 1 or 2 year deal at less than $2M. Meanwhile Andrew Ladd, with similar stats, gets a 6 year deal and Matt Martin (who is way worse) gets a 4 year deal.

Maybe there's something I'm missing.

Andrew Ladd is 6 3 and NHL gms are still morons

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Zodijackylite posted:

Ladd scored 25, Versteeg scored 15. I think there's less injury history, too.

Yeah but Versteeg will cost a few wheat pennies and Ladd got 7 years and way too much money

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Zodijackylite posted:

He's probably the best fourth liner you're going to find for less than the cost of an ELC.

They were also a little light on their rear end in a top hat quota with Shaw gone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

grack posted:

So.... Dave Nonis is the GM now, right? 'Cause otherwise none of this poo poo makes sense.

Carlyle is the coach

• Locked thread