Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011
Troy Brouwer is apparently expected to sign in Calgary, where he lives in the off-season.

Hope that means he's taking some kind of discount.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011

Wamsutta posted:

It is loving criminal how the Habs management have dismantled a speed and skill team and turned them into slow fat goons who play the Right Way, Jesus Christ

Vancouver did more or less the same thing to its 2011 team, and for mostly the same reasons.

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011

mennoknight posted:

Fully anticipating the flames overpaying for Brouwer today. As long as it's no more than 2 years, don't mind. Also, I heard Dennis Wideman may be nearing death?

Maybe we can move him to some team needing size on the blueline? The name might confuse them.

Dupont in Boston said that Wideman for Jimmy Hayes was a possibility? Despite what I've read about Hayes on here, I'd probably do that.

St. Dogbert fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Jul 1, 2016

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011
Brouwer to Calgary seems to be coming up among all the usual suspects now.

I'd do two years at $4 million, or three years at $3 million. Anticipating that the actual number will be higher, because July 1 WHEEEEEEE

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011
*11:59* Okay, we have to remember to be smart with this free agency season. We need to get the players we need at the price we want, and above all, we must avoid signing older players to boat-anchor contracts that will haunt us for years to *12:00* ZOMG BONER WANK SPOOGE

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011

VJeff posted:

Brouwer gets 4 x 4.5 from Calgary.

Given what everyone else seems to be getting... yeah, that's about right.

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011
What I like is that Calgary improved their goaltending, while reducing the cap hit at that position. Elliott and Johnson come in at a total of $4.2 million next year; Ramo and Hiller provided the NHL's worst goaltending in 2015-16 for a cost of $8.3 million.

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

Radulov's character concerns are completely fabricated.

So were Subban's, and they ran him out of town on a rail anyway.

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011

Twin Cinema posted:

I didn't miss any of these deals, I just couldn't say anything about them other than "They're bad."

I liked the Johnson deal.

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011
I wouldn't want Russell back at anywhere close to that price, but he's a good bottom-pairing defenseman who stepped up big-time in 2015 after Giordano got hurt. I suppose it's by virtue of that year's performance that he's going to get paid now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011

Mind_Taker posted:

Is there a reason Kris Versteeg isn't signed yet? I thought he was pretty good with Carolina and LA last season and he'd be a perfect fit in the middle six for less than $2M I'm sure.

I can see Calgary grabbing another RW on the cheap, but the Gaudreau and Monahan extensions need to be done before anyone else can be brought in.

• Locked thread