Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Here is the free agent thread. Please talk about the free agency stuff in here, and the not free agency stuff in the News/Views threads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Congratulations to Minnesota for signing the first >10 million dollar UFA deal that isn't crap.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

I would guess that's a two-way contract, 600K at the NHL level, 300K at the AHL level

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

I'm really excited for Montreal to announce that Shea Weber's leadership let them be confident that they had the locker room to bring in and control Radulov.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Blech. Simply needless.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

At least the magnitude of the deal is small, but between him and Komarov the Leafs gonna have an expensive and unmovable fourth line.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

fits posted:

year of the signing bonuses

When's the next CBA/lockout?

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

I guess I can understand bringing back Polak since they got two seconds for him at the deadline, but I'm not thrilled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

DuhSal posted:

The Leafs have gone away from what they were doing last year a bit and it's kinda scary and annoying. I wonder if this was the plan all along (adding size and grit) or what ('cause they won't shut up about having a plan).

I think it's fair to be uncomfortable with what they're doing. The draft was weird, but at least it was clearly informed by some sort of plan and analysis. Giving term for Martin, bringing back Polak, and apparently being in on Russell, on the other hand, doesn't seem to have the same apparent justification. Even if Polak is someone to dump at the deadline, until then he'll be taking ice time from someone who could actually be in the future of the Leafs (Corrado, Marincin). Martin and apparently Russell come with four year price tags, on the other hand, which are very committal moves. Martin, I guess, is at least apparently very good at suppressing shots against and therefore fits with the way that Babcock likes to organize his lines ("checkers" distributed through the lineup instead of an isolated cheaking line), but Russell is just crap.

So, like, this isn't a Dave Nonis catastrophe or anything, but if Lou turns out to have a bad run for the Leafs we'll be pointing to these moves as the start of it.

• Locked thread