Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

salt-induced orgasm in the mouth

kalstrams posted:

Swedes can't recognise a sauna even if they are sitting in it.

No idea what a sauna is. Totally unrelated I enjoy steaming in a nice toasty bastu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

kalstrams posted:

The real question is if you insist on wearing underwear in it.

I only wear beer in the bastu.

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

MP has like 2,8% or something in the latest polls lol. They hosed up.

edit: And Fridolin is the least popular party leader?

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

BigglesSWE posted:

Jobbade två år för Stockholms Lokaltrafik. Du må tro hur mycket skit jag fick höra där....gärna med invandrande kollegor i samma rum. :cripes:

Sköterskor på sjukhuset i Malmö vill ha en "ny Hitler" för att "rensa upp", och dom var invandrare själva.

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

Wild Horses posted:

länka tack! skulle vara intressant att läsa om

börjar för övrigt salivera när jag ser din avatar

Nä alltså det är vad jag hört på plats... Fikarumssnack.

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

lilljonas posted:

I bike past the super scary dealers 2-4 times every week. They look far more bored than scary, which is hardly surprising since they stand outside in awful Nordic weather all evening and night, every night. Big deal. Malmö is far less scary if you live here: a lot of the "scary streets" are literally a strip of about a hundred metres in a suburb, and the killings are almost exclusively organized criminals killing each other. Sure it sucks for the people living on those specific streets, but it is hardly a post-apocalyptic wasteland. The scaremongers are almost always people who never even visited Malmö.

However, the pushers moved on lately, and I haven't seen them the last couple of weeks.

The typical 'flashbacker' view of Malmö would be hilarious if it weren't a sort of canary of the zeitgeist. According to flashback all noble Swedes must keep their eyes on the ground in submission when walking the streets of Malmö, lest they be attacked by their mohammedan overlords.

Not that Malmö isn't the Kung of Skitstäder. Just not in that way.

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

There is also an old Lund in todays Uppåkra that is supposedly almost 2k years old and at least 8 times the size of Birka, and larger than Hedeby was, making it the largest pre-medieval settlement in Scandinavia iirc. It's almost unheard of for some reason.

Fox Cunning fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Dec 13, 2016

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

C is the new MP, they will shatter when in contact with the real world.

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

MiddleOne posted:

Come on, you can dislike Annie Lööf for her batshit politics all you want but unlike Åsa and Fridolin she actually managed to reach the finish line during the last election without imploding voter confidence in her party.

True, but if she's the new queen all eyes will be on her and she won't stand in Reinfeldts and Borgs shadow. Confidence is bad if you're crazy.

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

Yeah the whole point that everything is fine as long as it is less deadly than traffic probably isn't the best way to fight racism...

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

I'm on the train to Malmö atm pray for me

Btw having been through basically the entire Malmö hospital in my edumacation the last years, the resource intensive patients are by far the elderly, followed by addicts. The troubles stem from understaffing. Not that immigration doesn't put more burden on it but if anything it is another straw on an already heavily loaded back.

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

I've seen a few Swedish pensioneers collecting cans from the trash lately though, wasn't the case a few years ago. Sweden is still in a very good state, but it's the trend people are worrying about.

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

Imagine how ugly the area would have been if they started to build there like in the 60s or something though.

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

throw to first drat IT posted:

Why is Systembolaget trying to convince EU that Finns cannot handle aqua vitae and that given chance, we would consume all alcohol we can get our hands on?

Yes.

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

Wild Horses posted:

För övrigt är de nya pengarna både vulgära och populistiska. We should change back :sweden:

Detta.

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

Rust Martialis posted:

You only do 3 year Engineering degrees?

Civil engineers do 5 years iirc.

Bachelor-masters-PhD can theoretically be done in 9 years, 3+2+4.

edit: a bachelors is 3 years or 180 points (30/semester), masters 120 points, civil engineer 300 points. You could get a bachelors in engineering in three years I guess.

Fox Cunning fucked around with this message at 15:06 on May 31, 2018

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

Postorder Trollet89 posted:

Bachelor is 90pts in Sweden, Master 120 and PHD studies are paid research/teaching positions where the time spent to get one can vary. To qualify for a PHD position you need 240 points, 4 years, whereas 60 of those have to be at a master level.

Most programs that include a bachelor degree are 180pts, but half of those are typically professional skills or so that are outside the degree.

I've never heard of a 90 point bachelors, and I technically have three. I guess they might exist, though they shouldn't.

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

Sweden's probably gonna go further than Denmark, in due time. Wouldn't surprise me at least.

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

It's crazy how much the polls differ.

No idea which one is closest to the truth, different polling methods have different strengths and weaknesses that might skew the results. I guess we'll know in a few days.

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

Now the Alliance is foisting the idea that if S doesnt support the Alliance, S is forcing them to rely on SD

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

McCloud posted:

Wait, what?

"Help us with our agenda or you will force us to work with the nazis"?

That's my take on it at least.

From their point of view they are clearly the larger alternative, so they are the obvious candidate to base a government around, so either S supports them or SD does. Therefore it would be very irresponsible of S to give SD influence by not cooperating, and thus making it S's fault that SD gains influence through the alliance.

Rather devious.

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Not even their own voters are going to believe that though

Lol no. But is it enough of a veneer to rule with the help of SD despite saying that they wouldn’t? Their voters won’t accept them not deposing S either, so which bitter pill do they swallow? The one where they get power or the one where they don’t? Since it’s not impossible that up to around half their voters want them to be supported by SD (talking out of my rear end here, but i recall a majority of M and KD voters claiming this in polls), it might be an easier sell than squandering their chance to power.

So the voters might turn a blind eye and believe it if it gives them the government.

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

C are neo-randians, who could trust them

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

So to put it probably too stupidly simple, C has a choice between more humanism and less capitalism, or less humanism and more capitalism. Can we really expect them to choose what might be a but a polling strategem over their true dark master?

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

Collateral Damage posted:

Sounds good. I'm in favor of reinstating the monarchy.

Might as well at this point.

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

Yeah we should probably change the system with open valsedlar tbh. Kinda not good enough.

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

F! Also lost 2,6%, making the wider left lose 5,6%, though it makes less of a difference since they were hidden outside of parliament.

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

The obstacle, but also opportunity for uniting Scandinavia is Stockholm. It pretty much personifies what Scandinavia hates about Swedes. Everyone who isn't from sthlm hates the place on some level. Basically I think Scandinavia could be built on a anti-Stockholm platform.

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

Yeah. It's just not a chill place and I can't see the other nations ever accepting it being the centre of power.

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

Palme shot first

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

Biomute posted:

I mean, a cynic might suggest that all the back and forth was just damage control so that they will have a certain number of people going "well, at least they held out an impressively long time" when they inevitably work with SD.

Yeah. This was what I thought on election night at least. I'm not sure that we're getting SD-supported M/alliansen yet though but I don't see a likelier alternative either.

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

Katt posted:

She was a straight haired brunette before she saw Bildt without his human disguise on.

That picture immediately made me think Medusa

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

Jämställdhetsmyndigheten is getting axed as well.

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

No they are genius level "the jews are using the muslims to destroy white nations" iirc.

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

:ck5:

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

Both the red-green and alliance blocks were killed to create a very shaky centre-right neoliberal Macronoid block.

edit: My thinking is that this is the sort of middle politics that already has been out of favor for a while and will inevitably lead to a shift to the populism de jour.

Fox Cunning fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Jan 12, 2019

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

My boss/chief medical doctor wears a suit every day (no scrubs at our clinic). It works with his personality and profession. Kind of a very not typical situation though. Suits are definitely not the usual professional attire i Sweden.

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

Current crimes threads on flashback can be incredible. Oh, the perpetrator had white shoes? Obviously an immigrant then, that proves it right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

PederP posted:

Yes, but we also enforced it by banning gatherings above 10 people, closing restaurants, school, daycares and tons of other things. The communication part of the Swedish strategy is fine. I agree it's essentially the same strategy in that regard. But Sweden failed to put down the iron boot of government to get a good headstart, so now you're in a lovely place where you need to do more to get Rn below 1.

We got lucky with our headstart and can actually start to reopen stuff now. I think it's going too quickly, but hey's that me. The pessimist.

I’m a doctor i Skåne and it is surprisingly stable here and has been for several weeks, with 20-30 something mostly 80+ deaths last time I checked. Things have stayed open since this all started and people, though to a lesser degree than before, are out and about. This is after more than a month since the first confirmed cases here. Catastrophe has yet to materialize. If anything I’m worried that Denmark opening the border will gently caress our deal up.

Edit: of course schools and workplaces are ”distanced” as far as possible and the trains are noticeably thinned out. A lot has changed, maybe enough.

Fox Cunning fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Apr 16, 2020