Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The base MGSV gameplay is so good that survive will almost certainly be real fun to play with buds, but it stands for wicked things that I hate deeply.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Metal Gear Survive would be ok if it took place in the real timeline, and the enemies were people and not zombies, and the focus was on stealth instead of survival and crafting- basically I'd be fine with it if it wasn't anything at all like it actually is, and was a completely different game instead.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Survive is a day one preorder for me for sure. Never really liked Metal Gear, was more of a CoD man personally. I like shooting poo poo bang bang and getting MOABs, not sneaking around like a bitch and listening to BORING rear end custecnes about politics and society and boring rear end poo poo like that that makes no sense anyways. Thats why I like MGSV, they cut way back on the plot so we can get to the action,jackson. I hella love that. Then you add mothafuckin' ZOMBIES into the mix? poo poo, son. It be just like my other favourite game, COD ZOMBIES, so yeah,mday one preporde for me for sure. Feels good to finally be a metal gear fan now they fixed the series and removed all the boring crap.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Survive is a day one preorder for me for sure. Never really liked Metal Gear, was more of a CoD man personally. I like shooting poo poo bang bang and getting MOABs, not sneaking around like a bitch and listening to BORING rear end custecnes about politics and society and boring rear end poo poo like that that makes no sense anyways. Thats why I like MGSV, they cut way back on the plot so we can get to the action,jackson. I hella love that. Then you add mothafuckin' ZOMBIES into the mix? poo poo, son. It be just like my other favourite game, COD ZOMBIES, so yeah,mday one preporde for me for sure. Feels good to finally be a metal gear fan now they fixed the series and removed all the boring crap.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mothershitting Zombies bitch.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Chapter 3 coming soon

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

this is actually kojima's biggest mindfuck yet and he still works at konami and survive is actually chapter 3

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fuckmothering zombies ftw!

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

BBJoey posted:

this is actually kojima's biggest mindfuck yet and he still works at konami and survive is actually chapter 3

I believe this.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
why is this happening to us?

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

When I first read the bit about Survive being about the MSF survivors in the aftermath of Ground Zeroes I got excited because my mind automatically created this stealth survival game where you like steal the supplies you need to survive from beneath XOF's nose while scavenging their gear and avoiding their death squads that are actively hunting you down. But before the sentence had ended it was going on about alternate realities and crystal zombies.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I don't know if you actually followed the plot, but MGS V was entirely about zombies. They were the plot.

Hypocrisy is something that has always been a core element of Kojima's work.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
I will probably get the new metal gear

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
I once beat the end in 42 seconds after multiple crack rocks and attempts which was probably the highlight of my teen years welp that's my story thanks.

queef anxiety fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Sep 19, 2016

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

woah buddy. no drugs except crack in the Imp Zone thanks.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

woah buddy. no drugs except crack in the Imp Zone thanks.

Phew all fixed thanks man close one

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Brinner posted:

I once beat the end in 42 seconds after multiple crack rocks and attempts which was probably the highlight of my teen years welp that's my story thanks.

Brinner hosed around with this message at Sep 19, 2016 around 5:45 AM

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

BBJoey posted:

They asked him and Yoji Shinkawa about it at TGS during the death stranding show and they poo poo all over it. He's a master of manipulation

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Apparently death stranding is gonna be a wide open action/stealth game too btw. So he's just gonna make offbrand MGSV sequels FTW

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Apparently death stranding is gonna be a wide open action/stealth game too btw. So he's just gonna make offbrand MGSV sequels FTW

I Love Kojima

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

can't wait to fulton some babies

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt
its gonna have dark souls style online or twitch plays integration

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

can't wait to fulton some babies

I'm going to fulton dead whales to my custom nude beach graveyard

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Happy Peace Day!!

Please be sure to check in at the medical wing and listen to Love Deterrence.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

its so incredibly hosed up that kojima & friends can't use the fox engine they spent like 10 years making

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

GameCube posted:

its so incredibly hosed up that kojima & friends can't use the fox engine they spent like 10 years making

they dont need it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

GameCube posted:

If they spend another 6 years making an even better engine I won't really care

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

In Training posted:

If they spend another 6 years making an even better engine I won't really care

theyre going with an existing engine. with modern tech thell be able to make ue4 or whatever do exacly what they want

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Capntastic posted:

Happy Peace Day!!

Please be sure to check in at the medical wing and listen to Love Deterrence.

You know what that means boys... chapter 3 today

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

gently caress I missed my birthday

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Hate it hwen that happens

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
my birthday is a few days after new years, one time i celebrated both in animal crossing but then let my battery drain without saving. i couldnt go back for a while after that

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

gently caress I missed my birthday

is this what growing up is

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I just found out about this thread/Metal Gear July and feel sad I missed it :smith:

Every couple years I like to play the series in release or story chronological order, depending on my mood. The last time I did it led up to playing Ground Zeroes for the first time which was quite the experience. Should be fun to do it again by next July, though V is such a beautiful behemoth of a game it might take much longer to accomplish now.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah it's hard to slot V in because it takes longer than the rest of the series put together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

I spent last weekend hitting MGSV pretty hard and notched myself four percentage points closer to completion. I'm going to be playing this game for the rest of my life

• Locked thread