Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

If they spend another 6 years making an even better engine I won't really care

Stranding is being done in suckerpunch I think that's what it's called

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I'm thinking about MGSV:TPP today. It's an amazing game. Hope you are all having an amazing Friday :)

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I can't get over how great the camera and animations are in V, both in cutscenes and gameplay. Playing with no HUD, no marking, and no reflex is like a Rambo movie directed by Alejandro Inarritu. I would have loved some more interiors since the camera gets in real tight and makes it very tense.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I can't get over how great the camera and animations are in V, both in cutscenes and gameplay. Playing with no HUD, no marking, and no reflex is like a Rambo movie directed by Alejandro Inarritu. I would have loved some more interiors since the camera gets in real tight and makes it very tense.
V's basic gameplay is super polished. The series has always had so much attention to detail.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
It's crazy how refined everything is - controls, sound design, animations, and the sheer breadth and depth of gameplay. I can understand people being upset that there's not more of it - even though you could easily play for 100 hours before fatigue sets in - because what's there is so drat good.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wanted more levels like infiltrating Skullface's base but must of them are a tiny camp in a rural area or really spread out like the airport

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Larry Parrish posted:

I wanted more levels like infiltrating Skullface's base but must of them are a tiny camp in a rural area or really spread out like the airport

That's one of my only complaints. The oil facility was cool too though. Hopefully the next MG will have a bigger emphasis on base infiltration....

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Lumpy the Cook posted:

That's one of my only complaints. The oil facility was cool too though. Hopefully the next MG will have a bigger emphasis on base infiltration....

Maybe the zombies will have a big base to sneak into

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

OKB zero being one hallway and empty and retarded WAS the genius of MGSV see see see like Kojima WANTED us to "feel the phantom pain" right and and and and like minimalism and like uh uh viscerallness and and uhhh commentary on the "myth of the hero" and its actually really deep because uh-uh uhhhhh oh hey look over there quiets tits *wormholes out of the conversation*

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

just dl infinite heaven. mostly looking forward to enemy patrols and adjusting their vision. does it work well or will it be buggy and poo poo?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
What pissed me off most about MGSV more than the lack of story was the complete lack of interiors. MGS is at it's best when you're sneaking around inside big bases imo

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

rediscover posted:

What pissed me off most about MGSV more than the lack of story was the complete lack of interiors. MGS is at it's best when you're sneaking around inside big bases imo

Yea Thats the only part that pissed me off bigtime.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The weird part is the controls and camera were so good for it the few times you were inside too.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Did you do any Fob invasions? Because if you wanna peek around corners in cooridors and stuff that was perfect

Soral
May 30, 2009

i still have nightmares about trying to get through the stairs down to the farm on the support platform while invading

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
That part of Hellbound where you're near the loading bay for Sahelanthropus made it seem like there would be a big base to sneak around in later so I was bummed about that. If Konami was smart they would have cranked out Outer Ops DLC where you play as Diamond Dogs in small mission areas with a base.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

MeatwadIsGod posted:

That part of Hellbound where you're near the loading bay for Sahelanthropus made it seem like there would be a big base to sneak around in later so I was bummed about that.

Yeah I was getting all psyched up with breathing exercises and then it was worthless

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MeatwadIsGod posted:

That part of Hellbound where you're near the loading bay for Sahelanthropus made it seem like there would be a big base to sneak around in later so I was bummed about that. If Konami was smart they would have cranked out Outer Ops DLC where you play as Diamond Dogs in small mission areas with a base.

This

In Training posted:

Did you do any Fob invasions? Because if you wanna peek around corners in cooridors and stuff that was perfect

Ya but it Wasn't The Same

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

All of this stuff can be attributed to konamis impatience and newfound love of quarterly revenue targets... It took too long to make FOX, then they made him push out ground zeroes at a ridiculous price, then forced him out when he needed more time to finish what anyone can see is a broken storyline. Large outdoor areas are way easier to make & balance & test than a ton of tight corridors

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I want a wormhole to suck me up and drop me in the universe where Konami supported MGSV with 2 or 3 mission packs, each focused on a different ground zeroes style map centered on a big cool indoor enemy facility

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
instead of firing kojima and being a bad company, konami should have broken mgsv up into separate games. all of afghanistan in mgsv is bigger than most games by itself so just make each act its own game or have dlc for the other acts or something. not ideal but at least mgsv would have been perfect in every way instead of just 99% of the time, konami would make more money, andwe'd still be getting kojima metal gear content instead of zombies

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

hd remakes of mgs1-3 in fox engine please. I don't care if kojima is involved. don't care at all. just give them to me

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GameCube posted:

hd remakes of mgs1-3 in fox engine please. I don't care if kojima is involved. don't care at all. just give them to me

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I'd pony up for a Metal Gear 1 and 2 remake in the FOX Engine, but 2 and 3 already had excellent HD rereleases and 1 had a pretty good remake in Twin Snakes. I want Shoot Gunner and poisonous Zanzibar hamsters and Dr. Madnar choking out Solid Snake in the glorious FOX Engine.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I really do want to see the Running Man and Jungle Evil fights reimagined.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

I just want a pc port of mgs 3

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the fox engine is so good all I really hope is that it doesnt just go to waste

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I'd be surprised if it gets used for anything other than PES and more MGS shovelware at this point. I'm still bummed we never got a mission editor. I loved watching those old videos of KJP devs tooling around with the engine.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

apropos to nothing posted:

the fox engine is so good all I really hope is that it doesnt just go to waste

if its been done once then it can be copied. so at least other developers can play mgs5 and study it

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I've been playing v missions on subsistence and it's kinda hard since all the dudes have the riot gear and poo poo now. kinda hard to find any good poo poo in the field without taking forever

also turned up enemy day vision and turned off indicators which is really fun. it does feel much more cinematic without HUD poo poo.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Randomly found Twin Snakes at my local old games shop last night

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Now you can play as Innsmouth Look Snake instead of Blurry Lego Snake

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

i was watching the x-files and look who popped up:

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010