Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's really cool that things get so bizarre at the end of mgs2 that the "infinite ammo" part doesn't even register

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

one good thing about MGSV is that since it was made for casuals maybe thell pick up some other titles in the series and un cuck themselves with the philosophy thst Kojima put in the stories.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

one good thing about MGSV is that since it was made for casuals maybe thell pick up some other titles in the series and un cuck themselves with the philosophy thst Kojima put in the stories.

Timb Cuck

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

hahaha

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Timb Cuck

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

timb

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
Tim Cook I AM A loving MORON

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]
in my brain, mgs portable ops is canon !

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
[Tim and Eric voice] Timb

Edit: timb

gently caress!

Tim B. Tim-b. Timb Cuck.

:doh:

Timb Cuck

:rant:

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

ol yeller posted:

Tim Cook I AM A loving MORON

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

frank.club posted:

my brain can't rationalize where the Ray boss fight platform is on Arsenal Gear was when I was 11 and it can't now either

It's on the top, snake dives off the bow at the end

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNRuTnaRML0

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

I'm gonna play through Metal Gear 1 and 2 on MSX and MGS1-4. I don't think I'm gonna have the time for V in July and I'm still feeling a little burnt out on it anyway. I'll be playing on the hardest difficulty for each game, considering streaming / recording it....

I think I'm gonna play the Integral version of MGS1 so I can play it in first person:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDZKgpslxtU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Last year I got Big Boss ranking on mgs1

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Gonna start mgs4 again today because I can't wait two more days. I'm going to watch every single cutscenes and codec see you guys in August

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
After I finish V I'm going to go through the whole canon in release order

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Benny D posted:

Gonna start mgs4 again today because I can't wait two more days. I'm going to watch every single cutscenes and codec see you guys in August

I wanna play all of them and watch all the cutscenes but I'm gonna be extremely busy most of July so I may end up only playing 1 and 3.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I've only done the shagohod jeep chase sequence once ever and I can't wait to beat 3 again

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

mycophobia posted:

After I finish V I'm going to go through the whole canon in release order

That's how I always do it

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Do you include Metal Gear 1 and 2?

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

The colonel will be joining you soon enough... Comrade...

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

mycophobia posted:

Do you include Metal Gear 1 and 2?

Yep. I also play afterwards if I have time the non canon ones, because I grew up playing nes MGS and snakes revenge and then ghost babel and portable ops +. Last year I had time but this year I may not with how massive V is

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Benny D posted:

I've only done the shagohod jeep chase sequence once ever and I can't wait to beat 3 again
Every time I thought MGS3 was over there was more game, and it was amazing.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Black Baby Goku posted:

Yep. I also play afterwards if I have time the non canon ones, because I grew up playing nes MGS and snakes revenge and then ghost babel and portable ops +. Last year I had time but this year I may not with how massive V is

How's Ghost Babel hold up?? I remember playing it when it came out and liking it but I was a little kid. I also have a vague memory of a very similar Resident Evil spinoff game on GBC but I'm not sure if I'm just making that up

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

goferchan posted:

How's Ghost Babel hold up?? I remember playing it when it came out and liking it but I was a little kid. I also have a vague memory of a very similar Resident Evil spinoff game on GBC but I'm not sure if I'm just making that up

It's really fun and incredible what they did on a game boy color

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Konami made some really sick GB/GBC games during that period. Castlevania Adventure II is a top 3 Classicvania for me and there's also a good rear end Contra game on it.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

Konami made some really sick GB/GBC games during that period. Castlevania Adventure II is a top 3 Classicvania for me and there's also a good rear end Contra game on it.

Super C?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

goferchan posted:

Resident Evil Gaiden which is not very good

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Contra: The Alien Wars which is a different game than Contra III Alien Wars for the SNES

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wait sorry it's called Operation C. It's hard to google contra names because each game has 3 names for the 3 different regions

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

Wait sorry it's called Operation C. It's hard to google contra names because each game has 3 names for the 3 different regions

Yeah that game is awesome for a gameboy game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

When I do MGS1 I'm tempted to use a NG+ file with the stealth camo to see how quickly you can literally just run from point to point skipping everything. It's would basically just be boss rush mode.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wonder if anyone has ever gotten the absolute worst rank possible in MGS1

Complete game on Easy
Take over 18 hours to finish the game
Use more than 18 rations
Save over 80 times
Trigger more than 30 alerts
Kill over 250 guards

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

In Training posted:

Putting that on The List

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

I wonder if anyone has ever gotten the absolute worst rank possible in MGS1

Complete game on Easy
Take over 18 hours to finish the game
Use more than 18 rations
Save over 80 times
Trigger more than 30 alerts
Kill over 250 guards

The Chrysalis guy probably