Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NickRoweFillea posted:

Who's your favorite MGS boss?

Chrysalis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FactsAreUseless posted:

Everything about Ray is great. Rex is a tough boss, the game hypes this one up as making it obsolete, and then instead of fighting one, you fight something like 12 of them. The number even increases at higher difficulties.

It's twenty on European Extreme

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
my brain can't rationalize where the Ray boss fight platform is on Arsenal Gear was when I was 11 and it can't now either

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

It's on top of the whole ship but also Raiden is going insane so it looks like the Rays are just flying out of the abyss

yeah I didn't get the Nanomachines thing at all and I always assumed that the Rays were walking on part of the boat that was under water.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's really cool that things get so bizarre at the end of mgs2 that the "infinite ammo" part doesn't even register

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Evil Eagle posted:

The Chrysalis guy probably

I don't remember what my rank was but I played twin snakes before the ps1 version

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's cool that you can become a boss fight character with the right upgrades in V

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pablo Gigante posted:

10: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

It's not just the incredibly silly title that turns us off to this game. And we don't hate the change of pace -- Raiden's lightning quick sword skills make for a very fun distraction. But that's the keyword: distraction. Revengeance is a cartoony hack-and-slash game that strays away from what made the series great in the first place: the nuance in storytelling and gameplay. Where is the bigger message? It seems more like fanfare to us. Raiden was so badass in MGS4 that he left fans wishing he was a playable character (jokes on you, Raiden haters). But Kojima originally cancelled this game, and perhaps it should've stayed that way. Platinum Games did little with the opportunity they were given to comment on the aftermath of Metal Gear Solid 4 (Revengeance takes place 4 years after Solid Snake's final mission). Here was a golden egg: a chance to usher in a new era in the Metal Gear narrative with one of the most badass cyborgs in the game's universe. Instead, you get a heavy metal action game that couldn't stray farther from the spirit of the Metal Gear series. If all that cyborg phooey is the future of Metal Gear, we're going back into cryo-stasis a la Big Boss. In their defense, Platinum was probably given a set of rules and weren't able to tamper too directly with the Metal Gear story. Why make the game then? The cutting mechanic is pretty cool, though.

what the gently caress

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

god ive never realized this

the forward back foward camera one, like when boss sees something crazy, is honestly one of the first things that comes to mind when I think of V

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lmao

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
everyone just calmly walking around after arsenal gear flattens this big part of nyc

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

that was a 9/11 edit but i headcanon that new yorkers have seen it all

I thought it was because the patriot AI just used their Nanomachines to not see arsenal gear like they did with how la-li-lu-la-lo thing

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Black Baby Goku posted:

It good blade runners story, but better. So which is the true genius?

*turning away from chalkboard with 1+1=3 on it* it all makes sense!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I.N.R.I posted:

i like the one it has already

yeah no asshat trolls either

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A monthy, RIP

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rediscover posted:

I think she got a boob job too.

Eva is win

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wouldn't that make her like, the first person ever with one too lol

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

elf help book posted:

i cant beat blade wolf so i have to assume metal gear rising is broken horseshit and quit

smh

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bilal posted:

Never played 4, so my ranking is :
1 > V > Portable Ops > 2 > 3 > Peace Walker

...the lord of lies

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mycophobia posted:

please don't talk about star wars in the metal gear thread

Yeah

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
jesus christ

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/seclusiveblue/status/765840179286401024

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I completed all of mgs4 in one sitting in 2012 for my first time and I remember standing up during the whole final fight

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it was a level of hype never before felt

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Snake has a genius level iq

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
October is just next month guys..

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

I think I'm gonna play through RE4 again on PS4, and maybe finally play RE3 since I've had it for a year+ and never launched it

I'm planning on REHD, one of the dead spaces, and a bunch others I'll probably not finish in October

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fuckmothering zombies ftw!

• Locked thread