Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

In Training posted:

Metal Gear Ac!d – PSP, 2004
Metal Gear Ac!d 2 – PSP, 2005
This is a trading card game based on Metal Gear characters I guess. I don’t know anything about it.

I played a lot of these when they came out, and the best way to explain them is "MGS as an RTS with cards determining special actions". I remember the first one being pretty fun, worth a look if you like that gameplay style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

NickRoweFillea posted:

Who's your favorite MGS boss?

The End

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
Tim Cook I AM A loving MORON

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
1 = 2 = 3 = 4 = PW = 5

might move the order around a little but this feels right

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
If you like Kojima doing a dystopia play Snatcher, it was my favorite game of his for a little while

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

acksplode posted:

I'm arguing that it didn't use the genre's conventions well so much as just regurgitate them, and contrasting it with MGS4, which did use them in a very interesting way

edit: no worries bruh

It did more than regurgitate them. To say that's all it did is to deny Kojimas genius, and that will only lead to me destroying you.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

In Training posted:

As cool as snatcher may look the gameplay is SEGA cd era lightgun crap with a controller so it will always suck

Actually it owns.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
"Metal Gear Solid 3 is a rail shooter, and it suffers because of it." - That's how loving crazy it is to call Snatcher a lightgun game. gently caress you

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
Hideo Kojima is just ripping off blade runner durrrrr. The greatest artist in the history of a medium is just stealing from a director who made fewer than 5 great movies in his entire 35+ year career. I have AIDs and love Blizzard and EA.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

mycophobia posted:

Snatcher has a great story and setting but is really tedious to actually play, unfortunately

Prepare to die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Survive is a day one preorder for me for sure. Never really liked Metal Gear, was more of a CoD man personally. I like shooting poo poo bang bang and getting MOABs, not sneaking around like a bitch and listening to BORING rear end custecnes about politics and society and boring rear end poo poo like that that makes no sense anyways. Thats why I like MGSV, they cut way back on the plot so we can get to the action,jackson. I hella love that. Then you add mothafuckin' ZOMBIES into the mix? poo poo, son. It be just like my other favourite game, COD ZOMBIES, so yeah,mday one preporde for me for sure. Feels good to finally be a metal gear fan now they fixed the series and removed all the boring crap.

• Locked thread