Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

JakeP posted:

no, which is why it is weird that he had nothing to say about him

He said exactly the same thing I did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

The Ninth Layer posted:

Back to the voting.

My pick for scum is probably Allen Wren. His last post in the game has been two days ago and it was a Scum 101 catch-up post, with a fair amount of content to make it seem like Wren has opinions and is following the game. No posts since then, though he has made a few in other SA threads. I think he's scum lying low and waiting for a better time to enter the thread again, preferably a time where he won't become the center of attention 5 hours before a deadline.

##vote Allen Wren

The Ninth Layer posted:

Anyway, Allen Wren was reading the thread close enough to respond to YPM targeting him but not closely enough to see like three very important claim discussions. Reads to me like scum scanning the thread for his own name.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

It is a power role.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

If it's a role with a power.... it's a power role.

I don't know who Li Dawny is so I'm guessing probably not experienced enough to make the distinction that in this game such an ability would be VT equivalent. Either way not something I find scummy.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Among other things he has voted for the person you are currently voting.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

JakeP posted:

lol what difference does that make

It's content.

I don't think she is scummy. Should be obvious by now.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Yes.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Vote Allen Wren.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Engaged enough to recognize someone claiming to target him, not engaged enough to spot lightning rod, nexus, watcher/tracker claims.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Why would you be so opposed to voting AW just for claiming a VT equivalent role?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

IllegallySober posted:

Catching up on the last four pages but ##unvote based on that flavor claim because the flavor and role he claimed match mine. I now believe he's actually town.

Hope you have a better option because otherwise it'll probably be you we flip today.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

There's also no reason why scum might not have that role as a fake claim.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'm busy with the 4th of july weekend, will post more tomorrow.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'm moderately hungover and extremely sunburned. Sorry I missed yesterday.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

dongsbot does your redirect work both ways?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I think in a non-standard game like this watcher-tracker is actually a fairly strong scum role.

With that said I find it hard to believe that dongsbot is a one-way redirector that can redirect actions off himself.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Are you sure that your two targets don't get redirected to each other?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

He provides target A and B.

He says anything targeting A gets redirected to B but not the other way around.
I'm saying the role probably doesn't work that way.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

If that's true then AA got horribly short-changed with the nexus role.

My role says that anything redirected to my first target will hit the second instead.

I've been reading that as "anything that targets one will get redirected to the other" aka traditional busdriver.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I sorta don't believe that Kashuno targeted nobody.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Third party or scum left?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I redirected myself to jakep lol.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Your Personal Muse posted:

Also it seems scummy that IS would redirect with some heat on him

Anyone who can busdrive themselves to someone else is going to do it, just common sense.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

What doesn't make sense about it?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

That gives us a fair bit of information.

We have an action chain of YPM -> IllegallySober -> Ninth -> JakeP -> Li Dawny -> Li Dawny.

Assuming that matches YPM's results we've cleared a lot of people from nightkilling or at least from attempting a nightkill.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Also the nightkiller could have targeted any of about half the game and hit the doctor block.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Still a little confused on how visiting in this game actually works. For example why would JakeP show up as visiting Li Dawny but I wouldn't, even though I presumably visited JakeP who would then redirect to Li Dawny.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

But based on those results I'd be inclined to think RF is the killer too.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I think it's scummy that you didn't claim to have done nothing on day 2.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

For posterity, I don't think its relevant, but n2 I track TNL, and the result was whoever I tracked visited AW

I swapped myself and AW. Not sure who you would have seen in that instance.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Retro Futurist posted:

:shrug: Didn't see much point in playing all my cards right away. If he'd specifically called me out like today maybe, but I figured it made more sense to wait it out

Every night action in this came is a big crap shoot.

You didn't think it was noteworthy that you were seen targeting someone even though you did nothing?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I think that CPig gave up on figuring that out because going back and looking, he literally confirmed that you, TNL, visited AW instead of keeping it vague like usual

One of the reasons I rarely put in redirectors in my games and never put them in with a roleblocker on top. Good luck trying to figure out what happens when a roleblocker targets a busdriver who redirected himself with someone else, or worse, what happens to a roleblocker who targets the person the busdriver redirected themselves with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Thanks for running the game CPig! It was fun :)

• Locked thread