Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
<pinball sound>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Allen Wren posted:

Would turbo, yes

##vote Jimson

This is the only right move imo.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
By which I mean ##vote Jimson of course.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

lol what just happened.

A good start.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Never not vote Jimson. Good work, everyone.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

JakeP posted:

Like this feels super fake, what is very interesting about this game where literally nothing has happened except a sweet turbo

I thought the sweet turbo was the best part though.

:awesomelon:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Kashuno posted:

Flavor claim at one vote less than an hour into the day? Come on.

But does "ball launch" really tell us anything one way or the other anyway?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Li Dawny posted:

So either scum withheld a nk, or something stopped it? Those are the only two options I can think of, am I missing something?

I don't think I've ever seen a game where scum withheld an NK on N1.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Asiina posted:

Why would anyone counterclaim flavour?

Why would you think flavour would matter?

That's what I'm saying. Like, someone could counterclaim flavor but flavor seems non-role-specific, so then what?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
This setup spec is making my head hurt.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

JakeP posted:

Additionally you posted 10 minutes before the turbo started, so the fact that you weren't around for the couple hours it took for the turbo to happen, but were around right before and right after it is suspect as hell

##vote AA

This on the other hand is a really straightforward case.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Your Personal Muse posted:

There is no setup spec. We aren't speculating on potential roles. There is a LR. AA claimed to target someone. AA did not visit the LR, which would probably happen had he targetted someone.

If there's an LR, why isn't it also possible that there's a doctor whose protection also got targeted to the same target as the NK?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

You targetted someone specific. Any other game at any other time you would visit them.

But who gives a poo poo, you have another case against you and you are only arguing against mine because its more nebulous. You are scum either way.

AA, what's your answer to why you mysteriously vanished right during the turbo?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

The Ninth Layer posted:

You seem mad. I'm not in a hurry to vote anyone out just yet. Take a break and come back and try to win the game for the town, if that's your alignment.

Agree with this. We don't need another turbo today.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
I also think that AW's post where he basically says "MG3 is playing dumb and may be town, but I'm voting for him anyway" is odd.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

What is this saying? You've been making these kinds of posts all game. Who is scum? Who is town?

This is saying that AW's post pings scummy because he says that MG may well be town but then votes for him anyway. What's unclear about that?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Odd does not equal scummy. I for instance am an odd man but I'm the towniest motherfucker here because my PM says so.

Yeah, this is why I didn't vote for AW just based on that -- it's odd because his vote doesn't follow from his post, but by itself, it's not enough for me to say "oh he must be scum."

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Oh good, we're back to arguing what actions result in a "visit."

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Oh hi tpink, I see you are back with a clever side comment that does not have any alignment calls. You never told us what you think about AA, is he scum or not?

Fair enough. I'm going to re-read AA's posts again before responding to your question.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
I think AA is probably town. The hissy fit yesterday from almost no pressure was very weird and I got close to voting for him based on that (particularly after all the "VOTE FOR HIM AND GET ME OUT OF THIS HELL" posts) but then AA kind of acknowledged he was throwing a fit for no good reason and came back normal, so I gave him a pass. Could be scum trying to play off getting too defensive for no good reason but eh, not enough for a vote. And I don't see much else today that would support a case on him either, so..

AA I do have a question for you though -- what game was this?

I wasn't, until Jake started painting me as scum for not being there for the turbo but being there after.

I'm more mad at Jake than town, because Jake made a similar push on me recently and flipped town and I was also town. It was a game scum won. I think it was your game.

Because if this actually happened and you can tell me what game this was, your meltdown yesterday becomes less suspicious.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Yeah, the reason I haven't posted any hard calls is because I haven't read anything that pings me hard enough to make a case for anyone at this point. I don't think you're scum because you are very actively participating, making cases, prompting people for reads, getting into it with AA and Kash, etc. - doesn't strike me as scum play. I think The Ninth Layer might be scum based on him going hard after AA yesterday, but a lot of this is just because I now think that AA is town. I think Li Dawny is suspicious - in games where she's scum, she tends to lurk, and she's barely posted anything here. I'm fine voting for her today just a lurker lynch and based on how I've seen her lurk as scum in other games.

That's all the hot reads I got for now.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Yeah, I'm fine with a lurker lynch today. I didn't realize Asiina has been MIA too.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Ok hi everyone. I'm sorry about people's hurt feelings. :( Should we get some Mafia done before the holiday weekend? (He said, strolling into the thread after being MIA.)

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
OK, so I am going to chime in with some additional info to hopefully help provide more clarity as we're trying to figure out this game. I'm a town-aligned 1-shot lightning rod. I did not use my ability N1 but then got a mod message which basically said that I was forced to use my ability (which I take to mean was the result of someone else's night action), and so my ability was activated N1.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

This doesn't make sense

This is what actually happened though.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Kashuno posted:

Tpink seems to be trying to muddy the waters with a claim that is so out of left field. like what the hell is a role that forces other roles to use their abilities especially when a large amount of abilities trigger require targets. Like what the gently caress how would that even resolve or work?

I am actually doing the opposite. You guys have been going in circles speculating about the LR and what happened during the night. I am basically a vanilla town at this point because my power has already been used up, so I claimed in an effort to provide more information and more clarity. I have no idea what role might force another player to use their ability during the night, and as I said, I am purely speculating that that's what forced me to use the role. Or at least, I can't think of any other reason of why my night action would be triggered after I already submitted a no-action PM.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Kashuno posted:

No we aren't going in circle about roles if you think that is all that has been happening you aren't reading the thread.

Yes I am. I am ignoring the dumb slapfight that's been happening because obviously that's even less game-related.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Kashuno posted:

How do you feel about AA's vote on YPM
How do you feel about YPM's vote on me
Illegally Sober voted Allen Wren. Thoughts? Agree/disagree?

i asked you to drop a single opinion, and you still haven't done that despite all the things that have happened. ##vote Tpink

Dumb vote. You're pissed off at dongs, take it up with him.

I think AA is town, for reasons I explained yesterday.

I thought Asiina lurking was suspicious but I guess it's Canada day or whatever, so I'll give them a pass for the day. Ditto with LD after she posted that mea culpa about not posting.

Kash, I think you are (very angry) town based on how active you've been, how you've been pushing cases, and how you seem genuinely annoyed with dongs for not playing the game. That sounds like town playing to me.

I don't really get YPM's vote on you, Kash -- he assumes that you know AA is town because you're scum, and that in any other game you'd auto-vote AA, so therefore you must be scum? There's a lot of contingencies built into that. So between thinking AA is town, and YPM pushing this weird theory that I am not really seeing, I'm okay with AA's vote on YPM.

I'm fine voting AW, again largely for reasons I posted before - his vote on MG didn't follow from his post, and he hasn't explained it and hasn't posted much since.

So, ##vote Allen Wren, unless he comes back and offers a better explanation.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Kashuno posted:

you should literally kill your entire family and then yourself.

Take a chill pill.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Let's all dial it back, rainbows, puppies, warm hugs, lilac scented baths, soft kisses, a baby's laughter, a gentle breeze on a warm summer night

:yeah:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

I retracted my case on him (although I am still voting him I realize ##unvote). This is why people don't think you read.

I read your backpedaling post and I also saw that you did not unvote him (until just now). So, you know, reading.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Jesus I'm honestly having trouble engaging with this game despite trying because people are being dicks, and not even in a fun Mafia way but just in a boring you suck / no you suck kind of ways that make my eyes glaze over. gently caress.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Hi all. Hope everyone had a great 4th of July.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Yeah I'm going to assume that YPM is not lying about a pm from the mod because I think that'd be modkill otherwise, so... ##vote mg3.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Retro Futurist posted:

The mod PMed me to say that that's dumb reasoning. Also that your butt smells

Well now I don't know what to think :ohdear:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
I'm curious about LD too. I thinks dongs is town, for what it's worth.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Holy cow that setup.

:captainpop:

Well done, cpig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
My head hurts just trying to follow all those actions. This is very impressive.

• Locked thread