Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Animals bred for traits retain those traits when no longer desired: news at 11.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

FogHelmut posted:

the most aggressive dogs i have seen are usually bichons because their lovely owners think a tiny dog is cute and manageable and they do nothing to manage their behavior

i mean you could punt a bichon pretty far, its not a big deal

pitbulls have the power to kill but at least they respect authority. just have to posture up and flex a bit, they understand power and respect power

I don't discriminate, I shoot all dogs that wander onto my land

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Fish Fry Andy posted:

Why even put a 3 year old on a couch, its not like they'll remember it.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I'm comfortable with pit bull owners having their loved ones eviscerated, but it sucks when it happens to the poor fucker 70 year old neighbor or random kid playing on the sidewalk.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

this story is just the pits

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I'm comfortable with pit bull owners having their loved ones eviscerated, but it sucks when it happens to the poor fucker 70 year old neighbor or random kid playing on the sidewalk.

at least the pitbull gives you death, whereas a chimp will just disfigure you, leaving you to live with no hands or a face

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

sterilize all pit bulls and kill the breed off now.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Zahgaegun posted:

http://www.pickthepit.com

IIRC almost everyone gets it right, prob not what the author intended.

Yeah and lowtax dog looks like a typical pit????:confused:???

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

dog buttz posted:

sterilize all pit bulls and kill the breed off now.

lol if you think pittbull owners would neuter their dogs. do you really think they would do anything that would possibly hinder strength and aggression?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

andddd they're pit mixes

Yes outlaw all the mutts, mutts are trash

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Dogs are the friends of sad people. A real alpha owns a cat.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I support pitbull genocide

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
Well, what I'm thinking is why would anyone want a pit bull in the first place with how ugly they are? There are such prettier dogs out there.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Ilustforponydeath posted:

Dogs are the friends of sad people.

Fair

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
Most people don't know this is commonly what pitbulls look like

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

FogHelmut posted:

the most aggressive dogs i have seen are usually bichons because their lovely owners think a tiny dog is cute and manageable and they do nothing to manage their behavior

i mean you could punt a bichon pretty far, its not a big deal

pitbulls have the power to kill but at least they respect authority. just have to posture up and flex a bit, they understand power and respect power

My neighbor's yorkie attempts to murder me every time I walk by it. At this point I am half tempted to step on the little poo poo.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Smash it Smash hit posted:

hosed up

Millions of Crows
Mar 31, 2010

take a look overhead
You can own a pit bull or be a sane, non-hopeless trash person but not both. What does anyone need a pit bull for anyways? Get a rottwieler if you need a big threatening dog. I've known rotties to be loud and scary but never actually attack anyone. They drool and fart more than they bite, while once a month a pit mauls or kills someone. They're the AR15 of dogs.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

just get an egg and whatever animal it hatches into, raise it with love

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Millions of Crows posted:

You can own a pit bull or be a sane, non-hopeless trash person but not both. What does anyone need a pit bull for anyways? Get a rottwieler if you need a big threatening dog. I've known rotties to be loud and scary but never actually attack anyone. They drool and fart more than they bite, while once a month a pit mauls or kills someone. They're the AR15 of dogs.

Lol rots were the 90s murder dog get with the times idiot

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

look at this niggas tongue

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

look at this niggas tongue

The pitbull terrier hypnotizes its prey with its tongue before it uses it lockjaw to snap your throat in half :pseudo:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

uh, but what if the animal that hatches is a pitbull????

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

Serious Frolicking posted:

uh, but what if the animal that hatches is a pitbull????

all pitbulls were eggs once and the ones raised with love don't murder nearly as much. look it up

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

I don't know why these things aren't completely illegal. Look at those serrated lamellae, designed specifically to grip onto the supple skin of a human child and drag back along the surface until a major artery is reached and nerves in the gums are stimulated by the beating of an innocent heart. This triggers a clamp-down response coupled with a violent backwards jerking of the pitbull's head, neatly severing any major blood vessels with surgical precision. The wedge shape of the breed's mouth ensures maximum damage is dealt to a localized area. Indeed, pitbulls have sometimes been known to gouge troughs in thick plate steel, such is their viciousness. While one such bite is often enough for the victim of a pit to quickly bleed out, the sadistic creature will usually inflict hundreds of lightning-quick lacerations on an already crippled child. All the while, the child writhes in agony as their tormentor struts around on their hind legs, bellowing out a distinctive "honking" bark.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

all pitbulls were eggs once and the ones raised with love don't murder nearly as much. look it up

Listen to him, he is very wide

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

The Unholy Ghost posted:

Well, what I'm thinking is why would anyone want a pit bull in the first place with how ugly they are? There are such prettier dogs out there.

Same reason some people want pugs, they feel a misplaced sense of sympathy and want to think that they can overcome genetic deficiencies like unpredictable aggression or the lack of a functional respiratory tract through sheer love and affection.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

This is all well and good, but once that drat animal starts taking up all your other character spaces with more and more eggs that hatch into more and more monsters you'll have to start destroying them. :(

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
You see a Canadian goose coming at you, run.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

Roylicious posted:

racist

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Roylicious posted:

You see a Canadian goose coming at you, you run eh?

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Millions of Crows posted:

Or a bull mastiff. Looks terrifying but they're too dumb to ever actually do anything unless you train them to.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
religion of peace

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Yeah, like we don't see you facing towards Auschwitz every time you poop, pit bulls.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

dog buttz posted:

Or a bull mastiff. Looks terrifying but they're too dumb to ever actually do anything unless you train them to.

Bull and Italian mastiffs are extremely the poo poo. And the best part is that all of them are named after some professional athlete. Every. Single. Time.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Pvt.Scott posted:

Animals bred for traits retain those traits when no longer desired: news at 11.

This is always the part that gets me, you'll see dog people get really into breed history and how you shouldn't get this kind of dog without being able to provide it that kind of environment or how these ones tend to be overprotective of their owner or those ones tend to etc etc etc and then the second a pit bull enters the discussion it's all about training and nurturing and has nothing to do with the dog's natural inclinations.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Like how the exact same people that will tell you that a greyhound is always gonna need a leash cause they will always be a flight risk even if they're well trained suddenly think evolution doesn't apply to their pits.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

ArbitraryC posted:

Like how the exact same people that will tell you that a greyhound is always gonna need a leash cause they will always be a flight risk even if they're well trained suddenly think evolution doesn't apply to their pits.

Yes, I like that too.

Cymoril
Jul 1, 2005

Kittens Warm the World
Dinosaur Gum

Roylicious posted:

Canada goose, dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

ArbitraryC posted:

This is always the part that gets me, you'll see dog people get really into breed history and how you shouldn't get this kind of dog without being able to provide it that kind of environment or how these ones tend to be overprotective of their owner or those ones tend to etc etc etc and then the second a pit bull enters the discussion it's all about training and nurturing and has nothing to do with the dog's natural inclinations.

It's both though kinda. Some breeds are more gentle, relaxed, better with kids, etc. Some breeds were bred to work and have high energy.

Don't get a high energy working breed if you don't have space for it, don't have time to train it well, and can't devote the time to work its energy off. No poo poo buying a pit bull then tying it to a post in the backyard for hours a day while never socializing it well will result in a vicious aggressive dog.

But no matter what you breed you have, it needs proper training and socialization and love.

ArbitraryC posted:

But those people are stupid. Greyhounds do fine off leash if they are well trained. Pit bulls don't just snap one day and bite people for no reason.

• Locked thread