Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Motherfucker, I forgot to tag it so it's a shitpost. It's oddly fitting I guess.

Welcome to my terribly run thread of Wake of the Ravager. It was made in 1994, came on a CD when I was 8, I played and sucked at it hard, couldn't even finish the first one. I am here to redeem myself... again.

Well, I beat the first one (requires archives) and now I'll be rolling through this one.

Again: Don't expect great work. Don't expect me to knock this out of the park easily. Expect me to die, forget to do things, and generally not know what things I am supposed to be doing. I'll get around to reading the manual sometime, but that time is not right now.

Things to expect: Bad jokes, swearing like a motherfucker, forgetting to save before big battles and then listening to me whine about it, and sound. That's right, SSLP's don't have sound. Sorry.

The intro to the game can be found here with sound and dialogue that is likely important: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3VLvdUmX58

Look at these graphics.

Yes, I am running this on Windows 98.

Holy poo poo this game looks awesome.

The door opens, a dragon sits in a chair and an evil looking guy enters.

He doesn't even look that evil.

Oh snap! I changed my mind!

The evil man leaves, and the dragon moves his playing piece as if he was a pawn in a greater scheme...

Then a group of heroes appears magically to oppose him! Who could that be?

So in my last LP of Shattered Lands I was told that I can right click on an object to look at the details and completely bork the game and make it unwinnable. I expect someone to tell me if and when that happens so I can reload the save.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
:siren::siren:I need to create 4 characters!:siren::siren:

I need names, races, classes, and maybe something else.

This is the character creation screen. I can be male or female unless noted:
Human
Dwarf
Elf
Half-Elf
Half-Giant
Halfing
Mul (male only)
Thri-Kreen (female only)

quote:

Humans

Humans are the predominant race on Athas. The average human male stands between 6 and 6 1/2 feet tall and weighs 180 to 200 pounds. Humans can be fighters, gladiators, rangers, preservers, clerics, druids, thieves, psionicists, and dual-classed.

Dwarves

Dwarves are short but extremely powerful. Athasian dwarves average 4 1/2 to 5 feet in height and tend to have a very large muscle mass — a full-grown dwarf weighs in the neighborhood of 200 pounds. Dwarves can live up to 250 years. By nature, dwarves are nonmagical and never cast spells. This restriction does not apply to dwarven clerics. Dwarves can be fighters, gladiators, clerics, thieves, psionicists, and multi-class characters.

Elves

Elves are a race of long-limbed sprinters given to theft, raiding, and warfare. An Athasian elf stands between 6 1/2 and 7 1/2 feet tall. They are slender, lean, and generally in terrific physical condition. An elf warrior is conditioned to run quickly over sandy and rocky terrain, some- times for days at a time — such a warrior can cross better than 50 miles per day. Elves use no beasts of burden for personal transportation. It is dishonor- able among elves to ride on an animal unless wounded and near death. Elves can be fighters, gladiators, rangers, preservers, clerics, thieves, psionicists, and multi-class characters.

Half-Elves

Half-elves are the result of the inter- mingling of human and elven soci- eties in the great cities of Athas. Half-elves are generally tall, standing between 6 and 6 1/2 feet. Due to their mixed heritage, half- elves are often unaccepted by both elves and humans. This intolerance leads them to be self-reliant, and able to survive without companionship. Half-elves can be fighters, gladiators, rangers, preservers, clerics, druids, thieves, psionicists, and multi-classed.

Half-Giants

Giants dominate many of the islands and coastal areas of the Sea of Silt. In some lost millennium, as a bizarre experiment or perhaps as some sort of curse, giants were magically cross- bred with humans. Half-giants are now fairly common. Half-giants stand between 10 and 12 feet tall, and weigh in the neighbor- hood of 1,600 pounds. Their features are human, but exaggerated. Half-giants can be fighters, gladiators, rangers, clerics, psionicists, and multi-classed.

Halflings

Muls

Muls are an incredibly tough cross- breed of humans and dwarves. They retain the height and cunning of their human parent, with the durability and raw strength of their dwarven parent. Muls are usually the products of the slave pits. Full-grown muls stand 6 to 6 1/2 feet tall and weigh 240 to 300 pounds. They have stern facial features, and most muls (male and female) have no hair or beard. Muls can be fighters, gladiators, clerics, thieves, psionicists, and multi-class characters.

Thri-kreen

Thri-kreen are the least “human” in appearance of all the races. Thri-kreen are insectoids — six- limbed creatures with tough, sandy- yellow exoskeletons. They stand as tall as 7 feet at the shoulder, have two large eyes, two antennae, and a small, powerful jaw. Thri-kreen make and use the chatkcha, a crystalline throwing wedge. The chatkcha can be thrown up to 90 yards and still return to the thrower if it misses the target. When it hits, the chatkcha inflicts 3 to 9 points of damage. Thri-kreen cannot use armor, cloaks, belts, boots, or rings due to their non-human shape. Thri-kreen can be fighters, gladiators, rangers, clerics, psionicists, and multi- class characters

Classes:

Fighters and Gladiators are universally known. The only difference is that Gladiators get a -1AC bonus at level 5. (Armor Class is what tells if I get hit or not by physical attacks)

Rangers can use anything Fighters and Gladiators can, but Rangers can also use two one-handed weapons with no penalty. At higher levels thicker armor interferes with their skills. They can gain some magic at level 8 and must pick an elemental sphere immediately.

Preservers: Some kind of mage I guess. Cast spells in harmony with nature... so druids maybe? Not much armor, not able to use many weapons.

Clerics: Worship one of the elemental spheres. Can cast spells within their sphere, and Sphere of Cosmos up to 3rd level. Can fight in melee, but not top notch. Wear any armor. Can turn undead, but looks like weapon choice is also all about their sphere of magic.

Druids: Apparently not clerics like I stated 2 seconds ago. Full access to their elemental sphere and the entire Sphere of Cosmos. Can use any weapons, but only magic armor. Cannot turn undead.

Thieves: Lockpickers, climbing cliffs (does this game have cliffs? The other one didn't.) Backstab ability, wear light armor and any weapon.

Psionicists: Clairvoyance, telepathy. Can fight, but use light armor and small weapons. The three psionic disciplines are psychokinesis, psychometabolism, and telepathy. Psychokinesis is physical manipulation of objects. Psychometabolism is enhancing ones own body. Telepathy is about defense and attacks of mental types.

https://ia800206.us.archive.org/9/items/Dark_Sun_Wake_of_The_Ravager_Manual/Dark_Sun_Wake_of_The_Ravager_Manual.pdf
Spell lists and whatnot start on page 40 of this manual.

Alignment:

Affects how NPCs and some items react to characters. Lawful good all the way to Chaotic Evil.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jun 29, 2016

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I like the way you guys think.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Oh poo poo we can multi-class.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I will be building characters in a few hours and taking ideas from everyone.

Half giant gladiator seems to be #1. I like the idea of some multiclass stuff so may do that.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
None of you guys agreed on much to be honest. There was a vote for half-elf Preserver/thief, plus Elf preserver-thief. That counted the same...

Here is your band of plucky heroes/heroines.

Dory, Half Giant Gladiator and resident tank.

Antwoman, Thri-Kreen Psion/Earth Druid. I don't even know. A single vote for Psion/xxxx in a three-way tie, so I rolled a dice and here we are.

Josie, half-elf Thief/Preserver because that is the only character that got more than 1 vote other than Dory.

And then Jameson, the Mul Fighter/Water Cleric.

The stats on these guys are absurdly high because this is Dark Sun. You don't get a 3d6 for stats, no that's dumb. You get 4d6+2 because it's survival of the fittest out here.

I did tweak Josies pre-rolled HP from loving 6 to 42. That was ridiculous. She could have gone to mid-60's.

Also the guide itself says "you may want to bump up hit points because you are going to be rolling 1's on level-ups which will gently caress you over. Starting hit points are very important."

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Lets start and explore the town!

The loading screen, I'll never show this again.

Begin at what I'll later find out are the gates of the city to the south. A woman is crying to us for help. What did you see?

A nightmare, AAAAAAAHhhhhhh fireball out of nowhere. That dude on the left with the yellow turban shot her to death.

And then the guards all came out and began punching Josie, the weakest of the group.

Dory crumples one up top.

Turns out I'm a huge idiot here. I was looking at Antwomans spells and this one does the most damage.... for level 1. If I clicked on Level 1 down bottom it would turn to level 2, then level 3 where the powerful spells are. Antwoman does 3 damage, and I begin to hate myself for not just having 4 fighters.

Dory is the backbone here. Jameson has done well, but it's Dory getting multiple attacks that rule the day.

Cause light wounds? Man mages suck. What the hell was I thinking. Note: I am still on level 1 spells and haven't even looked at the Psionic attacks that do a bunch more damage.

Dory finishes the one in front of Josie (red hair) and then Josie gets a 24pt backstab on the next guy.

Wooooo experience!

Looting is tedious.

We took a beating. I equip some armor, getting a +4 Dragonsbane sword that goes to Dory. Sword on the left, and just above the mouse cursor it says what it is.

The woman died to get this note to someone, so I guess it's important.

The town. I am that dot dead center on the very bottom. After exploring I can explain what we have: Bottom right is an inn which we'll see. Above that is a tavern and one character we care about. Middle block is merchants. Top right is the templar base. Left of that is a couple characters like the guy in charge of the mines. Left of that is a private residence I didn't gently caress with yet.

Open are on the left-middle is another set of merchants. Bottom-left is super spooky.

The dude right next to me doesn't want any trouble.

He refuses to talk but then I find out he's the caravan master just in case I need to take a caravan anywhere...

So this is why bandits rule the streets. No king means no law and order.

I do things counterclockwise so I'm moving to the right when I find a beggar.

I give him all of my money (5000) and get 10,000 experience for Dory. That was well worth it. I wouldn't have given him anything normally, this was a happy accident. When I was changing equipment Antwoman had a 2d4+1 2-handed magic weapon. She's better off with two 1d8+1 swords, so I plan to sell that for a boatload of cash.

Bottom right is the inn. There is a girl there in a room but I don't bother her. Rooms cost $25 so I can't afford it since I just gave away all my money. I need to go find a merchant. I head north.

Is that a merchant in the building? Or a bartender? Either way, lets go find out.

Dory is accosted by the malcontents. Move along, Pup, or you might get hurt. Also note I haven't healed yet.

The scum call in backup in the shape of two half-giants from the north and the south.

Josie moved away, but then the top-enemy came down and punched her unconscious. Here she is sprawled out.

Jameson and Dory combine to take out one of the half giants. Antwoman heals Josie, then the others fall in less than one more round of combat.

We enter the inn. The bartender explains that the city is full of poo poo because there's no king. Lawlessness abounds.

The thieves guild ran underground to hide from the flood of refugees.

I end the conversation and switch to Josie the thief.

Whats this? A trapdoor down to the underground? The newcomers couldn't find this, but Josie did immediately! Experience gained for disarming a trap.

Heading north again I find a miner.

They won't let me join their club, but honestly I don't know why I'd want to go there anyway.

He tells me Arslan is over at the tavern attached to this building. Lets go!

The barkeep tells me Arslan is the red guy in the back room.

I don't bother telling him that I want to join the Veiled Alliance since I'm trying to be super secret. I will eventually, but I want to get a feel for the town first. I tell him I'm just a bystander.

He immediately asks me to do something for him.

I get experience and haven't even done anything yet.

Quest achieved.
  • Get paper showing templars doing bad things for Arslan

He then tells me that Fayina might be able to help me figure out some way to get in there... She's the girl in the tavern that I didn't talk to yet.
  • Talk to girl in Tavern, Fayina about robbing Templars.

This guy is a fount of knowledge. The Draxans are the ones invading the town. They seem organized.

I leave Arslan and head to the middle block to see the merchants.

It's worth $48 but they'll give me $24. You all know the drill... So I end up selling all the poo poo I don't need.

North of that is the Templar building. This girl is sitting outside the door.

Her poor brother :( If only a band of plucky heroes could find out what happened to him...

I keep walking and trigger the following conversation...

White: Guards? Alliance?
Blue: A ghost from a childrens tale. Everything's ready, my Master asks another favor.
White: The lord warrior has already done enough for your master.
Blue: It is very small, but it could affect the Lord Warriors plan. There is a Jann named Magnolia. She suspects my master.
***muffled for a bit***
White: Consider it done. Deliver the information to Zorani on the day of attack.
Blue: My master needs some of the money now.
White: None of it until the sultan is dead. Go now, it is not safe to talk here. We'll meet at the backup spot at the appointed time.

• Find out what the hell blue and white guy were talking about. Protect jann named Magnolia? Zorani getting information about an attack on sultan?

The "bad" merchants in the stalls buy my wares for a higher price than the two "normal" merchants. gently caress the normies.

This guy has heard of us. I enjoy money (seeing how I just gave all of mine away) so I hear him out.

• Find out what the hell blue and white guy were talking about. Protect jann named Magnolia? Zorani getting information about an attack on sultan?
  • Kill giant skeletons, recover skulls, get money from flashy merchant guy.

I told you bottom left was super spooky didn't I?

The tapestry weaver tells me helpful knowledge of where to find the jann. I may need to find Magnolia later, so I file it away.

Directly north of the merchants is this guy. I opened his door and he yelled at me. I left to go talk to Fayina in the bottom right.

Me picking Josie was a complete accident here. She's got the highest Charisma so I thought she'd help with the merchants. Turns out the thief likes the thief.

But before she can help me she needs my help. Tit for Tat. Back on the list it goes...

So I go to Acar's house up north. His butler lets me in.

He already knows my name, so he's probably powerful or at least connected.

Aha, I'm assuming he's a black market smuggler or something. Iron ore is a cover I expect.

I don't actually have this much money so I hope he'll work something out with me.

Boric is apparently the guy that kicked me out earlier.

I hand him the letter.

A quest completed, experience earned, no blood spilled.

And Fayina is off the hook. Now she can tell us about the Templars.

http://i.imgur.com/DiVum79.gifv
Here is an 18MB gif of the auto-walk thingy. I'm walking from one side of the map back to Fayina.

More experience for clearing her debt.

So now I can get in there without any problems. What the hell do I do when I get in there? Kill everyone?

She gives me a key to their storeroom that I can loot. Maybe I'll find something useful in there.

Since I have money, I decide to rent a room. I rest the night and heal.

It's right about now that I realized I can cast higher level spells. poo poo.

So, our to-do list looks like:
  • Rob templars storeroom.
  • Remember the ladder to underground in case I need to find some thieves.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jun 30, 2016

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

JamieTheD posted:

Notaku, in the first game, asked you to gather some poisons, sold you a Dire Scorpion that then turned on you the moment you were far away enough that it couldn't possibly be connected, and all but the last of his rewards were, compared to the task in question, garbage.

I played the last one through pretty completely about a year ago and I dont remember any of this. The scorpion that came with us just refused to leave the red lands and only did like 3 damage to the enemies. Pretty useless.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I have like 200 more images to go through. Soooo much text and I don't want to transcribe it all to cut down the images. I'll just post the important bits I guess. Some of them are 4 or 5 screenshots long of text about what I should do.

Also: A huge battle took place. It was one guy. What the gently caress.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I head north with list in tow to rob the Templars with the key I got.

I took a closer look at the statue. I have a feeling it will be a plot point.

I use the key on the door and move in to help myself to whatever they have.

The closet opens to a portal to another dimension!

Turns out there is a double-cross planned. Sorry about the huge images spanning a bit of text but I can't edit all 200 images to half-size just to save space :( Anyone have better ideas to get across major plot points like this? Maybe some random bullshit posts so the thread isn't 600 images on one page?

Josie leveled up. I've got to stop using Josie since I just checked and she's level 9/8 and the rest are 7/7.

The loot was a gem, a one-off scroll, and some other crap that I sold.

Jameson is a cleric, he turned undead and two died immediately. Antwoman punched the other one for 12 damage and it died.

The loot is a locked cabinet and a dry basin on the wall. This was dumb. Lets go return the skulls.

I ask him about another quest and Great Freyrs have been seen near the pyramid and need to be harvested for their teeth. I don't know what a Freyr is, nor do I know where the pyramid is so a little help would be great guys.

I wander for a bit. I can exit the city west toward the mountains, and I check up north....

Idiots.

I can't go north, but I get some crappy loot to sell.

I am near the templar base, so I knock and walk inside. No one bothers me, and now that the door is left wide open all sorts of pedestrians auto-walk through their fortress.

I go near something I can loot and hear voices through the wall...

The gist is: someone (guessing Templars) are saying "don't underestimate our power, we rule this city."

Someone else (guessing Draxa guys) say "don't gently caress this up, the Lord Warrior demands full obedience in the city. Also we're super strong so check yourself before you wreak yourself."

I ignore all that and continue looting. A note falls to the floor. A note from the super important Draxa leader. A note that he left in plain sight in the center of the Templar stronghold. Of course I read it.

Huh, so Lord Warrior is going to the Jann. I'm going to need to go there at some point. We all know by now that the Veiled Alliance is in a slapfight with the Templars. And the last part could mean anything. Throwing flower petals on the ground for him to walk on? Sweeping and making the place look nice? Killing the entire population? Who knows. It's too vague for me.

I found a stupid book and accidentally read it.

I tell the Head Templar that the Draxa are going to doublecross them. I didn't screencap the conversation, but it went like this:

Do you have proof?
Sorta, it's in the cabinet in the next room.
Well I'm forbidden from entering that room.
I'm not.
Ooooh, I get it! Ooops, i dropped the key. Let me turn my back for a moment.

Dory punched the creature. I didn't even see what kind of guardian it was. Notice the templar really did turn his back.

We find proof they are going to double-cross the templars.

I hand it over. The head Templar tells me to go through the tapestry-portal and tell the Draxa guy that he's messing with the wrong Templars.

I don't even know what I'm doing and I'm pulling in experience like it's my job.

In one portal...

And out the other into the midst of their meeting.

The Templars already heard about the double-cross so they just leave. I don't know how, I came right here...

Dory let Jameson get a couple punches in. Why the hell did I roll any mages at all? Useless. The highest spell is 36 points damage so far. Dory hits 4 times for 18-24.

Sweet, we got XP for that! Lets head down to Arslan with the proof!

Wahoo!

I tell him I'm ready to go, but first I ask him where it is because I have a feeling I won't be able to follow him.

Oh, I just cleared those skeletons from there. Happy coincidence!

He's fuggin fast

He could have told me that earlier. It's not like he needed to come here to tell me that.

Next time: We find the Veiled Alliance, steal anything not bolted down, and uhh find something else to do maybe?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
  • Kill Freyrs near pyramid. Where the poo poo is the pyramid?

Matthias greets us and asks for info on the Draxa/Templar slapfight.

And then goes on to say that it would be a tragedy because the city can't handle any more bullshit.

He tells me to talk to someone. I do. I also walk around and pick up all 15 chests and bags to beef up my storage capability. Dory is currently playing pack mule to nothing but chests.

It's a big place down here...

This is the spymaster. Her contacts have warned that people are asking about a crew of plucky heroes. It might be us, might not. Lets not read too much into it.

On a completely different note: Was I retarded when I was 10? I couldn't figure this poo poo out back then. It's completely straightforward right? I must have been eating paint chips or something.

• Talk to merchant chick.

I explore. These are no-name characters. There used to be a bag in the room on the left too. It's mine now.

I find the druid of water. She's a healer.

And then she tells me it's the water that heals. So what is it you say you do here, lady?

2 bags, 3 chests, some money. All mine.

There is a meeting down here that I interrupt.

I'll save you 20 screenshots. This chick is basically sick of hiding. She wants to reveal the alliance (She calls it Divulgence) and it's mages to the public. The public hates mages because the entirety of Dark Sun was torn to poo poo by bad mages (defilers?) and everyone hunts down and kills any mage they find. She asks me if it's a good idea. I say "Gotta go. Later."

I steal some more chests from every other room and then head up north to find this guy. He's a mage of some kind, there are 2 tapestry-portals in 2 rooms near each other.

He hands me a necklace that gives me 1AC. Then rambles about nonsense until I leave.

Both tapestry-portals reek of Psurlons. Those are the sucker-face things I fought at the end of the last Dark Sun playthrough I think. Maybe?

I leave because there's no one else to talk to.

God damnit.
  • Go back down and talk to the girl I already talked to.

WE NEED TO FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT.

Me: Ok.

Ok. Where are they?

Where and what the gently caress is that?

:negative:

• Go back up and talk to the merchant just I talked to 9 seconds ago.

Aha! An old templar knows where it is.

Great. A dead templar knows where it is.

She hands me a piece of paper that tells the templars butler that I'm cool.

He's a dick until I hand it to him.

Cool. I'm gonna go find the way to get in there.

In her inventory is the key that I found. It's the square rock.

I think I know where it goes...

I go to sell stuff and learn all about the thieves guild. I havent visited them, haven't gone outside of the city to the west toward the mountains, haven't taken a caravan to check on the jann Magnolia, and now I can enter a pyramid to kill guys.

:siren:What do I do?:siren:

• Talk to girl in Tavern, Fayina, about robbing Templars.
  • Find out what the hell blue and white guy were talking about. Protect jann named Magnolia? Zorani getting information about an attack on sultan? Take caravan? :siren:
  • Remember the ladder to underground in case I need to find some thieves. :siren:
  • Get the book in the templars locked cabinet by the pet thing.
  • Go back up and talk to the merchant just I talked to 9 seconds ago.
  • Enter the underground part of the pyramid with key.:siren:
  • Go west toward the mountains out of the city? :siren:

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jun 30, 2016

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

my dad posted:

Tags. [/s] =/= [s]

I miss one stupid tag... and then I copy/paste it 4 times.

All set now.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
So thats a vote for caravan to meet the Jann?

Josie got 500xp for finding the trapped entrance to the thieves guild in the first update...

Will post screenshots of the characters with XP in the morning.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

So Dory is a level 8 Gladiator now. She has rolled 1 for HP every single level. From 102 to 110 in 8 levels. Ugh. At this point I should have jacked up Josies a lot more at the start.

Antwoman is a Level 7 Psionic and Level 9 Druid. She went from 51 to 70HP.

Josie is a level 9 thief, level 8 preserver. She went from 42 to 54HP.

Jameson is a level 7 fighter, 7 cleric. 82 to 89HP. So he also rolled 1 for every single level of HP gain.

Random my rear end, they're capping my tanks for fucks sake! I should have jacked them the gently caress up to 150 or something instead of leaving them alone.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I'm doubleposting because I think we should be on a new page. That's a lot of images for one page of the thread already. Another 200 might make people scream.

So we've received something in the ballpark of 200,000XP for every character. The dual-class characters show only about 100k each but Dory shows the full 220,000XP.

In that time we've killed:

The first 4 enemies when we first started.
3 Skeletons
Two thieves, two half giants
4 more thieves
1 creature that I don't know defending the Draxa journal
1 Draxa guy

That's it right? Insane XP for killing 16 people and 1 creature. I guess the game gives XP for roleplaying and finding solutions (accidentally) that don't involve murdering everyone.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Gabriel Pope posted:

This is a higher-level campaign than the previous game, so newly rolled characters start out level 6~7. That's actually 8 HP in 1 level.

Hey smartypants, if I wanted to be corrected I would have asked.

That being said: I am an idiot and you are correct.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I was planning on rolling out another bigass update before my weekend disappearance... something came up and I won't be able to do the update until Monday.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Bunch of fuckin nerds ITT.

I suddenly got the urge to start handing out wedgies and smashing people into lockers.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jul 1, 2016

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
  • Find out what the hell blue and white guy were talking about. Protect jann named Magnolia? Zorani getting information about an attack on sultan? Take caravan?
  • Enter the underground part of the pyramid with key.
  • Go west toward the mountains out of the city?

By popular demand (a vote of 2 to nothing) we are taking a caravan. Lets go see whats up with the Jann and find out who Magnolia is.

So basically get going? Roger that!

I don't see a fuckin caravan.

See? There is an Oasis, but no caravan.

This guy invites me back to his tent... Josie accepts on the premise of no sex until marriage.

Oh, he just wants to talk.

He tells us that the jerkface Jann is named Asim D'rac and he is plotting something. Magnolia left to find proof. I guess I can't protect her if I don't know where she went. Lets talk to other people.

Ooooh a sultan!

Me likey.

A prisoner? Mistress? Concubine?

And the Sultan himself. These tents are huge on the inside!

Oh, their laws... Basically be careful how I talk to them, they're a bunch of jackwads about saying certain things like "you."

I don't remember telling this dude that I'd look for his daughter Magnolia But something I said clearly meant that I would... He then kicks me the poo poo out of his audience.

I get XP for agreeing (somehow) to find his daughter. He told me to talk to his wife. Guess she's not a prisoner.

I ask her what Magnolia looks like.

THAT'S A BOLD FACED LIE YOU WHORE. WHERE IS ASIM D'RAC HUH?

I offended her and Josies animal magnetism is not enough to make her keep talking about Magnolia. Instead I ask about the problems between Magnolia and the Sultan.

She kicks me out as well. These Jann are a bunch of assholes.

I don't know what to do, so I start walking into random tents.

This guy keeps me in a storytelling loop. I legitimately couldn't get away. He told me six stories one pane at a time before I could get out.

This girl tells me the tents are magic, but she doesn't want to teach me because she's a bitch or something.

Wonder what this little bell does...

Ooooh, free XP! I do this three times and take 3 damage. I don't waste magic spells on these things.

I wander around looking for the caravan and spot this dude. He seems rather rude.

He clearly knows me and says his name is Zorani... that rings a bell.
  • Find out what the hell blue and white guy were talking about. Protect jann named Magnolia? Zorani getting information about an attack on sultan? Take caravan?

I yell at him to tell me everything, he doesn't know anything.

I tell him to leave immediately because I actually couldn't kill him.

He drops his tunic. I decide to try it on with Josie to see if the sprite changes.

What the gently caress. I put it on, this guy runs up to me and hands me a note.

Well this seems like fuckin proof right? Maybe I should go tell the sultan.

He yells at me because I (and I quote) "have not even left the area yet!" to find his daughter. So I guess I'm going to leave the area.

This is the end of the road on the bottom right. I can't leave this area to the right. My only exit is back to Tyr.

I arrive. They start some poo poo.

We end the poo poo.

Now I'm at the only place I know I'm actually supposed to go. The storyline has been pretty straightforward to send us down the pyramid thing so I'm going to do that.

• Enter the underground part of the pyramid with key.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

This is massive.

There are a bunch of guards wandering around. They wait at a certain place for a set amount of time and then they walk a path, stopping where another group rested a moment ago. They are walking routes to keep out the unwelcomed people. We'll have to find a way around them to not get into a running fight every 3 seconds.

Looks like a garden with alters and a bigass cabinet up top partially cut off north of the woman.

There really isnt much else worth showing. Some openings in the walls that look like tunnels or something, some broken statues and whatnot.

We enter right here where the guards never patrol. Odd, that. You'd think you'd want guards to patrol the entryway.

This grate allows me to interact with it and since I see other grates around I figure I can use them like air ducts.

You loving pussy.

That brought us way over to the bottom right by the cursor. There is a little blue dot, that's us. We are outside of the guards walking path, so we're clear up north.

What the gently caress is this? It came out of the drat tunnel opening that you'll see later. It also hits like a hammer, causes fear, and loving sucked to fight.

Oh it's a Freyr.

Huh, remind me not to look at those again. Another Freyr came out.

Moving north I find a spot where I can't go left. The guards stop just south of the corner, so I can't make them flip that lever to come get me.

A man walks up to me from the north. He's seen better days.

Well that sounds important, better ask!

He's a loon. Got it.

Two more Freyrs were chasing him and they beat the hell out of me. They sent Jameson and Dory running so my poo poo mages needed to win the fight. We took a lot lot lot of damage, had to spend basically every single spell we could at healing.

I'm tempted to go back to town to heal right now so I can have some offensive spell slots again.

I can't move left, but I can interact with the statue.

Hah, finally. Now I can move left.

Directly into 8 fuckin enemies.

Had to climb the first level of the pyramid to get them. Pictured is Web which was dumb because the dudes in there were magic men.

Area of Silence which is supposed to stop 100% all spells in the sparkly area did absolute dick and Antwoman took 40pts of lightning bolt. It was great.

We stand trimphant. Dory is at 22 hit points. No one else is much better.

I move around the pyramid because I want to see whats on the western wall (hint: More guards and fuckin Freyrs)

The first chance I get I say "Goodbye" because I legitimately don't care. I am praying for a bedroom somewhere on the west.

There's a grate right there. Since it worked last time I'm going for it.

There's a prisoner in the room. Lets free him! Oh, plague. gently caress that.

Well there's the solution right there. I'll shoot you in the face, old man.

Why does he want healing fruit? Didn't we just go over this?

I toss him some berries (because I ate all my healing poo poo) and he goes to sleep strengthened by the food. I get 2000 experience for it.

Just north of the prisoner is a grate.

I'm beginning to like eavesdropping on people.

Okay so now I've got a choice. Fight them all now, or let them go up top and fight them all later PLUS the other baddies. Well that's not even a choice at all.

We bust in like we own the place.

Jameson punches people, the mages sit there uselessly because they don't have any spells left.

Dory... fuckin Dory man. I am taking everything out of her inventory because with 9HP she's gonna die the second I climb up top and fight the enemy woman.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

With zero choice in the matter I go up.

She yells guards and everyone comes running. Even more have spawned across the entire map.

Four fireballs, lightning bolt and then...

Reroll time.

This time when we go up Josie gets the initiative. Wall of Fog seems to be the only smart thing to do. Now only the chick in white can hit us until they walk through the wall.

Jameson one-punches her and she drops.

Jesus christ.

The magic in the garden goes crazy and murders like 3/4 of the enemy. I consider running away.

Fireballs and everything fly around the entire map striking everyone not me.

And then I miss a screenshot or two. Once the magic runs out, enemies come through the wall. I absolutely didn't see one guy getting close and he cranked Jameson with 6 punches for ~15 each.

Jameson dies.

Dory punches back, we rule the day.

I take everything not nailed down and head back...

Antwoman raises Jameson from the dead.

Another nap and we are ready to continue our adventure. Time to sell stuff and head back to the Veiled Alliance to tell them all the cool poo poo I did. You know, stopping the evil from coming. That's got to be worth some cash...

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jul 5, 2016

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
In the fight? That's my wall of fog.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
God damnit I hosed up. These stupid god drat NPCs are always running around and getting themselves in dangerous places.

Whatever, I'm rolling with it. Instead of hearing exactly how to do a mission I'm being told to wing it myself. That's fine. I'll manage.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
And I also have another 90 images taken so far. Going to get to a stopping point and then get them all set to post.

I think we've got enough screenshots on this page already huh?

Only 17 more posts to get to a new page!

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Alright, gently caress it. Last post on this page. Post nonsense everyone!

We get experience and a 1d6+3 ninja star for Antwoman. It also does 1d4 burn damage every 1d6 attempts. So basically it's the worst weapon in the known world. Rather than walk up to someone and punch them for four attacks of 1d8+2 I get a single ninja star for a grand total of 13 damage if everything goes well. I mean, it's better than a bow and arrow, but not with the hundreds of +1 and +2 arrows I've been accumulating. My math is probably wrong, but in testing with them they are not very good.

Also he wants us to go get giant snake eggs.

We have 277,000 money. Also note the flail in Dorys hand. It's 1d8+2 weapon that casts disintegrate which has a chance to instakill an enemy. Talk about badass and overpowered...

Lets go tell the guys how awesome we are for diverting disaster and saving the world.

Oh snap, the Draxans are here! Maybe leaving the door wide open was a bad idea?

We kill the initial wave and save two people in the burning room you can barely see in the last screenshot. Now we head southeast.

Run past me, we'll handle this.

Huh, that's a lot of guys that can cast fireball and the fighters behind them will hit for 15 if they connect. They get 3 or 4 swings I think.

Jameson decides to take full advantage of the Haste that I had cast a while ago. He mows through all three spellcasters.

Josie fireballs for ~30ish damage which is great, but very rarely do I get a grouping like that.

Oh yeah the guy in blue. Lets go save him.

Why are they just standing next to him? Waiting for me to get there to trigger a battle maybe?

Yep.

Jameson kills 2 spellcasters immediately.

Two of the enemy move to fight Mathias and the unnamed alliance member in pink. Dory punches for fricken 45-50 damage from the back sometimes.

That door sounded very important, so lets go! No time to waste (other than looting everything that is magical and/or expensive.

I mean, he told us where it was. It's not like Dory did anything special here.

We enter. There is a long hallway with some loot and then....

God damnit. If I don't get initiative I'm going to get fireballed to gently caress.

So that's how it's going to go down huh?

Antwoman gets the initiative which sort of blows because she doesn't have any area spells or walls or anything. Instead she summons a water elemental to hopefully draw some fire.

They try to sneak behind us, but Jameson makes short work. Josie throws up a wall of fog to confound the spellcasters.

They walk through the wall and hit Josie enough that she is knocked unconscious. I also am at a total loss why I can't cast any spells with Antwoman here. She doesn't have any negative effects, it just seems randomly that I can't cast sometimes.

Dory goes down like the bitch she is, but luckily Jameson arrives and punches hard in her absence.

Dory was just knocked unconscious.

So right about now you guys who know the game mechanics are smirking about that badass flail Dory is using. Was using. It must have had a certain number of charges or something because all of a sudden it's gone.

It's gone every time I replay the fight. I start the fight with it, then end without it. God damnit.

Dory goes back to using the +4 dragonsbane and a +2 axe.

There was a chest, so I looted it.

We arrive back at the base and they have reinforcements. Dory blocks the door so Josie summons an earth elemental for them to fight.

The crew smite their enemies. But where the hell is Mathias?

The enemies are cleared out. I find a corpse with some weird stuff on it including a blue robe. That must have been Mathias. Looks like he ran right through the room where we were fighting and halfway down the hallway before dying. rear end in a top hat.

Time for a meeting...

But first I get healing.

Mathias is nowhere to be found, so Romila takes command.

But what is the Urn?

Sure, I'll take over this dangerous mission because it sounds like fun.

So I need to go get 3 more items, plus the Cup already in our possession. Great. Any idea where to start?

You're going to make me READ? Ugh, this is almost enough to make me reload so Mattias is alive.

Only one book has anything useful in it. Notice how it doesn't tell me where the gently caress to start looking?

The other books are about history...

...and the Jann.

I went to another location to look for scrolls to tell me where to begin when I hovered my mouse over a tapestry on the wall. It wasn't nailed down, so I take it. It probably means I need to repair it via the Jann, and seeing how there was Dye sitting on the ground below it...

The old lady gives us the thingy we need to save the world. Mighty nice of her.

So our list is really small now. I am sure I missed some stuff.

• Find out what the hell blue and white guy were talking about. Protect jann named Magnolia? Zorani getting information about an attack on sultan? Take caravan? Told to go get Magnolia.
  • Get giant snake eggs for fuckboi elf.
  • Get the three elemental items of ancient power to prevent the Urn from destroying the world. Fire Ruby, Promeres Hammer, Lyre of Winds.

Everything is screaming "Go out of the city to get the rest of these items" so I am planning on visiting the thieves now. No telling when I'll be back if we are going to go to the mines and a mountain west of the city.

Post nonsense, get a new page please.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jul 5, 2016

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Forgot a couple images:

The other Tapestry looks neat too.

And this one has a spot in it that would fit a coal or some kind of ember.

There is a brazier right next to it and I took a coal from it.

So it looks like the tapestries are how I will access the other locations for the elemental items. I probably should have figured that out a lot earlier. Hell, most of you probably put 2 and 2 together already.

That being said: I'm still doing thieves guild first. Then I'm going to the mountains. After that I'll go into the tapestries, but I need to get one tapestry repaired and the only way to do that is to find Magnolia to please the Sultan so the Jann can fix it for me.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Ah, yeah, Antwoman does take some hits. Mystery solved.

She does pretty good damage with her dual swords though!

Josie does dick for damage. drat thief. Would dual daggers help, or just a single dagger?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
158 more images ready to post. The thieves area was very underwhelming. I got a weapon that I am completely unsure of and need your help deciding if I should use it or not.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Alright, lets get to a new drat page people. ~200 images and counting to be posted.

I see this guy, he wasn't in town before.

That's a big boast for an underling.

He gets pissy, everyone attacks.

Jameson ends him.

And then works on the golems.

Dory has to run outside with Antwoman and kill a Templar who is a big jerkface.

We find a door. It's bolted into the wall and I can't touch it without getting shocked. I guess this is something I will have to deal with later.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

I am walking along and this guy jumps in front of me.

In my haste to murder I misclick from DIE SCUM to "Walk away, bitches."

They walk away, I am unable to force an encounter by shooting them. Ugh. poo poo.

I get to the inn and climb down the ladder.

This is the map. Oh good, make it difficult. Assholes.

There is one dude to talk to and nothing else, so I talk to him.

Anything I can do to help with this?

Well that was easy. What if I was an assassin?

I can't show you the map, so here:

A couple people guarding something right next to the entryway.

Some people along the west wall just sitting there.

A dude in a bed.

More people sleeping...

And a chef cooking a pig.

The closest guy to me is the bed guy who is also Shandel. Lucky us.

He tells me they find jewelry and gold trinkets to sell for provisions. Also tremors have started in the excavated area in the southwest.

I agree to help.

They let me pass.

It looks fine down there.

The screen shakes while this happens.

Multiple baddies? Oh no!

A little haste from Josie...

And Dory gets 3 kills before anyone else can move.

The guard is so impressed.

So here's where I start to screw up. Maybe not, but I am annoyed anyway.

The screen shakes, a guard whispers to Shandel.

The correct answer probably would have been "Whats in it for me?" because this sling sucks and after this is all done he doesn't even talk to me or give me anything.

I piss off the cook/healer then go to find the slot in the wall where the umber hulks broke through.

Do you see it? No? Me either. 20 minutes later I find it.

loving assholes hiding poo poo on me.

We start off next to some loot. Josie checks for traps, disarms it and then the chest refuses to open. No worries, I have a crowbar! I apply the crowbar and the crowbar disappears. God damnit.

There are chests, jewels, and skeletons aplenty to loot.

In the north there are a lot of enemies and one guy that needs rescuing.

The south has a bunch of this poo poo. Ugh.

The far west has a little temple with 8 of these golems in it. I'll save that for last so I can crank my healing stuff just before.

Yeah, I got it. I'm going north first.

I don't know why I bothered to summon that Earth elemental. These things go down to anyone but Josie.

Giant skeleton arises! I probably have a better screenshot elsewhere, I'll post it. Josie can kill these things with one attack so it's pretty funny.

And then a corpse appears for me to loot.

I begin collecting skulls.

If I disarm a trap the chest will not open. So I just start yanking them open with Dory. 10 damage here, 14 damage there... loving 58 damage at the 2nd to last chest I open. God drat that hurt. There are 10 or so chests in the entire level.

Dory reads the book. To be honest I'm surprised she knows how to read. Stolen keys, activate watchers... I am expecting to need keys to stop those golems from coming to life.

It's the worlds worst ambush plus another elemental summoning from Josie. Her level 5 spells really suck. Domination does well, but the enemy is never alive long enough for them to attack their teammates. Like in the first round I dominate an umber hulk. Dory/Jameson/Antwoman kill the rest and leave the one dominated guy that is now on my side. So now what do I do? Just wait for him to do nothing? No, I just murder his rear end so I can continue the game. It's annoying.

Regardless, we get to the guy.

Gee, will there be more ambushes on the way back?

There were 3. I took 6 damage to Josie.

So now I have to go south to the Freyrs. Ugh.

I find a key on a skeleton. Part of a key anyway. A circular key from the looks of it. Remind me to look for circular stuff for this to fit into.

The skeleton has a note. Josie has two different bags full of quest-related notes that I just never throw away.

She also has 2 full bags of skulls so far. That's 12 skeletons.

Antwoman got to summon an Elemental this time. We take some damage this time for sure. Going to need every bit of healing we can...

We get to the dead center of the map finally. We can go straight left to the special room or south and clear it all out for completions sake. I go south.

Shut up. You're not my mom, you can't tell me what to do.

Guess which chest this is? 58 damage chest! It had $3000 worth of gems in it. Ugh. I stop opening chests entirely since they are not worth it and I am going to need to save my HP for the golems.

Josie finds a note. Words of command, klaatu barata nikto, plus something about the keys. Who cares.

A skeleton with a key tells me something. I read it's diary.

I've got to kind of laugh at the exasperation of the priests.

All healed up so I go to the golem room.

That guy has a sword in his back.

Now you all see that circular indent in the front of the chest? It stops the golems from rising. However it doesn't give any experience. When given the option of zero experience or being able to punch things I usually pick punching.

Jose throws up a wall of ice to protect our backs.

And by now I notice that only 4 of the Golems came alive. I thought all 8 would. We take a bit of damage, but who the hell cares. A few more ambushes on the way out and we're good.

We go get healing.

He offers us Grub Pie. Jameson eats some.

Ah poo poo. Should not have done that.

This is all this jagoff will say to me. No one else says anything. I leave, angry.

However the sword I received has the following stats:
1d8+4
Something magical, probably a 1d6 chance at bleed damage maybe?
+4 to AC. This is bad. It makes Jameson from 2 to a 6AC.

Not sure if the sword is worth it, but it does great damage and I'll get to test out the magical ability here once I find some more suckers to kill.

I always give the beggar dude some cash on my way by. He could rent a room for $25 a night, so I don't know what the hell he's still doing out here.

I use the elf to sell stuff because I have a bunch of skeleton skulls and Freyr teeth that he'll buy back.

So now he wants me to get Drake hides in exchange for whatever a Deck of Illusions is. It's a deal.

We have way the gently caress too much money. I found some arrows for $1200 which I bought...

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
  • Find out what the hell blue and white guy were talking about. Protect jann named Magnolia? Zorani getting information about an attack on sultan? Take caravan? Told to go get Magnolia.
  • Get the three elemental items of ancient power to prevent the Urn from destroying the world. Fire Ruby, Promeres Hammer, Lyre of Winds.
  • Volcano tapestry looks like I can enter it anytime. Fire Ruby likely there.
  • Get drake hides for fuckboi elf

Here is where we stand. I am moving to the west gate toward the mountains and mines.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Jameson has the weapon equipped with a 1d8+2 club that sometimes does like 16 damage with some spell.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I don't really know. I found a walkthrough from 2000 that says to do it before going to the Jann, but those two quests don't overlap so I don't understand why. I found an LP on youtube (number 8 and 9 I think) where the guy gets the exact same message and he did the thieves guild way earlier than me.

The guy on youtube hates the sword. gently caress it, Jameson will be a glass cannon with it.

Up next: Fancy new boots and snekmen?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Trying real hard to get to a new page... 7 more posts after this one.

Here is the current loadout on the fighters. Sorry about the mouse in the way.

Jameson has Bloodletter and another +2 sword. He could use a shield and knock his AC down another 2, but the shield is pretty poo poo. In the last game I had like 5 amazing shields, but I've never even seen another shield so far.

Note that I've dressed him in red pants, red floppy hat, and red cloak. I can't find red shoes anywhere.

Josie has a +2 axe, and a 1d4+2 dagger. I have other +2 weapons, but she does 3-6 damage with anything I equip. Single dagger? 5 damage. Dual +2 daggers? 5 and 3 damage. Two swords? 6 and 3 damage. It's pretty insane.

She also is wearing a helm of domination just in case she can't cast something, she can use that. And a necklace of Protection from Evil, a 10 foot radius spell that improves saves and AC of friendly units.

Josie doesn't wear pants, she just wears a belt around her butt.

I do have questions about her leather bracers. I don't know what to wear.

A and B which I think are the exact same item.

Or C which gives 2 extra AC. Unsure why the price of A and B are 3 or 4x the price of C. I wish I knew what that magic enchantment does on them...

Antwoman has two +2 weapons and that ninja star I talked about a long time ago.

Kug has some decent weapons, clearly the most powerful we own up to this point.

Kug is wearing a bunch of different colors, shoes, hat, cloak, but I can't find oddly colored pants so she is also just wearing a belt instead of pants.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I have hosed up this jungle quest 4 times in a row now. Time to look at a guide.

I always trigger a quest that I don't want to do because there are 10 different holes in the ground and I cant keep them all straight. And the tunnels, so a bunch of entrances and exits...

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Now I know why I didn't finish this game as a kid. 278 images uploading now, and I still have no idea what the hell happened or how I would know to do half the things that I did. There is zero precedence on a lot of it. What the gently caress.

Someone post to get me on a new drat page, I'm not putting 300 more images on this page.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Lotish posted:

I just want to comment that I hate the Jann, based purely on what I read in this lp.

Get ready for a fuckin shitshow with this next update. It's ridiculously long, makes no sense (maybe it will in hindsight but...) and the Jann are my biggest :wtf: moment at the end.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
  • Get drake hides for fuckboi elf

I was told there would be mountains, but it looks like a jungle to me. A huge tree I can clearly walk up into, a vast cave, and 5 or 8 little holes in the ground. Also berries and a Jann (Magnolia?)

I don't even get done taking screenshots when random people walk up to me and want to fight.

This road is very well travelled. Guys from the mines come by, mercenaries, sometimes aggressive ones, and merchants all come by at regular intervals. And yes, of course I bought the bag of 2000 coin for 2000 coin.

I walk around for half an hour, completely gently caress up a few quests and reload. I try it again. Again. Oops, stepped into wrong hole. gently caress. Reload. Alright, now I'm getting som-gently caress. Reload.

Now I just jump online and find a walkthrough that names the holes I should hit in what order. I do it, and absolutely none of this makes sense but here we go...

I step down into a tunnel next to a little pond and find a note.

I have currently 800,000 coins. I dont fuckin care about their pay schedules. I do however find out accidentally how I can take advantage of this.

One of the barrels is attackable. I swing at it for a minute before I realize it can't be broken. I pick it up and move it. Nifty green boots are under it. These give a speed bonus to initiative, so Jameson gets to swing first in most battles. It also makes me walk quietly in certain places.

That greenish blue thing is a Sundew plant. I murder it.

There is an obelisk nearby that I investigate. The boots allow me to see serpent tracks.

The guide I am following tells me to leave the area now. The reason is that there is a single thing to do in the north and a hundred where I was, so lets get that out of the way.

I fuckin hate this. It's a giant walled off area with me on the outside.

A fuckin nerd snekman writing things down.

Lots of snakemen on some kind of raised dias, snakes guarding people... maybe short people? Dwarves? I don't know.

And outside the wall I find our objective.

(no they won't. I've seen them fight. They go down like bitches)

I agree to help and ask for double pay. My request is rejected.

Sneak in through tunnels, blow conch to summon Edelman. Got it.

I head back to the original area and am confronted by some short people.

He brings me back to his home.

Nice pad broseph.

I legitimately don't know what to do here. This is an either-or quest. I can either look for the pool or his friends. To be completely honest I'd rather look for the pool of heroism because I bet it gives me some bonus or something.

So thats what I do.

The instant I say I'll find the pool these guys appear.

I manage to save all three of those little runts.

I take the flash that was just above the little dude down bottom and add it to the inventory.

I climb down the tree and enter a specific tunnel. Not one of the 8 wrong ones, a very specific one that doesn't trigger the final quest for this area. If I go down the wrong one it starts a quest I can't stop.

A woman stands in a magic scribed circle thing and she's basically helpless.

She refuses to tell me certain things. I talk to her more and she reveals all. That was difficult.

I haven't seen either village. Wait, is the halfling village in the tree one of them?

So these evil snakeguys showed up and killed everyone except the giant.

I stop evil at every opportunity of course!

She now trusts me.

She tells me to get some roots from yet another very specific hole. Not the wrong one, has to be the specific hole.

gently caress, not this one. I walk out quietly.

Found her garden.

I give her the roots and she says she was just hungry and wanted to eat them.

I already met Snaggle. We're bro's now.

So the snakemen want to destroy all life as we know it.

This sounds important, so I agree to help.

Go get berries from zombie plants. Guess where they are? Yep, down a different hole.

The zombies actually hit kind of hard.

She likes the berries and tells me about her son. I agree to meet him after we defeat Solurnis the snake.

I accidentally walk up a random tree in the middle of the place near a road.

So if these were the templars with their 8 guards carrying all of their money, chances are I could ambush them for their money. These are not them and I'm already getting sick of this area so I climb down and leave.

I climb down the RIGHT hole this time and am accosted by snakes.

You all know that they dont like anyone, so talking to them results in the exact same "gently caress you kill them" speech. I kill them first.

I head north because I see the fricken pool that I need.

I hide in an alcove and get 1000 exp for everyone.

Instead of 8 of them there are only 2 now. We murderize them.

The way is clear to this, so I do this. This thing heals anything, including death. I figure if I'm this close to it I might as well go kill all the other poo poo thats down here before I heal and exit the tunnels.

Oh wait, I legitimately can't do that or I gently caress up the main quest. Reload.

I exit the tunnels to the north and I am inside of the walled in area. Right where our warrior buddies wanted me to be. But I'm not close enough to the temple so I don't blow the conch.

This guy actually talks to me. They aren't supposed to talk to me.

He tells me about the other two bigwigs in the snakeman group.

I don't even know what the gently caress I am going to do with a note.

The scribe begins talking to me.

I ask him about El, a super magic dude who tried to kill all other magic dudes.

El's magic gold horde is gone of course.

I try to start the letter with "Hey you stupid worm" and they don't let me.

So I am forced to start with Dear Tantris.
Next line: Don't let Solurnis summon El (because that makes sense. El will murder everyone).

Next line: Otherwise you're a weakling.

They laugh and laugh because apparently I'm appealing to his macho side. Now how in the hell do I get a note like this to a snakeman that will attack me on sight?

I try everything I can think of, can't figure anything out. 30 minutes later I consult the walkthrough.

Tie the note to a rock. How in the loving hell would I have figured that out? You can't combine ANY items in this game up until now. And now I'm supposed to pick up a rock, stack it with the note, and then throw it at Tantris? What the gently caress this game is bullshit.

I do it, and I'm pointing at it with the mouse.

This is not Tantris. This is Solunis. For some reason the guy summoning the evil El guy is not the guy standing on the temple in the magic-casting area.

There's Tantris.

He yells his response to the air for some reason.

I move closer and then blow the conch shell because I really have no idea what I'm doing.

We attack them from two sides. The snakes send everyone at us. That includes the 8 down south, plus 3 more up top that magically appeared. And the seven on the temple floor to begin with. At least we got the halflings free.

My warrior buddies have some decent hit points. Maybe 50 or 60. They last for 3 rounds of combat.

Dory kills one of the different colored ones, Jameson kills another.

Jethis? Whatever his name is, he yells at us to stop.

He tries to gain control of the situation.

Tantris disputes his claim. Maybe this is Solunis. I don't even fuckin know. This is all bullshit.

They bicker back and forth, the political undercurrents of the conversation are riveting.

He attempts to regain control of the (guessing) unruly crowd. I ask him if he wants to die on or off the throne.

He changes his tone right quick and tells me to get out of here.

Tantris or whoever is not fooled.

Oh, so now we're loving buddies? Also this makes a lot of sense why it took me a long time to kill the last enemy. Maybe he wasn't my enemy. Oops.

Somehow the blood spilled or Solunis finishes his incantation and El appears!

I mean, El is human so technically he's my friend right? He wants to kill everyone, but he's at least my same species.

Someone magicballs Antwoman for 86 damage. What the gently caress.

Antwomans elemental draws fire while Jameson, with 20hp left, charges into the fray to take down El.

He finishes off El. Dory has been busy on the other side taking out the snakes so I felt OK killing EL now.

Dory takes out the last one. Every single one of the warrior guards died like 12 rounds of combat ago.

God drat we need to get healed. Think I can drink from that magic flask I'm carrying? Of course not.

I go back to the magic pool and drink up. Antwoman rises from the dead.

The snake Solunis somehow teleported down into the tunnel. We need to kill him to keep the druid alive.

He's not happy to find that our resident glass cannon is carrying Els Drinker (vampiric attack) and the +4hit +4ac sword. This will hopefully ensure that he survives long enough to use Bloodletter.

He summons some poo poo skeletons, we kill them all.

Inscribed on the wall are two tomb-ish things with these inscriptions. I'm sure those are more like guidelines and not "this weapon will murder the entire world" for real.

Down south are baby snakes. I need snake eggs.

What the gently caress are you talking about? This is what I mean about quests triggering in weird orders.

I kill a bunch of snakes.

And fall into a pit trying to get this treasure.

Antwoman can neutralize poison, so this is a non-issue. Plus the magic healing pool is like 30 seconds north.

Josie climbs us out of the pit.

gently caress.

So I head left where I think there are clowns. Yes, clowns.

So umber hulks are mind controlled or something? None of this makes sense.

See that little tiny pink thing above the umber hulk? That's an intellect devourer. Jameson's sword (El's drinker) does 10 damage. Nothing else does more than 1 to them.

Told you there were clowns. Oh, mindflayers. My bad. Those things look like Pennywise.

They die super easily and I am unable to loot anything they have. I get 2 scrolls, one is summon greater elemental so that's pretty nice.

I am annoyed I can't get into the tunnel back where I killed Solunis, so I head back there and keep clicking for another 5 minutes. Finally I click the right spot.

Lets see where this goes.

I am top left.

Looks like halflings? I thought I freed all of them back in the snake area.

They are blocked in by a rock. I move it and expect them to all file out nicely so I finally leave this godforsaken area.

This guy is a dick. He should go hang out with the Jann.

I am getting a bad vibe from this dude.

The only other person I can talk to is this girl.

Did I just kill runner? The halfling whose head exploded? I don't understand any of this.

I make up a plan and then she reads it back to me.

Rock Sap is black goop that is sticky.

I still don't know if I am supposed to wait next to her or not. Inside the door or outside the door? Be more specific for fucks sake.

I choose wisely... Runner shows up, gets stuck and I immediately attack. Well, actually I talked to him the first time and he literally shot across my screen like a bullet. Never saw him again. Reloaded and then attacked him immediately.

She Rock Saps him.

I slay him.

I am 100% completely unable to give her the map. I leave in disgust.

Yay? So the entire tunnel system is clear and I leave.

So I guess I should have done the Giant first. Magnolia was initially outside of his big rock area tied up, but then I went north and never saw her again.

I go wake up the giant.

We have a rock-rolling contest for her. Dory wins by a little.

I also could have paid 1000 for her, or threatened to curse him, or just broken the locks on her chains when she was there. Everything works. Except the fact she isn't even here anymore.

I swing by the halfling area and no one is there. The trees are empty and I can't find them anywhere. Maybe they found a new place to live.

I don't know what is going on so I just leave and head back to the Jann to see if she is free.

She is alive! And she screams "YOU JUST LEFT ME THERE TO DIE YOU rear end in a top hat" at me. Sorry, I got sidetracked. How did you get out?

Isnt this the quest I already did like 5 updates ago?

Yeah, this is the "accidentally put on the red vest" thing and get a note quest from ages ago. Is there another merchant camp that I don't remember? What the gently caress is going on here?

I go see the sultan because I don't know what is going on. He says I saved his daughter and I'm a hero.

Wooo treasure!

I plunge my hands into the treasure and come up with 3 random things. 9000 coin and a scroll of poo poo. :woop:

Everything I say to her results in the same. What a stone cold bitch.

On my way out I talk to the Sultan again.

So this must be the quest that Magnolia is stuck in a loop about?

I take everything. I find a 1d6+3 bow which is nice. Usually they are 1d6-2. Josie equips it and a bunch of +3 arrows so maybe she'll stop being useless in combat. Seriously, she casts Haste, wall of ice/fog, and nothing else.

One more stop... About that tapestry. There is one route of conversation available. End result: She keeps the tapestry for a few days and tries her best.

Yeah, Magnolia has got to be stuck in a loop. Someone tell me if I should do something here or if I can safely ignore it. The sultan won't talk to me anymore, the nice Jann who invited me back to his tent won't say anything new either.

Oh poo poo I forgot all about the druid. Back to the forest I go!

The druidess is gone. In her place is her son like she said.

I told him to join Tyr's fight with the Veiled Alliance and he 100% cut off all conversation with me and stood in a corner.

I went back to Tyr, sold everything, and now I'm ready to go into the mines. The tapestry will take a few days so this will be a good diversion.

• Go into the mines.
  • Find out if Magnolia is glitching or if there is something else for me to do with a merchant? I don't know of any merchants.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Jul 8, 2016

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

I go to the mine leader guy to get the key and my canary dies.

Yada yada yada I get a key for 1000 coin.

I notice that the third door is open to the halflings tree when I go toward the mine.

They have a new leader, Snaggle died (maybe he didnt get the flask in time?) but no one was here a little while ago so I dont know what is going on.

We are up to 1.3 million ceramics pieces. This is the hafling vendor that has an unlimited supply of +2 magic arrows. Everyone is using them now.

He starts off saying something, then changes completely to "you found the pool."

I give him the flask, he gives me the still-full flask back. I still can't use it anywhere.

I already did this, I apparently didn't talk to these guys before doing the jungle quests.

I tell this guy to go be an adventurer because he's bored.

There are a few other halflings, but nothing worth noting. They all say the same thing after a while. On to the mines!

Josie gets 500xp for picking the lock to the mines.

Oh yeah of course I'm those guys.

There are problems in the mines. We can fix that.

Of course its broken. I'll fix that too.

The best part of this whole thing is that it's a giant shitshow of a maze. Nothing is straightforward. Want to go south to the elevator? North, west, west, west-north. gently caress you, maze.

I enter the maze... 3 exits on this one.

I would guess this is the current dig site. I start randomly picking entrances and exits. I don't know what I'm doing.

Umber Hulks probably killed some of the miners. I wouldn't think they could kill all of them, so there must be a nasty down lower.

Randomly walking around... I find 5 or 6 more Umber Hulk ambushes.

I found the elevator! It doesn't work. God damnit.

A dead end leads to this guy. He's a treasure hunter. Hold on to your butts, it's storytime.

So there we have it. We're going to find the hammer here. So the two tapestries will be the Fire Ruby and the Lyre of Winds.

Dibs on using it to make a sword.

He's sure this is the place. So lets go get the 2nd magic item that we need. Then we'll be half-done this go-fetch quest.

Well gently caress I need the wheel for this cocksucker first.

Why the hell is this in their kitchen/bedroom area?

I eat some soup.

And find the miner that has been scarred by his ordeal.

Okay the mines need fresh air. I'll have to do this at some point I bet.

Stupid umber hulks.

Did they block me in? God damnit.

Bring one of those digger things!

This is going to be awesome!

What the gently caress.

And then he talks nonsense for a while. He digs, but doesn't need tunnels to get places. He digs tunnels for fun and has for 20 years. He's one of those legendary miners from Dwarf Fortress that just sort of walk through the stone at a normal pace.

He gives me a whistle in case I need him to help me again.

Found the wheel!

And I get horribly lost on my way back to the ore cart. My notepad is a scratch of random lines and I can no longer read the drat thing.

I saved them, they explain how they mine, and then I leave.

I accidentally hit a lever somewhere and unlocked the cart. I didn't even know that I had to do that. Thought it was just a wheel.

Ugh finally. iIve been wandering for 10 minutes.

I stand it upright and hop in.

And it brings me back here. I haven't really gone north much, so I go ahead and do that.

I talk to the overseer. I am unable to sell my ore because she runs over there at roughly the speed of light and I am a lot slower than that. She gets to the weigh station, waits, says "Guess he's not coming" and comes back here before I even get out of the room.

Not pictured: Me walking around for 20 minutes trying to figure out what to do.

I find this air blowy place. I'll just turn the fan and...

That's not how fans work. This is like a windmill, not a fan.

But whatever, i just turn them to blow toward exits.

I turn these to blow toward the exit west...

I miss screenshots in 2 or 3 other rooms because how many of these do you guys need?

Well this is just poo poo luck. My canary died, but I found this place after I was already doing the fan quest. Yay me!

There is a dude down in the corner over there. It's got to be the dickwad with the elevator key.

Give me the drat key.

He drops the key regardless, so I just stop the conversation with him.

I memorize the key for the elevator.

Then get so fuckin lost on my way here... Turns out the giant ore truck that I just fixed will beeline it here. That's a bonus. I just wish I had known about it 10 minutes ago.

• Look for Promeres hammer in the lower mines.
  • Kill whatever is chasing the Umbers into the upper mines. Mindflayers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Thats it for me this week. See you all Monday.

That's 380 images in two posts.

Too much? Too little?

Want more commentary? Less?

Want me to go revisit areas?

• Remind me to go check on the druids son that I sent to the Veiled Alliance. :siren: forgot this
  • Look for Promeres hammer in the lower mines.
  • Kill whatever is chasing the Umbers into the upper mines. Mindflayers?

• Locked thread