Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
House of Fortune, The Vault, May 15

quote:

Mortify: Okay, I cast my vision 5 squares closer to him after moving the maximum distance towards him I can without exposing my position and then my passive perception is 32. What's he working on.

It is a bladed edge. The final form is yet to be determined. If Thaddeus finishes it himself it will undoubtedly be an Implement Dagger.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Dec 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Sunbright silently grabs Ambrose's hand and leads him close to the edge of the wall, staying just out of that random kobald's line of sight (who is he again anyway?). She then blinks with him in tow behind the wall to the Cursing Apparatus, so they can inspect it.

(use etherial sidestep to blink along with Ambrose)

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

When you Teleport you produce a muted pulse in the area around you that doesn't go very far, similar to when you produced the ritual in the previous area, though that made a much bigger and louder pulse. Thaddeus doesn't react to this small pulse.

The machine has a platform large enough for a person to stand on to the left and three smaller spots that look like output nodes to the right. There aren't any obvious controls coming from the arcane eye on the northern part but it hums with ambient magical energy. Your baseline Arcanas are sufficient to interface with the projected holoscreens typical of Isabelle's designs. However, there remains the issue of your talent as craftsmen! You can interact with something placed on the left platform, presumably something cursed... but you're not sure what will happen as it is powered by the user's magical skill.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Flagelo - House of Fortune

Flagelo skulks around the wall, obscured by the pillar as he leaps over the water and approaches the large guardian statue, while making /wave gestures towards the rest of the party to follow him.

Double moving to the statue at -E8!
Athletics: 1d20+25 26 holy crap thank god powerful athlete lets me roll twice
Athletics: 1d20+25 30

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Dec 6, 2018

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Memento-Mori // Noriko - The Heist!

Private Message to Sunbright posted:

Memento-Mori: (๑・`▱´・๑)
Memento-Mori: if you're going to steal my pet boy you could at least fill me in on your plan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eyeing Tsukiyo's feats of athletics, she quickly realizes this plan won't work for her either

Party Chat posted:

Memento-Mori: hey Tsuki...
Memento-Mori: if you think you might get spotted i can turn you invisible... as long as he doesn't have true sight
Memento-Mori: which... he might...
Memento-Mori: (・д・)
Memento-Mori: he's ten levels higher than us! so let's be extra careful...

Racking her brain, she considers ways to approach the problem from her own seating - there was no way she was getting as close as Tsuki, especially after her class change!!! After a moment, she takes a deep breath, has a seat in the middle of the floor, and settles on solving the problem through one of her truest, most darkest passions. An evil art she'd spent many months mastering in the darkened spaces of her sanctuary... The dark art... of the roleplayer!!!!!

Swooping over to the statue in the center of the room, Crowley takes a perch on her head, digging his claws into grooves sculpted into the hair before shaking out his feathers and puffing up like a ball of crow. Clearing his throat, he pipes up in his "own" voice, a tinny, hollow imitation of Robert Smith from The Cure. "Hail, noble cousin. I have come to make Parley on behalf of my master, lesser ape that she may be. Surely we can discuss this like civilized blokes, per the right of accord as set out by the [Ancient Saurials] who came before us?"

Party Chat posted:

Memento-Mori: i don't want to hear it!!!!!
Memento-Mori: ...
Memento-Mori: don't even start!!!!
Memento-Mori: ༼ つ ͠° ͟ ͟ʖ ͡° ༽つ

Plopping down a few tiers of the statue, Crowley fans out his wings in a dramatic territorial display, before lowering them and bowing his head in deference to the superior dinosaur. "as per the custom of the Corvid Tribe, i offer you my ceremonial pinfeather as a sign of faith in our negotiation. snap it and injure me, rejecting our discourse, or carefully split the sheathe and free my feather from it's cage, and name me friend for life, regardless of our affiliations, as was the way of the ancient saurials, so it is the way of today."

Diplomacy: 1d20+28 38

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Dec 6, 2018

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.
Ambrose <the Black Blade> // The House of Fortune - Heist

Thaddeus! As if the jolly band of misfits Braxienne was herding around wasn't complication enough. "Before we do anything we should- ah!" Ambrose reacts in surprise as Sunbright takes his hand, but curiously follows her along to the cursing station without protest.

"I didn't realize you had picked up teleportation powers, Sunbright. That's useful." He gives her an approving nod before examining the arcane device. "Three outputs? Wouldn't it make more sense if it was the other way around, if this device was just meant to curse an item? There's got to be more to it..." His thoughts are interrupted by Crowley's croaking! Did Thaddeus find them!? As he listens in, he covers his mouth and lets out a muffled laugh. Roleplaying!

Party Chat posted:

Ambrose: Don't worry Mori, do your thing
Ambrose: It's cute ღ(ゝ◡╹)ノ♡
Ambrose: Keep him stalled, try to not initiate anything before we've explored the room properly
Ambrose: Flagelo, we need you over here
Ambrose: We found something that might be able to remove your curse

Sockerbagarn fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Dec 6, 2018

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Party Chat posted:

Memento-Mori: idk...
Memento-Mori: i think the baara look suits her... him? heheh
Memento-Mori: so masculine...

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Party Chat posted:

Flagelo: Don't even start this crap, S&M queen.
Flagelo: Also I'll check that in a moment, I just want to scout the room a bit before heading towards you guys...

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Blushing terribly, Noriko hastily pounds out a response

Party Chat posted:

Memento-Mori: w-w-what!?!?
Memento-Mori: you pervert!!!
Memento-Mori: thats... thats not what im into at all!!!!
Memento-Mori: absolutely not!!!
Memento-Mori: no way!!!!!!!!!

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Tsukiyo: The massive copper-bronzeworks statue is huge but surprisingly light for the size. It feels like a single person with decent Strength could push it freely, although generating a great deal of noise in doing so. A trio of untrapped chests sit temptingly nearby under the watchful eye of one of the great Bat Guardian statues, currently inert. The death field hums as you'd expect it to, a neon red field of magical energy promising a swift end to the foolish. There's no sign of controls or any way to interact with the field.

Noriko: You decide to play with fire, sending Crowley to address Thaddeus directly. At the sign of the crow flying in and then the spoken parley, Thaddeus whips around in a startled spin to face the source of the noise! His jaw flexes in a large grimace before he raises a single talon. "Know this, minion of malice! Any true-hearted address to one of Draconic Lineage would be delivered in person and with sizable tribute!" He's clearly hostile yet there's something about the change in his voice, the forced straightening of his back, the attempt to seize heroic posture and to speak clearly from the chest... Thaddeus does not use voice filtering so this is somebody sitting at their monitor giving it the full bravado of a How To Speak In Public lecture! "I know of your vile machinations and I will not be so deceived!" He thrusts the extended talon forward in a point and Crowley inflates with burning energy for a split second before exploding into a fully cooked and headless cartoon chicken, landing at the foot of the statue with a gentle tinkle on the glass tile and a quiet sizzling. Crowley has been slain!

: However! He's still in character! Thaddeus raises both hands skyward and looks around in a slow loop, his attention taken away from his surroundings! He paces back and forth, staying in place. "Witch! If you would bargain with me, have the courage to do so! No Red will suffer the insult of a such a lowly messenger!"

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Memento-Mori winces as Crowley gets singed, and a moment later Noriko lets out a yelp as Crowley pecks her hand and chomps down on her fingers in a futile show of defiance. "ah...! i'm sorry!!!!" Lifting her goggles just long enough to glance at her pet, he throws his head back and hops over to his cage indignantly.

Party Chat posted:

Memento-Mori: SO
Memento-Mori: (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Memento-Mori: RUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Taking a deep breath, she stands, casts Greater Invisibility on herself, and rounds the corner. "hmmm, if i had the courage? or the stupidity?" wishing she still had access to Ghost Sound, she instead just relies on staying moving, pacing around the room so her voice isn't stationary enough to be hit by randomly cast spell, hoping he doesn't have true sight. She also does not bother with a filter, though her tone is a bit haughtier than usual. "he was showing you a gesture of respect and submission and you attacked him for no reason. if anything, it was confirmation that my caution was warranted... Imperious. Egotistical. Brash..." she makes a thoughtful noise. "...it's almost as if you strive to live up to the stereotype."

A moment later, Crowley chimes in once again, this time over Mori's voice feed. "Lowly?!?!! You're just an underdeveloped bird, mate! Marrow in your bones! You forgot to evolve your scales into feathers!!! CAWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!"

"Crowley!!!!" Noriko's voice comes in a little more muffled this time as she shoos the bird off the back of her chair. Her voice quickly begins moving around again as Noriko slips back into character. "...you really upset him, you know! i'm going to have to spend hours preening him to get him to calm down. how rude! I'd assumed it was just your ill-mannered followers who behaved this way, but it seems the apples haven't fallen far from the tree." a distant, muffled voice complains: "-probably can't even build a nest! awful!!!!"

"you clearly know you're being invaded, and my allies aren't far behind. if we want to have a productive discussion, it's better that we get it out of the way before they get here... i think you'll find the rest of my friends are less amenable to conversations with the enemy. scouting ahead affords me... certain opportunities that might otherwise be missed. do you understand what i am getting at? i'm here for personal gain, you're here to make sure yours doesn't get erased. so why not talk it out like civilized adults?"

Bluff: 1d20+21 41
(using a minor action every round to sustain greater invis)

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Dec 7, 2018

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Party Chat posted:

Flagelo: Your fault for sending the familiar in first place.
Flagelo: In any case, place seems to have movable statues, chests and stuff.
Flagelo I'd rather investigate the place without Lizardweeb there, though.

While Mori does the whole RP song and dance, Flagelo tries to quietly go around the place, heading this time towards the coffin room's direction (-A/-1)while trying to keep away from Thaddeus' view.

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Dec 7, 2018

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Party Chat posted:

Memento-Mori: oooooooooooooooh!!!!!
Memento-Mori: just for that... i hope you stay cursed that way forever!
Memento-Mori: just abs and muscles for days!
Memento-Mori: glistening and rippling with every step!!!
Memento-Mori: oozing with masculinity!!!
Memento-Mori: extremely popular with the ladies!
Memento-Mori: it'd serve you right!!!!

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

/

House of Fortune - (#attakisback #thedrifter #lastresortandspa)

When the time is right and Thaddeus is distracted, attak move to the northern room where Flagelo has been, sticking towards the walls to try and remain unseen. He is not unstealthy, but he is no expert sneak. If he comes across any glass squares, he steps over them purposefully so as to minimize glass noises. Once there, he'll carefully move towards the field, trying to keep himself out of direct line of sight as Thaddeus follow's Mori's disembodied voice.

Once in position attak uses his superior dog senses to observe the environs underneath the death field as if he were standing within in! If he finds no traps, he will sniff the air thoroughly, keeping tabs on Thaddeus and move carefully nearer to the dangerous zone. Using nothing but his immeasurable willpower, he will untie the sacks of gold from afar, and will the plentiful contents into his hoard.

---
* Stealth: 1d20+17 29
* Attempting to get to ~ -E8, where Flagelo was...
* Cast vision to -F13 with Sensing Eye and observe (Perception: 1d20+22 36) the insides of the field and the artifact stand for traps
* If no traps detected, cast vision to -A9 to watch Thaddeus and move carefully towards -G11 - able to retreat if he moves to have LOS on me...
* Begin to undo the ties on the sacks of gold with Telekinetic Grasp, and once able, begin ferrying gold into my pouch - up to 20 lbs per pull.

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Noriko wasn't the only one flustering behind the VR goggles from her back and forth with Tsukiyo. Akio could feel his ears redden as he reads the party chat. Just by how fervently Noriko denied it it was obvious that she was definitely into that kinda stuff!!!

Looking for a way to pass the time since Flagelo was as of yet nowhere to be seen, Ambrose approaches the nearby bat guardian statue to examine it. Was it purely for decoration, or did it serve a purpose like the ones with the scanning lasers they saw earlier? He attempts to detect any magic presence lingering within it.

Party Chat posted:

Ambrose: Hmm, I wonder if she maybe wants to stay that way, Mori
Ambrose: It's quite curious that she ran off to the opposite side of the room as soon as we found a chance to lift the curse
Ambrose: Most curious indeed...

Detect/Identify magical effect on the statue at S16
Arcana: 1d20+34 35
Arcana Reroll: 1d20+34 37

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

quote:

"he was showing you a gesture of respect and submission and you attacked him for no reason. if anything, it was confirmation that my caution was warranted... Imperious. Egotistical. Brash..." she makes a thoughtful noise. "...it's almost as if you strive to live up to the stereotype."

: "Stereotype!? This is the TRUTH! of my being! I am of chromatic blood and red heritage! Pitiful mortal, to step before me without an offering for my horde!? A feather from a familiar!? Bah! You'll not hoodwink THADDEUS DRAGONSBLOOD!" He raises his hands, casts his gaze to the South and activates an item! "TRUE SIGHT!" An emblem of an eye of truth manifests over his forehead as he glares from side to side.

quote:

"you clearly know you're being invaded, and my allies aren't far behind. if we want to have a productive discussion, it's better that we get it out of the way before they get here... i think you'll find the rest of my friends are less amenable to conversations with the enemy. scouting ahead affords me... certain opportunities that might otherwise be missed. do you understand what i am getting at? i'm here for personal gain, you're here to make sure yours doesn't get erased. so why not talk it out like civilized adults?"

: Bluff: "If you want to have a productive discussion, appear before me and make your offer! I have cards in my hand and you're stalling with a bird and parlor tricks!" He certainly believes you're alone. "And let your friends come. Perhaps I'll find you all and show you how a superior mind attains flight while raining your doom upon you..."

Thaddeus remains greatly distracted yet has True Sight and is watching the South. Weasel slides away as Thaddeus steps a bit closer and faces him, remaining safe in physical Stealth and behind generous amounts of cover. Likewise Itsumi and Akio aren't seen through the walls.

Flagelo: The coffin remains inscrutable. There seems to be no obvious use or controls for it. Just a massive device with a single coffin-shaped input/output. At least there's some untrapped treasure nearby!

Takashi: The Death Field simply exists. It is pure magic. The artifact stand doesn't seem trapped but perhaps Isabelle thought anything beyond the Death Field was very redundant. You psionically ferry loot twice, drawing 2,000 gold out of the treasure piles. Although this evades the Death Field it will take forever to claim the full sum..

Akio: There are simple enchantments in the style of reactionary if commands. Based on proximity these will produce laser fields if you attempt to damage the Cursing Station. The others are probably similar, reacting if "misdeeds" are committed to their linked stations. Thaddeus might invoke them as well, also based on proximity.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Flagelo tries to pocket the treasure around the coffin before heading south!

Party Chat posted:

Flagelo: Found us some loot and another weird mechanism!
Flagelo: Keep the dweebenheimer occupied while I finish looking around here...

Moving to E/-2

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Tsukiyo: You immediately seize another 1,700 Gold Per Player! However you'll need to dedicate a bit of time to rounding up the bigger clump of loot!

: "Don't be shy!" Thaddeus starts turning to face the North!

---

quote:

Sunday May 24

: At school on Saturday during lunch break, Akane and Noriko notice an attractive older boy heading around the room after talking to a small group of freshmen girls. Seems to be the same type of popular doofus as Takashi.

: "That guy's such a weirdo.." Your BFF munches on some vending machine chips while watching him go, her eyes narrowed to match a cat's focused curiosity.

: "eh?" Noriko looks up from her phone as the sound of a blood-curdling scream quietly echoes from her phone's speaker. "...ah, no, i missed it...!" pausing the clip, she glances at the boy. "what's his story? i don't really pay much attention to that sort of boy... popular kids are really strange." Tapping her phone for a moment so the screen doesn't autolock, the frame is paused at the tail end of a brutal chain-sawing.

: "He's on the student council and every time he sees me he acts like he has to be somewhere else!" She crosses her arms and glares him right out of the cafeteria, though admittedly he just walks away with her eyes fixed to his back. "Oooh, if, if he's gonna act like I set his cat on fire or stole his lunch.. maybe he should let me do it first!"

: "... Which one? It's hard to tell with you" Akane casts a chip at Hideaki's face, slaying him for his valiant chop busting.

: "ehhh???" she looks up at him creeping on the table of girls and back to Akane. "that's weird... he looks like the type who can't leave a cute girl alone... if he's on the student council... heh heh, maybe he's afraid of Takano?"

: "Ohh! You think? I mean.." She frames her face with her hands, bats her eyes and shifts her shoulders for a nice chest jiggle. "I'm freaking adorable!" Ichiro finishes mad creepin' and heads down a hallway, leaving the lunchroom.

: Noriko nods in the affirmative. "...you might even be the cutest girl at school! certainly in your age group!" she blurts out the compliments and immediately feels embarassed!! "...um... do you think i should put a tail on him?" she shoots a glance to the window where Crowley is perched, who is staring longingly at an unattended container of French Fries he can't reach.

: Waiting for Hideaki to be distracted chatting to Sato about something, Akane leans over to whisper to you. "Sure, what good's being a witch if you don't use it to meddle..?" Before she pulls back she gives Noriko's cheek a little kiss!

: Noriko turns a shade of red, shrinking inward a little as she squeezes Akane's hand under the table. "b-baka..." Nodding to Crowley, the bird takes one last, wistful look at the unattainable fries and heads off after Ichiro

: Hideaki and Sato look over to you two. "Huh?" "Hmm? Who's an idiot?"

: Shadowing Ichiro, Crowley observes the older boy cornering Itsumi alone in a hallway and asking her with a leer: "Hey, are you done with those write ups? Hattori will be on my butt if anything's out of place! It sure is a lot of work with that field trip, hmm?" As always, Ichiro has dumped his Student Council responsibilities onto Itsumi.

: "I'm working on it! I've had a lot of work with my classes too!" Itsumi says

: "You should have plenty of time with how much you're avoiding me, Kasaya." He laughs and passes a folder to Itsumi. "More work coming, all the sports clubs will have regionals soon.. be a dear, K?" He stalks off, not even waiting for your agreement!

: Itsumi snatches the folder and stomps away, heading somewhere to look it over.

: Akane nudges Noriko: "Well? What's it look like.. as the bird flies?"

: "...hmmm." Noriko looks stern for a long moment before looking at her phone. "oooooooh. ooooooooooh.... i don't like that man." She grabs her phone and her things, shooting a concerned look to Akane. "i gotta go take care of something. i'll fill you in later, okay?"

: Akane shares your concern. ".. Kay."

: Noriko smiles to Akane. "thanks. i'll talk to you soon, ok?" with a quick bow, she heads out of the cafeteria, following Crowley's path to wherever Itsumi went off to hide.

: Noriko finds Itsumi sitting on a bench, leafing through the pages that Ichiro handed her. She looks up as Noriko approaches.

: "hey, itsumi..." she raises her hand in greeting. "...what are you doing?" the question is more of a statement, really, her tone seeming less inquisitive and more accusatory. "i saw that boy push that stack of work on you."

: "Oh, nothing. He's just on the student council and gives me work to do to help keep it going," Itsumi replies calmly.

: Noriko shakes her head. "come on, Itsumi... that's not what it looked like, or how it sounded..." walking over to a nearby window, she cracks it a couple of inches and a moment later, Crowley pokes his head through the gap, repeating the conversation, verbatim, even getting the voices right! "...to note, i was spying on him, not you. but, um... if you want to talk about what's really going on, maybe i can help you. and, um... maybe you can help me with a problem i'm having too."

: Looking up, Itsumi pauses for a second before replying softly, "Well, he's been forcing me to do pretty much all of his work... what kind of problem are you having though??"

: "...forcing you?" Noriko looks incredulous, but continues. "...when we were in the house of fortune, you made an off-handed comment after my class change... i did cut another deal. without hesitation. and then shortly after, i did it again. i owe a terrible thing something terrible."

: "That sounds really scary... what kind of help do you need..?"

: "i've been mulling it over in my head... what to do... how to approach it. there's only one other person who knows about the deal, and... um. they can't help me. i don't think anyone else in our group can either... what i was asked to do is mean. cruel. don't take this the wrong way... but i saw you in the house of fortune. i think you can do what needs to be done. the others are... weak, at least when it comes to this sort of thing. i need to ruin someone close to us. i need to do so much damage that they never want to see any one of us ever again." she crosses her arms. "the spirit told me to sever one of our bonds of fate. i thought about setting the gym at nekketsu on fire, but... i like those people too much. i need better targets. now that that's out... what's going on with you and that boy? why are you letting him push you around?" Noriko frowns. "i just don't get it... it doesn't seem like you."

: "So... I think the problem is that he likes me too much. He keeps making passes on me, wanting to make me date him... holding things over my head that I really don't want to get out."

: "...that's really gross. blackmailing you to do his work, and to try to get you to date him? that's the worst kind of man... what a creep." Noriko pauses, hesitating for a moment. "um. i don't want to pry, but... what is he holding over your head? i understand if you don't want to tell me... but maybe it could help." she shrugs.

: Itsumi gulps. "I um... so back when I was at my old school, there was this boy, Asahiko. I really, really liked him, but he had a girlfriend... Kikue. I um... well, to get with him..." she pauses a second. "I spread some rumors about her, and she got ostracized from the rest of the class... she ended up..." A brief pause. "Well... she ended up killing herself..." Another pause. "I mean... I didn't mean to make her do it! I just wanted Asahiko! I had no way of knowing she'd do anything like that..."

: Noriko stares for a long moment before softly clapping her hands. "impressive cruelty. i was right about you, heheh. it seems like you're quite entangled. i can see why you wouldn't want that to get out. it'd really change things for you..."
All of a sudden, her eyes go wide, and her expression seems to twist, a cruel grin forming. "...sever a bond of fate... oh, Itsumi... i bet we can go after him. take care of both of our problems at once."

: "Well... I wasn't trying to..." she trials off before responding to her proposition, "Severing a bond of fate? What were you thinking of doing?"

: "let's turn the tables on him. he thinks he has dirt on you, well, a creep like that... there's got to be a lot to blackmail him with. and if that doesn't work... well, he knows what you're capable of, heh heh. we'll ruin his life if we have to. i want him to be so scared of us that he transfers schools when we're done with him."

: "That sounds like a good plan. He's been doing it to other girls too... I know of a couple already..."

: "he sounds like a greedy pig. like the kind of kid who's used to getting what he wants. i hate people like that." Noriko clenches her fist. "...so it's settled. we'll get leverage on him and crush him under our heels." Noriko reaches up to adjust her glasses, the lenses glinting in the light. "we'll ruin his life. make him feel so awful he throws money at us to make us go away, and then transfers schools just to be safe..." her tone seems to get more intense... "we have power, itsumi, dark, terrible power. we never have to put up with anyone pushing us around ever again! we can punish people like this, prune them from the tree of society before they go cancerous and rot us from the inside"

: Itsumi is a bit taken aback by how willing to exploit their power Noriko is, but she's willing to overlook it for the purposes of getting rid of Ichiro... after all, he would do so much worse if he was able to wield the power that she does. "Yeah... we really need to take care of him too. He's borderline abusing multiple girls... Lets get him!"

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Jul 1, 2019

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

quote:

Friday Night, May 22

(A bit out of place but doesn't impact other events and just need to get it in the thread!)

: After the morning periods have ended, as students begin filing out of the room for lunch, Takashi catches Noriko's attention privately, "Excuse me, Nori-chan, <eto> I know this is out of the blue, but could you come to my house on Sunday for dinner with my family? I didn't want anyone to get left behind on the class trip, but my dad wanted to meet my friends," he laughs a bit at the uncomfortable nature of the conversation and bows his head slightly to her.

: Noriko seems impassive when Takashi approaches, but as he goes on, his track seems to have struck a nerve. "....left behind?" her financial circumstances hadn't escaped her, but she didn't make it a habit of talking about them at school. "...what are you implying?"

: "I'm saying that the trip is expensive and forcing that on the students and their families isn't fair," her question puts a bit of light into his eyes, "and while I wish I could, personally, afford to pay for everyone in our class, I can make sure that my friends get to go," he snorts a little, a soft exhalation of air through nostrils, "You're my friend, Noriko. Simple as that," his grin turns lopsided.

: Noriko's right eye seems to twitch ever so slightly as Takashi makes his pitch. Without saying anything, she reaches out to clasp him on the shoulder, her nails digging in and chilling him to the bone. "let's talk about this sžo?m?e?w??h??e??re? e?lse??." she releases her grip after a moment, leaving a tingling sensation where she'd touched. Walking down the hallway, she steps into an empty classroom and waits until the door is closed before addressing the issue with a cold, if slightly frantic tone. "...what makes you think I need your charity?!"

: Takashi follows, frowning slightly at the strangeness to Noriko's voice, and the feeling in his shoulder... maybe he had overdone it on the weights? Unlikely. He closes the door gently, not wanting a repeat of some of the theatrics he'd demonstrated in a similar classroom earlier this week. A fluttering thought of Takano's rare, private smile brings a similar smile to his face, which does not match the tone and question Noriko asks. "Need my charity? Ah, ah, sorry Nori-chan, I didn't mean to imply you needed anything from me... this topic is so indelicate," he frowns in a way that few people at school would have ever seen, "I just don't want my friends to miss out on such an important moment for our young lives. The trip wouldn't be the same without everyone there, and I know Akio won't enjoy himself if he can't share some sun and waves with you," a bit of smile returns to his expression, "everyone deserves a beach vacation."

: The edge of her right iris seems to quiver slightly. "so, what, you think my family can't provide for me?" she gives Takashi a scornful look. "what do you think you know about me, pochi-kun?"

: Her emotions painting her face, his smile wilts again, the deeper frown he rarely wears returning, "No I didn... I'm not trying to say... I guess I don't really know anything about you Noriko-san," his eyes fall to look at her shoes, "We play the game together where you're pretty much the best mage ever, I'm pretty sure you and Akio are dating now, uh, congrats," a brief smile returns to his face, but then is gone again, "I know you're in to the occult and flowers, but.... but I guess I don't know a whole lot else about you. But that was enough for me to think of you as a friend... we've been in those other places, and we look out for each other."

: "...then why assume that without your intervention I wouldn't be able to make the trip?" she frowns, crossing her arms. "...did Takano put you up to this? or Akane? or do you just spend time all on your own speculating which of your friends are less fortunate than you?"

: "What? No, the Hattori's didn't put me up to anything... and I don't sit... I don," he shakes his head, "you're right, of course, it was wrong of me to assume we were friends. If you're quite done making me feel like an idiot, I'm capable of beating myself up and you probably want to eat lunch. I'm sorry, Noriko-san."

: Somehow, Noriko frowns even harder. "...baka." she shakes her head. "of course we're friends. you just don't have any tact at all..." She sighs, softening her expression a bit. "...i don't know how you know i live in poverty and that makes me uncomfortable, to be blunt. if it's an assumption you made on your own it's incredibly rude." she looks off to the side. "...but it's still an accurate one. we can't really afford the trip. i wasn't planning on not attending, but i don't know where the money is going to come from."

: At the declaration that they are friends, some smile returns to his face, but not nearly the usual Takashi brightness, "It isn't exactly hard to guess how you live, Noriko, the signs are... well everywhere... if you're observant. Your clothes are at least a season old, your shoes are nice, but haven't been in fashion for at least a year..." nope, this is back into the hole, "ah, ah, but... I'm not trying to be rude, or tactless, or cruel, or anything like that... I just genuinely wanted our little group of friends together. You guys are all but family to me, and like I said, its not fair that the school offers no assistance to everyone for such an important moment in our young lives. If I could, I'd just pay for the entire class," he smirks, "but that's maybe still too ambitious for a first year."

: Noriko turns deep red, looking a bit like she's going to shrink within herself. After a long period of deadly, awkward silence, she mumbles something in a dire voice. "...zasshuken." with a cold look, she scolds Takashi. "that's one of the worst things anyone's ever said to me. nezumi. flea-bitten shiba." she looks off to the side, pouting slightly. "um... i didn't want to have to rob a bank or anything, so..." she trails off, leaving it unclear if she was joking. "if... if it's really okay, um... it would help my family a lot to not have to endure that burden." she rides out the embarassment by retreading her indignation. crossing her arms, still red in the face, she makes a proclaimation. "you'd better not think i owe you anything for this, pochi-kun! if anything, this makes us even after you said something so terrible!"

: "There are no debts between friends, Nori-chan," if she turns toward him, she'll have a moment to react before Takashi suddenly envelops her in a hug, "I'm sorry for saying cruel things, I hope you can forgive me," his voice at least sounds sincerely repentant!

: Noriko freezes in place as she's hugged! It's just like when you grab a cat by the scruff of it's neck! "b...b-b-baka!!! y-you can't just hug somebody!!!!" she says before making a weary sigh. "um... it's... it's okay, though. thank you... i'm glad i don't have to worry about this anymore."

: "I'm not just hugging somebody, I'm hugging you, baka!" all his earlier weariness is gone and full Takashi is returned. He squeezes the hug once more before releasing her, "Okay, so... before we go calling this done, you still need to come to dinner," he give her the time and address.

: "hrrrm... you're asking a lot. but... okay. i'll be there." she shrugs. "anything i should know about your family?"

: Rubbing the back of his head, Takashi softly laughs while looking away from her expression, "Ah, where to even start," Takashi will enumerate the members of his immediate family by name, "just be polite and you won't have anything to worry about! I'll be your backup!"

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Dec 27, 2018

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Party Chat posted:

Memento-Mori: i could burn through teleports to keep him looking, but i don't want him to look too hard...
Memento-Mori: so...
Memento-Mori: i'm going in

Move: Teleport to I-4 (Fey Step)

While Thaddeus scans the room for her, the shadows in his blind spot gather and focus, forming into something substantive. Noriko's voice whispers in his ear, cold and eerily hollow, like a sucking void...

"y̗͓̮͉̦̠̫o̧̜̰͎̩̜̗͟ͅu̼̰̦͎r҉̺͇͙̖̪̣̕ ̡̤̠͢ ̰ ҉̟̫̩̼͕w̲̲̥͖͜i̯̗̰̩͖͎̥̘͚͞s̵̢̟̣̼̳̪̻ḩ̧͇̜ ̥̮͙͚̹̭̫͔̕ ̛͖̮͖̹́ ̗̪͍̠̼i̡̡͖s̞̭ ̸̸̰̥̥͖̦͠g̛̜͖̭̘͢͞ͅr̕҉͖̙̱̞̬̟̟ą̷̠͈̹͔̙͝ͅn̷̝̮̮̯͔t͟ͅe͏̞̪͎̠̥̹͎d̸̫͙͔̫͡"

Memento-Mori steps out of the clump of nowhere beside Thaddeus, crawling effortlessly through the shadowy spaces like an unseen cat. Or, at least, that's how she wants to seem, judging by the out of character bubble that briefly flashes over her avatar's head:

quote:

(๑ↀᆺↀ๑)✧

"Memento-Mori, at your service. i meant no disrespect, o 𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕯𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖔𝖓𝖘; but a wise conjurer tests the intentions... and capabilities... of worthy foes. working from the shadows is in my nature as surely as protecting your investments is in yours. i have no doubt of your ability to defeat me by myself, but let's be honest about what happens when my friends get here - even the wisest and most powerful dragons can fall to a team of skilled adventurers. We were weaker when we defeated Fenrir and he lives to fight. Do you think your chances are much better?"

Intimidate: 1d20+24 26

(provided she does not immediately get attacked:)

"my proposal is simple. you're clearly working on something here or you would have already left. the rest of your guild is missing, i presume because they are either preoccupied elsewhere or simply not logged in. defending is a losing game, and you know as well as i do that there are worse things to lose than your support persona. whatever you're working on... i'll help you finish, with my skill in the arcane arts. in exchange, you leave. give me the orb and leave in peace and nobody needs to even know you were here."

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Party Chat posted:

Flagelo: Wait what the gently caress are you doing don't just run up to him while we aren't on posi-
Flagelo: MORI!!!!

Grabbing the rest of the treasure as quick as I can!

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Party Chat posted:

Memento-Mori: just keep looting and don't let him see you!
Memento-Mori: i can get away from him if i have to...

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

/

Upon a testing of the artifact, attak finds the field anchored to it - which presents a unique opportunity to move it! Carefully swinging it around the statue, he parks it in the corner away from the gold and attempts to loot in earnest.

---
* Attempt to move the artifact - only to find the death field is anchored to it
* Carefully move the death field into the far left corner ( -G6 )
* Proceed to loot gold the old fashioned way
* If Chaddeus starts turning towards the north at any point before I'm tucked into the right alcove, immediately retreat to break line of sight

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Music

: Entering combat, Thaddeus is radically empowered by five simultaneous auras erupting in the hues of Blue, Green, White, Black and a Metallic shimmer! Threads of red fate link him to each one in an instant! "You are unwise to compare me to that lone wolf." As Noriko appears before Thaddeus, he uses a Readied action to Telekinetically Grasp her! He pushes her to within two squares of him in a Restrained Grapple. The DC to escape the grapple is keyed to his Will Defense!

Thaddeus: HP: ???/??? AC/F/R/W 36/44/39/49

: He pauses for a moment. A moment long enough to make the delay seem weird... then he speaks! "What you see as.. erm, a fool chasing the best way to menace his fellows.. is a child's game. I am utterly unassailable in my mastery of the arcane!" .. Oh! He had to say it in-character! Despite his size, mannerisms and renowned goofiness there is overwhelming menace flooding off the stooped shoulders of this Kobold. He scowls at you with the intensity of a last boss. "Do you think Ailuridae are the only ones playing the Game? And I'm very well aware of the difficulties you are having at the moment with your combat prowess. Isabelle and I bound these arcane currents together, imbecile!"

His claw twitches. The raw force holding you flexes slightly. "Speaking in such a meta sense.. how unsightly. A pro never wears a Persona they can afford to lose. But you, I bet you know there's a lot more to lose if you get knocked down too many times, eh?"

Takashi: (As mentioned in Discord) The death field travels with the artifact! Moving it gives you a chance to see more of the outline and make out what it is... looks like a skull! Lucky thing too, that puts it well under your weight limit! You move the artifact to the side and clean out an additional 31,000 Gold! EACH!

Tsukiyo: Ganbare Noriko! As Thaddeus is completely distracted you seize another 17,000 Gold Each for the group!

In honor of Noriko's great sacrifice Weasel runs around one corner and starts the lucrative inner alcove looting, picking up another 9,000 Gold Each for everybody. Who knew raiding a giant treasure vault could be so profitable!?

You still need that Orb of Authority on Thaddeus' person and there's still a great deal of treasure left to pocket!

---

Sunday, May 24

Music

Everyone: With most of the day free you have some time to yourselves! Choose:

[ ] +1 to Academics OR Charm OR Courage

And one of:

[ ] Grind some cash (+4,000 Gold)
[ ] Summon a group of known Support Personas for free. Two 3-Stars and one 2-Star.

As well some things happen...

Akio: A good early morning relax extends to early afternoon as you laze it up a notch. Just when you're thinking to do another round of your favorite websites for some gaming news a dread voice rings out:

: "Akiooo! Do you want to head out to the mall with me? There's a good sale on men's wear at Junes!" Ah, a death sentence for any young man.

Itsumi: Waking up on this fine lazy Sunday morning you have an awful choice to make. In light of your alliance with Noriko, perhaps it is easier than you think. Do you take care of the latest round of busywork Ichiro has burdened you with or blow it off? If you do the work you lose your Sunday Free Time.

Noriko: Your text is smashed with Akane's confident declaration that they will pick you up shortly and true enough the Hattori Sisters give you a ride to spend some time with them shopping! You need some swimwear for the trip and you did promise to go with them! It's a chance to measure your confidence gain since the start of the year...

The sisters have their destinies firmly in hand and get two piece bikinis that are very similar, yet seem to have been subconsciously chosen to reflect the differences between the two. The athletic Takano has an outfit of harder lines that show off a fit figure, and the softer Akane favors a more rounded material that goes well with a curvier figure. Both get designs of black with a few white lines for style.

Takashi: There'll be a big dinner tonight, of course! You know Noriko is coming but Itsumi hasn't returned your message. Takano agrees readily to stop by and see "Uncle Kurokawa" and politely texts you back that Akane won't be coming along. A reprieve from the judgement of the protective sister bonds! What is it you do to prepare for tonight... and will you press Itsumi?

Tsukiyo: Your Sunday is yours but you can clearly hear and see Manami doing small chores or exercises around the house under Grandmother's guidance. Something has been nagging you recently, ever since your decision to try that style. Perhaps seeing Manami tutored under your old style is irritating? You could butt in or try to ignore it... while considering this you can hear the two laughing at something. Manami always seems to really like your Grandmother's stories to the point it feels a bit put on!

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Dec 13, 2018

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio // Sunday

Oh no. Akio freezes up in terror. Clothes shopping with Hanae at the mall? That's way too embarrassing! "Ah, um, well, I don't really need any new clothes..." He replies in a feeble attempt to weasel his way out of going, but he knew he needed a proper excuse not to go, and quick! Uh, maybe he could hastily make some plans with Noriko? He scrambles for his phone.

Text to Noriko posted:

Akio: hey, want to do something today?
Akio: like, right now?

[X] +1 to Academics.
[X] Grind some gold.

Party Chat posted:

Ambrose: Mori, no!

Dammit, he'd asked her to not initiate! Thaddeus might seem like a pushover but he'd seen him in action first hand, and that was definitely not the case. Ambrose rushes back from where he came to see what's going on, and as he peeks around the corner his expression twists into a scowl. The scaly fucker had her! With his back pressed against the wall he slowly unsheathes his incisive dagger as he watches them carefully.

Party Chat posted:

Ambrose: I can get you out of there in the blink of an eye, just give me a sign.

Moving to the corner at Q13.
(Stealth: 1d20+14 17 if required, which I kinda hope is not the case.)

Spending 5000 gold on my share of the Pouches of Shared Acquisition. My pouch is linked to Takashi's.

Sockerbagarn fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Dec 13, 2018

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Noriko - Shopping with the Hattoris

Noriko glances down at her phone in the dressing room, smirking at Akio's pleading.

Text Message to Akio posted:

Noriko: i'm busy...
Noriko: (ㅇㅅㅇ❀)

Looking up at herself in the mirror, she feels confident and snaps a few dozen indifferent selfies, picking the best and clicking "send".

MMS Message from Noriko:

Noriko: you should be getting ready for the class trip...
Noriko: maybe your stepmom can take you shopping! heheh

Closing her phone, she steps out of the dressing room and flashes Akane a thumbs up. "ne, akane, this is it."

Party Chat posted:

Memento-Mori: don't worry... he doesn't have me yet!
Memento-Mori: we'll see if i can get this blustery idiot to blow any more hot air
Memento-Mori: i'll let you know when to grab me, Aki-kun~❤
Memento-Mori: everybody else... lootlootlootlootlootlootloot

Memento-Mori smirks, shrugging at her predicament. "i deserved this, of course. taunting you in your seat of power was bound to damage your pride. my apologies for the disrespect, o imperious one, lord of the red, master among masters in the arcane arts..." as she rattles off the compliments, she forms a series of hand seals, the studs on her eyepatch glowing pink for a moment before suddenly discharging a short range blast of energy in the shape of a heart. Memento-Mori blows a kiss to Thaddeus and it flutters through the space between them comically, before smacking against his cheek with an audible slap. "well? you wanted to see me up close so badly... come on over here you big, strong dragon lord..." Pulling Thaddeus in towards her, she exploits the defensive window her charm provides to keep her safe while bringing the orb within thieving range. Eyeing it just out of the corner of her vision, she grins to see her attack land so unexpectedly...

Attack need to roll a 20: 1d20 20

Pulling him to H5
using Corellon's Boon > Lure of Loyalty as Standard
He can't attack me until the end of my next turn
If any of his allies attack me he has to attack them (charge or basic attack)

"you wouldn't hurt me, right? heheheh... you could still reconsider my offer, you know. we don't have to try to be at odds with each other like this, and it's only a matter of time before i run out of escape triggers and my friends run out of ways to waste time on the way down here. there's only so many boxes to jump on and sidequests to complete... let's stop screwing around." Reaching up to the item on the pedestal, she gently rests her hand on it. "i'd hate to see all the work you put into this go to waste. let's work on it, together. maybe you can at least tell me what you're trying to do with it? it's not like you're not stuck right here with me for the moment...

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Dec 14, 2018

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

After finishing pocketing the treasure, Flagelo quickly heads south, leaping above the rivers with ease as he leans to a corner, watching the scene with Thaddeus and Mori with interest.

Party Chat posted:

Flagelo: Stuff is clear on my end. How's everyone else?

Moving southwards to P/-1!

Athletics (leaping over the rivers): 6#1d20+25 31 42 26 34 35 32[/i]

Tsukiyo - Sunday

That IS kinda irritating. While she has started training the Twin Heaven style in secret from Grandma, the fact that someone as brusque as Manami is learning the Slithering Sword... Mumumu, Tsukiyo puffs her cheeks and glares at them from a distance, while trying to stay hidden...

Leveling up Charm, rank up to 3, grinding gold.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Kasaya Itsumi

Itsumi replies to the others in chat,

quote:

[Party][Sunbright] yeah, ambrose, i did a pretty big respec...
[Party][Sunbright] got tired of doing literally nothing but healing
[Party][Sunbright] lol

She then addresses Tsukiyo

quote:

[Party][Sunbright] flagelo!
[Party][Sunbright] come here... lets try to uncurse you while we have time to!
[Party][Sunbright] or double curse you... who knows!

In the meantime, Sunbright moves into position to exile Thaddeus if anything crazy happens.
(Move/teleport to N0 if it's safe to get there and out of LOS)

---

Intentionally messing up council work.

Look Around You fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Dec 19, 2018

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio // Sunday

She's busy? Ugh, so much for that idea... What was she up to anyway? Hm, she sent a picture? !!! O-Oh... Eheheh. Akio stares at the screen with a stupid grin on his face until reality catches up to him.

Text to Noriko posted:

Akio: please don't joke about such things 。:゚(。ノω\。)゚・。
Akio: wow, that bikini looks really cute on you!
Akio: I'm looking forward to seeing it irl (灬ºωº灬)♡

Hmm, maybe he should get something new to wear to the beach too? ...Welp, seemed like he was going to have to go through with it after all. With a resigned sigh he gets up from his chair and leaves the safety of his room behind and heads down the stairs. Though the chances of survival seemed slim, he might as well get it over with. Clothes shopping. With Hanae. At the mall. May god have mercy on his soul.

Sockerbagarn fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Dec 15, 2018

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

/

Waiting for an opening, .attak picks up the skull artifact (with telekinetic grasp); when Mori draws Thad he'll attempt to use the distraction to maneuver it southward as quietly and quickly as he can.

* Move close enough to get the skull with grasp again
* Wait for an opening
* Using prior stealth roll (29) attempt to move southward back behind the vision blocking walls on my way to the decurse station

---

Sunday - Prep

No day begins without Takashi waking early to work out to a degree that puts some professional athletes to shame, but Sundays are a rest day, so the intensity is dialed down. After he has cleaned himself up it is nearly 8:00am! Heading to breakfast, sipping on a muscle recovery shake, he runs into Izumi in the hallway, pulling her into a walking hug and affecting a sugary, but conspiratorial tone, "Zumi-chan! Are Chi-chan and Na-chan up yet? We're having dinner guests and I need to swear all of you to your best behaviors! They're girls," the last is delivered with mock-grave seriousness.

No matter how she responds, he'll head to breakfast - getting the coordinates for gift wrapping supplies! These in hand, he carefully wraps a small gift for Mori and a larger one Takano. He'll spend the late morning cleaning up his living space, though he doesn't plan to entertain in it if he can help it. Last, but not least, Takashi spends the early afternoon studying, finding himself becoming more comfortable with his studies every day.

* Studying for +1 Academics

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

: "Oh, woah.. what is this?" Drawing Thaddeus close with an unexpected bit of miraculous accuracy, you bewitch him briefly. The kiss sounds off in the silence and his staged voice drops as an average young man chuckles and gushes a bit. "We.. Well, I'm glad you see it my way. I don't quite trust you raccoon society lot.. but if you're smart, you'd.. well, you'd work with me! A cute girl like yourself being aware of that.. ermm, hmm, hmm!" He puffs himself up and raises a single hand to his shoulder, posing like a commandant! "If you're serious about this, you'll need to prove it! Any ally of mine would be of proper lineage.. yes, I quite think you'd make an outstanding black-scale, my dear.." His eyes drink Noriko's new leather-clad Avatar in.

Being trapped in his power still you notice a peculiarity about Telekinesis. Thaddeus is actively channeling power and attention to maintain it. Powerful yet restricted. The only reason to do that would be to hold somebody and allow others to assault them, or there's a part two to the move. You're still Grappled and Restrained. Levitating a few feet off the ground to confront you eye to eye, Thaddeus shifts a bit closer and leers. "You have a fine eye for detail. This is simply the zenith of what our great ORDER can do. In this space we have gathered a temporary, constrained element of power to forge artifacts.. something only our genius Isabelle would even consider! Here I am as a God... and I shall forge my Dáinsleif, making me best among deathdealers!" He beams at you with pride, expecting you to be impressed!

"Help me, eh.. if you're privy to the real makings of the game, why not offer me your arcana's bond?" He waggles his eyebrows. "You would not find a finer Emperor on any server!"

Weasel keeps working and adds another 4,400 Gold Each to the pot!

You're able to move fast so long as you avoid alerting Thaddeus at all. He is immensely distracted. Takashi is in range to freely approach and insert the Skull in the Cursing Station... ... or to take it to Thaddeus!

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Tsukiyo

"Party Chat posted:

Flagelo: Akio-san, Icchan, help me getting this thing off and then we get the heck out of here.
Flagelo: Holy cannoli that dork is really full of himself.
Flagelo: Normally I'd like to stay and whup him but we got more stuff to steal I guess.

Moving for the uncursing station

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Ambrose rolls his eyes at Thaddeus as he flirts with Mori. What an utter idiot, he even dropped out of character! When Thaddeus has the audacity to tell Mori to change into a dragonborn for him, Ambrose puts two fingers in his mouth and makes a gagging gesture. That little freak needed to learn his place... He sheathes the implement dagger and reaches for his sword, but then notices .attak out of the corner of his eye. He turns his head looks at him, or rather what he's carrying, in wide-eyed surprise.

Party Chat posted:

Ambrose: ...Is the death field anchored to that skull?

He quickly looks the other way and makes eye contact with Sunbright on the other side.

Party Chat posted:

Ambrose: Sunbright, you have a whistle too, right? I'm entrusting Mori to your care, I need to go take a look at this at the cursing station.
Ambrose: Last chance, Flagelo. I'll lift your curse first.
Ambrose: Then I'll take a look at the skull.

Distancing himself from the vomit inducing scene in the middle of the room, he returns to the cursing station and meets up with Flagelo. "Ah, there you are. Finally." He gives her a flat stare and motions to the device. "Stand on the left platform and don't move a muscle." He brings up the holographic displays and starts fiddling with the settings. "Interesting. Though limited in scope, the possibilities seem endless... Stand by."

Moving back to the cursing station.
Arcana: 1d20+34 47 to lift Flagelo's curse.
Arcana (Examine Skull): 1d20+34 42
Arcana Reroll (Examine Skull): 1d20+34 50

Sockerbagarn fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Dec 18, 2018

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

/

Carrying the skull at a safe distance, .attak seems to be intensely focusing on keeping the skull from grazing anyone as he moves it southward.

Party chat posted:

attak: Yeah, it seems to be anchored
attak: I, uh, strongly recommend not coming into contact with it, it was guarding a lot of treasure
attak: Do you think we can break it down to something useful with that machine you found?

---

* If party agrees, manuever skull into the decurse station to attempt to break it down
* Else, find a spot to leave a nasty surprise for Isabelle and Thad

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

"...proper lineage? if that's the first step to making you more comfortable... ah~❤" Mori leans in close, Noriko's voice rolling thick and sultry into his ear. "just let me... slip into something more.... mmmm.... comfortable?" The fabric of Mori's costume seems to ripple and shift, from the center of her chest outward, dropping the harsh dominatrix look for a cool black-scaled beauty. (switch appearance with Fabric of Reality) Drawing her tail around Thaddeus, she grins and purrs, wrapping them both in the shroud of a pair of black leathery wings

"...is this better?" she giggles, amping her flirting up to 11 even as her hands move to tug at the orb on his waistband. Pulling on the threads of fate, Mori exploits the boon they'd earned from Fenrir to give her hands the boost to deftness needed to close the deal. Feeling it snap free, she tucks it into her magic pouch in the same motion before breaking off with a sultry laugh.

Party Chat posted:

Memento-Mori: orb [get!]
Memento-Mori: be ready to pull me out...
Memento-Mori: if he notices i took it... it's probably going to get dangerous fast!

Wrapping her wings around her shoulders like a cloak, she leans against the pedestal in the center of the room. Drawing her finger across the surface of the blade, she makes a thoughtful sound. "mmmm, Dáinsleif, huh? that's a strong name... still just a lump of metal right now, though..." she frowns. "you're running out of time, Emperor. you'd really have to be great to finish it now..."

(using the active on Darkest Night to buff my defenses by +9)

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Dec 19, 2018

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Arcana: Successfully weaving the negative aspects out of Tsukiyo's belt you return her Avatar to female. In doing so you create a set of five rings:

quote:

Ring of Gender Change (Ring Slot)

Innocent featureless gold bands derived from the essence of a classic dungeon shenanigan. High craftsmanship in the enchantment causes these rings to make the new form appear more attractive in a heroic figure sense.

Passive: Changes Avatar Gender.
Passive: +2 Bluff/Diplomacy/Intimidate

You strive to identify the skull. Maybe it's dangerous? Redd chimes in over party chat as you study it:

: "Oh my goodness! That's a recreation of.."

quote:

The Skull Of Mondain

A simple human skull ringed with perfect black malice, a single pulse of immortal power glowing red in the eyes

Use: Standard. Deals Max HP + Surge Damage to all creatures on the map, minus their one highest resistance. This includes the user.

Passive: First contact to aura deals bloodied value in necrotic. Every action taken in aura deals surge value in necrotic.

Now that you understand it a bit this skull seems insanely dangerous! And Isabelle may be a bit of a nerd. With Takashi's careful guidance and Akio's expert dedication you maneuver it to the Cursing Station...

---

Music

: "Oh..!" Elsewhere it seems that somebody is feeling the mood. As Noriko dances around the ensorcelled little Kobold his eyes light up and his claws flex. Noriko can feel a temporary sensation of total weightlessness! The part two of this arcane Telekinesis!? Then Thaddeus smoothly pulls her over to him, accepting her full body weight in a two-partner embrace and dip! His little talons are cold to the touch on your hips and stomach, a sensation a little too realistic thanks to high-quality VR! "Madam, really!" He purrs! "You do know how to negotiate after all..." He seems unaware of the twist of Fate that robs him of the Orb of Authority...!

quote:

Orb of Authority

An apple-sized golden orb. It contains the purest expression of magical energy you've ever felt.
Active: Empower work stations in the Vault, especially the Planar Shift for the final Vault!
Passive: Control Guardian Statues.

: Flaunting pure arcane power Thaddeus tips Noriko back onto her feet and gives her a full pirouetting spin! As she slows down and she can feel the grip of Telekinesis released with Grappled/Restrained Ended the saucy little lizard lord gives her booty a powerful slap! "Consider us allies!"

quote:

Accept friend request from Thaddeus [ORDER]?

You could also actually take him up on establishing an additional bond through the Emperor Social Link, providing further opportunities to get to know him. Though a bit revolting... his real life identity might pave the way in the Game and discovering Takamura's murderer.

: "Now then, I'd very much like to fry your impudent little friends with my destined calling card. This shall be an implement dealing wounds that shall not heal. I'd like to see trash like Dot Attack shrug off such maladies, nyoh hoh hoh.." He turns to the crafting stand he has so zealous guarded and gives it his full attention, beginning to expend Skill Checks in some unknown act. It does seem to be giving new features to the previous nebulous concept of a great cutting edge. Peering up for just a moment Thaddeus grins at Noriko, toothy and friendly. "Memento_Mori.. hrmm, you really could use a proper name as well. Why not Khisanth? Stick with the classics, I say... and if you're aiming to carry yourself properly there are ways to get around your burdensome initial racial selection.."

"Ahh, but for now.. you must help me accelerate this process." He gestures to the North, pointing at the mysterious Coffin-statue. "If you would step in there and contribute just a touch of your life energy.." He actually holds his hands up to make curved lines! "(A few surges!)"

Noriko: If you agree to it you can proceed to the Coffin immediately without worrying about movement range or movement changing Thaddeus' alertness.

GOAAAAAAAL! Weasel scores the last of the center loot for everybody! 75k Gold! EACH! There are still some chests to pilfer in the Center... as well as the three under watchful eye in the North.

--

You barely manage to control some of the Skull of Mondain's energies. It produces some component gear and temporarily dismisses the vicious Aura of Death around it.

quote:

Aspect of Minax (Head Slot)

A sinister black-framed tiara woven around three flawless star rubies of pure power.
Passive: Roll twice when using Intimidate. Keep the highest result.
Daily(Standard): Range 10, Primary Stat(Implement) + 2 vs Will. Dominate Target UEOMNT(1 Round of Actions.)
Resist 10 Necrotic
Resist 10 Radiant

Shard of Hate x2 (Consumable)

Pure malice made physical. Holding it gradually numbs your fingers, spreading rapidly towards the hands... explodes when thrown.

Standard: Range 5/8. RBA(Dexterity) vs Reflex with +0 Proficiency. Deals 5d12+12 Necrotic Damage to target and all Creatures in CB1 around them.

... The Skull of Mondain immediately begins to shroud itself in the red malice of the aura of death again! It will expand back to normal size in no time at all! The residual energies of the disenchanting process flash across the whole of the Cursing Station in a veil of red static and with a low dying whirrrmmm the entire thing shuts down, utterly destroyed! A matching pulse of low, ominous concern ripples throughout the entire chamber.

: "Nyerghh.. WHAT WAS THAT!?" Thaddeus glares expectantly at Noriko, peering over his shoulder once. He still seems greatly focused on his Artifact.

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Even as Ambrose practices his arcane art on the dangerous Skull of Mondain his ears are entirely focused on what's happening at center of the room. Since he's unable to see what's going on he has to settle for using his imagination to fill in the blanks, and from the look on his face he's not particularly happy with the conclusions he's drawing. Hearing the unmistakable slap of Thaddeus well and truly crossing the line, Ambrose hastily wraps up his work on the skull and leaves the cursing station behind him in disarray. Smoldering with jealousy and cold anger, he peeks around the corner and draws up a plan of attack.

Party Chat posted:

Ambrose: Okay. That does it.
Ambrose: Here's what's going to happen.
Ambrose: I'm going to stuff this epic level creep in the coffin.
Ambrose: I'm going to lock him in there.
Ambrose: And then we're going to make off with his treasured artifact.

But as he estimates the distances required, he realizes his teleport would just barely come up short, even with the incisive dagger in hand. Just as he wonders if his plan was doomed to fail, he remembers that Sunbright had just gone through a complete respec. He walks over to her, and after a quick inspect of her gear, takes her Mithrendain Steel Longsword. "I'm borrowing this," he says in a whisper, and leaves his own sword behind in her care. Turning his back on her, he shifts his attention back to the little dragon standing nearby...

Moving up to Sunbright and exchanging swords with her.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Noriko can't help but feel a little smug. Nerdy boys were so easy to manipulate!

Party Chat posted:

Memento-Mori: haha...
Memento-Mori: this guy
Memento-Mori: he sent me a friend request
Memento-Mori: (˵¯̴͒ꇴ¯̴͒˵)

Picking up her phone, she sends some quick text messages to Akio, Memento-Mori making some cute gesture with her hands as she idles for a moment

Noriko: ΦωΦ❀
Noriko: hey bae
Noriko: wyd???
Noriko: ...
Noriko: (˵¯̴͒ꇴ¯̴͒˵)

Smirking as she pushes Akio's buttons a little, she opens her friend list and hits "Accept" on the pending request.

Party Chat posted:

Memento-Mori: hahaha...
Memento-Mori: i accepted it

Alerted to the sudden explosion to the south, Noriko scrambles to improvise.

Party Chat posted:

Memento-Mori: what happened???
Memento-Mori: ugh... has it really come to this...!?
Memento-Mori: i'm going to have to use...
Memento-Mori: my finishing move...!

Letting out a yelp of surprise at the sudden noise, Memento-Mori fumbles her weapon, the inky black orb sailing through the air. "ahh...! oh no!~❤" swaying on her hips, she tries desperately to catch it before it escapes, only for it to hit the ground and roll through the gap between her feet. Turning around with a pronounced flourish, her tail shifts up as she bends over at the waist to pick it up...

Minor: Beguiling Tongue: (+5 to next bluff check this encounter)
Ultimate Seduction Technique: The Dropped Orb! (Bluff): 1d20+26 40

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

/

Takashi goggles at Mori's temporary form - tugging on his collar as some color comes into his cheeks. And the way she's behaving... Takano would never be this... crass! But he does steer attak to take advantage of the distraction!

The dog opens his mouth and chomps down on one of the rings, storing it for later study and use, leaving whoever was unfortunate enough to have them all a hand full of molten spittle (safe for handling). He trots to the edge of the nearby wall to watch Noriko's performance more closely with his distributed senses - maybe adjusting her placement on a mental chart a few notches - for an opening. When she bends over... he does get a bit caught in the trap, but Ambrose's assault is enough to break it - he rushes out into the main room and begins trying to make off with as much ill-gotten loot as possible.

---

* Pocket one of the rings, but do not equip at this juncture
* Once distracted or attacked, attak continues to loot the place blind - the central room - if Weasel has clearly looted a chest fully, ignore it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio takes a look at his phone and blushes. She was playing him like a fiddle!

Text Message to Noriko posted:

Akio: Shouldn't I be the one asking you what you are doing!!!
Akio: It's scary how good you are at that stuff...

Ingame, Ambrose is just about to teleport in and unleash his righteous fury upon Thaddeus when he catches his first good look at Mori since she changed. He stops dead in his tracks and gawks at her in absolute astonishment. What on Earth was she wearing, she was practically naked! Were those wings? And a tail, and... And then she drops her orb... God. drat! He closes his mouth and swallows audibly. That was some sight... And that bastard Thaddeus had laid his dirty paws on it!

Throwing caution to the wind, Ambrose steps through space and appears in an explosive burst of rose petals right behind Thaddeus. "Thaddeus, you utter swine! Have you no shame!" He yells as he attacks him with his borrowed sword. The Mithrendain Steel glows blue as it cuts through the air and carves open a dimensional tear that drags them both in! Reappearing near the coffin, Ambrose directs Thaddeus inside it and slams the lid shut!

Equipping the Incisive Dagger in my offhand as a free action. I lose 3 AC due to not having a free hand for my warding.
Move: Armathor's Step: Teleport to I5. I gain +2 to my next attack roll against Thaddeus.
Standard: Dimensional Slash vs AC: 1d20+25+4+2 41 vs AC, hit! 2d8+14 18 Physical Damage.
Teleport Thaddeus 12 squares to -E0. Teleport myself to -D0
Minor: Close the lid of the coffin.
AC/F/R/W: 37/28/36/32

Sockerbagarn fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Dec 22, 2018