Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

OOC Thread

April 5th, 2026

It is a cool evening at the start of Spring. Smooth black clouds line the skies above and cast constant waves of gentle rain onto the streets of the tidy neighborhoods below. Tomorrow marks the beginning of a new school year at Naoki Academy and each of you will be starting as freshmen. It's enough to fill you with anxiety but you've found the perfect way to relax: Digital Devil Worlds. The break out hit new MMO caught your eye in the last two weeks and you've tentatively put in enough to create a magnificent Avatar and to learn the basics. The intense immersive gameplay is provided by modern day VR equipment no more complicated than sets of headphones with goggles.

Tatsumi: Grandma asks that you "Keep an eye on the clock" and that you "Get up early tomorrow!" After indulging her by bowing your head low enough to receive a kiss on the cheek she retires for the night. Sitting down at your desk you find some store-bought cookies and juice. You're sure she would say that if you're going to indulge you might as well go all out.

Takashi: Even for an old estate manor your home tends to be a bit crowded but it seems fortune favors you. Your sisters are getting ready for an early bedtime and Kouta gave you a passing "Have a good time" without any cheek. He tends to favor the occasional hour-long stress relief with an old fashioned FPS and usually refers to DDW as "nerd poo poo" but he wouldn't be a brother if your bond didn't involve constant jabs.

Ryuka: Ahhh! This is the life! Your parents are out at some cushy restaurant to celebrate your Father's return home and your siblings are busy in their rooms. This leaves you to savor the rest of the night in the best way: with a fresh bag of chippus and a big bottle of cola! Your cat sleeps on your bed, curled up into a giant fluffy ball, tail occasionally rising an inch before dropping again.

Tsukiyo: Clara and Genjuro are out and you feel sincere relief that the house is all yours for most of the night. Genjuro has a way of giving you juuuuust the right amount of smug contempt that you're not using the time to train... it's truly irritating! Your Grandmother doesn't care how you spend your free time so long as your grades are strong.

Felix: Mother and Father have already started watching their favorite block of wild Japanese game shows, each crazy antic or impossible prize giving them moments of pure delight. You've got a strong hunch what the allure is... luckily your headset keeps things quiet.The thin walls of your home certainly aren't up to the job.

Noriko: Your apartment is cool, the air itself cold to the touch. Turning on the heat would disrupt the perfect sounds of the rain running along your roof and window, not to mention be entirely unnecessary and expensive. Your Mother and Grandmother are gone on some errands. Everything is serenely quiet.

---

You promised to meet someone online today. With screen name and password you log in.

As you begin to manifest inside the Velvet Room(uniquely instanced for each player) a formal pop-up notice from the development team and a quick download in the background briefs you on a new patch. It seems truly amazing that any team could generate MMO content monthly. A brand new randomized loading screen graphic introduced with the patch appears first before gradually fading away.

quote:

Welcome to Patch 1.4.3!

With this update we are adding a new series of Mindscape generators under concepts associated with martyrdom, individual welfare vs the common good, the third circle of Hell and substantial updates to all Flora asset lists. We are also opening the first wing of Etemenanki, a new raid instance suited for mid-to-high range players of all skill levels. The base of the ziggurat is guarded by maddened fey creatures and their Cruel Lord!

A preview of a shadowed outline of the hulking boss lists Tarot: Chariot, Level Range: 10-30 and Difficulty: Brutal

Misc Changes:
-Adjust efficiency of Staff Druid
-Changed Kobold Racial Power
-Adjust efficiency of Dark Sword
-Addressed other game balance issues and fixed other flaws

Once you're finished reading that the EULA pops up again. The usual 20+ pages of text you're never going to read is defeated by the End key and you auto-scroll to the bottom where you're locked in with your options. Printed above them is the same line of text you've seen a few times before:

"I chooseth this fate of mine own free will."

[ ] ACCEPT
[ ] DECLINE

---

<The Great> Takamura [Ailuridae] has invited you to a group!

You've been waiting to hear from this guild! The Red Panda Appreciation Society promises a great starting base for making friends in the game, running with competent players and being supported by skilled vets. They also seem to eschew the usual try-hard mentality that wouldn't go well with having a life outside the game. As the six of you accept this invite you're warped to a Velvet Room where the owner's attendant is a tall, beautifully pale woman wearing a halter top and mini-skirt version of the usual rich blue attire. Something something, true heart of the owner... a boisterous shout from a wicked blue oni Avatar breaks the silence. Despite his intimidating poise and natural charisma he's only about 5 feet tall with a stocky, muscular build. You feel a slight touch of envy and admiration that he has a rare permanent cosmetic, a [Lit Cigarette].

: "Oiii! Good to see y'all, you pack a' newbies! You can call me Takamura-sensei!" The Kansai dialect rings true with this man. He sounds older than any of you and his Avatar has the manly charm and deep voice of one in their mid-20s. "Now we liked what we saw in yer apps, but ya gotta understand. Pandas don't just pick up any new player and load 'em down with free poo poo. So I'm here to Seer for ya! And I've got a place in mind, heh heh heh... but first thing's first, lemme see, lemme see..." He saunters around the room, casually pausing before each of you for an [Inspect].

As always, Voice or Text chat is your choice. By default you'll speak to everyone around you within a reasonable distance. You can also directly contact people with whisper chat, speak to only people in your party or even only people in your guild! You can also access other channels as the need comes up, such as [Yell]ing across an entire zone. You may also alter your voice with a filter effect, though it tends to be obvious to others.

---

Flagelo (Slayer) played by Tsukiyo Chavez

"Ahahahahaha! Oh man! Ow, the edge! I ain't seen a kid this tough since the time we dropped a toilet on the new guy!"

Lyth (Sorcerer) played by Ryuka Mitsugu

"Woah! Cute! Are you the mascot? I gotta tell ya though we're not kid friendly in here!" Takamura takes the time to pat you on the head.

Capo Kappo (Runepriest) played by Tatsumi Sato

Takamura pauses in place for a second too long. "Woah... holy... that's a really good one, dude. About the scariest drat thing I've ever seen in this game. Christ."

.attak (Battlemind) played by Takashi Kurokawa

"drat, you've got taste, dude. Pretty cool." Takamura's free hand comes up in a slow thumbs up.

Memento-Mori (Wizard) played by Noriko Mori

"Ahhh, what a cutie and a beauty! Tell me you're a real girl, yeah? You can Seer for me any day!" A whistle emote!

Brackish_Gaijin (Executioner) played by Felix Bedford III

"Pfft.. heh heh.. pfft... haha.. AHAHAHAHAHA! Yer all right, pal!" Takamura slaps you on the shoulder while guffawing. "I got yer back."

---

: "Now as I was saying, I know a place. A good Mindscape for yer level and even better... I know the host! She'll be out ALL NIGHT! Ours for the taking, am I right? Michio says I need to get my support up anyway. Two birds, one stone? Or two birds, one treasure, am I right?" He throws his arms up and laughs! "So, y'all ain't scared of a little PvP, right?!"

(Welcome to the game everybody! I'd appreciate a brisk pace, 2-3 days per combat round, that sort of thing. Give a shout in OOC Thread if anything comes up or you're low on steam and need a bit, I'll be doing the same.)

It is your decision whether or not you know each other IRL already. If you do, what is your relationship with each player? If not, what is your impression of their Online Avatar right now? Give a brief description of your Avatar and your IRL room while you're at it!

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jan 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

: "Calm down kiddos, if I wanted to watch newbies awkwardly circle strafe around each other for ten minutes I'd hit up one of those retro pre-VR titles. Like I said yer here to pull a heist for me." Takamura takes a thoroughly needless drag on his imaginary cigarette and blows a few rings. "It'll be smooth, I'm telling you. Mid level stuff but no threat of the Host. Easy, easy, easy. But first off... might as well [Soul] each other. Just uh, use the command, easy as friending someone. I'll let you guys use a few of my lowbie supports if you're really clueless..." He slaps .attak and Brackish_Gaijin on the back. "Hey, no need to be so quiet! We're all friends now!"

Takamura invites you to exchange friend info with each other and to form a rough Soulshell, which will allow you to share from a pool of Support Personas. It will also allow you to contact each other online via direct whispers and to see a rough approximation of where they are and what they're doing. Each of you can equip one Support Persona which can grant you passive powers and boosts and attacks via use of your Fortune Points. Be wary of any weaknesses they may have! All Actions are technically Free/Fortune and don't interact with any existing feats, class features, items, etc. All Attacks are made with Primary Ability Modifier + 1/2 Level Mod + 1. (I recommend just putting these in your combat block and tracking from there.)

:siren: Supports are unique so first come, first serve! :siren:

quote:

Pixie (Lovers)
Pixies are sometimes said to be born in much the same way as humans, however some tales tell that they are humans transformed through misdeeds or magic. They play pranks on humans such as stealing their belongings, throwing things or calling out their names. While pixies usually don't cause any real harm, it is said that if someone follows the voices of pixies, they will never return.
Bufu (vs Fortitude. Range 5. Deals 1d4+1 Cold Damage to one target.)
Dia (Range 5. Consume Healing Surge on target to restore 5 HP)
Weakness: Fire

Kishi No Neko (Justice)
A spirit of dependable good will. The noble felyne always conducts itself honorably and will never break an oath, even to the point of death. Physically weak, he still manages quick footwork and channels a fine spirit into every strike.
Thrust (vs AC. Melee. Deals 1d6+1 Physical Damage to one target.)
Passive: Grants +1 Defense against attacks with the Fear and Illusion keywords
Weakness: None

Kobold (Magician)
The kobold is a sprite of German folklore.The most common depictions of kobolds show them as humanlike figures the size of small children. Kobolds who live in human homes wear the clothing of peasants; those who live in mines are hunched and ugly; and kobolds who live on ships smoke pipes and wear sailor clothing. Some are surprisingly clever and quick to learn.
Agi (vs Reflex. Range 5. Deals 1d6+1 Fire Damage to one target.)
Passive: +1 History
Weakness: Cold

Ara Mitama (Chariot)
Ara Mitama represents aggression and forcefulness and is the source of valor, anger, passion, and other heated emotions. It is said to be the more wild and untamed side of the dualistic nature of the spirit
Bash (vs Fortitude. Melee. Deals 1d4+1 Physical Damage to one target.)
Rakukaja (Range 5. Grants +2 AC UEOMNT)
Weakness: Thunder

Legion (Fool)
"The spirit who said 'For we are many,'" Jesus was said to have healed a man from a region in Caesaria Maritima in the Near East who was possessed by many demons. Jesus casts the demons out of the man, granting their request, and allows them to dwell in a herd of pigs. The pigs then drowned themselves in the Sea of Galilee.
Assault Dive (vs AC. Range 2. Deals 1d4+1 Physical Damage to one target.)
Pulinpa (vs Will. Range 5. Target -2 Will UEONT.)
Weakness: Radiant

Stolas (Hermit)
The 36th spirit of the Goetia, Stolas is a Great Prince of Hell; He commands twenty-six legions of demons (twenty-five according to other authors), and teaches astronomy and the knowledge of poisonous plants, herbs and precious stones.
Garu (vs Reflex. Range 5. Deals 1d6+1 Thunder Damage to one target.)
Dia (Range 5. Consume Healing Surge on target to restore 5 HP)
Weakness: Lightning

Geomental (Sun)
Creatures of fundamental universal logic, simple in form and function compared to other elemental beings. They encourage orderly thought.
Zio (vs Reflex. Range 5. Deals 1d6+1 Lightning Damage to one target.)
Passive: +1 Dungeoneering
Weakness: Necrotic

Monoeye (Star)
Terrors from beyond the infinite stars that accomplish everything through massive eyes, even going so far as to allow their bodies to atrophy to the point of becoming vestigal! They annihilate intruders who defy sacred ground.
Sukunda (vs Will. Range 5. Target -2 Reflex UEONT.)
Terror (vs Will. Range 3. Slide target half their Speed AWAY from Caster.)
Weakness: Poison

Nigi Mitama (Temperance)
The calm and functional state of a person's soul, or kami, which is considered to be the opposite of Ara Mitama. The Ara Mitama must first be pacified with rites and worship before the Nigi Mitama will appear.
Garu (vs Reflex. Range 5. Deals 1d6+1 Thunder Damage to one target.)
Posumudi (Range 5. Grants Saving Throw with +1 Bonus against Poison or Physical Ongoing.)
Passive: +1 Healing Surge Value

: "All set? Great! Yer stuck with it until we get done! Or maybe y'all will get lucky and find some in the wild! Now come on..." Takamura despawns and you become aware of his grinning mug now appearing as a buff under your HP.

Reliable Man: Grants +2 Attack as long as Takamura is your Overseer!

"Am I great or what? Here we go!" He queues into a specific Mindscape based off his Friends List. Within moments you're all despawning from the Velvet Room and appearing elsewhere...

---

Now Loading... The Poem For Everyone's Souls Continues...

You appear on the edge of an endless hellscape! You've heard that these types of Mindscapes tend to exclusively roll for mid-to-high level players... and are popular with members of a budding World First guild that you only know by the clan sign of <Kami>. You may have seen one of their supremely powerful avatars passing through one of the neutral cityscapes that exist for gameplay, social and trade facilitation. Although much of Digital Devil World's content is player driven there is still a strong backbone provided by the developers to allow for solo play.

The conjoined medium of multiple Mindscapes is separated by long plains and winding valleys and cliffs along which roaming groups of dangerous PvE mobs patrol in set intervals. The large crowds make for excellent farming opportunities... if the auras of absolute dread they emit didn't tell you that they're way too high level for you right now.

: "We'd need about twenty of you guys to take anything around here... but luckily things tend ta scale down when they're instanced." The winding cliffs before you begin to part and reveal a wicked city of perpetual thunder clashes and burning hellfire, buildings withstanding the eternal cycling of hellish blasts without so much as a scratch. Swirling shapes clash, shatter and reform between the buildings and you get the feeling that the denizens of these realms don't mind what is portrayed as eternal damnation.

In fact, small crowds of them come and go and appear to be headbanging.

: "Alright, Great Sensei's first lesson. Lets move up. You see alotta guys here with Grey outlines? Means they're mobs and they ain't mad at ya yet. They might get mad later or if ya trigger something... but yer usually pretty safe." You advance towards the nightmarish city and begin passing through crowds of partying skeletons. They come and go at random, sometimes fading away as they pass down dark shadows in alleyways but there are always more and they're all in high spirits, many dancing or bobbing their heads at they go. They throw up the horns and let out quiet, rasping cheers with reckless abandon. In the distance you can hear the rising swell of multiple thunder crashes. "And hey, lookie here. If you see somebody with a Green, they're probably important or even a friendly player! If it's Blue like you you already know 'em... friend, guildie, whatever. And watch out for Red. Player with Red and he'll see you Dead, heh. Yeah... means they're eager for a fight. Mobs will go Red too once it's clear they're about to charge your rear end or that you can't even hope to walk by 'em without any trouble." Takamura clears his throat and waits a bit. "... Well, go on! A cute little kid like that ain't nobody to pick no fight with. Talk to 'em!"

Dressed in the traditional garb of a Japanese spirit, the girl looks like she must have died as a pre-teen, tall enough to be one of your contemporaries yet clearly not grown into womanhood. No signs of her demise exist on her and she appears as a serene and pleasant blue glow amidst the harsh greys and reds of the loud cityscape. She looks over her shoulder and smiles as you approach, stepping away from the roaring brazier she was facing.

: "Hello! Are you here to see the show? I'd really love to go... but they sold out of tickets." She pouts and rubs her hands, clearly anxious.

A colossal door built into the side of an impassable stone wall, ringed by wicked flaming skeleton pillars! Your treasure sense overloads for a moment. Skeletons mob about or saunter off to the East or West, rattling all the while.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Jan 18, 2017

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

(This leaves Pixie, Legion and Stolas in your Soulshell pool. They can be swapped to later if desired!)

: "Uwaa! Outsiders! Don't you know!? The Royal Show is the greatest event in all the Hells! We party for days on end!" She looks really excited just talking about it, bringing her hands up and making little fists. "B-but... they say all the tickets are sold out..." She lowers her arms and looks off to the side, clearly forlorn.

Getting this close Noriko can see that the girl has no eyes, just sockets rimmed with old blackened blood. Suddenly .attak butts in with an Intimidation check. The ghost girl staggers back a step, looking a bit spooked(!)! "S-scary..." Against all logic small black droplets begin to pool under her eyes and before you know it she's sobbing. Intimidation Success. ... You reckon this isn't a player or even much of a combatant mob. With a trembling arm she points to the East. "T-t-t-that way... b-b-but... *sniff* *hick* wah.. t-they're s-s-sold o-out... uaahh..."

Emerald Sentry: HP: ??? AC/F/R/W: 18/12/20/12
Skeletons: HP: ??? AC/F/R/W: 14/12/12/12
Music

Sure enough you can see bigger crowds waiting before another wicked structure to the East. Between another set of skeletal pillars you can see multiple sets of barred windows built over small ticket booth hubs. Narrow passages through spike-lined walls and mountain crevices are being patrolled by flying emerald skulls that are keyed to an Aggro reaction. They zoom back and forth between two fixed points rapidly. The Skeletons shuffle back and forth through the overall area as well but are still passive.

: "Ah man! Are y'all hotheads or somethin'? Yeesh... this section... smells like stealth. Easy to analyze at least... short aggro range, just don't stumble into 'em. Mind the Big Guy."

Woah! Twelve feet tall and made of terrible taut muscles and exposed organs idly lashing about, this thing is huge! The giant Zombie stands atop a raised plateau halfway into the zone and is loitering near what could only be a Treasure Chest. Luck may be with you... he has a friendly aura about him.

(You guys can move freely for now. Skeletons don't block movement. To pass an Emerald Patrol Aura requires a Skill Check or an Action of your choice. The second Skull can't see the Zombie plateau above it.)

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Jan 12, 2017

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

(Planned out action.)

Stealth: You find it simple to pass by once the Sentry changes directions. Stealth Success. Other PCs may now take 10 on their roll, automatically succeeding if they have +5 Stealth or higher. Stealth DC 15

: "Oi luv, ya waitin' fer tha reckonin'?" A giant cockney Zombie! Blimey! The faceless horror tilts its head at the neck to face the chest, then Noriko, before standing straight again. "Mmm... gettin' mighty hungry waitin' all day." The giant squats and rests his hands on his knees, facing Noriko eye to eyebloody mess. "Spare a bite?"

[ ] Yes
[ ] No

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

: "Ah can see the bloody line from 'ere, thanks." He stands back up and resumes his watch. "Step off, now." He takes a step to the side, standing in front of the box. Diplomacy Failure.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

: "Yeah, I think helpin' beats hurtin'. Nice thing about fights is they tend ta be a lil' more obvious." By default Takamura speaks in [Party].

: Rubbing at her eyes coats her hands in blood. "*Sniff* T-that's the way to the s-stage..."

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jan 12, 2017

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

She nods and gives you a pitiful "Uh huh."

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Perception: You identify a length of twisted metal near the Zombie that looks juuuuust safe enough to walk across. This also keeps you out of the Emerald Sentry's field of vision and gives you a 10 foot(2 Square) height advantage in case you wanted it. Such a short drop is also safe to take at any time without fall damage... assuming you don't go for the spikes outlining all the paths, of course. Or leap off the cliff. That'd be silly. Sensei wouldn't be impressed.

: "Let him bite you. Heh."

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jan 12, 2017

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Athletics: You find it easy enough to vault around, under or even over the awkward floating skulls.. Athletics Success. Other PCs may now take 10 on their roll, automatically succeeding if they have +5 Athletics or higher. Athletics DC 15.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Everyone: Anyone can take the Zombie up on his request at any time.

The Skeletons begin to gather and mob around the barred windows to the East. Rattling intensifies as they begin the crowd starts to get a bit unruly. A voice that sounds like Hell warmed over rasps out from speakers affixed to the wicked skull pillars. Sounds like black tar gravel warped with its of static.

"FANS OF THE ROYAL SHOW!!! WE WILL BE SELLING A TICKET TO TONIGHT'S SHOW! IN FIVE... FOUR..."

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jan 12, 2017

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Ryuka: Ryushian walks by your doorway holding a glass of water. He pauses, leans over to stare into your room for a moment and then silently walks away shaking his head.

Emerald Sentries have 15 HP!

: "Really now? Ey, thanks mate!" The second Lyth mentions that she's interested in "A Bite" the Zombie leans over and scoops her up. The flesh piled up at the front of his face peels away and he sinks a set of giant serrated teeth deep into the little rabbit, happily chowing down. Despite how jarring it must be from Ryuka's point of view you don't see any menace in the action or a change in the Zombie's aura. And fortunately, it doesn't even hurt! Just tingles with a bit of rumble feedback.

Ryuka: You lose 3 Healing Surges!

: "You really helped me out there, lassy." He gently deposits an unbloodied Lyth back on the floor. "Ah'll tell you wot. If'n I find a ticket, it's yers. But fer now you can have this!" He kicks the Treasure Chest and it pops open! As the Big Guy goes back to idly standing around with his arms crossed, Lyth can feel a peculiar sensation in her heart... a new Persona appears in the Soulshell! Anyone may immediately swap Personas with Zombie though Lyth gets first crack if she wants it.

Zombie (Devil)
Zombies are a prevalent popular culture icon in the horror genre. Originated from tales of Afro-Caribbean origin. A zombie is a reanimated corpse without speech or free-will, believed to have been evoked back to life by a powerful sorcerer and made to serve as his/her servant.
Bite (vs Fortitude. Melee. Deals 2 Physical Damage and Ongoing Necrotic 2(Save Ends))
Passive: Grants DR 2
Weakness: Radiant, Fire

quote:

Flame Bracers

Flickering flames dance between the folds of these charred black leather bracelets.

Arm Slot
Passive: When you score a Critical Hit deal an additional 1d6 Fire Damage
Daily: (Minor) The next time you Hit with an Attack deal an additional 1d6 Fire Damage

: "Woah! The mascot's braver than the actual crew! Heh heh! Ya know, you remind me a'... what's his name... ah yeah! Choppa!" He does the voice! "Hahahahahaha!"

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jan 12, 2017

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

TWO... ONE!!! An achingly loud horn blast sounds.

The ticket booths are peeled away by giant skeletal hands to allow a pair of massive constructs to lurch forward on massive bio-mechanical spider legs! Belching smoke from infernal machinery strapped to a techno-magical coffin full of bubbling necromantic sludge the "Bouncers" begin beating back the crowds of angry Skeletons, discharging bolts of dark energy from the massive windows on their front! A few of the older bones dissolve and are vaporized, the ash pulled back with the beams. The black sludge inside bubbles and shifts and fresh skulls peer outwards, leering at their takings.

SURPRISE ROUND! You can take ONE Action! Go by Thursday Night!

Bouncers: HP: ??? AC/F/R/W 17/15/15/15
Bouncer Blasts: +7 Atk
Skeletons: HP: ??? AC/F/R/W 14/12/12/12
Emerald Sentry: HP 15/15 AC/F/R/W 18/12/20/12

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jan 12, 2017

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

(Surprise Round is over. Rolling Initiative.)

quote:

Initiative

Felix 26
Bouncers 24
Tsukiyo 18
Noriko 14
Skeletons 14
Ryuka 13
Takashi 13
Tatsumi 6

(Felix is up! Bouncers go Friday Afternoon.)

Some of you react more quickly than others. The Skeletons continue surging forward, eager to thrash the Bouncers and maybe acquire a ticket!? The Bouncers effortlessly push them back and begin advancing as well, the walls to the Box Office sealing behind him. The Bloody Skeleton inside of Noriko's AoE advances a few steps and then collapses into a pile of freshly bleeding bones that remain tangible(but don't block movement and can be moved through.) The Zombie also does not block movement in any way. He steps aside and watches the ruckus.

Reliable Man (Takamura): PCs have +2 Attack

Skeletons: HP: 1/1 (Dusty), HP: 10/10 (Bloody) Damage Taken 12 (E47 -> E49), ??? (Armored), ??? (Flaming) Damage Taken 6 (Flaming H41 -> H46)
AC/F/R/W: 14/12/12/12

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jan 18, 2017

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

(Tsukiyo and Noriko are up. Skeletons go Saturday Night.)

(With Felix's Slayer attack the Flaming Skeleton hit last round actually dies. This causes it to violently explode but the burst doesn't reach the top of the plateau.)

The Bouncers advance, easily displacing the Skeleton around them. They approach the narrow passages but their nimble spider legs bend and flex to allow them to move. They bend dramatically and their windows shimmer and flex before massive black arms made of ooze and tar erupt and smash everything around them! The tar spreads to the ground as these arms vanish back into the windows.

Skeletons: HP: 1/1 (Dusty), HP: 10/10 (Bloody) Damage Taken 12 (E47 -> E49), ??? (Armored), 15/15 (Flaming, Explode on Death Close Burst 1)
AC/F/R/W: 14/12/12/12
Black Tar: Difficult Terrain. Starting or Ending turn inside applies Ongoing 3 Necrotic(Save Ends.)

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

(Ryuka, Tatsumi, Takashi, Noriko and Felix are up. Bouncers going Monday Morning.)

The Bloody Skeleton inside of Noriko's AoE attempts to rise but immediately takes another 4 damage and scatters to pieces for good. Most of the Boners swarm around the Bouncers and seem to be engaged in cosmetic fighting. A few break off and begin chucking their own femurs and ribs at Takashi and Felix! A sturdy bone wallops Felix across the side of the head for 4 Physical Damage! A bloodied shard of rib gouges Takashi's shoulder for 4 + 1(Weakness!) Necrotic Damage! The Bloody Skeleton cackles and in the middle of a rattling revel chucks further bones at Takashi!

Skeletons: HP: 1/1 (Dusty), HP: 10/10 (Bloody) Damage Taken 12 (E47 -> E49), ??? (Armored), 15/15 (Flaming, Explode on Death Close Burst 1)
AC/F/R/W: 14/12/12/12, Attack +4 Ranged 5, 4 Damage or 4 Necrotic Damage
Weakness Proc: Double Strike!

Black Tar: Difficult Terrain. Starting or Ending turn inside applies Ongoing 3 Necrotic(Save Ends.)

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

(Felix and Tatsumi still need to go. Tsukiyo is up. Skeletons go Tuesday Morning.)

quote:

E: Posting slightly out of order since I'll be busy working tomorrow and don't want to risk missing my turn.

(You already missed the Surprise Round. Take your turn, you have a Standard and Minor left.)

The Bouncers advance! The Northern Bouncer spews tar everywhere again with an erratic slam! The Southern Bouncer closes to Tsukiyo and fires out a wildly wavering beam of necromantic energies and black tar that temporarily engulfs her! It draws her inside the wild technonecromantic death coffin, chews her up for 9 Necromantic Damage and rotates to spit her out at J57!

: "OI! IS THIS THE ELIXIR YA HOLD UNTIL THE END OF THE GAME!? Use yer Personas, rookies!"

Skeletons: HP: 1/1 (Dusty), HP: 10/10 (Bloody), 20/20 (Armored), 15/15 (Flaming, Explode on Death Close Burst 1)
E49 (Bloody) - Dead
H49 (Bloody) - Marked(Takashi)
E50 (Armored) - 1/20, Bloodied

G57 -> G51: 6 Damage Taken, -2 Atk UEONT Mori
Bouncer Blasts: +7 Atk vs AC
Bouncer Grab: +7 Atk vs Reflex, 1d8+4 Necrotic, Moves Target

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jan 18, 2017

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

(Ryuka, Tatsumi, Takashi, Noriko and Felix are up. Bouncers go Tuesday Night.)

Tatsumi charges in and strikes the Bloody Skeleton at H49, revealing the obvious weakness of the dead... Radiant Damage! The bloody bones fall Prone and take some extra damage!

Felix: G46 is already dead. Striking and killing H49 instead.

RATTLE ME BONES! The skeletal hordes begin swarming nearby targets! Thrown bones and a swung armored fist pummel Felix for 12 Physical Damage! Dozens of flung femurs and angry fists beat down on Tsukiyo but are unable to break through her defenses.

Skeletons: HP: 1/1 (Dusty), HP: 10/10 (Bloody), 20/20 (Armored), 15/15 (Flaming, Explode on Death Close Burst 1)
H49 (Bloody) - DEAD
E50 -> F48 (Armored) - 1/20, Bloodied

G51: 6 Damage Taken, -2 Atk UEONT Mori
K54: 2 Damage Taken

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jun 3, 2017

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

(Ryuka and Tatsumi are up.)

Blasting the Bouncer with Zio reveals a Lightning Weakness.

F48 (Armored) - 1/20 HP, Bloodied
F57 (Armored - 12/20 HP
J56 (Bloody) - 4/15, Prone, Immobilized
J57 (Bloody) - DEAD
K57 (Bloody) - DEAD
L56 (Armored) - 9/20, Prone, Immobilized
L57 (Armored) - 9/20, Prone, Immobilized

G51 -> F49: 31 Damage Taken, Marked(Takashi), Prone
K54: 2 Damage Taken

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jun 3, 2017

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

(Tsukiyo's up. Skeletons go Wednesday Morning.)

(Noticing a formatting error on a lot of combat blocks: Personas can use all of their powers "At-Will." The only limit is your Fortune Points.)

With a deft bouncing of the spider legs the elongated coffin-bots spring to their feet(Stand as Minor.) The Northern Bouncer rises as a smoldering, twitching heap emitting sparks, smog and cackles... the swirling mass of skeletons and tar within bubbles violently before rays of necromantic blight fire off at Tatsumi, Takashi and Ryuka! They go flying to the sides or can be withstood! The Northern Bouncer Shifts to the side, looming over Takashi as its ticks close to him. The Southern Bouncer smashes the ground around it and immediately inflicts Tsukiyo with Ongoing Necrotic 3(Save Ends)! She's inside Difficult Terrain as well! The impact batters her for a reduced 3 Necrotic Damage!

F57 (Armored - 12/20 HP
J56 (Bloody) - 4/15, Prone, Immobilized
L56 (Armored) - 9/20, Prone, Immobilized
L57 (Armored) - 9/20, Prone, Immobilized

Bouncers: HP: ??? AC/F/R/W 17/15/15/5
F49 -> G50: 2/70 HP, Marked(Takashi), Bloodied, Weakness CD USONT
K54: 68/70 HP
Stand from Prone as Minor

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jun 3, 2017

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

(Everybody is up. All Monsters go Thursday Night.)

The bones fly as Skeletons swarm! Tatsumi defends against all comers, Lyth is bonked in the noggin for 4 Physical Damage! A single Critically tossed Bone whacks Takashi across the snout for a Reduced 6 Physical Damage. Tsukiyo is mobbed and sufficiently flanked as dozens of thrown fists and femurs fly towards her, several finding their target for 20 Damage! Humerusly several of the Skeletons rush into the Proning zone and fall flat but are no less enthusiastic in their desire to maim poor Tsukiyo.

F57 (Armored - 12/20 HP
J56 (Bloody) - 4/15, Prone
L56 (Armored) - 9/20, Prone
L57 (Armored) - 9/20, Prone
J57, K57 - Prone

Bouncers: HP: ??? AC/F/R/W 17/15/15/5
K54: 68/70 HP

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jun 3, 2017

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

(Lets wrap this up by Saturday Morning!)

(Brackish, the extra action/defenses proc was for Flagello. Also your movement can't enter an occupied square, stopping short.)

The Bouncer shimmers and can be knocked Prone by attacking its weakness again.

: "Hey, somethin's a little odd here..."

Boom! Flagello takes a Reduced 2 Fire Damage and blows away several Skellies as she makes a fast retreat! In the wake of the blast and Mori's phantasmal horde she slips away without being noticed! Tatsumi slips away from aggressive rattling unharmed and unleashes delicious havoc! In trying to slip by in a cute manner Lyth is CRITICALLY rattled for a Reduced 1 Fire Damage! Maybe this big chef guy is good for something after all!

The Bouncer is pulled into position but is undaunted! It splooshes a giant rippling negative energy arm all over Takashi, suddenly sucking him into it's creepy coffinbot window! He takes a Boosted 6 Necrotic Damage and is blasted out at J53 and knocked Prone! The Armored Skeletons already in the Chasm get up and rush to swarm Takashi, rattling ineffectually at him! A few more try to follow but immediately trip and fall to pieces. They slowly reassemble in quiet shame.

The rest mob Tatsumi and try to show him a thing or two about Human anatomy. One wayward bone finds its mark and bonks the top of his head for a Reduced 2 Physical Damage.

: "Oi! Flashy newbie!" Somehow you all know this means Brackish. "What're ya doing wit' this cautious bow poo poo? Thought ya was a ninja." Brief conversation ensues. "YA FORGOT YER ARMS?! Holy... hold on a sec... see, this is why overseerin' ain't just fer dudes ta afk when they're burnt but just wanna chat with the boys... savin' lives here, I am." You can hear the clink of a can on a desk after this little bit of back-patting. After a bit of impromptu crafting Takamura provides Brackish_Gaijin with some mundane weaponry!

quote:

Shuriken, Kusari-Gama

Straight out of the Player's Handbook. Hey kid, mats ain't free. Pass me the gold cost, will ya?

J54 (Armored) - 1/20 HP, Bloodied
K54 (Armored - 12/20 HP
Firey Explode on Death: +4, 1d6+2 Fire in Burst 1

Bouncers: AC/F/R/W 17/15/15/5
K54 -> J51 : 49/70 HP, Slowed (UEONT Mori), Marked (Takashi)
Weakness Proc: Prones

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jun 3, 2017

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Splitting the second Bouncer down the middle, Gaijin stands triumphant between two smoldering piles of melting metal and shadowy goo. The call goes up to finish off the remaining Skeletons! A giant cloud of dust sweeps over the battlefield and before you know it all enemies have been eliminated!

: *sssssssip* "Good job! S'a good sign when you guys don't comedy wipe on the first pull."

The remains of the two Bouncers gel together and shimmer wildly before disappearing entirely. They leave behind three shimmering objects that gradually dim until visible.

quote:

Three of Cups

300 Gold! Each!

Concert Ticket

A Ticket to the Royal Show! A super cute portrait of a winking girl with elegant blue hair, a dapper little crown covered in crosses and a pierced tongue giving you a playful raspberry is professionally laminated on the blood red paper.

Wildrunners

Stylish and elegant pure black platform shoes. Despite their size they are sleek and lend themselves to moving quickly. A black crosses motif makes them top fashion!

Feet Slot
Passive: When Running, Move your Speed +4.
Daily(Free): Use when you Run. You do not provoke OAs when Running for this Turn.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jan 18, 2017

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

The little ghost girl is standing on tip toes in the edge of the brazier, looking in the direction of the box office. She gasps and runs to meet your group, gently floating at a downward angle to eventually meet the ground.

: "Wow! Nobody ever beats the Bouncers! You're amazing!"

The procession of surly Skeletons has halted and all is quiet before the great doors save for the muffled din of a great party.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jan 18, 2017

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

(I want to hear it decisively from those interested: who is claiming the Wildrunners? If there's more than one with a strong interest I'll roll a die.)

: "REALLY?! I CAN HAVE YOUR TICKET?!" Your supernatural supporter beams with such radiance that you'd swear she had turned divine. "Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you! You're so great!" As Lyth basks in the gratitude she demands praise. The ecstatic little girl smiles and sincerely praises her! "You've truly got the biggest head I've ever seen! Ohhh! Thank you so much!" Takamura's removal of his headset and distant laughter can be heard. He quickly returns with another sip and a little belch.

She hops up and down and clutches the ticket in both hands, each jump taking her an extra foot off the ground since she just ends up floating at the apex of her jump. She eventually stops and drifts back down to the floor, trotting over to the massive double doors. She holds up her ticket and the entire area begins to softly quake... then stop as she looks over her shoulder and gives you another beautiful smile. "Why don't we go together?" She offers the ticket up to the door again and the massive iron gate slowly rumbles open. You can barely make out the ghost girl's laughing form dissolving into something a bit more starkly terrifying... before she vanishes, merging with your Soulshell.

Yomotsu-Shikome (Hermit)
The Yomotsu-Shikome in Japanese mythology are residents of the underworld, servants of Izanami-no-Mikoto. They are spirits known as the "old hags of the Yomi" and relentlessly chase the living if they disturb the rest of the dead. They are said to be obsessed with food above all else.
Evil Touch (vs Will. Melee. Deals 1d6+1 Necrotic Damage to one target.)
Tarunda (vs Fortitude. Ranged 5. Target -2 Attack UEONT.)
Passive: Resist Necrotic 3

(Anyone may swap Support Personas to Yomotsu-Shikome... and this is LAST CALL to do the same for Zombie. Otherwise you'll have to wait for the end of this adventure!)

---

Finally.. you enter the outskirts of The Royal Show!

Strange machinery, structures and statues decorate the landscape, as well as natural protrusions of stone. A pair of giant skeletons encased in iron frames loom over you. Despite red framing and aggressive naming they allow you to pass without any reaction... judging by the generous use of Skull markings around their names you think that they must be above your level range.

: "Guardians. Must be one-a those social zones... don't start any poo poo, yeah?"

Nearby a pair of Players are using a crafting area to work on profession items and are having a light back and forth about how cool the mindscape is. One is a large and masculine handsome zombie, <Fanboy> Working_Man. The other is a super-chic roach girl, <Fangirl> Not_Yours!! who can't seem to stop visibly drooling. They emote polite greetings your way. Nearby several Skeletons are engaged in heated debate about which of the many super cool features they admire most in The Princess and are blocking access into the crowded waiting room. Several hookahs made of hollowed out skulls litter dirty benches and the air is thick with fruity, flavorful smoke.

Crafting Bonus: Necroforge Discovered! Any item you purchase that involves the Necrotic Keyword/Necrotic Powers is 10% off if you travel to this Mindscape first!

Some Emerald Sentries are patrolling a passage to the West that looks like a loop around back towards the entrance. A large sign hanging from a crucified skeleton designates it as "CREW AND DELIVERIES ONLY!!!" A few strange paintings are placed on the walls in a very specifically spaced manner. Trophies, perhaps. And a large building ringed with barbed wire and great metal poles invites all inside where a jovial big-boned Skeleton is selling sky blue t-shirt cosmetics. They all have the same silhouette as the ticket, the crowned zombie girl blowing a raspberry. "Only a Hundred Gold!" She IS really cute and you've seen several Skeletons that got this far wearing the same shirts...

Literal mosh pits hold several Bloody Skeletons who are eternally crashing into each other until they collapse. They shortly reform and the impacts and assemblies often mix up the bones. Looks like the time of an afterlife.

In the Northernmost part you can spot an entryway made up of a giant curtain. It leads towards twisting masses of stone and metal that form the base of a great hexagonal stage... sitting at the front of the path is an elegant looking schoolgirl character. Aside from the katana and robotic arm she looks like somebody you might see tomorrow at Naoki Academy, as though her Avatar was a faithful recreation of the person playing. Her screenname is simply Miyuki. She appears to be projecting an aura of radiant serenity that keeps any of the Skeletal NPCs from even approaching her.

: "Oi, first good player I've seen all night. Heh, just kiddin'... but show a little respect! I've done a few scapes with her and she spends a lot of time beatin' the poo poo outta griefers and trolls... oh, and she's about ten levels up on ya!"

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jan 18, 2017

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Intimidate Success

The Skeletons are blown away! Literally, several are blasted back against the wall in shock, leaving behind only their still standing feet which eventually get the picture and scurry over to provide a base for the rest of their bodies to reform. This leaves the room open to move through freely. As somebody passes by to inspect the hidden chest they can hear whispered talk(yet still loud enough to feature on any Streams:)

"This guy... is a real Princess Otaku!"

"Wow! His devotion really rattles me to the core!"

"It's tibiaxpected... such an outlandish guy... must be one of her fans!"

"That praise! That sternum-shattering praise!"

"HE REALLY GETS IT!" The Skeletons start to cheer and rattle anxiously, hopping up and down and pumping their fists.

"ONE OF US! ONE OF US! ONE OF US! ONE OF US!"

As you open the chest you can hear several whispers to .attk about purchasing only the best and most high res screenshots of the Princess.

quote:

Gauntlets of Blood

These rusty looking steel gauntlets are colored a foreboding black... wait a second! It's all old blackened blood!

Hands Slot
Passive: Deal an additional +2 Damage to Bloodied targets

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

: "Just remember this place when you have some real walking around money."

: "It's rude to stare. How long did you plan to talk about me while I was AFK?" That cold, distant voice! That commanding manner! That fierce stare! Is this a true.... COOL BEAUTY?!

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Jan 18, 2017

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

All of the Skeletons look up suddenly, a deathly silence falling over the area as everybody, PCs included, stares at Flagelo. And then in a symphony of rattling crashes the Skeletons fall all over themselves, raspy laughter flooding out of bouncing jaws.

"OH MY GOD!"

"COULD THIS GIRL HAVE WORSE TASTE?!"

"WHAT A loving IDIOT!"

"AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA IS THIS REAL?!"

"WHAT A TRASHY MORTAL!!!"

""WHO IS THE PRINCESS?!" WHAT A LOUSY JOKE!"

"WHAT A BONE HEAD!"

"YOU GOTTA BE RIBBING ME!"

"A TRUE NUMBSKULL!"

"SHE REALLY TICKLES MY FUNNY BONE, DOHOHOHOHOHOHO!"

This continues until Flagelo leaves the area.

---

The wide Skeleton Shopkeep beams(or is that his default expression with no skin!?) as he presents Lyth with one of the darling sky blue shirts, size XXS. You pay out 100 Gold Coins. Suddenly, something happens! With a shimmer and a blink... a Title appears!

<Fangirl> Lyth

Titles may be swapped at any time. "Thank you for your patronage and please, tell your friends!" There are still dozens of the shirts for sale...

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

: ["Just move on, kid. It ain't worth it."]

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jun 3, 2017

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

: "I'll let my actions speak for me." Her voice has no filtering at all. "Why are you here? Just passing through? Or are you going on to the show?"

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jun 3, 2017

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Noriko: That'll be 100 Gold! You are now <Fangirl> Memento-Mori!

: "I have a feeling that you're not expecting to encounter the Princess... nobody is, right, Takamura?" She looks off to the East, towards the grand curtain. Nothing exists to stop anyone from passing under it. It's just very ominously set is all.

: "Heard she was goin' ta a concert or somethin' tonight. Great chance ta visit her Scape!"

: "And you're so gracious as to let these players be your face." She sighs serenely. "I've been seeking a group of gankers who ducked in here to hide. They think that they can hide under the name of [ORDER]." This entire time she has been speaking in the meditative poise, looking like a master in a temple or dojo. "But I know they are in there... and I know this is the only way to enter that part of the instance." Suddenly, Miyuki gives you a warm smile. "You should try not to be ambushed if you continue."

: "These guys ain't fallin' fer that poo poo!"

: "All the same." She extends a Trade Window to Brackish. She sets down a trio of consumables and highlights [ACCEPT], waiting for you to do the same.

quote:

Beginner's Mocha
A delightful little pick me up potion. Keep it handy for when the going gets tough, meow.
x3 Consumable
Minor: Spend a Healing Surge. Regain 6 HP and gain +2 Defenses USONT.

: "Good luck."

: "Chhh. Listen up, rookies. There's two points ta a player's Mindscape. The first is what we're in now... kind of a kickin' rad home base set up. Some bonuses to stuff you do, a place to socialize, that sorta thing. But the real beef is inside the hardest part of the dungeon they set up. Ya can't make a Mindscape without bein' established as a player. And ya can't get somethin' fer nothin'. People set Scapes up lookin' fer fights and offer up some of their own stash ta make it interestin'. So we're gonna bust in there and steal some loot from a high level [ORDER] officer herself. She ain't gonna be here so she ain't gonna PvP ya. Good thing too, we'd need about twenty of ya to even try." You hear a climatic ssssip and the crunch of a can being pressed flat. "Haaah, good... yeah! So lets go, guys! When yer ready storm through there and I'll start ya on the path ta greatness! Rare items! Tons of gold! Maybe even some unique Personas! ARE YA WITH ME?!"

: "Takamura, I'm curious. Can you hear yourself when you speak out loud?"

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jun 3, 2017

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

: "Looks like a waste a' good coin."

The painting depict horrible fates for an assorted variety of colorful Humanoids. Trapped inside the iron maiden, mashed to pulp inside a pit full of thrashing skeletons, or lit aflame by the Emerald Sentries. Grim stuff.

(You can advance to the next map at any time, spawning in tiles -AJ to -AH, 27-33. Feel free to declare broad range movements rather than treating this as a combat round, though try to limit them to moving between the "screens" of the map below and give me at least general tile locations of where you move to or investigate.)

---

You pass the curtain and begin the winding approach to the stage.

Ornate spikes and torches line the path, as well as the hulking metal shapes of ominous boxes stained with blood. The ground here is freshly tilled as though somebody... was just buried!

A massive locked gate bars a direct approach to the stage. When you reach for your ticket you discover that it has already burned away, summoned forth by the first massive gate at the start of the Mindscape. A strange contraption laced with loose chains is affixed to the side of the gate but offers no obvious use.

From there the only path lies to the North, across a dangerously thin walkway suspended above several Mosh Pits.

(Overview Shot.)

Bloody Thrashers: HP: 10/10 AC/F/R/W: 14/12/12/12

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jun 3, 2017

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

.attak: Dungeoneering SuInterruption... ! The moment you step into column 36 the ground erupts as a line of barbed chains tears into you for 5 Physical Damage! The animated metal snaps taut around your limbs and begins to forcefully drag you! You are Grappled and pulled to -AJ36, the Iron Maiden swinging open to reveal a row of animated straps and gleaming spikes! (For the sake of escape DCs, treat the Maiden and Chains as having AC/F/R/W 10/15/15/10.)

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Of the three chains, you destroy one and grant .attak a +2 modifier to escaping the Grapple.

(Though not a formal combat round, please wait for others before attacking that specific Maiden again.)

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

The maiden's chains withstand the spectral assault and remain taut.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Immolating one of the chains above a damage threshold of 10 successfully slags it, further granting .attak another +2 to getting away from the final chain around his neck.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

A third attack shatters the final train and frees .attak before he can be pulled to the base of the Iron Maiden. It slams shut and sinks into the terrain a bit, welding itself closed.

You've got an interest in that gate ahead but the path ahead seems... significantly more treacherous than it first appeared.

: "Mmmhmm. Why do ya think we're sneakin' in? Princess is a pretty good player. Now if it was just a matter a' waitin' fer somebody ta fall asleep nobody would start their own scape. But ya get ta kit 'em out really good, especially if ya find more stuff doin' good PvE." You can hear the slurp of a can. "Nice save, b t w."

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jun 3, 2017

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Everything seems well. Just a straight walk to try your luck with the Mosh Pits or the Gate. Of course, if your senses fail you you can still take actions targeted at general areas or specific squares, whether using powers, items or outside the box manipulation of the environment. Just a bit of guesswork and watching your step, it seems.

You can also return to the previous map at any time.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Perception Success, DC 15 Met

Appliny a critical eye to your surroundings you notice a pattern in disturbances along the ground. The Iron Maidens always lace up to three squares in front of them with barbed chains, buried and waiting. This makes the gate a bit more approachable but a cluster of danger bars the path forward. It doubly blocks the tempting treasure chest.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jun 3, 2017

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

.attak: You stride up to bait out the Maidens and evade the expected three chain sweep from one of them, the empty chains slamming into the coffin as it sinks into the ground and welds itself shut, merging with the terrain. The other seizes you same as the last, barbed chains digging in to torso, arms and leg for 6 Physical Damage! Your Athletics Success immediately pulls your leg free from one of the chains but you're still Grappled by the other two.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jun 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Indeed, the Maiden is thwarted and sinks. These traps seem to reward keeping a steady head... or at least not adventuring alone. The chest slowly creaks open...

quote:

Casque of Tactics

An unremarkable but practical steel helm, flat and plain. It has a comfortable satin lining and a quiet, understated aura of authority.

Passive: +1 Initiative
Daily(Free): Swap Initiative with a willing Ally you can see

.attak: Finally, you can safely reach the gate! Dungeoneering Success: It's just scenery! It has no functionality with the massive locked gate at all! For a second it dawns on you how surreal it is that the realistic giant rustic gate is not a physical object required to operate according to engineering or even physics. A suitable Thievery check might open the gate, or the proper Key. All that matters is appeasing the requirements of the code.

On a more practical note (Dungeoneering DC 15 Met) the apparatus can be destroyed and will yield 50 feet of chain.