Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:
Tatsumi

Tatsumi nodded as his Grandmother left. "Don't worry, I will." and just to be sure he set a reminder for his phone to vibrate just in case, in addition to the alarm he had for when it was time to get up. He'd had one too many mornings of his mother getting him up by throwing all the windows open and jolting him into productivity that even the annoying beep of an alarm was better. He indulged in a little drink of juice before putting his headset on. It was a decent mid-range rig; the kind that came all ready to go out of a box with little customization or configuration. But that suited him just fine.

He briefly glanced at the patch notes as he logged on. A druid? Man that could've been cool. Could've been like, a bear or something... catching salmon, getting honey, being huge... but then shrugs. No point in thinking about that now, it wouldn't be a good sign to make a new character every time something changed. He scanned through the EULA... well ok, that was a lie. He scrolled down as fast as he could. Accept. Accept. Accept. Yes my fate blah blah blah.

Capo Kappo

As he logged on he was greeted by a group invite. 'Takamu- who was this guy?' he wondered briefly before seeing the guild tag. Oh right, the panda people he had applied with! A moment of nervous hesitation followed before he accepted and found himself in the Velvet Room. He kept quiet as he listened to Takamura introduce himself. Wow this was cool. High level players got all the best stuff and fancy gear. He smiles cheerfully as he was inspected, only to be called scary. His shoulders slumped, chest fell, and gave a nervous little stammer at being called scary. "I.. it's not supposed to be scary, I'm actually..." then trailed off into a quiet mumble as the oni made his way down on the line to continue his assessments. Well, at least he didn't get laughed at.

A Bug fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jul 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
Tatsumi

Tatsumi took a moment to look over the Persona options. He couldn't help but wonder if they were even needed, but Takamura definitely knew more about the game than he did, so he selected The Chariot. He gave a little chuckle through his mic at the look of the Ara Mitama. "Heh heh, it's like flying hot sauce. Or ketchup."

Clearly he put a lot of thought into his decision.

Capo Kappo

Kappo entered the hellish mindscape with his groupmates and took a look around. He reached back, feeling the handles of the comically-oversized santoku knife and frying pan that he used as weapons, especially upon seeing the skeletons. But they didn't seem to be attacking. He looks to Flagelo and shrugs his shoulders slightly, then nods to Memento-Mori. "Yeah, I mean, if we don't need to fight these things is it worth it? Do they have loot too? Or are they gonna try and rush us when the door opens. Come to think of it, anyone have any ideas on how this thing does open?" meanwhile leaving Lyth to RP and interact with the ghostly girl.

A Bug fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jul 29, 2017

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
Capo Kappo

Kappo watched his groupmates, standing behind Mori and .attak as they spoke with the ghost. He couldn't help but feel a little guilty as the latter made her cry.

"Geez, that seemed kinda harsh. I mean, I know they're NPCs, but still..." he says into group chat, then trails off, not wanting to start drama and be That Guy when they'd just met. But it still nagged at him.

"Hey, umm sorry about that. He didn't mean anything by it, he's just a bit intense." he says as he gives his best attempt to soothe the apparition. But given the sinister way the hellish lights cast a shadow across his face save for the gleam of his eyes and the slightly crooked smile full of jagged teeth, it probably wasn't the best impression.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + ZERO: 4

A Bug fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jul 29, 2017

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
Capo Kappo

Kappo began to follow along after Brackish, taking a moment to look around at his surroundings. The graphics were pretty good, and definitely immersive. He saw Flagelo leap over the sentry, then smiles to himself. "Yeah I can do that, no problem." to no one in particular through party chat before leaping over as well. With the culinary gear he wore, not to mention his rather... umm.. rotund figure, stealth might not be the best option.

Take 10 on Athletics for a 20.

A Bug fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jul 29, 2017

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
E: Posting slightly out of order since I'll be busy working tomorrow and don't want to risk missing my turn.

Tatsumi

Tatsumi took a sip of water as he watched the bouncers come out and make their grand entrance. "coooooool" he said to himself without keying up the mic. He watched as they stomped around and consumed what were presumably the scrubs of this undead hellscape, though something was amiss. "Oh poo poo, I thought this was a cutscene!" he blurts out into group chat, though thankfully keeping his voice quiet so as not to wake his grandma. Well that would explain why he was just standing there.

Capo Kappo

Kappo rushed forward to join his companions, opting for the double-safety of the high plateau and proximity to .attak. He reaches back, grinning as he takes the oversized kitchen knife from its place on his apron, followed by a large cast-iron skillet in his left hand. Though one of the perks about everything being digital was that he could heft it as effortlessly as a light saute pan. He was too far from the skeletons to actually do anything, and it would take a bit longer yet before he could muster up anything productive, but that didn't mean he couldn't have fun.

"Hey now, looks like things are starting to heat up!" it was a pun you see. Lyth burned the skeleton and... oh never mind. He began to flick his left wrist, causing the garlic and veggies in the pan to jump and saute. Wait a minute, where did those even come from? And where was the heat coming from? There wasn't any source of fire nearby yet the pan was beginning to sizzle as whatever he was cooking came together. Though there wasn't any smell or taste, it still looked like food and offered stat boosts to boot! At least it would when it was ready.

Move: to I-45

pre:
Kappo   						 
HP: 34/34		AC:	20	Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 8/8 (V: 8)	For:	18	Passive Perception: 14
Initiative: +4		Ref:	16	Action Points: 1
Speed: 6		Will:	19	
Languages: Common, Elven		Vision: Normal

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Word of Diminishment	[ ][ ] Rune of Mending		[ ] Rune of the Undeniable Dawn
Word of Exchange	[ ] Shield of Devotion		[ ] Shield of Sacrifice
Sunblade Longsword	[ ] Heroic Effort		[ ] Sunblade Longsword
			[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Shield of Protection
			[ ] Executioner's Call
			[ ] Words of Bravery

Passives:
Serene Blade: Gain 3 THP once per round when hit by enemy.
Heavy Blade Expertise: +2 to all defenses against OAs.
Last Legion Officer: Ally can shift one square or +2 AC & Reflex USoNT when targetted by power that lets them spend a healing surge.
Veteran's Armor: +1 to attack rolls and defenses UEoNT when spending an action point.

Ongoing:
Reliable Man: +2 attack from Tamakura as Overseer

Persona:
Ara Mitama (Chariot)
Bash (vs Fortitude. Melee. Deals 1d4+1 Physical Damage to one target.)
Rakukaja (Range 5. Grants +2 AC UEOMNT)
Weakness: Thunder
Fortune Points: 2

A Bug fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jul 29, 2017

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
Tatsumi

Tatsumi seemed to be reacting a bit sluggishly. Could it be? Was he... bad at video games? Protect the squishies, right! Wait, was he one of the squishies? No, his stuff worked in melee... but he wasn't a tank? Or a DPS either. Man this stuff was confusing. "Well, it's only a game" he mused to himself with mic closed before acting.

Capo Kappo

Better late than never though, he joined the fray. Takamura-sensei's advice had reminded him that Personas were a thing that existed. "Right, protect the squishies! On it!" he says through group chat as he activates his persona... the angry red drop with a face appearing to bless the dragon rabbit. "Wait, is it cool to call people squishy? I don't wanna be rude." but didn't dwell on it as he hopped down from the ledge under the railing and rushed forward to attack the skeleton next to .attak. He swung his skillet like a club, impacting the skeleton in front of him with the bottom part where the heat should be. Despite not having a fire source there was the faintest bit of a sizzle as the veggies in the pan went from raw to translucent.

Free Action: Using Sunblade Longsword to make weapon damage radiant.
Fortune: Casting Rakukaja on Lyth. +2 AC until end of my next turn.
Standard: Charge to I48, Attacking Skeleton at H49 for 6 radiant damage.

pre:
Kappo   						 
HP: 34/34		AC:	20	Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 8/8 (V: 8)	For:	18	Passive Perception: 14
Initiative: +4		Ref:	16	Action Points: 1

[ ] Executioner's Call
			[ ] Words of Bravery

Passives:
Last Legion Officer: Ally can shift one square or +2 AC & Reflex USoNT when targetted by power that lets them spend a healing surge.
Veteran's Armor: +1 to attack rolls and defenses UEoNT when spending an action point.

Ongoing:

Persona:
Fortune Points: 1

Ara Mitama (Chariot)

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
Capo Kappo

"Hang on just a little longer! This thing's almost scrap, we'll be there pronto" he called out to Tsukiyo, meanwhile swinging his blade at the bouncer nearby. It wasn't a solid hit, but it was at least something, and when his blade impacted the skillet he held in his offhand flared up. There were no tastes or smells of course, but there was a visible wafting of golden-brown mist that could only be an approximation of aroma throughout the vicinity. "Aha~! Now we're cooking! Heads up Gaijin!" he calls out as he flicks his wrist, tossing a perfectly idyllic okonomiyaki to the party's ninja. When he did that the wafting aroma carried around the area, spreading to his groupmates invigorate them as well. At least stats-wise. Digital food didn't do much for real bellies.

Minor: Rune of Mending on Brackish with Rune of Protection. Brackish can spend a healing surge and gain his choice of either gain +2 AC/Reflex USONT or shift 1 square as free action (Last Legion Officer). All allies within 5 squares (everyone but Flagelo) and myself gain +1 to all defenses UEOMNT.
Move: to G47, moving the long way to avoid the OA.
Standard: Rune of Exchange (Protection) vs Bouncer at G48 for 7 radiant damage. Bouncer has -2 all defenses UEOMNT, next ally to hit Bouncer gains +3 AC UEOMNT.

Rune of Protection state: All adjacent allies gain resist 2 to all damage.

pre:
Kappo   						 
HP: 34/34		AC:	21	Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 8/8 (V: 8)	For:	19	Passive Perception: 14
Initiative: +4		Ref:	17	Action Points: 1
Speed: 6		Will:	20	

Word of Diminishment	[X][ ] Rune of Mending		[ ] Rune of the Undeniable Dawn
			[ ] Executioner's Call
			[ ] Words of Bravery

Passives:

Ongoing:
Rune of Protection: Adjacent allies gain resist 2 to all damage.
Sunblade Longsword: Weapon damage is radiant.

Persona:
Ara Mitama (Chariot)

A Bug fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jul 29, 2017

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
Capo Kappo

Kappo flipped and twirled his skillet once it was empty, using it like a shield to deflect the attacks coming his way. One bouncer down, one more and a lot of little fish left to fry. Figuring the dragonbunny and ninja had things handled on this end he broke away from the skeletons before him and down the hallway. As he moved he quickly reached into his jacket pocket and procured a few ingredients to toss in the pan. A small mackerel went in, followed by a dash of fish sauce and some garlic and herbs... sizzling up in a matter of seconds. He grins wide as he comes to the other skeletons blocking his path, only to slam the bottom of the skillet down flat on the ground in front of him. "Here it comes... the UMAMI BOMB!" getting into the swing of things as a torrent of rich savory aroma billows forth from his dish, threatening to bowl over anything in its vicinity. Or at least a pixelated approximation of flavor. He then flicks his wrist to lob the perfectly grilled fish over the gap and into the fray to heal Flagelo. How a pan-fried fish managed to have grill marks is a question best left for another time.

Move: to H52, provoking OAs from skellingtons at F47 and F48
Standard: Words of Bravery (Protection) missing .attak and striking G53 (20 vs AC) and H53 (19 vs AC) for 11 radiant damage each and pushing them both 1 square if they aren't dead. Flagelo can make another saving throw with a +3 bonus.
Minor: Rune of Mending (Protection) on Flagelo. Can spend healing surge and gains their choice of +2 AC & Reflex USONT or shift one square as free action. All allies within 5 squares (Flagelo, .attak, Memento-Mori) and myself gain +1 all defenses.
Fortune: Rakukaja on Flagelo. +2 AC UEOMNT

Rune of Protection state: All adjacent allies gain resist 2 to all damage.

pre:
Kappo   						 
HP: 34/34		AC:	21	Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 8/8 (V: 8)	For:	19	Passive Perception: 14

Word of Diminishment	[X][X] Rune of Mending		[ ] Rune of the Undeniable Dawn
			[ ] Executioner's Call
			[X] Words of Bravery

Passives:

Ongoing:
Rune of Protection: Adjacent allies gain resist 2 to all damage.
Sunblade Longsword: Weapon damage is radiant.

Persona:
Fortune Points: 0
Ara Mitama (Chariot)

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
Tatsumi

"Alright, we did it! Good job everyone!" he says, and though his groupmates couldn't see him it was pretty obvious by the tone of his voice that he was smiling. He then closed his mic as he snacked on some of the cookies Grandma had left him.

Capo Kappo

Kappo followed along and while he was sure there were others that bested the bouncers in other instances, it was nice to be acknowledged in the quest dialog. He kept quiet though, probably because he was too busy enjoying his late-night snack.

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
Capo Kappo

Kappo walked in, obviously impressed with this part of the mindscape. Quite a different scene than the imposing hellish wasteland they had walked into, and it certainly beat getting mauled by skeletons and ambulatory coffins. He emoted a quick wave back to the other players near the necroforge while Takamura did his pep talk.

"So wait, does that mean we'll be able to get mindscapes of our own eventually?" he asked to no one in particular in voice chat before making his way towards the paintings. Even if it was a digital space, aesthetics were important, and he leaned in for a closer look.

Perception: 1d20+4 = 11

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
Tatsumi

"Well I mean, technically we are all applying for the same guild. And we seemed to work pretty well together in that last fight. I mean, I don't think we need to be holding elections or anything, but a leader might be useful for when Takamura isn't online." he says, followed by silently sipping his juice. "I mean, someone else of course. I don't want to be a lea-."

Capo Kappo

"- oh dang!" his words cut off as he watched .attak get grabbed by chains. So much for a leisurely stroll. Flagelo was rushing forward to assist and he took a couple steps to follow suit before pausing. "Watch your feet everyone, I don't think that's the only trap here." as he followed along. But rather than trying to cut the chains he grabbed hold of the armored... dog... jackal... thing? and began to pull with all his digitized might.

Athletics: Aid Other on .attak: 1d20 + 10 = 30!

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
Capo Kappo

Kappo gave a relieved little sigh as the chains pulling .attak were destroyed, even if it had meant his own efforts weren't as useful. He blinks a couple times as their resident ninja addressed him and peers into the hallway, though given the gloomy atmosphere and torchlight it was hard to make anything out.

"Ummm yep. This hall definitely seems trapped to me." such a remarkable insight after the fact. Not that he had likely seen anything new to begin with, but who ever stopped at just one trap?

Perception: 1d20 + 4 = 7

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
Capo Kappo

Kappo watched as .attak essentially face-tanked the traps, and while his companions were quick to destroy the chains before they could do any further harm, there was still the initial impact that had to be worried about. He made his way toward the gate and reached into his chef's coat, withdrawing a large pair of kitchen shears. He gave them a couple of test snips into the air to make sure they were still in good order. "Well, we need more of a plan than just rushing headlong into things. I mean it's working so far, but probably not a long-term solution." he says before crouching down and beginning to trim the chains off of its apparatus. While the shears were likely coded for dealing with monster bones and the like, hopefully they were up to the task of cutting through iron as well. With his harvesting done he began to make his way down the hall to the skeletal mosh pits. "Ok, so you guys hold on and if I fall in, then you can pull me out."

Dungeoneering: 1d20+4 = 20 to harvest chain.

((Edit: Delay my turn pending Serviette's))

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
Tatsumi

"Well no, knives can get through bones, you just have to use a heavy blade. And like, use the base of it rather than the tip with like, your hand on the back to drive it. But a cleaver is better of course." not surprising someone with a culinary hobby would know about breaking down bones, but it could potentially sound a bit creepy.

Capo Kappo

Kappo paused for a moment at Lyth's words. He probably should have checked a couple things first before formulating the plan. He then started to wrap the chain around his waist, then slung a bit of it over his shoulders. "Well I mean, the gate was just a texture. I don't think we can actually go through it." he says before looking to Tsukiyo and Takashi's avatars. "I'm pretty sure we're the strongest physically so I'll try to cross and if I fall in then you two pull me back with the chain. Then once I'm across I'll hold it for the rest of us to cross over."

Even in the digital realm the chains were heavy, and his camera perspective shifted down slightly to simulate the drooping of weight. Or perhaps it was all in Tatsumi's head and he was just slumping slightly with his headset. He then started to walk once he was sure the others were ready to support him. Steady, steady... one foot in front of the other, don't look down. But rather than making his way straight across he went for the treasure chest... after all, wasn't loot the whole reason they were here?

Athletics: 1d20+10 = 19 going for the chest at -AY56 while trying to use the chain as a safety tether.

A Bug fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jul 29, 2017

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
Tatsumi

Ha ha! Now is the time for Tatsumi to get the treasure and be a credit to team! All it took was a little innovation and clever pl- oh geez. Everything is ruined. He gasped in surprise at the horror-movie avatar appeared in front him and set his juice down.

"Soooo I'm guessing they aren't Princess fans?" he asked in group chat.

Capo Kappo

As he asked his question EXE QT attempted to throw him into the mosh pit. He planted his feet firmly, thankful for the extra mass he had made his avatar with as he stayed put. After all, who ever trusted a skinny chef? Yet that additional bulk made it easier for Mapple to hit him, especially since his space to maneuver was limited. Thankfully his party had his back and knocked the hockey-masked psycho away. While part of him considered charging ahead, a look at his HP bar made him think better of it and instead ducked behind Flagelo. He reached into his chef's jacket to procure a hard-boiled egg and popped the thing whole into his mouth for a little boost.

"So umm... are you Princess fans?" he asks over area chat. Being social in an MMO? Unheard of!

Gain 3 THP from Serene Blade on being hit by Mapple's first attack, which is then used up on the second.
Move: to -BB59
Minor: Rune of Mending (Protection) on self: Spend a healing surge, myself and all allies within 5 squares gain +1 all defenses UEONT

Rune of Protection: Myself and all adjacent allies gain +2 resist all.

pre:
Kappo   						 
HP: 19/34		AC:	21	Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 7/8 (V: 8)	For:	19	Passive Perception: 14

[ ] Executioner's Call
			[ ] Words of Bravery

Passives:

Ongoing:

Persona:
Ara Mitama (Chariot)

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
(Reducing Crown of Stars damage by 2 due to the Rune of Protection state and being adjacent to Flagelo)

Tatsumi

"Well you're gonna have to cross over sooner or later. Otherwise she's gonna keep blasting us." he said, then gave a soft hmmm to himself and grinned as he got an idea.

Capo Kappo

"Though she can't do that if she's too far away. We'll buy you time to cross." he says, then raises the coffee that Brackish had given him with a little toast (though without the wink). Once it was finished he then began to hop across the catwalk with agility and athleticism that looked almost silly for his hefty avatar. Not like he could do anything similar in real life though. Energized by the mocha he planted his feet, then began to rush at Mapple... holding his pan in front of him like a battering ram to both clear some space as well as to protect himself from whatever magical blasts might be coming his way as he attempted to slam into her.

Minor: Drinking Beginner's Mocha, +6 HP and +2 Defenses USONT (Included in combat block)
Move: to -BG59
Standard: Charge with a Bull Rush 1d20+7 = 26 at Mapple, pushing to -BM61 and occupying her old spot.

Rune of Protection State: All adjacent allies gain +2 resist all.

pre:
Kappo   						 
HP: 25/34		AC:	22	Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 6/8 (V: 8)	For:	20	Passive Perception: 14
Initiative: +4		Ref:	18	Action Points: 1
Speed: 6		Will:	21	

[ ] Executioner's Call
			[ ] Words of Bravery

Passives:

Ongoing:

Persona:
Ara Mitama (Chariot)

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
Tatsumi

Tatsumi gulped nervously as the two new gankers appeared before him. He had overextended himself, and his fingers twitched nervously and his breathing got a bit more rapid and shallow as he watched his HP drop lower and lower. He quickly ran through his options menu, looking for anything in his ability list that could help him out. Maybe this recipe? Maybe fall back? Oh geez, oh man, what to do...

Capo Kappo

Making matters worse, he tried to move back towards his allies but found himself rooted to the ground. Panic was setting in, and rather than doing anything he just looked about nervously while the two gankers made short work of him, too paralyzed by indecision to defend himself.

-----------------

Capo Kappo

He saw the system message pop up right as he lost his persona and got back up. Seeing the name first, he expected it to be beratement for his poor performance. So much for this guild trial. But wait, an AFK message? Maybe the boss-man hadn't noticed his shameful performance then. He'd still have to deal with the loss of his friendly flying ketchup drop, but a second chance like this wasn't going to come along again. He begins to reach into the pockets of his chef coat, drawing a variety of dried chiles and herbs which he tossed into the pan. He wafted a bit of smoke from Brackish's ability into his pan as well, followed by two well-marbled strips of beef. They quickly sizzle and cook up with a billowing wafting of flavor, enough to invigorate any friends in the area and bring hunger pangs to his enemies. A quick saute and flip before the steaks flew overhead, one to Flagelo and one to .attak... until the latter one started to fall, its trajectory going instead from the jackal to the weird dragonbunny thing.

"Well, that may have counted as a kill, but I'm not gonna let you get another one." he says as he takes a step and swings his skillet at the armor-clad figure. Thanks to Lyth's flames it was easy to heat up, and after a comical bash he holds the bottom part of the skillet firmly against him as though burning him with a brand.

((I'm dumb and forgot to include the +1 attack roll from Veteran's Armor when doing the rolls, hence the difference in the post))
Action Point: Rune of Undeniable Dawn vs AC against Heart (16) and Hero (30) for 11 radiant damage. Heart takes half damage due to miss. Creating a close burst 3 zone centered on -BN60. Myself and all allies in the zone gain +2 power bonus to all defenses. Zone lasts UEONT (can be sustained with a minor action).
Move: Shift to -BM59
Free: Activating Sunblade Longsword, changing weapon damage to radiant
Standard: Executioner's Call (Protection) against AC: 18 against Hero for 11 radiant damage. Allies gain +2 to damage rolls against Hero and Hero takes -2 penalty to attack rolls UEONT.
Minor: Shield of Sacrifice. .attak loses a healing surge. Lyth and Flagelo each regain HP as if they had spent a surge (doesn't actually cost them a surge though) and all three gain +5 power bonus to AC UEONT.

Rune of Protection: Adjacent allies gain +2 resist all
Veteran's Armor: +1 item bonus to attack and defenses UEONT

pre:
Kappo   						 
HP: 17/34		AC:	23	Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 6/8 (V: 8)	For:	21	Passive Perception: 14
Initiative: +4		Ref:	19	Action Points: 0
Speed: 6		Will:	22	

Word of Diminishment	[X][ ] Rune of Mending		[X] Rune of the Undeniable Dawn
Word of Exchange	[ ] Shield of Devotion		[X] Shield of Sacrifice
			[X] Executioner's Call
			[ ] Words of Bravery

Passives:
Last Legion Officer: Ally can shift one square or +2 AC & Reflex USoNT when targeted by power that lets them spend a healing surge.

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
Capo Kappo

Capo could only watch as Hero swooped in to abduct their ninja. He lunged out and swing his blade but he was gone too quickly. He did however, manage to waft a bit of the invigorating smoke from his cooking in Brackish's direction, and while it wasn't nearly as potent as an actual consumable item it was better than nothing.

Tatsumi

Tatsumi rubbed the bridge of his nose when Princess and her entourage made their debut. [Group] "Soooo I'm guessing even if we were fresh that fighting her would be a bad idea."

Capo Kappo

Kappo paused for a moment as the tidal wave of spooky ghouls and ghosts and skellies cascaded out of the locked door. But he wasn't going to let his nerves get to him again. "Oh hey guys, it's the Princess! We're ummm here for the show!" and motions to Lyth and Memento_Mori. "I would've gotten a shirt too, but there was a huge line, and I didn't know if it'd fit over the jacket." he says as he starts backing up, and while the nerves were obvious he did manage to keep the breaking of his voice to a minimum as he tries to stall for time.

Bluff: 1d20+0 = 19!

He meanwhile backpedaled toward the Maiden that was keeping his companion held and once he was near enough he procures a bottle of hot sauce from his pocket. It was an ominous black bottle with a red skull and two chile peppers underneath it in place of crossbones. He acts as fast as he can, applying a few drops of the pepper sauce to the chains. It did the quick, melting through the metal and filling the nearby area with an invigorating spicy scent. Or so the buff icon says.

Instant Reaction: Shield of Devotion on Brackish. Brackish regains 3 HP and I gain +2 power bonus to next attack roll against Hero (if he's alive long enough for that to be relevant)
Move: to -BR60
Standard: Word of Exchange for 10 damage to the chain, breaking it.
Minor: Rune of Mending (Destruction) on Brackish. May spend a healing surge and either shift one square or gain +2 AC/Reflex USONT. Myself and all allies within 5 squares gain +2 power bonus to damage rolls UEONT.

Rune of Destruction: Allies gain +1 bonus to damage rolls against enemies adjacent to me.

pre:
Kappo   						 
HP: 17/34		AC:	20	Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 6/8 (V: 8)	For:	18	Passive Perception: 14
Initiative: +4		Ref:	16	Action Points: 0

Word of Diminishment	[X][X] Rune of Mending		[X] Rune of the Undeniable Dawn
Word of Exchange	[X] Shield of Devotion		[X] Shield of Sacrifice
			[ ] Second Wind			[X] Shield of Protection
			[X] Executioner's Call
			[ ] Words of Bravery

Passives:
Last Legion Officer: Ally can shift one square or +2 AC & Reflex USoNT when targeted by power that lets them spend a healing surge.

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
Tatsumi

An audible nervous gulp was caught over his mic as Princess calls him out as he keyed up his mic briefly to retort. He thought better of it though; even if they were playing against each other there wasn't any point in bad manners and, more importantly, no sense making himself a bigger target than he already was. No pun intended. "So sensei, how do we get out? Won't she have the doors locked or something?" he asks via group chat.

Capo Kappo

"And Memento, we gotta skedaddle!" he calls to his teammate followed by moving himself down the hallway. He raised his knife up as he neared Flagelo, only for her to break free on her own (with a little help) and move down the hallway. The running was getting easier... pity he couldn't move like this in gym class! Aside from being chased by a wall of death this was much better than being stabbed through the chest and both avatar and player grinned wide.

Move: to -BT51, moving to avoid the iron maidens.
Standard: Second Wind, spending healing surge and gain +2 bonus to all defenses USONT

pre:
Kappo   						 
HP: 25/34		AC:	22	Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 5/8 (V: 8)	For:	20	Passive Perception: 14
Initiative: +4		Ref:	18	Action Points: 0
Speed: 6		Will:	21	

[X] Second Wind			[X] Shield of Protection
			[X] Executioner's Call
			[ ] Words of Bravery

Passives:

A Bug fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jul 29, 2017

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
Capo Kappo

Move: to -BS42, moving wide to avoid the iron maiden
Standard: Charge to -BS36, MBA vs wisp's AC: 21 for 8 damage.

Rune of Destruction state: Allies gain +1 to attack rolls against enemies adjacent to me.

pre:
Kappo   						 
HP: 25/34		AC:	20	Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 5/8 (V: 8)	For:	18	Passive Perception: 14

[X] Executioner's Call
			[ ] Words of Bravery

Ongoing:
Reliable Man: +2 attack, +3 speed
Rune of Destruction: Allies gain +1 to attack rolls against enemies adjacent to me.

Passives:

A Bug fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jul 29, 2017

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
Capo Kappo

Kappo's shoulders slumped as Memento asked about healing. "Sorry, I don't have any food left. I'm even out of the basic elements of food." having used up even the last of the tarragon and soy sauce he had when facing the devious gankers. He continued down the hallway as their ninja made swift work of the first trap, keeping his wicked chef's knife at the ready.

Move: to -BM35
Ready Action: Using Word of Exchange (Destruction) if any enemy comes up in my melee range.

Rune of Destruction state: Allies gain +1 to attack rolls against enemies adjacent to me.

pre:
Kappo   						 
HP: 25/34		AC:	20	Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 5/8 (V: 8)	For:	18	Passive Perception: 14

[X] Executioner's Call
			[ ] Words of Bravery

Ongoing:
Reliable Man: +2 attack
Rune of Destruction: Allies gain +1 to attack rolls against enemies adjacent to me.

Passives:

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
(Phoneposting just to get my move in, double-running as far as I can toward the chest. Hard to count spaces on this screen)

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
Capo Kappo

Kappo stepped forward once out of the treasure room, looking around briefly to get his bearings. "We didn't die? I'm not complaining but I definitely wasn't expecting that." he says softly to his groupmates, then takes a deep breath as the rest of his group spoke with Miyuki. His way with words hadn't exactly calmed Princess down and he doubted this time would be much better.

Using a healing surge, up to 33/34hp

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
Capo Kappo

Kappo steeled himself for a fight and (probably) a wipe; even with Miyuki and Takamura with them, there were still a lot of enemies and he was running on empty. He mustered up what he could though and gave a clang of his skillet against his knife only for everything to get all wonky as Princess disconnects. "Oh geez... we made it?" he says to no one in particular.

Tatsumi

Tatsumi couldn't help but fidget in his seat as he overheard the stern mother over the voice chat. He had to get to bed soon too or he'd be facing a similar fate. He accepted the guild request and friend request, though didn't send any of his own out. After a quick sip of water he scans over the loot before selecting the Mask of the Dancing Sprite and adding it to his inventory. He also accessed the list of Personas as the encounter was over and selected the Pixie persona and made a mental note to take better care of it than he had his floating ketchup drop. He made his way to the necroforge and dipped the mask in, only to withdraw a white pleated headband which he quickly ties. It wasn't anything ostentatious, but it would do the job of keeping hair out of food if this were a real cooking environment.

"Geez, I'm gonna have to Bing more stuff about this game... I would've got stomped if it wasn't for you all. But thanks for showing us the ropes. I'll ummm see you guys online later. I need to get to bed too." and waited a moment or two to acknowledge any replies before signing off.

He gave a sigh as he took off his headset and his eyes squinted to get used to the difference in lighting. He noticed a peculiar bit of staticky tingle, but he shrugged it off as eye fatigue as he stood and made his way to the door and peeked out to see if his grandmother was still awake. If she was, he wished her a simple "Good night" before turning off the light to get some sleep himself.

------

Tatsumi

Tatsumi rolled and rocked side to side in bed as he experienced the dream. It was pleasant and as the first rays of sun began to come in through the gaps in his bedroom blinds his eyes shut tighter. Yet dreams and determination were no match for Granny Tsuroko as she pulled the shade open and flooded the room with light. He sits up a bit, bags under his eyes and hair disheveled. "I'm awake, I'm awake!" and rubs his eyes as he got properly woke up and got ready for the day.

He happily ate the bountiful breakfast, putting away more food than a boy his size would suggest. Then again it probably wasn't unusual for the bottomless pit otherwise known as a teenage boy's appetite. Since Grandma had cooked, he handled washing the dishes. He made sure to thank his grandmother and considered looking up a bit of DDW info before school until she suggested he arrive early. It was a bit of a cultural difference, back in the states they didn't do that but there was a part of him that appreciated the cleanliness. "Oh, of course! Thank you for breakfast." and gave her a hug before starting the walk to school.

His stroll to school was interrupted as he heard the yelling and looks over to the scene, then tenses up as the chef addresses him. Dang, caught looking. He gulps a bit before taking a step closer. "Well, I can't really work lunch rushes either, I have to get to school." as the wheels in his mind began turning a bit. He had come here to improve his cooking, and it would be a shame to let an opportunity go to waste. "But if you need any help in the back then I can lend a hand." meanwhile taking out his phone and setting a quick reminder so he'd have plenty of time to make it. Though he wouldn't be arriving early enough to sweep any floors.

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
Tatsumi

Tatsumi worked through the bags of onions at an average pace. It was fairly apparent he'd handled a knife more than the average schlub off the street, but he was hardly a natural talent or shining star in the kitchen. Still, his productivity picked up substantially after the first few onions he broke down especially when he realized what the brusque chef was doing when he didn't go all the way through on the first cut.

A bit of pocket change and experience made the time worthwhile, and he arrived with just enough time to get his seat and get situated before the bell. He listened as Mr. Matsubara took attendance and raised his hand with a "Here." at being called. He shifted slightly in his seat, not quite sure as to whether he was supposed to stand or give the full introduction or just acknowledge that he was present.

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
Tatsumi

He was a bit impressed and surprised with the options available for lunch. Though for one wanting to nurture his palate there was the faintest bit of longing for the suspect cardboard-and-cheese that passed for pizza in American cafeterias. He got himself a tray with some rice and brown curry filled with indeterminate chunks of veggie and what was probably beef, along with a little carton of milk and a slice of honeydew melon as dessert.

Tatsumi reacted with a "Bless you" out of pure reflex at hearing the sneeze. He glances over at Noriko and gives an absent blink at the question. "Well yes, but how could you tell?" he had washed his hands after all, but that didn't help much considering the amount of prep work he did; it was on his clothes as well. His cheeks flushed before the color drained from them and his mind raced with teenage insecurities. Was it that bad? Was he going to be the stinky kid in class? Maybe he could fix things tomorrow.

He couldn't help but feel she was familiar but couldn't quite put his finger on where aside from the fact they were in the same class. "Did umm, you wanna sit down?"

----

When he walked through the door he blushed again at being told he stank. "No it's fine we had gyuudon, Grandma. I probably just spilled some. You don't h-" and like that she was in the kitchen he sighs softly, shoulders slumping even more for his abysmal posture and takes a few steps toward the kitchen. "Can I at least give you a hand?" he asks, though he knew deep down it was an empty gesture and just going through the motions. He remembered when he was 7 (or maybe 8?) and Granny came to visit them in San Fran, despite being a guest she ran his mom and dad out of the kitchen (and most of the house for that matter) not letting them lift a finger or work to the point where she and his mother had nearly got into a screaming match.

After finishing whatever homework he may have he hopped online, first pulling up a Youtube video of knife prepping skills, then looking up how to obtain a new Persona in DDW. Despite things turning out alright part of him felt bad about being the only one to 'die' and lose the Ara Mitama. "Baa-san, I'm going to play for a little bit. Tap me on the shoulder if you need anything?" and began to put on his headset as he logged back into the game to do a bit of farming.

A Bug fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jul 29, 2017

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
Capo Kappo

Kappo replied to the whisper. "Trying to get a support persona I guess." then listens as he went through the motions of how to obtain one. "Cool avatar by the way!" he says, then sets about looking for a persona. He rolled a healer, so he kept an eye out for anything that looked helpful in that regard.Though that didn't seem to be working as well as he'd like. But no matter, he had another idea! The bulky chef drew his frying pan and looked for a suitable spot to make a campfire. Once he had it going he began to withdraw ingredients from his coat and start to pan-fry them... some veggies, dried herbs, a few nuts and berries to make an aromatic warm salad. Though come to think of it, he had no idea what personas actually ate...

Heal: Cooking: 1d20+10 = 15
Diplomacy: Friend Request: 1d20+1 = 3 whomp whomp

----------------------

Tatsumi

Tatsumi opted for an early bedtime this evening. He brushed his teeth, said his goodnights, then got ready for bed before settling in. After all, he had school tomorrow and Granny would probably ensure he was up promptly at A Quarter Til Early.

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
Capo Kappo

"A catgirl? You gotta be kitten me!" he blurts out without even thinking, followed by his shoulders tensing up as she bristles and berates him. Oh geez, why did he do that? He looks at Tadpole, then back to the lady. "I'm sorry, I don't know what I was thinking. That just came meowt." not even realizing the slip he made. "Let me make it up to you. It doesn't look like there's a restaurant or anything around here right?" and then got to work... breaking down the various vegetables he had handy. He tried to be a little more showy of it rather than usual. Live cooking could be entertaining when done right, and he did his best to make it look good as he chopped through his ingredients and tossed them into the skillet, whipping up a ratatouille. He did his best to make it look like that Pixar movie his mom watched all the time, but it came out a lot... chunkier than he anticipated.

Athletics to flashily break down veggies and show off knife skills: 1d20+11 = 15

Tatsumi

Finding himself in the Velvet Room he looks to Igor and sits back. "Tea? Oh umm thanks. But didn't we already do this part?" he asaks as he accepts the cup, then sips... finding the hand much more slender than it was last time in the game world.

"Color of my soul? Is this like a zen thing? I don't know much about Buddhism and all that.." trailing off as he took out the cards. He had seen tarots before, some of the spooky goth kids at his old school were into them, but he never really hung out with them or knew much past that. He listens to each explanation, and his face paled slightly at the mention of authority and acceptance and simplicity. He reached out and paused as he considered between the two remaining cards. He then reached out, taking hold of the middle one and lifting it off the table a couple inches to look at the art upon it.

"Well, the cook may always have enough to eat, but that only makes a difference if all I want to do is eat, huh?" and takes a deep breath in one moment of final hesitation before settling on his choice. "God may have given us food, but the Devil makes the spices."

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
Tatsumi

Tatsumi rose early in the morning after the particularly vivid dream. Wow that was weird. Maybe he shouldn't play that game so much, it was starting to mess with his head. He rolled out of bed and onto his feet, taking a cursory glance around to make sure he really was in his own room. It was odd, he could almost taste the lingering flavor of tea on his tongue. Or maybe he was just thirsty. He got dressed and made his way into the kitchen to rustle up some breakfast. Some yogurt would be nice, though if Granny had prepared breakfast he'd of course have that instead. After eating he went through the usual morning routine before heading out earlier. "I'll see you after school Baa-san!" he says before giving his grandma a hug and making his way to school early. Though he did stop at the restaurant he was in earlier and walked in. If the gruff chef that had given him work yesterday was at the counter he made his way over and ask if he needed another set of hands for an hour or two. Preferably something with less onions? If he wasn't at the counter then he'd take a few moments to watch the flow of the restaurant.

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
Tatsumi

Tatsu practically beamed with cheer at being called the 'favorite kid' though he didn't let it linger long as the chef puts down the rhubarbs. "Oui, chef!" he says in mimicking of the shows about french brigade-style kitchens he'd seen, then gulps as he realized how dumb that sounded. "Err, right away!" in Japanese before quickly getting ready. Hands were washed, gloves were put on, and hairnet was worn before he started to break down the fibrous veggies. Truth be told he had no idea what they were even used for aside from strawberry-rhubarb pie, and at that point why not just do a strawberry pie? If service was slow he'd pose that same question to the bossman before leaving, otherwise he just collected his earnings with a wave and a "Thank you!" before washing his hands and heading to school.

-----------------

A Bug fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jul 29, 2017

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
Tatsumi

Tatsumi sat through the morning session of class, diligently taking notes and doing his best to keep up. He had recognized Ryuka's voice from DDW and saw the little exchange between the two girls and her cohorts... wasn't it a bit early for cliquey drama? He shrugged to himself though and didn't dwell on it as the teacher arrived and began his spiel about 'If you're on time, you're late.' He was pretty sure he heard his dad say something similar to his staff at the restaurant and was expecting the follow-up 'If you've got time to lean, you've got time to clean.' He did his best to keep up during lessons, diligently taking notes and following along with the coursework as best he could.

At lunch he got himself another school-prepped meal that beat the cafeteria fare back in the states, then looks around. Though he didn't make eye contact he did see Ryuka at one of the tables and made his way over, giving a slight smile and a little wave. He knew her voice from DDW, and even if they hadn't been properly introduced he at least knew her name from roll call. "Hey, Ryuka right? How's it going?" and also looked to Hiroko and Mutsumi and giving a polite (if unintentionally bland) "Hi."

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
Tatsumi

Tatsumi gulped and gave a nervous little rocking to and fro on his feet at being called Onion-kun, but tried his best to keep his smile. He shakes his head a bit at the question. "Well no, aside from us being in the same class. I'm Tatsumi. Tatsumi Sato. Though I guess Tatsu is also ok." he says then glances to Ryuka. "Anyway I ummm just wanted to say hi and thank you for your help the other night. Sorry I'm still kinda bad and getting the hang of things. Also kinda funny that so many of our group go to the same school... I haven't got a chance to talk to Felix or the dude playing the dog-guy, but Noriko's pretty nice." He glanced briefly at the seats at the table, but things were awkward enough already so he gave a little wave with her free hand before walking off to find a space to finish lunch.

--------

Tatsumi

That evening he made plans to log into DDW, though resolved this wouldn't be another all-nighter or get carried away. Last thing he needed was any more weird dreams. He did his homework, had dinner, and finished up any chores he had to do around the house before getting some snacks and water ready. He said goodnight to Granny and put on his headset before logging into the guild hall.

Capo Kappo

"Injustice? You mean like... more ganking dudes?" he asked as he looked around at his teammates to see what kind of turnout there was. He also saw Tadpole was online so sent him a quick message. "Hey man. I'm totally gonna remember your advice and snag the next support persona I see!"

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
Tatsumi

Tatsumi was visibly tense at the mention of his oniony aroma from yesterday, though does relax a bit at Hiroko reassuring him he didn't smell bad today. Or maybe it was a setup. Either way, he took her at face value and gave a smile as he sat at the table though keeping proper distance from the girls. He blinked though at Mutsumi so bluntly mentioning dating any of them and reached back to scratch the back of his head. "Eh? Oh umm whoa no you totally got the wrong idea. I just wanted to say hi. Don't take it the wrong way, but no one here is really my type." and gulps as he then takes a bite of rice. He also gave a friendly little wave to Noriko before looking to Ryuka. "A goddess? Is that like, a local figure of speech?" not having heard anyone seriously refer to themselves as such. "Nice cupcake by the way." he says with genuine sincerity and not a trace of sarcasm while tearing off a little piece of melon pan.

----------

Capo Kappo

Kappo listened intently to the story followed by a soft 'dang' as Ataraxia finished up her tale. "That's just cold. At least a ganking they're honest about it. I don't know how much help I'll be, but I'm in." and took a moment to check his inventory and make sure he was prepared as can be. "So what if they're back, do you think they'll want a fight, or just let us do our thing?"

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
Tatsumi

Tatsu rubbed his head a little and then his eyes, stifling a yawn as he sat up out of bed. He looked out the window and knew it was raining even before seeing it thanks to the calming sound of raindrops on the roof and streets. Too bad it was a schoolday, this would be perfect inside weather for a day off. He got dressed and made his way to the kitchen, wishing Granny a 'good morning' if she was up and about. He went through his morning routine as usual, though rather than leaving early he decided to stay in a bit. Hopefully the rain would clear, and it gave him the opportunity to catch up on his studies or review his homework before making the walk to school.

----------------------

Capo Kappo

Kappo gripped his knife and skillet tight as he surveys the ruins and took note of the opposing groups. He learned his lesson (hopefully) from last time and kept patient, instead opening up a quick message to Tadpole.

"Hey man, we're doing an Ancient Ruins run. You ever been there before or have any advice? Or if you're not doing anything would you wanna Overseer?"

pre:
Kappo   						 
HP: 44/44		AC:	21	Passive Insight: 20
Surges: 8/8 (V: 11)	For:	19	Passive Perception: 20
Initiative: +5		Ref:	17	Action Points: 1
Charm: 0		Courage:	0	Academics: 1

[ ] Executioner's Call		[ ] Rune of the Ember of Wrath
			[ ] Words of Bravery		[ ] Strangling Shadow

Passives:
Resilient Focus: +2 to saving throws.
Arcana Focus: +1 Attack per Tier to Fortune Actions made with Persona

Ongoing:
Killing Blow: (Brackish_Gaijin Overseer) Damage dealt to Enemies that reduces them to 5 HP or less instantly reduces them to 0 HP instead!

[b]Persona:
[b]Fortune Points: 2
Pixie (Lovers)
Bufu (vs Fortitude. Range 5. Deals 1d4+1 Cold Damage to one target.)
Dia (Range 5. Consume Healing Surge on target to restore 5 HP)
Weakness: Fire

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
Tatsumi

Tstsumi sat through morning classes, working dilligently and doing his best to keep up. At lunch he got himself a quick simple meal, sitting alone to eat. He'd politely greet anyone he recognized if nearby, but after finishing lunch he went for a welk. If it were still raining he'd stay indoors, trying to find a quiet spot to listen to the rain and maybe watch it fall out the window. If the weather had cleared then he'd take a leisurely stroll around to enjoy the fresh air and the scent of freshly-fallen rain. A little de-stressing would be good.

-------------

Capo Kappo

Hoping to avoid being the sole one charging ahead and being pummeled like last time, Kappo instead waited. And waited, and waited as his group stood still. He keyed up his mic, likely about to ask when they should go only for Ataraxia to first. He followed along though his reactions were a bit slow, allowing the gang to get in a couple hits on the ant-warrior. He swung his chef's knife at the nearest target; a hulking whale chap, yet it was only a grazing blow unable to make anything more than a scratch against the muscle and blubber.

Move: to Q22
Standard: Word of Exchange vs AC against Palooka and missing.

Rune of Protection state: Adjacent Allies gain +2 resist all.

pre:
Kappo   						 
HP: 44/44		AC:	21	Passive Insight: 20

Passives:

Ongoing:
Killing Blow: (Brackish_Gaijin Overseer) Damage dealt to Enemies that reduces them to 5 HP or less instantly reduces them to 0 HP instead!
Rune of Protection: Adjacent Allies gain +2 resist all.

Persona:
Pixie (Lovers)

Charm: *
Courage: *
Academics: **

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
Tatsumi

Tatsumi seemed to be in better spirits after taking a chance to unwind. He finished his homework and made his way into the kitchen. If Granny was there he'd ask if she needed a hand with dinner. He knew she likely wouldn't let him do most of the cooking, but it was a chance to learn. If she wasn't there or if she agreed then he'd take a look in the fridge, seeing what there was to work with to fix up a simple dinner for the two of them. If rebuffed then he'd return to his room to watch Youtube videos until it was time to eat.

After dinner he went online, bouncing around between a few different websites including a wiki about DDW RP and RP in MMOs in general. He heard Ryuka talk about it in game, but he wasn't familiar with the notion of it. He then hesitated before heading to the DDW message boards and running a search for any threads about the game giving people strange dreams. Though the same odd dreams he had before prevented him from actually logging into the game tonight.

Capo Kappo

Minor: Shield of Sacrifice. .attak loses a healing surge. Myself and Memento-Mori gain HP as though we each spent a healing surge. All 3 involved gain +5 power bonus to AC UEONT.
Standard: Word of Diminishment (Destruction) vs AC against Palooka for 7 physical damage. Palooka has vulnerable 2 to all damage and vulnerable 5 against OAs UEOMNT.
Move: Shift to R21

Rune of Destruction: Allies gain +1 bonus to attack rolls against enemies adjacent to me.

pre:
Kappo   						 
HP: 32/44		AC:	26	Passive Insight: 20

Passives:

Ongoing:
Rune of Destruction: Allies gain +1 bonus to attack rolls against enemies adjacent to me.

Persona:
Pixie (Lovers)

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
Capo Kappo

[Group] "How are you two doing over there? You're out of healing range, but I'll try to get over there as quick as I can!" me says to Lyth and Flagelo.

Beads of sweat began to appear and trickle down the sides of his face from the proximity to the combustible canine. He didn't take any damage of course (well not from that anyway, there was plenty of other damage to go around) from it, but a cosmetic 'TOASTY!' debuff would appear on his tray. Kappo gave an audible little grump through his headset. "Heh, whoever heard of a chef being bothered by the heat?" though his persona was right there to help, the image of the helpful pixie appearing to blow a bit of cooling air to help him. Maybe a fire weakness was a bad thematic choice?

"And who ever heard of a chef taking guff from the ingredients?" he says over area chat as he swung his knife at Sonny Jim, carving off a perfectly-trimmed salmon filet directly into the skillet. Of course Jim wasn't a salmon and he didn't actually remove any pieces from his opponent's avatar. He then stepped away to work on his dish, tossing in a bit of milk and spices and herbs for a bit of salmon au lait.

(Palooka should take 4 extra damage between Mori and Attak's attacks thanks to vulnerability from my Word of Diminishment and down even without the overseer buff. But I'm very bad at numbers this early in the morning.)
Minor: Rune of Mending (Destruction) on self. Spend a healing surge. Myself and all allies within 5 squares gain a +2 power bonus to damage rolls UEOMNT.
Standard: Word of Exchange (Destruction) vs AC against Jim for 7 damage! Next attack against him from one of my allies deals 3 extra damage and grants that ally +3 THP
Move: Shift to S22
Fortune: Bufu on self. Spend a healing surge for 5hp.
BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE
Free: Conjuring wisp from Mask of the Dancing Sprite at S25
Move (Wisp): Fly to S29

pre:
Kappo   						 
HP: 24/44 (THP: 15)	AC:	21	Passive Insight: 20
Surges: 6/8 (V: 11)	For:	19	Passive Perception: 20

[ ] Heroic Effort		[ ] Rune of the Ember of Wrath
			[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Strangling Shadow
			[ ] Executioner's Call		
			[ ] Words of Bravery		

Item Powers:
Sunblade Longsword: 			(Free/At Will) Change weapon damage type to radiant
Sunblade Longsword: [ ]			(Standard/Daily) Close burst 1; vs enemies; Str vs Ref for 1d8 radiant damage.
Shield of Protection: [ ]		(Standard/Daily) Myself and an adjacent ally gain resist 10 all damage UEOMNT.
Mask of the Dancing Sprite: [ ]		(Free/Daily) Creates 1/1 + 1/1 Minion Wisp within Range 3. Wisp has Fly 5 and will use one of my At Will Powers once per turn as physical damage. 
					Wisp Powers always deal half damage. Wisp have defenses equal to 10+ 1/2 my level.

Passives:

Ongoing:

Persona:
Pixie (Lovers)

A Bug fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jul 29, 2017

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
Tatsumi

He continued his research, trying a few different search texts and strings, though he held off on actually posting anything for now.

Dungeoneering: 1d20+7=13 Using relaxation buff.
---------------------

Tatsumi

Tatsumi made his way towards the restaurant to check in after his rainy day absence the prior day, yet even as he neared it he heard the brusque chef call out to him. "I was umm kinda falling behind on my classwork." he says as he made his way toward the door. "But if you have anything that needs done today I can help." he says... still a bit nervous but seeming a bit more poised than he usually was.
---------------------

Capo Kappo

As he looked to the defeated Drusilla, Miyuki's earlier words echoed in his head.

[To: .attak] "We should probably help her up. I mean, it's not like she was trying to gank or ambush us, it was a fair fight."

[Say] "Good match. And the whole 'themed group' thing is pretty cool too!" he says before making his way over towards his other groupmates. With a flick of his wrist he sent the salmon in his skillet in a high arc towards Flagelo, then reached into his coat and withdrew a simple white plate. He threw it like a frisbee in a perfect trajectory that would never be possible in real life... the fish lading on the plate about a foot from Flagelo and continuing on to be caught for a healing boost. He kept moving next to their burly opponent and swung his skillet like a tennis racket, though it seemed ineffective. Yet a cloud of sizzling aroma left over from his cooking remained and after a few moments would slam into 2Swole for a blast of aftertaste.

((Disregard the attacks if 2Swole is already down from Lyth's move, but still moving and healing))

Move: to U27
Minor: Rune of Mending (Destruction) on Flagelo. Can spend a healing surge. All allies within 5 squares gain a +2 power bonus to damage rolls UEONT
Standard: Word of Exchange (Protection) vs AC against 2Swole (MISS!)
(Wisp) Move: to U29
(Wisp) Standard: Rune of Exchange (Protection) vs AC against 2Swole (25) for a halved 3 physical damage. 2Swole takes -2 penalty to all defenses UEONT, next ally to hit him gains +3 power bonus to AC

Rune of Protection: All allies adjacent to me gain +2 resist all

A Bug fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jul 29, 2017

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
Tatsumi

Tatsumi rubbed the bridge of his nose as he came up empty. Well, tons of people were playing the game and no one else seemed to be having the issue. Still it was a bit odd. He put on his headset briefly and logged into the game, though not actually heading to a mindscape. Instead he did a /who to see if the character Hawk_Warrior even still existed. If so he sent a quick mail.

'Hey there, you don't know me and I'm not even sure if you're still around. I saw your thread and it was interesting. If you get this, send me a message?' and sends it off with a friend request just in case.

Diplomacy: 1d20+1=18

------------

Tatsumi

"Well yeah, but I am a bit rusty with this stuff still." still dealing with the transition of being immersed in English to Japanese. He was doing alright in school (or at least he felt he was) but in the 'treading water' sense and was self-aware enough to know that could change easily. He was about to speak some more when the man in the suit walked in and smiled as he broke the news. "That's great!" and couldn't help but feel wrapped up in the celebration of the staff before they went into the back room. He nods as he takes the keys. "Got it!" and walks to the back to open up.

"Oh hey! Ummm, in the walk-in is good. So do you work here too, or just do deliveries?" he asks. He seemed familiar enough with the place, but if he needed guidance then Tatsumi would show him back to the walk-in. He'd done this routine at home and wouldn't just oversee the delivery but helping out as well. Once the dolly was at the walk-in he started carrying boxes; putting them with others and trying to shelve the newest product behind the older stuff. First in, first out.

------------

Capo Kappo

Kappo was a bit surprised to find it was one continuous encounter. He felt relieved at saving some of his encounter powers, but also worried about running low on ingredients. Splitting up was risky but it seemed to work out alright. He followed Ataraxia but kept an eye out. "Hey it's cool, we won right? Good job with that buff dude." he says to both Lyth and Flagelo. "Soooo it's kinda safe to assume there's gonna be a lot of traps here?" remembering his lesson from the Necropolis beatdown he'd received and staying behind the ant warrior.

Move: to H-4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
Tatsumi

Tatsu shook Kenta's hand. "Really? I wouldn't have guessed that. But that's good to know, thanks!" and looked over the list to make sure everything was there before signing off on it. He gave the delivery guy a parting wave and then checked the clock, then knocked softly on the office door. "The delivery's all put away in the walk-in, chef. Here's the receipt."

------------

Tatsumi

He sat through homeroom, listening to the new guy introduce himself to the class. When he made his way back to his desk Tatsumi gave a little nod of acknowledgment before focusing on whatever the day's lessons were.

Tatsumi walked out of homeroom, letting out the faintest hint of a sigh when he came out the door. Whether if was relief or dejection was anyone's guess. He started to head towards the lunch room only to find himself addressed by Hittori. He took a look around, making sure she was really addressing him. Any chance he may have had to decline or question the nickname was blunted as he was brought to the table with the others. "Our style?" he asks, obviously confused. Despite not trying to, Sato figured he just blended in with the background. "But ummm thanks for the invite. It's nice to meet you all. I'm Tatsumi Sato. Or just Tatsu for short." at least the name was easier to blend in with than in California.

"I got the latest issue but I haven't read it yet, I'm still a couple chapters behind and trying to get caught up."

------------

Capo Kappo

Kappo followed along, keeping his skillet raised up near the side of his head in case he needed to shield himself from any flying darts or arrows or other nastiness. He watches Lyth scamper ahead and nearly get blasted only to be saved by her shortness. "Hey, slow down! There's gotta be more traps. I mean, they're not just gonna make only one and hope that did the job, especially not with any enemies around." as he follows after the dragon-bunny down the western hallway, taking his time to look at the walls and floors and ceiling for anything that looked unusual. Though with it all being digital things didn't have to be apparent.

Perception: 1d20+12 = 23