Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Although I don't prefer IPAs, I will drink literally anything to get drunk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

vols bitch posted:

lol if you dont drink any beer put in front of you

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Kitsunegari posted:

I had an IPA in Florida called Jai Alai and it's my new favorite IPA, but I can't get them in the north east.

I'm drinking that right now. It's a good beer to drink while visiting the keys.

I have a huge boner for hops, fight me.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Kitsunegari posted:

:agreed:

I had an IPA in Florida called Jai Alai and it's my new favorite IPA, but I can't get them in the north east.

you're probably in luck because Cigar City recently got bought by Oskar Blues and they should be able to bump up distribution quite a bit

Jai Alai is the bomb and is my go-to beer that is always in my fridge.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

I just bought a little mix box of ~craft(?) beers; there were a couple IPAs, a porter, a lager, a wheat and a pilsner. IDK if this brand is supposed to be that good I don't know anything about beer. I went for the wheat first because the banana clove thing sounded gross and I wanted to get it out of the way and yeah, not for me. I'll be sure to keep everyone updated.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Ratios and Tendency posted:

I just bought a little mix box of ~craft(?) beers; there were a couple IPAs, a porter, a lager, a wheat and a pilsner. IDK if this brand is supposed to be that good I don't know anything about beer. I went for the wheat first because the banana clove thing sounded gross and I wanted to get it out of the way and yeah, not for me. I'll be sure to keep everyone updated.

save the obviously poo poo beer in the pack as number 4

naem
May 29, 2011

These two were both really good out of a sampler 12 pack and id like to drink them all the time only guess what, I've never seen a 6 pack of them ever thanks Sierra Nevada

Kekeke!
Nov 5, 2003

"Jesus christ man where did all these koreans come from!"
I like IPA's a lot but i usually can't drink more than two. The strength of the hops gets a little overwhelming after two. American pales are my poo poo though. Yeah its a big brand these days but Sierra Nevada's pale is a standard for good reason. I rarely get their Torpedo IPA by comparison.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

kazr posted:

save the obviously poo poo beer in the pack as number 4

What's your reasoning. I haven't got a set order yet but I'm thinking I might save the porter.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

City of Tampa posted:

Not to mention that there is no reason whatsoever to drink imported beers anymore, you live in the best beer country and we make all of the greatest beer right here

Wait, how do you know where I live? *checks room for hidden cameras* *panicks* Oh god oh god oh god hide the evidence!

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

there's a few really good local IPAs here in DC and that's what I like drinking so frig off

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013

Happy Hedonist posted:

I'm drinking that right now. It's a good beer to drink while visiting the keys.

I have a huge boner for hops, fight me.

Absolutely, first had it down in Disney myself. I had an APA called Reef Donkey down there too, you'd probably like that my dude

City of Tampa posted:

you're probably in luck because Cigar City recently got bought by Oskar Blues and they should be able to bump up distribution quite a bit

Jai Alai is the bomb and is my go-to beer that is always in my fridge.

:cheers: Thank you this information made my day.

Do you think if I email them enough they'll distribute in NJ

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Add IPAs to the list of things that are evidence of bad taste

1. Neck tattoos
2. Twitter accounts
3. Ear gauges
4. IPAs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Day 2 report:

Pilsner was pretty good. Dry and prominent hop flavour. Nice but my standard beer is a decent pilsner that's cheaper.

Lager was disappointing. I couldn't tell much difference between this and any other basic beer.

Just the IPAs and Porters left.

• Locked thread