Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Work; the thing we do in exchange for money. Sometimes work can be fun. Do you have fun at work? Sometimes work can be fulfilling. Is your job fulfilling?

However, there is one thing that usually makes or breaks the enjoyment of your occupation; other people.

Nine times out of ten the other people you meet at your job are terrible and suck any enjoyment out of the room.

Is Cheryl from HR a bitch? How so? Is Greg always unreliable? How come? Did Pat screw you over to look good in front of the boss? Did you get revenge?

Please share stories of how the grown, mature adults you work with can act like the most churlish of children and perhaps together we can come to a greater understanding of the human condition.
:munch:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I am the boss of my office and I foster a crew with high morale and they better have my coffee made in the morning and my trash taken out at night. I have a swivel mount shotgun under my desk. No drama at all ( no women either).

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
There's this guy who I told I was going for a job interview, and he immediately cracked a beer and congratulated me for getting the job. I never got called back so now I have to murder him

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
First godamn post too

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
I really really like and enjoy my job and I work with intelligent, driven and likable colleagues.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
True story: an autistic guy played with his poo poo and made a fingerpaint masterpiece on his bedroom floor and I made a 70 year old lady clean it up

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Haha and guess what: I work from home as a retard masturbator

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I got promoted to management and hate it and wish I kept my old job. Humans are the worst. I should've became a pet groomer.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Kuato posted:

I got promoted to management and hate it and wish I kept my old job. Humans are the worst. I should've became a pet groomer.

Please elaborate, Kuato

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
He's assistant manager at petco

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
I wish I was assistant manager at petco

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

drat thats a cool dog

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Do you really want to work at a place with "oops stations" for when animals come in and poo poo everywhere?

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries
Here's my recent workplace drama. This is as bad as it gets around here, pretty nice place to work

HR Person posted:

REDACTED – it has come to our attention that on many occasions in the last few weeks, an employee has gone to one of our 4 refrigerators to grab his/her personal food only to discover that his/her food has been taken. On a few of these occasions, the food was half eaten and put back in the refrigerator. Unfortunately, this behavior does not support our REDACTED value of Integrity. Please respect your fellow colleagues and their property.

Thank you. ~ Corporate Services

Some poor sap posted:

Sorry about that. Won’t do it again.

Big BossMan posted:

All-I find it unfortunate enough that REDACTED had to send this email in the first place. It is equally unfortunate that the response below was an attempt at a joke by someone who used a colleague’s computer when that colleague left their desk. That type of conduct is not permitted.

I’ll also use this as an opportunity to remind everyone of the requirement to lock, or logoff of, workstations, systems and other applications before leaving them unattended.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
lmbo

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Mr. Wednesday posted:

Here's my recent workplace drama. This is as bad as it gets around here, pretty nice place to work

HAha congratulations on your job in Hell

Grandma Panic!
Nov 4, 2006
she called me a dick, i called her a oval office. Apparently one is worse than the other? :shrug:

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries

Minimalist Program posted:

HAha congratulations on your job in Hell

The main reason it's so nice is that all my teammates have moved elsewhere so noone gives a poo poo if I work from home 80% of the time

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I don't know, i don't really talk to anyone here.

i guess some people don't like each other? Everyone in the department next to me talks poo poo about whatever person gets up and leaves almost immediately.

Borden
Jul 23, 2008

I tried to ask my supervisor a question today so I opened the white board in Lync and started drawing a picture of a cat asking the question and he shut down the whiteboard and I couldn't finish the picture.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My coworkers are annoying
Feels good to vent

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Please share stories, soccer10

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
we had one guy who was kind of a downer but he left so its all good. apart from cheryl and greg, and that bitch pat

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

Something I've observed in every place I've worked is that the less that a tier of employees is getting paid and the less room for advancement there is in the position, the more bitchy and backstabby they will be toward each other. Real Housewives has nothing on call center hens.

loinburger
Jul 10, 2004
Sweet Sauce Jones
At a previous job they "ran out of money" so they stopped paying everybody except for upper management - they didn't lay us off, they just wanted us to work for free. Fortunately the CEO was rich so we were all able to sue him for back pay.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

loinburger posted:

At a previous job they "ran out of money" so they stopped paying everybody except for upper management - they didn't lay us off, they just wanted us to work for free. Fortunately the CEO was rich so we were all able to sue him for back pay.

Silicone Valley start up?

loinburger
Jul 10, 2004
Sweet Sauce Jones
Yup

That was the first and probably the last startup I'll work for

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Did you at least get hammocks?

loinburger
Jul 10, 2004
Sweet Sauce Jones
I worked remotely, so yes

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Nice!

loinburger
Jul 10, 2004
Sweet Sauce Jones
All of the front-end developers had those standing desks, because they were health-conscious and masochistic

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I was gonna ask what you were trying to disrupt but I can only imagine it was something completely moronic

loinburger
Jul 10, 2004
Sweet Sauce Jones
We were going to be like Facebook, except with a focus on sports and no plan to monetize our poo poo

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I was gonna ask what you were trying to disrupt but I can only imagine it was something completely moronic

Where do you work and what do you do, hector.

Healthy Nut Snack
Mar 23, 2016
What's the etiquette on cucking coworkers? This guy I work with keeps badgering me about boning his wife, but I've been putting it off because I don't want this to blow up in my face, and next thing I know I'm sitting in the conference room with HR.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

im the guy who cleans out the closed quiznos for the copper wire

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Minimalist Program posted:

Where do you work and what do you do, hector.

Freelance videographer

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Healthy Nut Snack posted:

What's the etiquette on cucking coworkers? This guy I work with keeps badgering me about boning his wife, but I've been putting it off because I don't want this to blow up in my face, and next thing I know I'm sitting in the conference room with HR.

find a notary you dingus

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

if he cared about you agreeing to bone his wife he would understand why you wanted it in writing and framed on your cubicle wall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

Let me tell you about a certain coworker of mine named Ray, who was a dim witted, drunken rear end in a top hat from philly.

-Claimed to have been to Spain, but he was hammered the entire time so he didn't remember any of it.

-Claimed to be able to "sober up" by simply doing pushups and splashing his face with water. Later openly admitted to drinking in the morning before coming into to work.

-Knocked over a couple filing cabinets by doing arm exercises off of them. When confronted with what he had done his response was "I thought that would happen, I shouldn't have supermaned it."

-Randomly mentioned he threw out it his back loving a fat chick.

-Stated that sometimes he thought he could see the future, but at the same time kind of doubted it because one time he crashed his bike into the side of a bus as it was making a corner.

-Had another bike accident in which he ran over someone. The guy was hospitalized, but Ray said it only happened because the guy was a fag.

-Would eat yogurt mixed with onion, garlic, and various spices .

-Also thought the yogurt dish along with greek salads were appropriate car food.

-Would loudly slurp down fruit punch from a gallon container, head tilted back, as you drove down the interstate.

-Once ray was walking outside while the birds were singing. He loudly exclaimed. "shut up birds". The birds immediately silenced themselves and ray happily stated "I like obedient birds" .

-Decided that urinating in an open field directly across from a shopping center, whilst standing next to a company vehicle complete with logo, was a wiser idea than waiting five minutes and using the restroom at the next jobsite.

-Again refused to wait till arriving at jobsite to use restroom. Without prior warning he jumped out of the vehicle while waiting at a railroad crossing and ran to a nearby burger king.

-Claimed he only wrecked his car, because after doing so many pushups the previous day, his arms were too tired to turn the wheel,

-While waiting for security clearance inside a sky scrapper loading dock, Ray thought it would perfectly fine to talk about terrorism and that security wouldn't mind if he cracked open his hard boiled eggs on the edge of their desks.

• Locked thread