Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
jokes on you op, i can sleep soundly

I'm gonna die from heart failure or diabetes like a real fatass not this pussy dying in your sleep bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Garcin posted:

you'll fight the exhale and it may feel like drowning, but that positive pressure keeps your airway open

takes a week or so to get used to

I actually have a ton of trouble with my mask even after over two years of using it. I toss and turn like a motherfucker at night, so I have to have the strap/harness thing that keeps my mask attached to my head really tight. I often wake up at night because one of them have come loose and air is escaping. I wish I didn't sleep like a retarded person.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
I know a girl with sleep apnea. Susan if youre reading this your disability is bullshit and if you can play WoW for 8 hours a day you can work at a real job.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Philosopher King posted:

I know a girl with sleep apnea. Susan if youre reading this your disability is bullshit and if you can play WoW for 8 hours a day you can work at a real job.

Tits or get out.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
where can I buy a pain amplifier like the one the navigators guild threatened the emporer with in dune

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

JiveHonky posted:

where can I buy a pain amplifier like the one the navigators guild threatened the emporer with in dune

jump off your roof. It will have the same effect

Or join ecw

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
i snore when on my back due to my freakish tongue. it's only slightly clamshelled in the front but its long as a motherfucker.

my wife routinely shoves my face to the side when it wakes her up. this wakes me up only i dont know its because an angry woman walloped me.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

ManDingo posted:

You guys should hear about this one weird trick to not die in your sleep.

You can breathe through your nose.

Doctor's hate me.

Yeah, wtf is all this tongue bullshit. Breathe through your nose and don't snore like a normal human.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
We should alert people who are choking on food to just breathe through their nose.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

We should alert people who are choking on food to just breathe through their nose.

goddam they are dumb

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

My tongue is just too big (wide); my jaw/mouth is normal. Though my doctor said people with "crowded teeth" (on the lower set of teeth) can have it too (it is usually a sign of a small mouth).

It also happens if you grind your teeth in your sleep. Dentist told me I have that problem. He asked me if my lifestyle changed. I told him, I've always been salty.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Is that why they call you salty Josh

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost
My friends started calling me that. Guess it just stuck.

I feel bad for apnea sufferers though. Alot of times it can be traced back to obesity but falling asleep at the wheel of the vehicle is really dangerous.

Also, looking tired as gently caress all the time really gets old.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I have sleep apnea, but am not and have never been obese. Apparently it just runs in my family. Also, my nose has been broken. More than once. Not sure if that has any effect on anything, though.

I'm quite happy with my CPAP machine, and I no longer snore thanks to it.

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000

Node posted:

I actually have a ton of trouble with my mask even after over two years of using it. I toss and turn like a motherfucker at night, so I have to have the strap/harness thing that keeps my mask attached to my head really tight. I often wake up at night because one of them have come loose and air is escaping. I wish I didn't sleep like a retarded person.

Hmm. I used to toss and turn but it was just because I needed to get on my side to breathe. The left side.

I have to adjust the straps so I have a decent seal, but I am never fighting with them. And I am going with a lot of pressure. The left side of my nasal passage pretty much doesn't exist.

Good idea to talk to your doctor about it, or if you can't you can try different masks from amazon or something. And if you are trying a full-face mask you are doing the absolutely wrong thing.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Garcin posted:

Hmm. I used to toss and turn but it was just because I needed to get on my side to breathe. The left side.

I have to adjust the straps so I have a decent seal, but I am never fighting with them. And I am going with a lot of pressure. The left side of my nasal passage pretty much doesn't exist.

Good idea to talk to your doctor about it, or if you can't you can try different masks from amazon or something. And if you are trying a full-face mask you are doing the absolutely wrong thing.

I have just the nose mask and changed to the Swift FX headstrap thing and it's been great - hardly ever slips and is nicely adjustable. I also move a lot in my sleep apparently, and this mask stays with me quite well.

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I have just the nose mask and changed to the Swift FX headstrap thing and it's been great - hardly ever slips and is nicely adjustable. I also move a lot in my sleep apparently, and this mask stays with me quite well.

Awesome. We are pretty much the amazon review team for sleep apnea masks without the lack of iq and corporate bullshit.

Sleep should be a beautiful thing. Having an impeller and a mask shoving air down your throat makes it happen. 10 cheers for technology!

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Garcin posted:

The full face mask sounded terrifying, and I am a MOUTH BREATHING RETARD while I sleep so I have to have a mask that covers my nose and mouth. I kept asking the person who handles my cpap stuff about how to make the mask stay in place since I toss and turn so much and she just told me "Well, try not to toss and turn in bed." I told her in polite terms that that was a stupid thing to say but she just shrugged it off.

Ok bitch. While I'm at it, I'll try not having sleep apnea too.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
"Hello! I am so fat that I can't sleep and breathe at the same time. Two of a human being's most basic bodily functions are impossible for me to do at the same time because I can't bring myself to order a Diet Coke and only one apple pie at McDonald's. There really isn't a very good reason for me to exist."

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Horniest Manticore posted:

"Hello! I am so fat that I can't sleep and breathe at the same time. Two of a human being's most basic bodily functions are impossible for me to do at the same time because I can't bring myself to order a Diet Coke and only one apple pie at McDonald's. There really isn't a very good reason for me to exist."

I'm 5'11" and 172 pounds, so in my case I think it is just that I am too stupid to sleep and breathe at the same time.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Nap Ghost

Horniest Manticore posted:

drat. Got real.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I'm 5'11" and 172 pounds, so in my case I think it is just that I am too stupid to sleep and breathe at the same time.

Now he has to find a picture of a retarded person with a CPAP.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Salty Josh posted:

drat. Got real.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Nap Ghost

Yeah... I told my friends if I ever got that big - big enough that is where I could not satisfy a woman anymore, they had my expressed consent to kill me.

I also told them that in that case my body would be too big for a casket and most likely too drat heavy to carry to the grave, therefore it would be much more prudent for them to set me on a brush pile and burn me up.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

I'm pretty sure I have this because I too have a case of retard tongue and I snore and am constantly exhausted but my insurance won't cover a study :smith:

On a scale of acceptably stupid to don't ever do this dipshit, how stupid would it be for me to just buy one of them auto-adjusting machines off ebay and wing it myself???

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

pizza has cost him his strenght

victory has defeated...uhhhh ... moo

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

I'm pretty sure I have this because I too have a case of retard tongue and I snore and am constantly exhausted but my insurance won't cover a study :smith:

On a scale of acceptably stupid to don't ever do this dipshit, how stupid would it be for me to just buy one of them auto-adjusting machines off ebay and wing it myself???

https://www.amazon.com/Pro-Adjustable-Night-Bruxism-Mouthpiece/dp/B00F4AO8GI

Just buy that. I am like 92% positive it will cure it for you. You can e-mail me a beer as thanks when it works!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

pay for it. it'll change your life. just look at how happy that fat guy is

• Locked thread