Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I ordered through Cdkeys after I had a good experience buying through them for DXMD. Do you suppose I'll still get the game on the 10th or will there be some kind of delay? I haven't seen anything do a day early bonus before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Unlucky7 posted:

I need to play through the Duad campaigns, but the one monologue he had in the beginning basically fixes all the problems I had with the character in the main campaign.

In the main campaign, he is basically "I killed the Empress, but I feel really bad about it", and not too much else. In the opening of his campaign, his monologue establishes WHY he killed the Empress: He simply saw her as another corrupt politician that would be replaced by someone like her, and nothing would really change. Needless to say, he was very wrong on both accounts, Dunwall becomes more of a shithole, and he is acutely aware that he is responsible.
I'm excited that Delilah is apparently the main antagonist after somehow escaping the void. She's a more interesting villain than either group of conspirators from the main game.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I'm running on a 960 and it runs pretty well with the mediumish settings that it automatically set. Plus I turned off v-sync. Hopefully they patch things and I can turn the settings up a bit.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The heart is a little funny this time around. According to it everyone on the dock is essentially a murderer.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

CharlestonJew posted:

literally every single person I've used the heart on is Mega Hitler

"This guy likes eating food in front of homeless people it makes him feel sooooooo good"
"He's working on victim #8 right now look at him go!"
"This guy's a decent, hardworking dude

HE'S WAITING FOR THE FUGUE FEAST SO HE CAN RAPE AND KILL EVERYONE"
"THIS LADY MURDERED A DOG!"

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I think it's a little stupid that the infested count as a civilian kill. They attack you on sight and it's basically a mercy kill. I'm sure they count for little chaos but it's still annoying.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Coolguye posted:

the gambler guy playing dice "sends her money whenever he can" :shobon:
I've had a few of those now but most people are far above average in their awfulness. Here's a regular looking guy, he purposely slammed a door on a kid's hand.

I missed so much poo poo in the first real mission because I thought I'd get to come back like you did in the first game.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

CJacobs posted:

Kill all guards. They wanna pretend I'm the crown killer, I might as well embrace it :getin:
I didn't kill any of Ramsey's men in Dunwall because I was worried about chaos and going for non-lethal, but those fucks absolutely deserve to die. I wrecked a non-lethal run on mission 3 because I sleep darted a guy who then fell off a cliff.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I was just ambushed by somebody with a stereotypical side quest giver voice. Oh you cads.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Genocyber posted:

Outsider was poop in DH1. He's not that great here but still better since he doesn't take five years to speak a sentence.
Outsider is supposed to sound a little bored. Don't like the new guy as much.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Bogart posted:

Oh. Theory: Meagan Foster is Daud's lieutenant who betrayed him, 100%. The gently caress was her name. Billie Lurk!
Haven't gotten to a point that would yet but she looks pretty close to her plus some years of wear and tear. The peaceful solution was to exile her so makes sense. Also the Heart tells you about her growing up poor in a similar manner to what we know about Billie's past.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I think I've got a bug on mission 3. T
I pulled the whale oil tank off the arc pylon, but it's still powered up.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The other main issue I've been having is dialogue completely cuts out when I enter another room, instead of just dropping in volume a little.

Edit: And now I've fallen through the ground.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Nov 12, 2016

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

They're pretty weak on medium, as in you can just kill them with your sword. The only thing thst sucks is getting detected by their keepers.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Did everyone miss the whole "Daddy" picture in the first game? It was the size of a loving wall.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Bogart posted:

Did you know that if you throw a choloroform bottle and an enemy investigates, they walk into some sort of cloud and get ko'ed? :stare:
Yep. I don't think they would have lables it as such if it didn't do anything. Do the other bottles do anything? I suppose the wash bottle might clean up blood?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

thebardyspoon posted:

No, it's implied in the first game (you find like diaries and stuff that imply that it's also like an open secret among the aristocracy) that he is her actual father. One thing I really like about the two games is you can work out poo poo like that before it's outright stated and it's got a decent chance of being right cause it's a logical thing. There's something similar in 2 as well and when it got confirmed I was super happy.
I think I know what you're talking about, and there's a newspaper article that identifies Alexi Wyman as a "her" so it doesn't seem as secret as a lot of people are making it out to be.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Use Invisible Thread. It renders you invisible while using far reach.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Regarding mission 4. I think it was a missed oppurtunity that there isn't a third option when gloating to Delilah. I thought maybe you'd get something special if you stripped Ashworth of her powers, and then killed her.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Finished the game. Decided "Screw it" towards the end and got a whopping 28 detections because I was sick of being incredibly sneaky and still getting one or two. The ending cinematic didn't give as much closure as I would have liked.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

My biggest disappointment seems to be that there's no Boyle Mansion equivalent.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Nov 13, 2016

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Oh, apparently they scrapped mission replay ehich kind of sucks. So if you're just starting out you might want to keep multiple saves so you can mess aroubd later. Really wanted to go save Stilton now that I know you can

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

There's one standing on top of a statue that falls down and dies if you sleep dart her. I went back and did the non-lethal solution, and they were all knocked out but fine. It's all a but wonky right now.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

I sleep-darted the two chilling on the chandelier and one fell off and landed all legs akimbo on the stacks of boxes below. I assumed she was dead but I went and checked and it said she was just unconscious. I mean, she'll probably wake up a quadriplegic but I didn't kill her!
I jumped on top of one later on and knocked her out but she was a little too close to a brazier and went up like a torch.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

My Lovely Horse posted:

I felt bad about killing witches after discovering some books and pillows on a high up window sill. That was such a nice peaceful tableau. These ladies just like to do magic and hang out on architecture, if anyone can relate it should be Corvo and Emily.
On the other hand any place you find witches you also find tons of senseless mass murder.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Spend some time with them, you'll suddenly love them and want to hang out with them all the time and defend them if some jerk tries to set fire to them!

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

MinibarMatchman posted:

on the way back from the clockwork mansion mission, I saw some wacky poo poo happening in the town square. some loving exorcist poo poo on top of a ticket booth with ghostly teleporting back and forth in the same space. what the gently caress
That's just a taste of what is to come. Have you not played the DLC for the first game?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I was going to but I ran into the stacking Strong Arms issue. I thought maybe only stacking 3x would work but that was slow too.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I liked the clockworks from the first trailer better. They had a creepier look. For some odd reason you find a note saying that they were changed because they weren't creepy enough.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

My Lovely Horse posted:

Again, if anyone can relate
I've been completely non-lethal and ghosting my second playthrough :colbert:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Speaking of which I found a great exploit for mission 3. Shoot Paolo with a stinging bolt. He'll flee into the guards in the square, they'll kill him, and the rats he turns into will kill them. None of these get counted as your kills.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Welp, just beat the game non-lethal. Or rather, beat the game nonlethal and then immediately reloaded and shanked Delilah because gently caress that alternate ending holy poo poo. By far my biggest complaint about the game is that there's no moment of catharsis with Delilah, which makes the ending very unsatisfying regardless of whatever else happens. Overall I like the game a lot, but I agree with whoever said that it feels like they designed the (fantastic) levels first and then wrote the story to connect them, not the other way around. My only other major complaint is that I really wish they hadn't brought back Delilah, I feel like her story was kinda finished after Brigmore and that she didn't need to be in this game at all let alone the focal point. Also, as much as I love Vincent D'Onofrio and the way he talks, he kind of phoned it in on this one, his delivery was just really stiff most of the time.
I tries torching the painting with an incendiary bolt. Unfortunately it didn't work.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Hut him with a stinging bolt. He'll flee into the guards in the main square, they'll kill him, the rats will kill them, and you won't get any kills recorded.

Edit: The end of mission screen does mention you taking him out.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

thebardyspoon posted:

What happens later in the game if you do that?
He doesn't actually die so you're fine. It's just a good way to clear out the area.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

double nine posted:

what are you talking about, there are no guards in the main square.
In Clockwork Mansion where he first appeara there are.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Hmmm. I should probably farm these dangerous insects in my apartment for little financial gain. Yolo.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

There's plenty of lesbians in Dishonored. Are there any gay guys, am I forgetting some?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I kind of wish I'd ghosted/non-lethal with Emily. Domino makes everything easier. With Corvo I'm having to abuse Bend Time a lot.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

GUI posted:

The game originally starred only Emily and Corvo was added way later into development as a playable character, so I'm not surprised she's more balanced for both pacifist and lethal playthroughs.
She's got more bone charms associated with her powers. I went looking to see if there was anything for enhancing Bend Time and most bone charms are either for Emily's powers, or combat based. It's a bit annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I'm also a bit disappointed that the dialogue isn't substantially different between the two. They changed a few words and called it good. They also probably should have done character specific side quests for replayability.

• Locked thread