Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
GOTY is less than two months away, all. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Either Delilah was Jessamine's sister, or, to me more likely, she made it out of the painting and pulled another trick to warp reality / minds into believing she was.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Corvo got to bring Burrows to justice, and Daud managed to (temporarily) waylay a great villain of the world. The Outsider just gives you a push to do things you wouldn't get the chance to otherwise. Yeah, the lore suggests loving around too much with whalebone and runes messes with your head, but Daud's been doing his thing for years and seems more or less okay. Rags, less so, but we don't know her whole story.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I like to think low-chaos Samuel gets an honorary Admirality.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Think you'll get your own squad after what happened last night?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Game runs great on PS4! :shobon:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

But... master race

Can E A T A D I C K

e: Oh, for god's sake. The boat has a painting of Delilah in it. This is going to be how she inevitably...I don't know, abducts Emily into her painted world for the inevitable showdown.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

MinibarMatchman posted:

whew, that's a relief. my collector's edition is coming today. is it mainly stable 30fps? and are you playing with or without the 9gb patch?

I'm not the guy to ask, but it looks like a stable framerate, and I don't think I've pulled any patches. I thought I'd need to adjust the look speed, it feels a bit sluggish, but I got used to it.

Fwiw, for trying to run the first Emily section no lethal, don't try to choke em all out. Just find side routes and then make a break for the boat once you can get to the water.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
It's very cute. When you try to choke him out, you get to the end of the bar, and then he pats your arm and you let him go. Also, you can Drop Knockout now, but it's finnicky. The New Outsider isn't bad, but I really liked the old one. :(

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
"Dammit I need to pee." is the new "Whiskey and cigars."

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
If you're trying to kill a nest, just Blink/Reach to it, smack it with your sword, and then backpedal while swinging. Far as I can tell, only red nests will respawn flies, and they're the only ones to drop blood amber.

Mission three question: how do I get to the basement? I see that tasty rune. :saddowns:

e: I figured it out. What goes up must come down. Get to the top of the elevator and cut the ropes.

Bogart fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Nov 10, 2016

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Do not attempt to stun the...special enemy...in Mission 3. It won't work.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I like how they're careful about making Wyman gender-neutral. My sweet queer empress. :shobon:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

MC Smoke Sensei posted:

I have four words, friends. Four.

STRONG. ARMS. TIMES. FOUR.

The Minstry of Hugs IS BACK, MOTHERFUCKERS :bisonyes:

Thanks to you for making me realize that I can 4x my faster carry and faster sneak perks. Suddenly bone crafting make sense.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
There are some, but mostly for Corvo to possess. I've not seen any swarms yet barring one scripted exception. I'm at the clockwork mansion.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I feel like they do do a good job in making you want to kill the baddies. I'm going for no-death my first time through, but I still wanted to shoot all of those god drat traitors to the crown. Especially the captain. Wanted to throw him off the tower. :colbert:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
The Heart was pretty clearly Jessamine's, from the first Dishonored. In this one, Emily sees an image of her mother when she gets it from the Outsider. Unless you're referring to some big late game relevation.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Oh. Theory: Meagan Foster is Daud's lieutenant who betrayed him, 100%. The gently caress was her name. Billie Lurk!

Bogart fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Nov 12, 2016

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I feel like I don't get something. It's not like this game has ever advertised that you'll get a million million endings, Fallout New Vegas style. Nor did the previous game have a ton of endings, which was then lost in this game. You're complaining about something that was never advertised or suggested. Like. I'd like it if this game would suck my whole dick. But it doesn't, so..

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Party Plane Jones posted:

Yes, dogs count as a kill. This includes the magical wolfhound skulls that you can smash before the wolfhounds spawn in. Magical wolfhounds can't be sleep darted however regular wolfhounds can be sleepdarted.

Bloodflies don't count.

Not true. At least not for regular wolfhounds. I shot the dogs in the first mission they showed up in and got non lethal.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Did you know that if you throw a choloroform bottle and an enemy investigates, they walk into some sort of cloud and get ko'ed? :stare:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
WHO OPENED THAT DOOR?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
They're still people. Dead bodies make more plague / rats / bloodflies.

e: I'm up to the door riddle. Trying to puzzle it out. Found out online that it randomizes, which is awesome. But it reminded me of Piero. Is he mentioned in this game? Obviously, low (but not perfectly low) chaos is more or less canon for D1, given Sokolov's survival, balanced with Corvo's willingness to behead two traitor guards at the start of the game, but what happened to my boy Piero?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

IMJack posted:

All the S & J Health Elixirs, I'm assuming that stands for "Sokolov and Joplin".

Yeah, I figured the same. But where's my good good Joplin boy.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Emily's powers are fun. Don't worry about em. You'll come back for another play through. I think Corvo's powers are better suited to high chaos.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Don't knock 'em out. They're just boat workers.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Far Reach with guard grab + Full Domino. Become the telekinesis master.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Nobody cares if your rig runs the game, hth.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Where do I find the key for Dr. Galvani's apartment in the 9th mission?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Finally beat it! Just over 17 hours, and I know I missed a ton of stuff. Emily, low chaos, mostly nonlethal, powered. Y'all weren't kidding about the ending being abrupt, but it's the journey, not the destination. Now to dig into the other games I have and come back for a Corvo playthrough later. Good game. :shobon:

Also, Jindosh used his Flowers for Algernonizer on Sokolov and wanted to keep doing it until he was only good for improving his clockwork design; he deserved what he got. In fact, I think all of the non-lethal take outs are pretty just, barring maybe the Vice Overseer. He didn't seem to be a bad dude, maybe a little power-hungry, but hey, upward mobility. If Ramsey wasn't such a dip, he probably could've figured a way out of the safe room -- like yelling a lot, perhaps.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

http://voynichs.tumblr.com/post/153459027830/oh-my-god-okay-im-laughing-so-hard-im-in-tears

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Can't believe Daud becomes the new Outsider

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Eh. Corvo lost his mark once. He was bummed about it but that was about it.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
That's why people love the wine so much. So rare and hard to make.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
This is a world where whales are dual-natured tentacle monsters the size of a city block. Could it not be that wine is just something else 'round here? :v:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
The Void is what powers abilities, not the Outsider -- it's a vessel, if anything. Billie and Daud were decent assassins, but I'm not sure they can kill the astral plane.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I like the idea of Emily sprinting toward an overseer desperately cranking his hurdy gurdy as if it's gonna ward her off.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Misread part of it as 'Sisters of the Oracular Order, now Clockwork Knights' and went 'oh man' out loud. Someday.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Would also accept both, and it turns out you kill an impostor Outsider made by...Corvo/Daud/Delilah's impressions of it...or something. But I don't think they're gonna bring back OG Outsider. I think dude ended up having a kinda lovely xbox live name. Like, tr*nnypuncher or something. Don't quote me on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
It says "artifacts." Artifacts, to me, can mean a big extendo arm for grabbing things far away, but it can also mean whale bone talismans. The Heart is clearly scientific and void-affiliated.

• Locked thread