Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Digirat posted:

If you shot samuel, the one guy who risked his life to save yours, with anything other than a sleep dart then you are proving him right

Hmm, can you fill his boat with rats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

GotLag posted:

What's mission 8 again?

The Duke's mansion. Very fun on high chaos, let me tell you. Emily even had a special line when I killed the body double. :allears:

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Yeah, the world building in these games is fantastic. I just wish they could do more with the characters and plot

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

There are a couple of side characters, yeah.

Morgan and Custis, for example

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

More or less. It's got some minor changes (mostly buffs to be honest) but it's very similar.

Yeah, you get Daud's Blink, it's great.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

MinibarMatchman posted:

I think I hosed up. I'm in the Stilton mansion, viewed the special event I was supposed to, but can't loving go anywhere. I don't have the mastery key and I can't get passed the loving statue thing blocking my hole of escape. Did I break the game? I'm going to have to reload to an earlier save if I sequence broke this poo poo badly.

Check the wall beside the door, there should be a button you can push to open it.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

This game just managed to trick me. So, doing my Low Chaos Corvo run at the Grand Palace, I sneak in to the Duke's quarters from the roof. Last time I did it, that was where the double was, so I asked him about the nonlethal option. He tells me it's a good idea, then calmly walked to the alarm and rang it while I just watched.

The lesson here is to always pay attention

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

The Lone Badger posted:

Are blueprints miss-it-and-they're-gone or are their additional copies in later levels?

Edit: Feeling kinda bad for murdering this black-market shopkeeper.

Try using the heart on them beforehand, that usually justifies it. The one that you have to blow up apparently poisoned three previous husbands, explicitly for money

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Looks like New Game+ is confirmed for next month: https://bethesda.net/en/article/6d1WZlmqe4sUmkQEAo2qSe/dishonored-2-play-your-way

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah I'm sure that wouldn't end up creating Godzillas.

Me too. Whalezillas, though, finally able to come on land to take their revenge? Much more likely.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Hank Morgan posted:

Artemis Stilton question:
I tranqed him in the past in order to change his future. Now I'm back in the present so I can kill him there. Where does he appear in the new present?

He's not in the mansion, he's off on an errand. You'll see him though, not sure if you can kill him if you pass up your chance in the past.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Probably DLC hook is my guess.

e:Maybe with Paolo as new pc?

You can meet her again in the Dust District (and find her apartment), but she doesn't have anything for you to do.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Genocyber posted:

It would have been cool if it was prospering but also under an iron-fisted rule. Would contrast Emily's benign but incredibly inefficient reign well, while keeping Delilah villainous but not cartoonishly so.

Yeah, that would have been interesting at least. But going back and seeing endless looted houses and filled gallows? Sorry, but she needs to die. How was Delilah even maintaining control over anything but Dunwall and Serkonos?

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Yeah, what's up with the lack of music boxes in this game anyway? They were a nice "Ah poo poo" enemy when you encountered them in D1.

Maybe Corvo convinced Emily to ban them on the down low

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

DancingShade posted:

So let's think about this for a second. The false witch-empress bites the dust one way or another at the end (I'm not spoiling this I'm certain) leaving what is probably the Outsider marked Lord Protector and Outsider marked Empress Emily in charge.

Now imagine their first meeting with the new Head Overseer over tea and biscuits during reconstruction. Awkward or not?

It's awkward until he's informed that Abbey is going to be allowed to turn Serkonos into a theocracy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

I just hope they can make her more interesting than she was in the main game, going back to the Dreadful Wale was always a snoozefest. And I still miss her old voice actor.

• Locked thread