Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
I released my finger from the trigger, and then it was over...

Vilnius
Half-elf Cleric (Tempest)
Awakening from some nightmare, the echoes of thunder still rattle in the back of my mind...

STR | 15
DEX | 08
CON | 14 (13 + 1)
INT | 08
WIS | 16 (15 + 1) [save prof]
CHA | 14 (12 + 2) [save prof]

AC: 9
HP: 10

Racial
Speed: 30
Vision: Darkvision
Fey Ancestry: advantage on saves vs. charm, immune to magical sleep

Skill Profs
Half-Elf:
(STR) Athletics
(CHA) Intimidation
Cleric:
(WIS) Insight
(CHA) Persuasion
Background:
(nil)

Languages
Half-Elf:
Common
Elvish
Draconic
Background:
(nil)

Armor Profs
Cleric:
light
medium
shields
Tempest:
heavy

Weapon Profs
Cleric:
simple
Tempest:
martial

Class Features
Domain (Tempest)
    1st. Wrath of the Storm [reaction, when hit within 5ft]: DEX save vs. 2d8 lightning or thunder damage

Spellcasting
Spell Attack: +5
Spell Save DC: 13
Slots:
[1]2/2

Prepared: (WIS+Cleric level = 4)
  • [Domain] Fog Cloud
  • [Domain] Thunderwave
  • Bless
  • Create or Destroy Water
  • Detect Magic
  • Healing Word
Cantrips: [3]
  • Guidance
  • Mending
  • Sacred Flame

P.d0t fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jul 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007

Vilnius

Seemingly content to lie still, Vilnius begins to speak; it seems fairly clear that escape isn't quite an option, and that he's safe enough, for now.

"... a garden? Hmm... that place, there, overgrown with vines? Maybe it was the same place... Was I inside there?"

"I was very near a shore. That's what I remember..." he puzzles over this a moment. "Is that where you found me?"

"Look, I--" he groans with stiffness is his ribs, trying to sit upright, "what do you want to hear? Am I under arrest or something? Like, what is this?"

quote:

e: I told the truth

P.d0t fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jul 12, 2016

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007

Vilnius

Quietly, Vilnius begins to piece things together.

Replaying the memory of Magar in his head, over and over again, something begins to stand out in his mind: the carapace.
Its changing colours seemed to be some trick of the light -- it wasn't, though. As Vilnius approached, the colour adapted, as if to match him.

"Odd.."

ritorix posted:

"Anything yet? Where are you from? Altaris? Sorga? Ishull? Visiria?"

ritorix posted:

"Now you are a true Visirian."

"Visiria: what is that? It's a place, right? Where is it?" he asks, to no one in particular, hoping someone has some useful information.

Arrrthritis posted:

"I'm afraid the only name I remember is Magar, just as the other has said. I am taking part in... a conquest, I believe. There are several who stand in my way, but none of them are able to truly defend themselves. There is a horn full of blood that I drink from, and he refers to me as a 'Visirian'. Just what is that, exactly?"

"You! His breastplate -- what colour was it?"

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007

Melchiresa posted:

Sylmae

“A ship! I remember a ship!”

Vilnius

Making a point of addressing the elven-looking woman, Vilnius speaks to her quietly, off to the side.
"A ship..." he says, giving a slow, knowing nod.

Nothing more is said -- because there isn't anything he can add that she hasn't already told them -- so instead he watches her eyes, gauging where her mind goes.

Insight, Mr. DM? :v:

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007

Melchiresa posted:

Sylmae
Half-elf Sorcerer (Storm)

"I wonder though...…how did this woman know to ask us about this Magar person? Is she looking for him? And how does she know all of this?"

Vilnius

"We can't know the answers to any of that, at least not for now. I think it might be prudent if we keep this Magar character just between us... inmates? It seems clear to me that he's dangerous; if we're associates of his, then we're dangerous too. And we're in no shape to protect ourselves, if these guards suddenly decide it's dangerous to let us live."

"We don't know who's on whose side... in..whatever seems to be going on here."

A Darker Porpoise posted:

Glory

"My full name is somewhat of a mouthful, but I recall going by the name Glory so by all means it is a pleasure to make your acquaintances."

"Vilnius," he states quite simply, for the benefit of all to hear.

Turning to the other half-elf, he asks, "and you? Do you remember what you're called?"

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007

Vilnius

As the group rushes into the temple, following the mysterious woman, Vilnius seemingly instinctively grabs Sylmae around the wrist, tugging her along hurriedly. Catching himself after the fact, he mumbles an apology about being so forward. Clearly, it was some sort of protective instinct at work; whether or not it was directed at her specifically (or something about her more generally) was unclear.

Gear!

PHB posted:

• (a) a mace or (b) a warhammer (if proficient)
  • (a) scale mail, (b) leather armor, or (c) chain mail (if proficient)
  • (a) a light crossbow and 20 bolts or (b) any simple weapon [selecting Javelin]
  • (a) a priest's pack or (b) an explorer's pack
  • A shield and a holy symbol

Warhammer
Vilnius has a much stronger arm than many of the others around him. As such, he finds himself drawn to what appears to be a...femur? If it is, it must've come from an animal that was as tall at the hip as the tallest of the group is, head-to-toe. The hitch-like ball at the top gives it a decent amount of weight to heft around; near the bottom, twine has been wrapped around the last 12 inches or so, with a strap of leather pinned together, covering the middle third of that span. It's clear that the twine is meant to be the placement-guide for wielding the weapon with both hands, and the leather is for single-handed use; the latter of these shows signs of being well broken-in.
versatile weapons, ahoy

Chain Mail
A peculiar suit of what seems to be armor, Vilnius tries his arms in the sleeves and it seems a good fit -- but clearly he will need help closing the suit up at the back :hfive: (volunteers?)
The material seems to be an overlaying of small, square-shaped tiles of... some kind of leather. The hide is dark grey in hue, and rough in texture. Layered and offset, they seem to be carefully stitched together at the corners; the inner layer consists of a similar style of layering, but this time with leaves (of all things?) They're comfortable on the skin, dark green in colour, but clearly a much more solid material than one would assume. A pauldron of what looks like white wolfskin, with black quills sticking out at odd intervals, completes the ensemble.

Javelin
What looks to be a long, straight tusk of some kind, that has clearly been refined by the hands of a skilled artisan. The business end comes to an abrupt point, with serrations notched into the last 4 inches or so; aside from that, the haft is smooth and true across its entire span. Vilnius tosses up and down against the palm of his hand a few times, getting a sense of its weight, and judging that it should be a fine weapon both up close and from a short distance.

Shield
Leather straps bolted onto a tall sheet of wood. Simple, straightforward. A slight bend in the material, letting it conform better to the forearm, with a rounded point at the bottom, and 2 curves making 3 points along the top -- for ducking one's head behind while keeping eyes on the field. This particular specimen seems to have gotten better with age, showing no signs of severe damage beyond just wear and tear, and perhaps a bit of exposure to moisture.

Holy Symbol
An interesting piece, some sort of amulet? At first it seemed like it might be some sort of weapon -- eight sharp points, whittled into a thin, flat piece of stone -- but it was far too unwieldy to make use of as such. The cord strung through one of the longer tips made it clear that it was meant to be worn about the neck.
artistic inspiration. something like that but way more primitive and crude.

"So now what?" he asks of whoever seems to know what the hell is going on.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
:bandwagon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
Level 2!

Vilnius
Awakening from some nightmare, the echoes of thunder still rattle in the back of my mind...

STR | 15
DEX | 08
CON | 14 (13 + 1)
INT | 08
WIS | 16 (15 + 1) [save prof]
CHA | 14 (12 + 2) [save prof]

AC: 9
HP: 17

Racial
Speed: 30
Vision: Darkvision
Fey Ancestry: advantage on saves vs. charm, immune to magical sleep

Skill Profs
Half-Elf:
(STR) Athletics
(CHA) Intimidation
Cleric:
(WIS) Insight
(CHA) Persuasion
Background:
(WIS) Perception
(CHA) Deception

Languages
Half-Elf:
Common
Elvish
Draconic
Background:
(nil)

Tool Profs
Background:
Vehicles (water)
Navigator's Tools

Armor Profs
Cleric:
light
medium
shields
Tempest:
heavy

Weapon Profs
Cleric:
simple
Tempest:
martial

Class Features
Domain (Tempest)
    1st. Wrath of the Storm [reaction, when hit within 5ft]: DEX save vs. 2d8 lightning or thunder damage
Channel Divinity [1/rest]
- Turn Undead
- Destructive Wrath

Spellcasting
Spell Attack: +5
Spell Save DC: 13
Slots:
[1]3/3

Prepared: (WIS+Cleric level = 4)
  • [Domain] Fog Cloud
  • [Domain] Thunderwave
  • Bless