Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Made a few stabs at picking a character this morning and settled on playing a straight up Fightman. :black101:

It's rather unpleasant to wake up to the taste of a boot in your mouth, but Glory finds himself unable to muster the will to complain in the face of the aches and pains in his body alongside the panic bubbling up in his gut at being unable to remember much of anything.

Name: Glory (Strike the Glorious Heavens)
Race: Dragonborn (Black)
Class: Fighter
Height: 6'7"
Weight: 285 lbs
Alignment: N/A
Ability Scores:
STR: 17 (+3)
DEX: 13 (+1)
CON: 14 (+2)
INT: 8 (-1)
WIS: 12 (+1)
CHA: 11 (+1)

Pointbuy: 15 str, 13 dex, 14 con, 8 int, 12 wis, 10 cha. +2 strength and +1 charisma from racials

Stats
HP: 12/12
AC: 11 without armor.
Speed: 30'
Initiative: +1
Sight: Normal.

Proficiencies
Saving throws: Strength (+5) & Constitution (+4)
Weapon: Simple & Martial
Armor: All Armor & Shields
Skills: Athletics(+5) & Survival (+3)
Tools: None
Languages: Common & Draconic

Background:
Feature:
Personality Traits:
Ideal:
Bond:
Flaw:

Inventory
Money: 0gp
On person: 75 lbs
Modesty leather scraps+Stolen clothing scraps
Bonemail 55lbs
Scapula Greatsword 6lb
Tusk Maul 10lb
Tooth Handaxe x2 2 lb

In Pack: 59 lbs
Backpack 5 lbs
Bedroll 7 lbs
Mess kit 1 lb
Tinderbox 1 lb
10 torches 10 lbs
10 days of rations 20 lbs
Waterskin 5 lbs
50' hempen rope 10 lbs

Glory's encumbrance 134/255 lbs

Features:
Dragonborn
Breath Attack: 5x30' line attack, DC 12 dex save for 2d6 acid damage or half on a miss. Recharges on a short rest.
Resistance: Take half damage from lightning damage sources.

Fighter 1
Great weapon fighting: On rolls of 1 or 2 on melee weapon damage rolls you can re-roll the die and must use the new result. Requires 2h or versatile weapon.
Second Wind: Heal 1d10+fighter level once per short rest.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jul 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Glory

Glory is all to happy to slink to his feet when his captors? Saviors? See fit to release him from his bonds, muscles scream in joy as they are finally allowed to move about in who knows how long.

After testing the limits of his host's patience, the young dragonborn allows himself to be pulled to the side where he is all to pleased to accept a few mouthfuls of water with which to wash the taste of leather from his mouth before he reluctantly takes the designated stump as a seat.

Listening to his host Glory goes to roll his eyes as the woman insists that one without memory thing of home, but his witty retort is cut short as the backdrop of sounds in the area fall away and a scene washes through his mind.

quote:

You hear the gentle sounds of the wilds: birds chirping happily, the rustles of squirrels through the trees and the broader sound of a breeze through the leaves. You feel a rushing pulse as you pursue game, hunting prey through a forest. You feel alive, at home, fulfilled - and then you catch up to your prey. It's a human woman, desperate and out of breath, terror etched on her face. The birds land in the trees nearby, patient as carrion, and look towards you expectantly. Their eyes are all red...

Letting out a small gasp Glory's fist clenches tight, his claws digging furrows into the stump beneath the appendage, soon however he begins to speak to the woman in a faint voice "I am Strike the Glorious Heavens and as you ask I shall answer after I have gathered my thoughts."

Glory's fist slowly relaxes open as the memory begins to assimilate and he answers what few questions he has been given "At first I see a tranquil glade in which many animals are calmly residing, before long it becomes apparent that something is being chased through this space." Glory's voice tapers off to an even quieter level "Then there are birds all throughout the scene, their hungry eyes staring expectantly..."

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jul 15, 2016

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Glory

Glory is relieved when he is allowed to break for the evening, the toll of whatever sickness he has been afflicted with still lingering on his body in addition to the wear and tear of having been bound in place for an extended period of time. Taking the time he has to himself Glory plops down on the ground in as open a space as he can find and begins to put his body through an extended period of stretches in the hopes of working out some of the tightened muscles and joints on his body.

Having limbered himself up to some degree and shaken off at least a portion of his pain Glory is quite content to curl up on the ground where he has sat and to collapse back into the slumber from which he had earlier been awoken. The dawn is not content to delay its arrival and the morning finds Glory far too soon for his tastes, but he drags himself to his feet as the low key bustle of the camp begins and falls back into his calisthenic routine as he awaits another round of questions from the benefactors.

Come the afternoon the awaited session comes and Glory is set to recollecting another scene by the mysterious woman herding the plague victims about. There is certainly a flash of memory inflicted on the dragonborn, but he is not forthcoming with information "Magar was his name, a man in heavy armor" he shakes his head "there was some form of chaos happening in the same woods I mentioned previously and quite a large amount of blood." Glory manages to catch himself halfway through a motion as he finishes the sentence, his tongue drawing itself across the edge of his mouth and teeth as though savoring the last remnants of a fine meal.

Excusing himself from the situation Glory stands to the side as the woman goes over the same routine with each of the plague bearers. Some time between people the half-elf asks a simple question to the human who has just completed her pass through the screening. Glory pauses for a moment, the fresh memory of blood flowing into his mouth halting his immediate response, before he echoes the woman's answer "It was much the same for me. There were many colors, but the red comes to the forefront of my mind."

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jul 15, 2016

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Glory

slydingdoor posted:

Sip, the Druid

"Did you all forget how to clothe yourselves? What if you step in something? Slicky or sticky, poison, that'd be bad."

Glory throws a dithering glare in the direction of the human weaver, having apparently begun the wholesale manufacture of their own clothing, as they comment on the general state of undress of the assembled victims. The human has a point however with all assembled having been in a state of undress for who knew how long.

Having apparently been wreaking devastation upon the land as whomever he was before waking up in the middle of nowhere Glory fails to see a reason to stop the looting train now and helps himself to what clothing the guards who are scanning the surrounding area have left alone. Being of a rather prodigiously large frame Glory has to tear material here and there to make things more functional, but he ends up less nude than he was moments before.

Now in some state of dress he joins in on the conversation as it tails off "I'm not sure what you all remembered in your time with our mysterious benefactor but my memories made it clear that I, or whomever so the memory had spawned from, were a very willing participant in the atrocities involved."

Brushing down his roughly altered clothing Glory makes an amiable gesture towards those assembled "Now, since it is rather inconvenient for me and I imagine you all as well to continue to think of each other as 'that human' or 'the elf' a round of introductions would go a long ways should you remember who you are to some degree."

Giving a halfhearted clumsy bow Glory introduces himself "My full name is somewhat of a mouthful, but I recall going by the name Glory so by all means it is a pleasure to make your acquaintances."

I'll make clothes fit somehow with the power of MUSCLES!

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Glory
HP: 12/12 AC: 16 HD: 1/1d10+2

Glory has no qualms with following orders at the promise of provisions and allows himself to be herded off towards a potential source of equipment.

Glory is quick to pick up one of the many pre-packaged bags of provisions laying about without much regard for its contents, but the dragonborn is seemingly particular about the weapons strewn about. Roughshod swords of many materials are hefted in one hand and then cast to the side when they are found wanting.

After a few moments of weapons testing Glory settles on two unwieldy weapons with a satisfied grunt, a massive horn with rough grips carves into it rests on the ground at his feet while the shoulder blade of a great beast, its edge shattered into something resembling a saw, is held above his head in examination.

Unwilling to stride out into a potential combat unarmored, Glory runs his eyes over the armor available and immediately picks out what must be his. Stepping across the room he begins the long process of donning his armor.

It would be apparent to anyone familiar with the biology of the dragonborn that Glory was somewhat lithe for his species, the foreknowledge of which would make it clear that the gruesome armor he had begun to wear had once belonged to a dragonborn much larger than him; a ribcage supported by bits of wood is pulled shut around his chest, strips of bone held together with leather are wound around the arms and legs, and finally the skull of one of his larger kin is secured over his head.

Armed and armored Glory reclaims the assorted supplies he has picked out and steps to the side out of the way of those still picking over their equipment.

Class:
Second Wind(1d10+1 Healing as a bonus action, short rest recharge)
Race:
Dragon Breath: (5x30' line DC 12 Dex save for half of 2d6 acid damage. Short rest recharge)
Effects:
Heavy Armor: Disadvantage on stealth checks.
Great Weapon Style: Can re-roll a 1 or 2 on a 2h weapon attack once, must take the new result.

quote:

1. ChainBonemail :unsmigghh:
2. Two martial weapons- Maul and Greatsword
3. Two hand axes
4. Explorer's Pack: (Backpack, bedroll, mess kit, tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 rations, waterskin, and 50' hempen rope.)

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jul 15, 2016

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Glory

slydingdoor posted:

Sip, the Druid
The dragonman almost takes the wrong pack at first, but then he takes the bedroll pack too like the rest of us. "Smart move, you're enorrrrmous and have rough skin. No one's gonna snuggle with you. Maybe the devilman, I can't tell his skin from just looking at it. Doesn't matter anyway everyone so far has bedrolls. It's good."

Glory barks off a genuinely amused laugh "Given my apparent taste in armor fashion I'd be inclined to agree with your assessment of my snuglability." Glancing back toward the pack he'd left behind Glory nods in agreement with Sip's assessment "A few crude tools would likely be useful in the coming days, but I would think between those assembled we can probably break down a door or cut a log without, being able to sleep through the night would be most welcome."

Noticing Vilnius having some slight issue with his armor Glory saunters his way over and offers an apparently practiced hand at securing the man's armor.

Tilting his head in thought he considers Vilnius' question as his hands work "I imagine once we've equipped ourselves we will be heading to this village our benefactor of sorts has mentioned." There are a few beats of silence "Though if danger has wandered so close and they are surprised to see it, perhaps this village is not so safe a location to make our retreat to."

e: Lacing Vilnius up

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jul 15, 2016

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Found some art I liked more and thus changed to black dragonborn for the purpose of matching it :v:. No mechanical differences aside from my dragon breath changing to acid.

Good times!

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jul 15, 2016

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Glory

Glory nods at the mysterious woman as she outlines the escape plan and immediately moves to follow, his fingers following her lead and lingering for a brief moment on the carving of the sun in the wall. It was certainly a hollow gesture on his part, but the few people they had interacted with thus far seemed to hold some reverence for the thing and it couldn't hurt to earn favor with whatever was watching over them.

Already unnerved and ready to flee Glory takes off like a shot into the woods when the retreat is sounded, the glowing eyes from within his memory reflected back at him now in person chilling him to the core.

There is a brief moment where it seems like Glory might turn to rush back into the fray and save lives, but any hope that brief gesture may have illicited from the guards in the middle of being slaughtered is crushed when a blast of highly pressurized acid spews forth from the dragonborn's throat in a haphazard spray to deter his pursuers.

After minutes? Hours? Of running it becomes apparent that the former prisoners/survivors have given their pursuers the slip and Glory allows himself to stomp to a stop. Taking the warning of their benefactor to heart he begins to remove the vast majority of his armor and stows it in the cloth of his bedroll. A quick few knots here and there and the armor is adequately concealed in a bindle hanging off the back end of the horn turned hammer in his possession.

Casting aside the serrated shoulder blade that would have served as a sword Glory nods slightly and gives a slight sigh at having been brought back to the point of wearing tattered clothing. His remaining belongings as concealed as they could be, Glory turns to the south once again and mutters "the town awaits I suppose, let's be off shall we?"

Back to wearing hobo-chic, now with synergizing railway bindle!

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Jul 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

:tipshat: Look forward to working with y'all.

• Locked thread