Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.
Interest posting. This seems pretty awesome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.
Sylmae, Half-Elf Sorcerer (Storm) 1

17 CHA (+3) *
15 DEX (+2)
14 CON +2) *
12 INT (+1)
10 WIS (+0)
8 STR (-1)

8 HP
12 AC
+2 Initiative

skills: Deception, Perception, Persuasion, Arcana

Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven, Primordian

Features: Darkvision, Fey Ancestry

Equipment:

Arcane focus - staff
Explorer's pack
Spear
Two daggers

Spells:
Lv 0 4/4
Firebolt
Shocking Grasp
Acid Splash
Mold earth

Lv1 2/2
Shield
Thunderwave

Melchiresa fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jul 16, 2016

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

Sylmae

Sylmae grabs the cup of water and gulps it down – fast enough that she coughs, almost choking, as the cool liquid coats her dry, cracked throat. Her body ached from the inside out, and her head pounded. From what, she wasn’t sure. She sets the drained cup down and massages her temples with a soft groan. She had almost forgotten the question.

“Oof…what do I remember? How are you going to help – wait! A ship! I remember a ship!” She bolts to her feet, despite her muscles screaming from the sudden use. She sits back down and eagerly leans forward to take the woman’s hands, hoping the woman would join in her excitement at having a memory – at last! The woman appears to be visibly uncomfortable with this, but meets Sylmae’s eyes.

“I…I can’t recall why I was on it though. But I felt so happy, and at peace. Being on that ship felt like I had returned home. I don’t know why, though…I can’t remember much of ships or sailing before I ended up here. There was something important on the land I needed. I just wish I could remember what…” She drops the woman’s hands and nervously rubs her palms together.

Sylmae pauses. “Is this the land I saw? Did I say anything while I was unconscious?” The woman simply regards her coolly. Sylmae sighs in resignation.

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

Sylmae
Half-elf Sorcerer (Storm)

Sylmae overhears the questions about the vision – it was eerie to her that she somehow shared the same memory. “I remember his armor! It shimmered!” she blurts out. She composes herself and continues, “there was a horn of blood too…and I drank from it, as if it were not a strange thing to do at all. I don’t know what that has to do with Visiria…”

“I wonder though…how did this woman know to ask us about this Magar person? Is she looking for him? And how does she know all of this?” she asks, beginning to become nervous...

P.d0t posted:

Vilnius
Half-elf Cleric (Tempest)

Making a point of addressing the elven-looking woman, Vilnius speaks to her quietly, off to the side.
"A ship..." he says, giving a slow, knowing nod.

Nothing more is said -- because there isn't anything he can add that she hasn't already told them -- so instead he watches her eyes, gauging where her mind goes.

Insight, Mr. DM? :v:

However, Sylmae couldn't help but relax upon seeing another person who looked like her – finally realizing this was the person she was answering before. She walks up to Vilnius and studies him carefully. “You look so familiar…” After a moment, realization washes across her face.

“You were there, too!” She can’t help but sound almost joyful that perhaps someone can help her piece together her memories. "The ship was so peaceful...I wonder why we were there? Surely there was a purpose for us."

“Something else about you feels familiar as well…like we have more in common than just our appearances.”

I’m not sure if we have knowledge of our classes and skills, so I’m sort of alluding to it. I don’t want to overstep too far, though.

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

P.d0t posted:

Vilnius
Half-elf Cleric (Tempest)

"We can't know the answers to any of that, at least not for now. I think it might be prudent if we keep this Magar character just between us... inmates? It seems clear to me that he's dangerous; if we're associates of his, then we're dangerous too. And we're in no shape to protect ourselves, if these guards suddenly decide it's dangerous to let us live."

"We don't know who's on whose side... in..whatever seems to be going on here."

"Vilnius," he states quite simply, for the benefit of all to hear.

Turning to the other half-elf, he asks, "and you? Do you remember what you're called?"

Sylmae

"You make a good point..we still don't know what these people's plans for us are."

"As for my name - Sylmae sounds about right."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

Sylmae

Sylmae feels her face burn as Vilnius pulls her along. For a moment she tenses up and considers protesting, but decides to simply relax and allow someone to give her any sense of guidance. She smiles gently and shakes her head to reassure him, “you owe me no apology.” The disturbing vision she had seen before left her feeling weary, far more so than simply being pulled along, and seemed to cycle through her mind.

She was in a village. Or she was where there had previously been a village? The sky itself seemed to be on fire. Much of the village had been reduced to charred hunks of wood. All around her, there were shrieks and howls – of pain? Fear? She felt nothing for the creators of the sounds. They seemed to be well out of her sight.

Around her, there were scorched, blackened body parts. They were ornately arranged in a pattern she could not immediately discern; beyond to show these villagers how wholly they had been defeated. Viscera seemed to be placed here and there, almost as loving touches to the pattern. Somehow, she felt nothing for this either.

What she did feel was, perhaps, a swell of pride? Satisfaction? As Magar implores her to drink of the horn of blood.

Gearing up!

No armor proficiency :smith:
Sylmae looked at the others putting on hides and other forms of armor. Somehow, she got the feeling she wouldn’t know the first thing about armor – how to put it on, how to move in it or care for it. She is grateful for what she can find of soft hide leggings, shoes, and a shirt. Not until she dressed did she realize just how little protection from the elements her rags had offered. This returns the blush to her face.

Arcane Focus
A staff caught her eye – perhaps it was meant to be used as a walking stick? There were small patterns carved into it, mostly swirls and spirals. When she picked it up, it felt just right in her hands. It came up to about her chest, and the uncarved portions of the wood felt smooth. Someone had taken great care to design this. She hated to see such good handiwork go to waste.
Explorer Kit
Sylmae sighs in relief upon seeing the bedroll. It appeared to be leather, lined with soft pelts. Foxes, perhaps? No matter. It seemed almost unfathomably luxurious compared to their previous arrangements. It was hard to resist just climbing into it and sleeping now…
Spear (simple weapon) + two daggers
A spear seemed to be a reliable enough weapon. The shaft felt sturdy and smooth. The point of the spear appeared to be made from sharpened bone, nestled and tied impossibly tight into a tight notch at the end. The daggers appeared to be made of similar materials.

• Locked thread