Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Glad to get in near the ground floor on this one.

So far, the game looks so horribly anime and poorly compiled mechanically that the only way I can enjoy it is with the two of you mocking it horribly.

I'm also wondering if we're ever going to get something that can make a better avatar for wateyad than Zael's wiggle-butt zoom.

I'm hoping yes for the sake of comedy, and no for the sake of humanity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
We clearly have to go the entire game not playing as Dirk Renegade whenever we can avoid it.

Also you should rename him something like "blade related name" "rebel/freedom related name" every new recording session.

That, or use like MS Word's Thesaurus option to look up related words for Edge and Maverick, then do the same thing with whatever the current names are. See how ridiculous it can get three or four sessions down the line.

Shei-kun fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Jul 20, 2016

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Air is lava! posted:

Did anything whatsoever happen so far? As far as I can tell you are just faffing around on some planet, killing wildlife. Is that the entire game?
Having gone through the ENTIRE LP of The Last Story from near the beginning to the very end, I can say with confidence that the style of LPs wateyad and co. produces are best enjoyed as fashion simulators with hilarious commentary that also happen to have swords.

Also Lowell taking a piece of the wall to the dick. That was pretty great.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

wateyad posted:

Episode 7: So why didn't we want to ask THEM for help?
Pride?

... That's all I got besides "unnecessary drama."

Also, goddamn, that first guy in the base has a fixation.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I love how the character named Edge is the complete opposite of his name while some giant edgelord looking motherfucker shows up like he was vat-grown in a fantasy Hot Topic.

Seriously who the hell designs uniforms that don't even cover the vitals? Even Reimi's butt-tacular outfit covers her TORSO.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Petitioning we rename Lymle to Helldog

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I love how you both called the padding device of the Shiny Stones before it even came up.

I also enjoy how Wet's model on the map doesn't change when you give him a new sword. Why are they showing the sword if they aren't going to have it reflect what is currently equipped :psyduck:

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
So where should I start with PreCure? Since what little I've seen is adorable and I want to get the barely relevant references, but from what little I know about the series it's like asking "so what's Kamen Rider"?

Also give all seeds to SamReimi.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Get off the political fence, Nonpartisan Guardian Yuina! :argh:

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I did not get the reference :(

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I've only seen a little bit of TM&WL, but at least I know what it is.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
SamReimi has once again proven to be the best character by defeating the boss all by herself.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
*highly impractically dressed and incredibly out of place character shows up*
"It's a new party member!" :buddy:

This game is not subtle.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Nah, she didn't look even remotely evil enough for that.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
All I know is that when we inevitably get Jiggles in the party, her name needs to be changed to Jiggles immediately.

Because that's likely going to be her entire character concept.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Honestly, that video was a breath of fresh air. The longest part of those battles was the intros and the victory posing, so it was nice to see you just casually steamroll things for once.

Also we got to see mining in action.

Finally, Bobbin is correct. The phrase is "A for Effort," meaning "good effort" with the often additional meaning of "the results were poo poo."

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
If choosing the "I promised to marry you" option lowers SamRaimi's affection, then this game is trying to subvert its anime nature in the stupidest of ways.

Also gently caress Space Chess, Backup clearly threw the match so random people would stop challenging him in the street when he got home.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Rodyle posted:

The moment it showed fences in the desert I went "NO, SHUT UP, NO"

Toma posted:

I didn't expect things to get this stupid.
So when I saw all these lovely comments before watching the video about this being the stupid part and it beginning and all that, I was curious what part of the video it would be.

I can honestly say I didn't know it would be the entire update.

Also Lymle/Limb/Leg/Arm/Wing/Tail/Whathaveyou chased the cat, further cementing her position as the team dog.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Suspect Bucket posted:

The designers of this game have never met a real cat. Had Meracle been an actual cat, she'd continue to run away after you helped her, the party would try in vain to find her, but then have to sadly give up, but then find her sprawled on the pilot's console on the ship in the god damned way when they're trying to make some kind of dramatic escape.

And she'd have pissed in SamRami's shoes.
Is it bad that I wish this is what happened?

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Damnit, Kevin! You vaporized the Earth! :argh:

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Rodyle posted:

is space elf going to marry into the space Tajiks
Only if Boob Elf doesn't appear to steal him first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Spatula City posted:

That Earth would've blown up anyway, really. the Nazi scientist would've figured something out eventually. It just happened maybe 20 years earlier. Which means less people died! So, win?
Your avatar makes reading this even better.

• Locked thread